Old 04-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #106  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Annie- I have been the same way for a month. It does become a habit & it's really hard to stop. I don't know what's going on lately, my control flew out the window! Why does food have to be so powerful?
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #107  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Hubby surprised me by coming home early to bring me flowers and a card for my Bday {which isn't until next week, lol, but he likes to surprise me early so I can't say he forgot! The nut!}
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, all.

Ate horribly yesterday, but weight stayed the same. Probably would have gone down if I hadn't eaten badly. Going to the gym this morning; I hope I can complete a whole class. I'm so out of shape. And fat. And old. And having a pity party. Gaaah! I hate when I throw myself a pity party.

Just stress, on top of everything else. I WILL feel better today after I exercise.

Have a great day.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

Annie - I so understand your eat like everyone else mentality and the wanting to just eat. it is so weird why we do this. it is like it gives us a certain feeling like everything is good with the world or something, hope you have a better day today.

Thank you penguin! and way to go on the weights.

I always feel emotionally better when I eat properly and therefor feel better again.
I watched a movie (can't remember the name) but the main character, a girl, was a food critic for a magazine or paper or something and something she said made me think. She said you don't need to eat alot of food to know if it is good or not, of course she was very thin and just tried all the food she would critique. I find this is true but to keep it under control is another story, kinda like the alchoholic not being able to just have one drink (which I can do!)
Yesterday went well, just had my caramel yougurt with bran buds for breakfast.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #110  

FL and Kittie - hope you guys both have a better day today!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Ugh. Was in the middle of a big, long catch-up post and hit the "back" key by mistake....lost it all. Here are the finer points...

Doing okay on food today, not perfect.

PP, enjoy your salad. DH sounds like a sweetie.

Phoenix-Hope you know I was kidding about the Gladys Kravitz thing.

FL-No doubt, food is powerful.

Kitteh-Hope exercise was good. Congrats on staying same weight.

Ashley-Any signs of spring yet in your world?? Feeling good and being healthier was enough to keep me on plan for a long time, not sure why I am thinking about food so much lately. Maybe not busy enough.

Housework and my shows tonight!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 04-13-2011 at 02:33 PM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #112  

I did my TM interval today.

I got a compliment on the weight I've recently lost from a woman I see every week. I thanked her for the compliment but confessed that I hadn't actually lost any weight. I loved the compliment though.

Hubby is clamoring for me to come start/have dinner. We are having leftovers.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #113  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Thanks all- I am eating better today!

Another rainy, chilly day. This is depressing, don't even want to be outside to enjoy the spring flowers, they will be dead by the time the weather gets nicer around here. Took off today from exercise, I had too much to do & didn't want to walk in the rain, I missed doing it though. Didn't go over my calories, i ate normal sized meals like i used to. For dinner I made Swai fish for the first time, it was good but a little fishy tasting, I prefer Tilapia. Swai is very affordable, so I thought I'd try it. Didn't fill me up, due to the lower protein it has. I'm up to my calorie limit, now what? I'm chewing gum & drinking diet soda to curb the hunger. This sucks!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning.

My exercise was cut short with cramps yesterday--grrr, hate that and it's my own fault for not exercising regularly. Going in again this morning.

Still didn't eat well yesterday, but I am working on getting my attitude turned around. I am still down 20+ pounds--I'm keeping a close eye on that 20 mark--so I try to remind myself that I have done well and this is just a bump (more like a series of bumps) in the road, and with all the stressful things happening right now I should be surprised that it is hard at this time to keep focused.

I hope everyone has a great day. Sorry I'm not tracking everyone's posts yet--I promise I will get back on track with that soon.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #115  

I've been watching the show Atticted to Food which leaves me with things to think about concerning my emotional eating. Last night I asked Hubby to watch part of the show with me, afterwards we ended up in a long discussion about our personalites and habits, which was very interesting. We have always thought we were polar opposites when it comes to personalites but I think deep down we are more similar than we know. The show we watched last night was only the second show, I wasn't sure I liked the first introduction episode, but I enjoyed the second one enough to keep watching.

Kitteh, hang in there and take care of yourself.

FL, good job on not going over your calories.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #116  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hello! Had an on-the-go evening - got home and we headed out to enjoy pizza margherita at our local italian joint (the ONLY non-chain one I've found in this area) and I enjoyed two slices of the thin, tomato-covered beauty ... then on to Kohls and used my 30% coupon - splurged with new sneakers and a pair of shoes for each of us. I usually fit best in Nike but their selection was puny. Didn't get home until 10:30!

Set the alarm early for day 44 in the 50-day challenge to ourselves countdown ... I'm 33 miles into my 100-mile goal for April. Um...halfway thru the month and thirdway through to my goal. Hm. Oh well, keep on truckin', right? Anyway, woke up feeling wonderful before my alarm even went off - which is great. Except that I SET my alarm time but forgot to turn it on, so it was 8:15 and I was surprised at how light it was for 6 a.m. ahhhh... RUSH.

Dog training class tonight. So might be an off day from the trail.

Penguin - who carries that tv show? I've not heard of it, but don't usually have the tv on to see commercials of upcoming shows, either. Sounds interesting. DH sounds like a good guy - surprising you early for your bday!

Decent note after lunch, hopefully - better get to work!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #117  

NP kohls 30% off coupon yay! and yes keep on trucking!

Penguiin, it sure is nice to get compliments!

We were on our way to a nice spring finally, most of the snow is melted, at least off on all the roads. And now it is a mini blizzard outside, yay :P

It is so easy to think of food when we are bored. I don't understand why our brain works this way, yet for some people it does not. Trying to stay on plan today. And I don't care if it is snowing I am going for a walk at lunch. Sheesh.........

Well decided to start prozac last night. Well see how it goes............... One of the side effects is suppose to be decreased appetite... sure hope i get that one! Not the others!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #118  

Have I ever mentioned that I have wonderful parents? They are buying me a new vacuum for my Bday and just annouced that they will buy us a new flattop stove for Our Anniversary! We didn't expect this! We had to cancel a vacation, use all our savings, and go into debt {again!} to pay for April's surgery so this is wonderful news. Anyone have any brands or suggestions on stoves/ovens. We do have a budget!

'yet to be decided' yoga for later today.

NP, Oprah's new network OWN.

Ashley, Hope the prozac helps you.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Well, I keep thinking it is Friday but only one more day until it actually IS Friday! I'm excited as fiance and I decided we are going to drive down to see the OU Spring Football game on Sat. We are going to try to find a good place to eat while there, too. Our single friend may go with us, too. I'm looking forward to getting out and doing something different.

Last night I got one of my bathrooms cleaned before watching my shows. Will clean the other tonight before same and try to do the living room afterward. Need to do a load of laundry, too. Want to get some flowers to plant after work, but probably ought to wait, it may get chilly here for another week or so. Don't know why I am so inpatient this year.

Did a 3 mile walk w/ 1# weights this morning before work.

So far, so good on eating today....yesterday was a worse disaster than the day before. Oh well, one day as it comes. Having this challenge going is really going to motivate me.

Have a good day everyone!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #120  

Annie Hope you enjoy your football game.

Penguin - that is awesome news, happy for you!
I got a new vacuum last year, the one i had was 30 years old and time to retire it. Had it serviced and upgraded a few time. It was originally my moms but electrolux's are so good, never thought I would get a new one at $1700. But on kijiji I found one for $250 I felt like I won the lottery! lol. The man who had it had passed away and his son was selling it. Good luck with looking for a stove make sure you get a self cleaning one!

Went for a walk in our blizzard sheesh got soaking wet and now my hair is wet and have a bit of a chill from it. But time to go home soon. although it is rather depressing to have a blizzard it was refreshing to go out in it. Now I want to go home and get cozy with a big blanket. Food wise good day so far, went bad yesterday and ate way to much. :P I ate an entire foot long subway turky bacon sub with low fat mayo .... lol. and 6 cookies crunched in light ice cream.... and alot of chocolate at work. Someone brought in giridelli squares omg, never had them before they are the best I ever had.