Old 04-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #196  
ugggg.....

ok girls...I am over 200 lbs...I am working on it...I have been talking to several 40 somethings and I am wondering if a 5 lb fluctuation when you are doing all the right things is normal...but if you all are having issues at much lower weights...how am I ever going to get there...ugh....I cant get into the I give up mentality...I am running...(lol...jogging is more the case)...I am not going to to the boot camp cause hubby ranted...once he stopped ranting and I realized that he is not so much trying to control me a its a if we have the grandboys on the weekend...I am running three days...if I add two more days of boot camp after a 10 hour day putting me home closer to bedtime...when am I ever going to have time for him....or all the work that comes with 32 acres of woods and a garden and trying to maintain a yard...and then theres the house work...

enjoying the boys...hope you are having a great weekend...wish me luck tomorrow..we will have the additional new baby so my son and girlfriend can go out for their anniversary..shes so miffed it feel on Easter..
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Jules, I think for most women (at any size), a 5 pound fluctuation is pretty normal, but it sure is frustrating. Is there any way you might consider getting up an hour earlier a few times a week and doin an exercise DVD before shower and work? That's what I do because I have no other time I am willing to devote to exercise. I use the Walk At Home DVDs by Leslie Sansone and average 3 miles/5 days a week. Hang in there!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

Jules - hang in there - we all have those fluctuations - it's water combined with just stuff in our systems - so do not give up!! Hubby isn't trying to control you but sometimes when we start taking care of ourselves they feel left out i think - but then who am i to talk?? i'm single.. oh well - hang in there sweetie - you do need to find time for yourself regardless of the goings on in the world.

I'm with Annie if i didn't get up early to do the exercise before shower and work i just wouldn't be able to fit it in - or just wouldn't do it - work is crazy these days and that's just about the only time i'm home and can carve out the time.
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:56 PM   #199  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Waddle-by post! I cleaned house this morning, then did 55mins of weights. Gotta think about starting dinner. ACK!

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 04-23-2011 at 04:56 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #200  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

I agree with you, Sillycat- I think it makes them uneasy - like we're trying to change for no good reason. I've been noticing that a bit and have kind of gone along with eating more "stuff" the past two week - we've exercised a LOT ...but my weight went up last week and back to what it was this week. NO progress. ... except for measurement-wise - fit into smaller jeans that I've been wanting to get into, so I'm happy about that.

Annie - I'M STILL laughing at your jelly bean story Told DH it last night and he got a kick out of it. Enjoy your movie - let us know how it is. I prob would get too emotional at it b/c I feel so sorry for circus animals.

PP - keep meaning to ask you - not sure if you're a penguin FAN but have you seen that video of the penguin so excited at being tickled? I think it's just enchanting. LOVE it!

Went to ww this morning - down 0.6 - what I gained last week. After all this activity i thought i'd be down more. Pooh. Double pooh that I'm just at the same spot that I was two weeks ago, but have walked about 40 miles in the meantime! oh well, onward and forward - will be on the treadmill tonight as hubby is working nights and it's going to storm. Doing laundry (my fav chore) and need to clean up stuff. As always, it seems!

Jules - hang in there - if you're seeing the fluctuations daily - can you skip a few days between weighings? Or weigh just once/week - same time, same clothes, etc.?
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #201  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nationalparker View Post
PP - keep meaning to ask you - not sure if you're a penguin FAN but have you seen that video of the penguin so excited at being tickled? I think it's just enchanting. LOVE it!
Link?
Old 04-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #202  
Enjoying la bella vita

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...lish%20penguin

okay - i have watched it again and I'm STILL SMILING - how sweet/cute. I do put human characteristics on animals

Losing80 - if you're still around here, I took your advice for the stick blender and bought it - LOVE IT. Have to exchange it for one without a split ... but hubby made a strawberry one last night and prepped a protein choc shake for the morning ... and I just made one with pineapple. I detest yogurt, though, so am off to google to see if I can freeze milk I used 1/2 cup light vanilla ice cream and frozen pineapple and Milk and a smidge of toasted coconut. FILLING and got in my dairy!

Went to Target for hair color and ended up picking up another pair of workout pants they're selling that I really like - this should be my last (third) pair! Hopefully the next ones are a size smaller
Old 04-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #203  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Raining again! No walk, just rode the bike for 20min. The scale was 8 oz. down this morning, but still not back to what I was before the mystery gain. Do you guys gain when you eat just a little bit of candy?? I don't think I gained muscle, I don't exercise that much, I've done the same amount for 3 yrs. I do see a change in my body, my weight doesn't respond the same way to eating clean or exercise the way it did. I can't drop weight quick anymore, nor do I gain 6 lbs overnight from having a huge calorie intake like before, more like 2-3lbs now. Either my metabolism is slowing down due to age or my weight is trying to stabilize. Even if I cut calories down to 1200 it does nothing. At least i did good w/ eating clean today & only went 70 calories over because I ate a little extra chicken at dinner. If the scale isn't down tomorrow, something weird is going on!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #204  
Enjoying la bella vita

FL - I hate to see you stress so much about small fluctuations on the scale there are so, so many other reasons, other than JUST the food intake and output through the various ways, on why our weight fluctuates, for example if it's humid, we gain weight, if it's dry, we lose through breathing - we're completely chemicals and it's how they interact to what we might weigh one moment - an hour later with no food intake it might be different. I can only imagine that stressing about ounces on a daily basis is just going to be torture for you each day. Any way that you could check with a therapist to find some peace with it?

Haven't gotten my activity in yet today - so better get my rear in gear. Had halfway decided to skip it and just put on music and dance all around - so I'm thinking about that for a change from the walking! I'm NOT the most graceful/surefooted one, so ... could be fun as I'm the only one home tonight. DH is working nights again.

Last edited by nationalparker; 04-23-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #205  

OMG - that penguin is sooo cute!!! ha ha ha - thanks guys i needed that - he's awesome!
Old 04-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #206  
Enjoying la bella vita

Hello - another rainy morning here. (Not showing off, Annie!) Got on the treadmill for a good workout and I'm planning to get back on again this evening ... push myself a bit here on Day 34 of our challenge to get us to Memorial Day Weekend! Think I'll take the dog out for a walk after lunch even if it's raining lightly ...

Used to do pilates and yoga a LOT and now am completely out of the habit (easier when I lived alone, I know for a fact) and thought I'm going to try to work up to doing the plank - omg - I'm SO out of shape corewise. I feel I could walk 20 miles in a day on a long hike, but stay up in plank position for 20 seconds? Nope!

Sillycat and Annie - I'm going to try to get in the habit of getting up earlier to exercise on days that I can't walk at lunch - to add to it - DH and I get out and walk the trail most days (unless he's working nights) but maybe that'll help me kick off some more fat. I seemed to be doing better at losing before I ramped up the activity a few weeks ago ... but now I'm seeing more of a change in what I'm able cram my body in (jeans that I can now button/zip but wouldn't be seen in public yet). Maybe both will kick in together - lose inches and weight one month! My CHOICE is to lose inches because that's what people see, more than the number on the scale, which gets too much into our minds and plays with us ... but if I'm paying for ww, I want to see progress there, too I was eating healthy choices before - just too large portions.

Off to shower - Happy Easter to all who celebrate it - have a wonderful Sunday to all!
Old 04-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #207  

Happy Easter!

NP, that penguin IS adorable! thanks for the link! I find straight arm planks to be easier than the bent arm kind. I usually do more pilates/yoga {barefoot workouts} in the summer because its warm!
Old 04-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #208  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

The scale was way down, I'm happy. I stayed on plan all week so I could eat more on Easter. Now, my inlaws have me pissed, they love talking behind my back about things they are only assuming, not knowing the real story. I'm so mad I have to go there for dinner, I'm not eating anything, that will give them something to talk about! I'm only going to be with my daughter on Easter. I have no appetite at all, don't even want candy.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hallelujah! It's Easter Sunday AND we are finally getting a good soaking rain!!! The grass already looks greener, but it may just be the Dust Bowl being washed away. So thankful for the rain.

Dinner is almost ready and I will enjoy with my sons. Then cake! I'll post a pic of the sinful concoction later.

Love you all and am so thankful for this board.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #210  

Hi all - and Happy Easter!

whew - just got my work out in for the day - feel good to have it behind me - slept late today - work is kicking my tail! Felt nice - off to shower and hang out with the family.

(making that chicken chili tonight Annie - good food easy to reheat for dinner this week!)