Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 09:50 AM   #106  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' ladies!
I am so sorry to hear about all of your pet issues. Poor little guys....I haven't experienced any of that yet. My puppy is a naughty little holy terror... I am going to dress him up as a alligator at Halloween (he's an English Bulldog)-that kinda stuff cracks me up.
I hope everyone gets their kids off to school safely...
Have a great weekend everybody....!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Buddy is about the same this morning. We have to hand feed him because he can't focus to find the food in his bowl and besides he doesn't seem to be able to chew. He ate some chicken with carrots and beans for dinner last night and then we let him have some water. We let him have too much and a few minutes later, it all came back up. This morning, he only wanted the chicken, and I only gave him a few pieces. A while later, I fed him 1/4 c of oatmeal and he seemed to like that. He got a very small amount of water. He's able to make it outside by himself and we just have to hope he doesn't fall in the pool while he's out there. He and Chico are home alone until 1 PM.

Best of all, since I was so discombobulated yesterday (and forgot to eat breakfast) I lost a pound. Back to ticker weight. Now to make it stick.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:42 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 298/268/150

Height: 5'0"

Hi all. I finally made it over and it's to find out that boy so I have some reading to do to catch up here. Seems like we're all a bunch of chattering magpies-lol
Old 08-19-2007, 11:32 AM   #109  
Get Moving :)

S/C/G: S/C/G: 220/133/120

Height: 5"2

Talking Hello......

Good Afternoon Everyone,
Starting back here after a long absents..it says the last time i logged in here was 11-21-2006..wow..well since the last time i was here i've gained about 6 pounds so i'm ready to get back on board with all you wonderful motivating people. I'm off to have lunch but i'll get all caught up in a few.
Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend

Vanessa
Old 08-19-2007, 07:35 PM   #110  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, new here just got a post to come on over so here i am. No Idea how much I weigh...Waiting to get back on the scale after the kids get back to school. They start back on wed....I am sure I will be posting all new #s Ohwell. I also have alot of readibg to do....I really need all your support....I need to refocus and get back on track...Iam so depressed but a new day and a day forward is all I need to say now..... Anyway wanted to say hello and looking forward to getting to know you all......Barb
Old 08-20-2007, 01:40 PM   #111  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/255.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone and welcome to Barb and welcome back to Vanessa and TeresaR. Looking forward to getting to know you! Vanessa, it looks like you had a lot of success the last time you were here, so I'm sure you'll do fine now.

The kids are back in school now! Woo hoo! What is really funny is that I feel a whole new attitude going into this week. It is as if I was holding my breath, waiting for them to go back to school. I was back on schedule this morning with exercising and made a healthy lunch and breakfast. Why is it that I couldn't do that before? Summer is tough on me for some reason. Just get really lax, I guess. But, I feel totally motivated again and ready to move forward!!!! I'm up a little from where I was right at the beginning of summer (I was down 13 pounds total), but it isn't a deal breaker. I think that I'll be able to get it back off and then I want to have an awesome fall and end the year much lower than how I started the year. That would be great.

How are all the pets? Everybody doing ok???
Old 08-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #112  

And here I thought my kids started school early! Not so--they used to start the week before Labor Day and now it has moved to the day after Labor Day, so we still have 2 weeks of summer left. DD is at school today for a week of band camp with her high school band. She's a senior and the section leader for the percussion section. It's a tough job this year--7 returning members and 10 new members and only room for 10 total in the marching band! She is going to have everyone try out for the different positions and will only take the best 9 (she, by default, gets one of the 10!) DS is at a week of camp with the YMCA.

I was feeling rather yucky this morning (headache, dizzy, nauseous) but it only lasted an hour, thankfully. Now my sights are on lunch (leftovers from last night) and dinner (wondering if I'll have enough time to make the white chicken chili for dinner tonight).
Old 08-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #113  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Mmmmmm... Allison, can I fly out for dinner? White chili sounds delicious. It is cold and rainy here in Michigan. We have gotten more rain in the last 24 hours than we have gotten all summer. We just spent the last 4 hours or so with no power. Good excuse not to clean house!!

The weekend was eventful, but pretty much on program. It was my birthday on Saturday, so DH took me out for dinner Friday, then we had family over on Saturday, and last night spent some time with friends. I wasn't perfect, but I was thoughtful and careful, and this morning I was down a few pounds, so something must have worked! All the extra yard work I did probably helped!

Our kids don't start school till after the holiday either. So we have 2 more weeks to go, and lots of plans that will include unhealthy eating. But I am feeling good about where I am right now, so I don't want to start to backslide, especially since this is only going on my third week!!

Welcome (back) to all the new friends. It is frustrating to see thing not as we would like them, but we just have to remember the reasons that we are getting healthy and fit. As long as there are more steps forward than back, you are on the right track!! Everyone have a positive day and remember to talk good to yourself!!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #114  

Kim~let's just trade places, ok? I've had just about enough of this heat and humidity and would love some good ol' rain!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:08 AM   #115  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Happy Belated Birthday Kim!!!

Allison and I are coming up to Michigan for the weekend! The weather man said that it's gonna be 114-117 tomorrow. I think Satan lives here. Walked outside at 5:30a and it was already a scorcher. Hurry Fall......
Hope all is welll with everyone!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:38 AM   #116  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

If you gals are coming, it better be today. Tomorrow we get back into the heat and humidity too!

Yesterday was a pretty ok day... I wasn't really hungry so I didn't eat a lot. I will probably make up for it today though! You know how that works! I'll have extra kids here today (keeping my neighbors kids while she goes to class), so there are always lots of extra snacks around to tempt me!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:05 PM   #117  

We finally got rid of some humidity this morning! I went for my run and it was dry and "cool"--I think it was only 85!
Old 08-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #118  
Diane

It is hot here, but the humidity is down. They say it will be hot today and tomorrow, but relief for the rest of the week. I'm up for that! I guess it could be worse, we could live in Texas or Mexico. Boy, those storms are crazy!

I was so tickled for my kids back at school. They are having fun and are excited to be there. I know that it won't last forever, but I am glad that they enjoy school, overall.

I went for my walk this morning, and that was good. I have to build back up AGAIN but it feels good to get back on track. I was on plan with food yesterday and will be today too!!!!! Just can't figure out how I get off track so easily!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #119  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone. Just checking in for a few minutes. Its hotter than hot here too....and my electric bill shows it! I read on another thread that a lot of people who lost a lot of weight were surprised at how cold they get now. I told Hubby that we now have even more incentive to lose this weight.....maybe we can have a much lower electric bill next summer!

My two DD's started school on Aug 6th....and Mom-in-law finally found a job here....so the house has been nice and peaceful. Hubby and I are really getting a lot of work done now!

I must confess, I'm struggling a little bit with my "lifestyle" change. The rebellious teenager in me is saying that she doesnt want to do this anymore....its not fun! I'm having a little bit of trouble reigning her in, but I keep trying.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:26 PM   #120  
Diane

Rhonda, stay strong! Your great strides at getting back on track over the past couple of months has been nagging on me and definitely helped with me getting back on track, too, this week. I know how you feel, though. It is not fun to get back on track. I always think that I wish I would have just stayed on plan so that it wasn't so hard to get back. Remember all of your stuggles you had with cutting out the sugar again! You've been doing so well, with weight loss almost every week. You're my hero!
Closed Thread