Old 04-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 170/167/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey,
Feeling great today. Sore but great. Hour and a half on the wii..Now going for a walk .. Have a good day Keep moving !

Penguin, I Love the Wii. Wii fit has yoga strenghth training and step class all in one. Plus some fun games to mess around with and sweat.

Fruit, Its more of a 6 day cleanse..Not alot of fun but works and i am hoping it kick starts me ..I lost 3.1 lbs first 2 days.. guess we will see what happens.

NP, Love the challenge things like that keep me moving
luckygemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

PP have fun with your oven!

thanks NP, we head to montana on sunday and they only have a jc pennys. My big trip is in Sept in spokane and they have kohls but montana doesnt. I always watch fot the extra % off as i have khols charge card as well. Pennys have nice brasand i like at good prices and some athletic gear and purses and stuff for the grandkids.

You actually have tornado warning sirens? We get tornado warnings here and had a bad one in 1987 or 89 but no sirens. A few people died and it is now known as blacK friday but I forget the month. Hope you dont get flooded out
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Tornado sirens are serious business in my neck of the woods. They are tested each and every Saturday at 1200 noon on the dot, no matter what part of the city/metro you are in. It is always fun listening to the dogs howl and bark. Always spooky even if you do know it's noon on Saturday.

Not time for a long catch up today. Just note that I am going to attempt to repair my kitchen faucet myself this evening. It is leaking and I think I can do it. (Might want to watch your local late news for any breaking stories about flooded neighborhoods in Oklahoma showing a desperate woman holding her mini-Dachshund and wading out holding her disconnected faucet in her hands.)

Also discovered another LOVELY issue this morning. It was in the 40s overnight so I turned on the furnace to warm up the house. I was enveloped by the smell of something dead coming from the vents/ducts. I'm thinking a mouse must have gotten in there and died. Not sure if I can do anything about it, but while I'm being a chest-beating Ms. Fixit, I am going to poke my head up into the attic and see if I can tell where the smell is coming from......again, watch for breaking news about a woman falling off a ladder,. etc in Ok....

I'll let you all know how it goes. If I don't report back, call 911 (JUST KIDDING!!).
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #169  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Annie - we're a day and an hour earlier than you - Fridays at 11 a.m. for the tornado siren tests. Wonder why they do it differently? Scared the heck outta my dad the first time he was up here and RIGHT in front of one. Look at the upside - if you flood your house, open all the doors so your yard and gardens get the water!!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nationalparker View Post
...Look at the upside - if you flood your house, open all the doors so your yard and gardens get the water!!
LOL!! Will do!

That is odd about the tornado siren testing time. Must be a Civil Defense thing across the country??
Old 04-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #171  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Due to popular demand our T-siren test was changed to Wed closer to 3pm. I think people complained that it woke them up on Sat, LOL. The sirens started to blow last night at 11pm, just when we were getting into bed.

Annie, proud of you for attempting to fix your faucet. Eww, on the dead thing.

NP, high is 70* but its closer to 63* and raining off and on. I have the windows open and the overhead vent going full blast but its still stinky. I'm just happy the fire alarm didn't go off! I'm hiding in the less smelly back of the house.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #172  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I did my TM intervals today. I'm happy to report I did all intervals at my regular speed, no dropping speed on the new last one!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
I did my TM intervals today. I'm happy to report I did all intervals at my regular speed, no dropping speed on the new last one!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #174  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Evening plans are [hopefully] leftovers from last night with some sweet potato wedges - I want something QUICK and yummy. I'm LOVING these Johnsonville turkey/cheddar sausages - hard to describe but not high calories. Anyway I've bought a pkg the past several months after a great $1.50 coupon lured me in ... Then hopefully a hike in the park which will be soaked and muddy ... but at least fresh air and exercise ... I'm sure we'll be bundled up because it's cold today. Not Ashley Canada weather cold, but cold.

Speaking of which, Ashley - safe travels, chiquita!!!

Lucky - GREAT job on the wii!!

PP - You, too - kicking it on that TM!!

Last edited by nationalparker; 04-20-2011 at 05:17 PM.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #175  

Looks like you won't see me on the news tonight, ladies. I changed the O rings in my kitchen faucet all by myself and IT WORKS!! No floods! I can't do anything about whatever is in my ductwork, but I did put some air fresheners made to put in with the filters to help. I don't plan to turn the heat on again unless absolutely necessary. I switched on the A/C just to see if it smelled as bad (I had the A/C on all day yesterday until it cooled off in the evening and never smelled anything....I think the heat activated the stench....bleh), so hopefully it will just dry up and stop stinking. I may have fiance help me investigate next time he is here.

So yeah....I am HANDYWOMAN!!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #176  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Hi all!
Today was a partially nice day here, cloudy & damp til 3pm., then the sun came out, it got to 60 deg. I rode the bike after breakfast for 20min, than after dinner I went for a 25min. walk. It was beautiful outside, but tomorrow more rain, yuck! Supposed to rain on & off til Monday, so much for a sunny warm Easter. I could count the days we had sunny days in the past month. My stomach is better if I walk or do some type of exercise after meals, it aids digestion & makes me feel so much better. If it would get warmer & stop raining so much, I'd be out every night. Got up this morning feeling optimistic about everything going on, it actually felt like things are coming together & I will be at peace & happy for once. I wasn't really thinking about Easter before, but now I feel like I want to enjoy it. I finally got the decorations out & put them on the mantel w/ some purple lights, I like it. I'm dying eggs on Friday & there are three things I want to do on Easter. Go to the buffet for lunch( I know, not a good idea), lay around & watch a movie( never do that) & eat Easter candy during the movie( never do that either) I haven't watched a movie in ages. I lost another pound, I'm being real good with eating this week, I want to enjoy Easter even though I'll gain alot of weight . Gotta enjoy life sometimes!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #177  
ugggg.....

FL--the east coast certainly has had a strange spring...hubby gets SAD and I look forwrd to spring and sunny days...but they seem to be few and far between this season...I am going to color eggs with the grandboys Friday night...enjoy yourself and I hope you do find your peace

Annie--my 23 year old daughter was so proud of herself...hubs has bursitis in his right elbow and was having lots of problems till we finally found a doctor who diagnosed it and gave him a shot...she asked how to do it and was so excited to do it all by her big girl self as she said..

NP--how do you make your sweet potato wedges...I LOVE them...I bought me some flowers and will pick up some for my daughter and son's girlfriend and mother to his two boys for Easter but it feels weird not buying them for my mom but there is an older friend of mine who was never married and has no family...she moved to California but we keep in touch on Facebook and she gives me good advice from time to time...I am ordering a vase of proflowers for he...kinda in honor of my mom.

PP--we bought a fridge about 10 years ago and my stove is over 20 years old...thinking of a new one...My father passed away too last summer...he remarried when I was 12 and picked her family over us so I have always had daddy issues and now I have guilt cause I wasnt there for him like I was my mom, but she was my best friend and go to person, he didnt really want me and my brother till the end...

Ashley--if you dont here from me Monday night wait til Tuesday nefore you worry..lol...some of my olf high school friends are doing the boot camp lite and encouraged me to come..I never shopped at Kohlstil recently...I really like it...they have an email list that they send you coupons

gem--you sound like you are doing good with the exercise

well I raked my acorns and sticks before this and I am tired...have a great evening!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #178  

Jules- I had almost the same situation with my Dad and Mom after they divorced. It was hard, but peace was made long ago and I am glad. He died in 2007, my Mom in 2001. One of the biggest blessings was Dad telling me that he received (on the day Mom died) a letter from her telling her she forgave him. She had had a hard time doing that over the years and felt it might keep her out of heaven, bless her heart. All was well with every one when they both passed, each at their own time.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:44 AM   #179  
ugggg.....

Annie--thanks...we had a love hate relationship..my Dad and me..Mom had forgiven him before she died and we always had something sometimes good sometimes bad...my brother and him had not talked in 20 years and then Dad had to say stupid stuff...his memories of the past and ours didnt always agree...but me and my brother were there the night he passed and he held my brothers hand..if I knew what was going to happen would I have spent more time with him even though he had a way of hurting my feelings...yes...but hindsight is 20/20
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning.

Another type-by posting. Today is my last day at my current position, so I'm anxious and excited and sad. I've been exercising--good--but not eating very well--bad!. Another stressful day tomorrow at the new job, then a very busy weekend. Come Monday, things should settle down and I can focus on getting back on track as far as eating.

Congrats where due, and condolences as appropriate.

Have a good day, everyone.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote