Old 04-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules1216 View Post

Ahh..dirt therapy is always good for the soul..
Yes!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #77  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Annie - let me know if you're up for now a 48-day challenge to ourselves. I'm ALWAYS up for starting one and then fizzle when others (friends, a close relative) drop out or hesitate to get started) so maybe being accountable daily will help me. Got in six miles yesterday - one early one on treadmill, three on trail, and then two more on treadmill with incline alternating. But didn't eat wisely and while I've been sweating up a storm doing major work today (pulling down drywall with hubby and some yardwork) I've not eaten the best. NO, i take that back, I used four points on sweet potato chips, otherwise everythign else has been healthy. I focus on the negative.

Anyway, I know i shoudl be posting this is "chicks up for a challenge" but I"m off to my now 48-day challenge. I don't want to set a weight goal then because I'll be disappointed even if i kick my own butt and remove some of it if I don't meet a preset goal. But I want to get my body shaped up. Doing Losing80s 100-pushup challenge and now just getting ROLLING with it as far as reading what I"m supposed to be actually doing. Ha. Oh well, still in week one but tomorrow will be day 3 and the end of the first week. It's a lot more challenging than it appears at first glance. And I"m just doing it on my knees!!

Okay, off to pop lunch in the oven and get cleaned up.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

Ok my easter challenge will simply be to find a place to hide the easter candy from myself!!!!

Feeling pretty good today - PJ's no longer stay up where they were tied in Feb - so i must be making progress right???

I feel thinner and stronger... so i guess i'll take that as a yes!

No one laugh - I have been doing the Firm workouts and recently added a Jillian Michaels workout (that first couple times through i didn't make it through - but can now - still winds the crud out of me but... that's a good thing right) and i just bought the Zumba "ditch the workout join the party thing" i need something that is uber fun just to get me moving in the evening.. so i'm hoping that if i add a 2nd workout - even if it's not as strenuous as a serious workout - that it makes more incremental progress..

sound like a plan??

Any more good low calorie recipes out there? Annie's chicken chili is awesome!!!

It's tough out there looking for work right now - probably one of the toughest markets yet - i have a friend who's been looking for some time right now and even with his credentials he's struggling - add to that if you aren't already working lots of companies just don't even look at you - which is silly - they usually want someone to start right away and only look at people who need to give notice?? what the heck.

Well - hang in there all!

C.
_____
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #79  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

sillycat- sounds like a great plan, I always wanted to get a Zumba CD. It looks so fun!

Annie- I don't think it's fair at all, employer's know they don't have to pay students as much as an older person expects to be paid. It sucks!

Another cloudy day here, got some yard work in yesterday before it got too cold. I only have a few things left to do. Rode the bike for 22min then walked to the shopping center near out house, it only took me 20min. total. I gained 2 lbs. Before i went out to do yard work yesterday, I ate almost a whole jar of peanut butter hubby had hidden, I found it and went nuts on it. Then i got after some of the Easter Candy, every 6 days I just pig out on certain foods, why? stress? Had heartburn all night, couldn't sleep & I was still full this morning yet. So I did good with eating a smaller breakfast & should be fine calorie wise. Now I have to struggle with trying to lose these 2lbs again!!!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #80  

Love catching up with you all!! I spent the first part of the day with younger son working in the yard. We picked up TONS of maple helicopters, mowed, weed-eated (ate?), cleaned/hosed off the front porch and furniture. It was a good workout! I soaked my sweat band!! I've done horribly on food this weekend...I'll just say this...brownie sundaes (note that's plural) were involved as were McD's and chili dogs....it was ugly, friends.

That being said, YES, NP, I will join in that 48 day challenge. I will challenge to get down to 145. Hope that isn't too ambitious. I will record my weight this Thurs/Fri as usual, update my ticker if necessary (it will be, trust me) and get back on track tomorrow first thing! I've been stuck for too long and maybe this will be the nudge I need. Thanks!!

Hearing and neck/upper back are hanging in there. I hope I am not too sore tomorrow morning after the yard work. I am making sure to be extra careful. I am so thankful to have these issues improving. I have literally been thanking God as often as I can.

Sillycat-I'm impressed and inspired by your exercise! Awesome!!

Fruitlady-Hang in there and be sure your hubby locks up the peanut butter, etc. You can do it!

Going to go finish prepping my veg for the week then watch Celeb Apprentice. I love that show!!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 04-10-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #81  

Looks like I'm the first one here today! It cooled down over night and I got to turn off the A/C in the house. It is just TOO EARLY to be using A/C!! Hope it is a while now before I have to turn it on again. The wind and cold coming in the windows last night kept me from sleeping soundly so I stayed in bed 30 extra min. this morning. Then I got up and did a 2 mile WATP w/ one pound hand weights. I had stopped using weights while I was having the issues with my neck/upper back. I thought I would do the one pounders and see if it went okay. I want to ease back into using 2 and/or 3 pounds again.

I'm trying to think of something quick to go with supper tonight. I have some polish sausage and some smoked sausage I am going to stir fry with peppers and onions. I had thought of rice but will probably make rice tomorrow night to go with some fish I want to grill or bake. I then thought of doing some pasta in a garlic/butter sauce. I still may do that if I think I can limit my serving size on it....I just love it!! I may do baked potatoes instead....not sure....any suggestions??

So NP, what is the official end-date of the now-47 day challenge?? I'm looking forward to having something to work toward. I want to get out of this rut and get to goal so I can just enjoy (?) learning to maintain. Basically that is what I have been doing, but not purposefully.

How is everyone doing today??
Old 04-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #82  
Enjoying la bella vita

Okay, glad you're in with me, Annie! You're right - 47 days to get us to the Friday before Memorial Day. I'm wanting to get more into clothes that don't fit (butt/hips/thigh-wise) than to be at a weight, but with paying for WW I want that to happen, too. I am trying to commit to being as active as I can! I got up a smidge earlier to get on the treadmill before work - and DID IT. Not long enough, but baby steps in the morning. Looks like it'll be a rainy day, so will plan to get on the treadmill again tonight.

How about corn on the cob? Sweet potato wedges are a favorite of mine, too - I peel, cut into fairly thin slices and then toss with pepper, garlic salt and a little olive oil (or Pam if you prefer) and bake at 400 and turn once. They don't take too long. And tasty! But pasta and potatoes sound good to me, too We grilled skewers of peppers (they were $1 each for the red/yellow/orange ones - yay!) and onions to go with our turkey burgers yesterday. I boiled corn on the cob but we were too full. Of course, then I did an apple crumble - light, but still... I had one serving and it was good, but won't be calling my name every day until it's gone, so that's good. The raspberry one sure did!

Will catch up more at lunch.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #83  

Thanks for the suggestions, NP. I'll think about the corn... Neither one of my boys are huge sweet potato fans, so not sure they would go for that. Pasta is really calling my name.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #84  
Enjoying la bella vita

I have to say, I don't like a baked sweet potato (wish I did) but I LOVE those... But if pasta is calling to you, go for it! Just cook up three servings and then you're not tormented by seconds.

Am I the only person who hasn't Zumba-d? I need to check out a dvd from the library one week and give it a try. Sillycat - how do you like it?

Bought a bathing suit yesterday at, of all places, Sam's. When I used to swim a lot, i'd buy a few there every year since they were Speedos and around $20 instead of $80 ... well, I put it on when I got home (no dressing rooms there) and it was a shock to see my big white dimply thighs - shocked me so much it brought tears to my eyes and my husband just couldn't understand. THAT was a motivator to keep up the activity and keep portions in check! And also to haul out the bottle of self tanner to turn those thighs at least a LITTLE tan. Yowsers - If I'm going to be wearing that in 47 days, I need to make serious progress. Still upset.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone's weekends went ... any big challenges this week? Kitteh -do you start your new position this week?
Old 04-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #85  

NP-I've never tried Zumba. I assumed there were lots of high-impact moves and those aren't good for my joints.

Good idea on actually measuring how many servings I make of the pasta....who woulda thunk it?? I've gotten out of the habit of measuring things like I was there for a long time. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hiya and happy monday, gang. Eating well continues to go badly. Working out is a lot simpler. I'm concentrating on reliable pre- and post-workout food. Coming to grips with an entire day's food is too much! Ahhhh - I'm melllllltiiiiiing!

It's sunny and almost a little too warm here today. Boy do the neighbor's gardens look great!

Has anyone tried sweet potato as a side for salmon?
Losing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Oh hey, forgot to mention.... I've added an old workout DVD to the M-W-F mix. It's the Beachbody Turbo Jam workout w/ Chalene somebody I think. Lots of fun!! I highly recommend it. This may be what my workout was missing.
Losing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #88  

Well, poop squat!! I forgot older son is going to a concert in Tulsa tonight. Guess my yummy meal will have to wait until tomorrow night. Younger son has an upset stomach anyway.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

NP Annie are you both doing this now 47 day challenge? Can I join? Do you just check in here?
Annie glad to hear you are feeling better.

Bad Bad Bad weekend, I was doing so good and trying to focus on the positive but fell into a bad depressed rut. Ate and ate everything I had int he house. At least I did not go buy a bunch more crap and waste money I dont have on stuff I dont need. Never buy the jumbo bag of chocolate chips again even if for baking the healthy stuff and on sale at a good price.

today going well, exercised at lunch, now I can walk to the train and home from the train as it is not -20 anymore. So that adds an extra 25 mins to get the body moving.
Stupid engine light on the car came on, right when we have to go on a trip and right when I get my tax return back.......... :P Hope it is nothing major.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #90  

Hey Ashley! I was honestly wondering about you earlier today and how your weekend was. Sounds like you are getting back on track today. You know, my car always seems to need a repair when I get my tax refund, too. I am having to wait to buy my furniture because it cost more than I thought. I hate having to be a grown-up and admit I need that car to get back and forth to work every day....I'd rather be sitting on new furniture.

As far as I know, we are just going to check in here for the challenge....of course you can join in!