Old 04-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #181  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hello - finally a sunny day! Yay! If only for one day as storms move back in tonight. Have our second dog obedience class tonight - DH is coming with me this time (well, for the next few weeks as his work sked allows), so that'll be interesting. Last night I made the quick dinner and then we went out for a walk a while later - up until we were stopped by a lake on the trail - it was so flooded out. Only got in about 3.5 miles and was hoping for 5-6. Oh well, it was good nonetheless. Came home and took a bubble bath aaahhh.

Jules - I cut up the sweet potatoes after peeling and toss them with olive oil (or spray with the olive oil spray) and add garlic salt and a lot of black pepper and bake at 400 for awhile probaby 18 mins - i have to watch them every time as it depends on how thin I've cut them. But we love them! I turn them halfway thru. What a nice thought with the flowers - hopefully that brings joy to you both!

Have done well eating and activity this week but am up several pounds on the scale. But had a turkey salad at Subway for lunch and cooked up chicken several diff ways last night so we have our choice for a quick dinner tonight afterward. Trying to push thru and not get disappointed.

Day 37 of our challenge - everyone still kickin' it? And Losing80, Ange, Barb - where are you? Stop in and chat! Guess Ashley's off on her journey now!!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:35 PM   #182  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I got my new vacuum cleaner today! I vacuumed just the 5x8 area rug and filled up the canister with mostly dog fur! I guess this is modern technology at work; vast improvement over my 35yr old vacuum. Today was the last lesson of Bible study for this year. Just two more meetings next week and they are both luncheons!

Pilates later!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #183  

I've been randomly vacuuming stuff. April doesn't like it, its too noisy, and wants to run away. I also did a 37min Pilates DVD.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #184  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

jules- thank you

The sun was out the whole day, only 58 deg. That's ok, at least the sun is shining. Tomorrow, rain again. Walked for 28min. & am going out again after dinner. After breakfast I started eating raisins, well I got hooked. Ended up eating 390calories worth! Then I had 8 tiny peanut chews. So of course I'm over my limit by 540! My weight is down, i always sabotage myself. Could have been worse I guess. I'm looking forward to Saturday, my old best friend wants to meet me at the Farmer's Mkt. She said she wants me to tell her about fruit & nutrition. Maybe I have inspired her to eat better, she's about 50lbs. overweight now, was thin til her 30's. I hope i can help her improve her health, she means alot to me. We had so many good times when we were young. With the thoughts of Easter coming soon, I keep thinking of junk food, I gotta stop! I have 2 more days to be on track, ate candy today, but still planning to not count calories!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Just a quick check in. Have had a busy and weird day. Had an issue at work but I did my job and took care of the situation.

I've been doing pretty good on food, but have snuck in treats so I hope I haven't done any damage. Not too excited to weigh in the morning but I'll put on my big-girl panties and step on!!

Still no rain. It was funny today at work. Severe thunderstorm warnings kept popping up for the SE part of the state and I thought, "Show offs." Made me laugh at myself.

Got a little cleaning done tonight and getting ready for the weekend. Going to plant flowers, hopefully work on younger son's room and cook for my family. I'm still planning to bake the cake for Easter Sunday and boy am I looking forward to eating it.

PP-It made me giggle to imagine you running all over your house vacuuming. Enjoy!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:03 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning.

Ate badly again yesterday, but had some good exercise. Today is my first day at my new job, so my anxiety level is high.

PPenguin--Glad you are enjoying your new vac. Doesn't it feel good to have all that pet hair sucked up?

Have a great day everyone.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #187  

Quiet day at home today, unless Hubby decides to surprise me. I never know with him!

Last year {or year before?} I bought one of those packages of 3 peony roots at Walmart. I carefully planted/marked two and then stuck the other in the ground in the back. The two came up but with only a few leaves each, but the forgotten one in the back came out with a vengence and has a bloom! Figures! So I'll be moving the carefully planted two into the back with the forgotten one!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #188  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Back to the rainy, stormy days here for the next couple of days. Annie, if I could pack up this rain and send it your way, I'd be delighted. ENOUGH. Flooding expected, etc. Did you decide to do two single-layer cakes for Easter or a regular one? (or do a regular one, cut in half and ice them both as half cakes?)

Good luck with the new position, Kitteh - hope you get some time this weekend for a little R&R to regroup and relax!!

The dog training was cancelled last night so we took the opportunity to go out to dinner (AGAIN) and run a lot of oddball errands I needed to get done. Planned on Olive Garden but the wait was 30 minutes and we didn't want that THAT bad ... (prefer our local Italian spots but the salad/breadsticks sounded good) ... ended up at IHOP - ack! I got a veggie omelette but then whammied myself with swapping the pancakes for a side of hash browns. Good and counted it all to the best of my ability, but dove deeply into the weekly points.

Today is a work lunch out but I plan to just get a baked potato and enjoy it. No bbq. Boss' birthday so I stopped for specialty donuts this morning and they're tempting me but so far, haven't given it yay. (Have to admit I did give in to about 1/2 cup of cheese/caramel popcorn, though - yes, in the morning. Someone had brought that in and it's delish but a fat monger.)

PP - glad to hear the new vac is working well and you're having fun experimenting with it - we finally got a new filter for ours and it's working like new - yay! It was only five years old, and I'm saving up for a carpet cleaner.

Losing80 if you're around - i got that stick blender last night and we picked up frozen fruit at Target to get started this weekend. ... went to BB&B and a coworker told me they weren't taking old coupons anymore but I asked at the desk and she said, of course I will. Well, I had several coupons and we ended up saving nearly $20 there! We bought two cool expensive tumblers and straws so we know whose is whose and I'm kinda excited - had gift cards from our wedding and with the coupons, we scored big.

Rambly note - sorry.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #189  

Howdy all!! A blessed Good Friday to all.

Was happy to see 154 on the scale this morning. Hoping I don't cancel that out with eating this weekend.

NP-Sounds like a smoothie-kind of weekend for you!! Enjoy. Sigh, although I had good intentions, I'll probably go all out and do both layers for the cake. I bought some pretty decorations and if I only do one layer it might look goofy sitting in my big glass cake plate.....good excuse, huh.

LOL, I went into our office here at work and there was a lovely jar of jelly beans just ripe for the picking. I took 5 of them and off I went. Next time I walked by there was a sign up, "Guess the # of jelly beans..." LOL!! I confessed and told them how many I took so their # would be accurate....then they taped the lid on.

Picked up some bedding plants last night, but didn't get all that I wanted. Going to stop at a different place after work today and hope to get what I want; I hate having to run all over town to different places. Will work on planting this weekend. There is a movie out that I really want to see, I may try to get to a matinee tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 04-22-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #190  

I did 41min of boxing today. Now that I'm all icky, I should go outside and work in the yard.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #191  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Had a good eating day, rode bike for 16min. Real busy, so didn't have time for a walk. Too cold & cloudy anyway. Gained 1.5 lbs. Was it from that little bit of candy I had? I hope not, I was doing good all week, only 2 days I had a little candy this week. A gain is how I get repaid for not binging on peanut butter or ice cream for 7 days! I'm disgusted!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 170/167/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi ..well I decided to stop my cleanse.. was not thinking about it being Easter this weekend...lol
Gonna start back on it tuesday. Did lose 6.2 lbs hope i can keep atleast half that off till then.Not worried about the candy but if I have to cook all that food I know I am gonna eat some of it ..

Been working out everyday so not to worried.. Have a great weekend everyone.
luckygemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

Ok - it's easter weekend and I've asked my mom NOT to do the easter candy thing - (yes i'm old and my mom still plays the easter bunny!)

Annie - that is too funny about the jelly beans.. ha ha ha - i probably would have done the same thing!

Gem - enjoy the easter weekend we can always pick up - i think we owe ourselves a little treat now and again.

FL - with the bike riding etc - is it possible you've added muscle? not fat - weighs more and is more dense. i try to temper my weigh ins with measure ins to help understand what i've added or subtracted from my body.

((hugs)) to all - today is Sunny here in the NW - and i want to get my house cleaning done so i can go out and enjoy it!
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #194  

Cleaning house today. I gotto try my new vacuum out today. Score= Vacuum 1, Penguin 1/2. I got the house vacuumed but I kept pushing the wrong buttons, and once an attachment fell off the back and scared me. Will do better next time. Weights for later.

Sillycat, My Mom gave me an Easter basket until I was 40! I'm not sure why she stopped, I enjoyed it!

Lucky, good job on those 6lbs.

FL, I've felt like that. I have one treat and the next day I'm up several lbs. ACK!
Old 04-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #195  

Hey gang!! I'm planning to take off in a bit and go see Water For Elephants. I read the book and the movie looks like it will be good.

I think I am going to invest in a new scale. We went and had Mexican last night for supper. I know I took in alot of sodiuim and my fingers felt really swollen when I woke up today. Stepped on the scale and I was up 3 pounds from yesterday's weigh-in!! I know I was retaining fluid after all the salt, but really....3 pounds??

Gemini-I plan to enjoy Easter dinner, too. Including the chocolate cake with buttercream frosting I am making tonight!!

FL-Hang in there!

Sillycat-Hope your work is all done so you can go out and play!

PP-I'm still smiling thinking of you and your vacuum adventures!!

Later today or early evening I plan to get out and plant my annuals after I clean the helicopters out of the flower beds. I'm ready for some color! It was so nice to be in the nursery smelling the dirt and plants yesterday.