Old 04-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #256  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

patch- There would never be three jars of P.B left in this house, I eat it too much.
Annie- I take a hot bath and soak my knee, it helps alot.

Good day considering we had nasty thunderstorms all morning. Rode the bike for 20min. then took a 38min walk tonight, the weather was lovely. Had my daughter to the E.R last night, she said she has been dizzy, fainty, weak & tierd for the last week. All her tests were fine, the Dr. thinks she's not eating enough. She did lose 9 lbs this past month, I've been after her to eat more for quite a while, I hope she doesn't have an eating disorder. She said she wasn't trying to lose weight, she ignores her hunger alot because she's busy w/ school work( honor student & Advanced placement classes). I never talk to her about my own problems with food, but she knows I eat clean most of the time. Her blood pressure was 108/55 last night, so I was worried. She's home from school today & has been eating better. Oh, dropped 3.5lbs. !
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:53 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning.

Out of control yesterday. Went shopping at the warehouse store when I was hungry, came home with food I shouldn't eat. Stuff myself last night. Sigh.

I'm going to do better today.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi all! Just a quick check in today. I didn't get to bed/sleep until after 11:30 last night, so I slept in and didn't exercise this morning. I am not doing an official weigh-in this week. With TOM, cake and eating Mexican late last night, I don't want to do anything official right now! I'll hope for better results next week. I realize I won't make it to my Memorial Day goal, so am switching it to just getting into the 140s for now. I'll be happy with that!!

I'll check back later.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #259  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Took yesterday as an exercise rest day. I was exhausted all day then by bedtime felt wide awake again. I bought one of those ocean wave {white noise} machines and tried it last night. I found myself laying in bed trying to analyze the sounds to see where they looped the recording. Hmmm. This might be part of why I can't fall asleep, LOL.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
I found myself laying in bed trying to analyze the sounds to see where they looped the recording. Hmmm.
Too funny!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #261  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

I skipped my exercise too this morning, I had too many other things that needed to be done. I am taking a walk tonight after dinner though. Lost 4lbs so far, still have 4lbs to lose yet, this sucks. I'll never learn my lesson! My eating has been good, so maybe I'll be rewarded!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #262  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

PP- you cracked me up with the "loop" - i would NEVER have thought of that! ha ha!

Doing well today ... got up early and got on the treadmill. Challenge is going well ... 29 days until the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend ... I kinda lost count on my days in the challenge, though. Just keep on trekkin'

Excited to finally (!) see my wardrobe choices increasing as I am fitting into more things. S-L-O-W

Fun weekend plans, anyone? Mine are yard/garden/house cleaning.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #263  

I did two seperate workouts today. I do this in summer so I don't get too hot. First a 40min cardio/weights circuit then two hours later a 45min weights workout.

Its supposed to rain the whole weekend, so we plan on getting stuff done around the house. Usually this turns into "hey, this is boring...let's watch a movie and do this later!" Guess what happens later~ more movies.

NP, I tend to look for patterns. Also I can't just enjoy something I have to analyze it, LL

Kittah, you can do it! Ignore that food!

FL, good job on the 4lbs.!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #264  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Default Just introducing myself

Feeling in a rut and trying to get back on the wagon (or is it merry-go-round) for the umpteenth time. Can't stand looking at myself in the mirror anymore, and need to do something about it.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #265  

Guacomole, I like the merry-go-round image. Glad to have you join us

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 04-29-2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: because the carrot ended up in the guacomole!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #266  
Enjoying la bella vita

Guac - glad to see you here! Check in often and let us know what you're facing. Good luck with your dinner tonight - I know exactly where you're coming from with feeling how you are - I think most of us do. But put whatever music on that really lifts you (I do this all the time when getting ready for something out...) and leave yourself time to do nice makeup, etc. I'm sure you'll look fine and don't think people will be giving you empty compliments - Just think, you know what? I DO LOOK GOOD and then you'll start feel it, hopefully!

PP - you're ACING those workouts!! Great job!

FL - Hang in there - sounds like you're on the right track.

Got home last nite and hubby was setting up speakers, rearranging audio stuff. House needs a LOT of order, so I made a quick yummy dinner (radiatelle pasta, diced chicken, sauteed onions, tiny diced up turkey pepperoni and sundried tomatoes - if anyone has trader joe's near them, they've got a new product - these tomatoes NOT packed in oil - yummy and inexpensive ... and topped with Classico sundried tomato alfredo) and got to work with this and that. His company had given him a turkey at Christmas but we don't do turkey right after thanksgiving, so hauled that thing out Thursday night to start thawing and will do it up tomorrow with some of the tgiving sides.

Have ww this morning but am seriously debating over going ... I'm committed to eating well, have got in all the activity and just have TOM and am up several pounds. I HATE to see that. It's ok when it's just me seeing it on the scale, but to have it in ink on my card seems like a failure. Why? I'm thinking, hm. If I weigh in on wednesday (I won't be going next weekend as we're traveling) then I'll split the middle and yet still stay on track. ... I've got about 30 minutes to decide.

Enjoyed watching the recaps of the royal wedding. So beautiful.

We've got a pretty sunny day today -- before more rain tomorrow - so better get that yard mowed at some point today, too. It's been a week and the grass is already crazy high from all the rains.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #267  

Cleaned clutter and then the house this morning. I always hate having to excavate the flat surfaces to get to them to clean them. Then did 30min of HIIT cardio. My DVD is high impact so toning the moves down to my preferred low impact is always a challenge to my creativity.

NP, I make something similar, chicken, bag of frozen veggies, and top it all with a jar of alfredo sauce. Yum!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:55 PM   #268  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

It turned out to be a nice day here, 68 & sunny. Was cloudy & chilly this morning, then around 1pm the sun was out. Tomorrow will be busy again, going to get my daughter a full size bed( now has a twin), so she can sleep better. My aunt offered to pay for it, she'll do anything for her. Then going to buy flower & veggies plants for the back yard, I have lots of pots to fill. Hope the weather holds up. Got 46min of exercise in & am still eating clean, but no change on the scale, I'm stumped.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #269  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Well, the big event is over and I made it through. Several people commented on my outfit and matching accessories. No one said that "I" looked great, but they found nice things to say about my style and taste. It wasn't a total loss...but I never want to feel the way I felt getting ready for this event again. I want to feel confident. The only way I can feel that way is to like how I look without clothes - that way any clothes I wear will simply be complimenting my already fabulous figure! I miss the days of shopping off the rack and having anything I try on look good. Back then, the only dilemma was narrowing down the many option. Now I go shopping and am lucky to find one or two things - and they are both ugly!

The down side is - I ate like a pig. The entire day was eating lavish and decadent foods. I am so bloated right now......
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #270  
Enjoying la bella vita

New day, everyone! Today it's raining here - SURPRISE (sarcasm there). We've had one day without rain, yesterday, in the past week or more. I don't want to count because I'm getting down about it. Is it a big thing in the big scheme of things? Heck no.. but it's sometimes a downer to always look out and see gray/gloom.

Guac - if you journal, write those feelings down and refer to them when you lose sight down the line of why you're on this journey. You're 20 down (CONGRATS) and are on your way now!! Don't beat yourself up. Do a few more active things today - start your new routine.

Day one of MAY!! I'll wait for someone to start the May thread. One month here, I'll start one Less than four weeks until the memorial day weekend!!

Plans today - hop on the treadmill ... if it stops raining, I'll also take the dog out for a trail walk, then clip her down a bit more. Have to (no, want to) bake for a coworker's bday tomorrow, iron my work clothes for the week, color my hair, and today's the semi-Thanksgiving, so am cooking a turkey, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes (yes, both!), green beans and salad. Am loving having all the space in my freezer with that turkey gone. I got used to having one third less space and now it seems so roomy - ha! Dessert is that ww lemon thing I made - it was so delish - I'll bring it back into the rotation this month. With all these things, I should have little time to nosh on things here, right?