Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I don't often post here, but I thought I'd jump in......

I was watching the news last night and the big story was the heat wave. They mentioned that one city saw over 100 degress for 3 days.....one city was 122 and humid.....several other cities were over 100 and humid......now I realize that those areas aren't used to that kind of heat, but it made me think. We live with those temperatures for months here in the desert. And we're in the middle of "monsoon" season which means a lot of humidity but not necessarily rain (they get the rain in Arizona, we just get clouds and humidity). I don't think we've seen daytime temperatures less than 102 for at least 6 weeks. And we had 3 or 4 weeks with very high humidity. So the rest of the country gets top billing and we don't get mentioned. Pity me. LOL. I do feel bad for those areas, though. A lot of them aren't used to it and probably don't have AC. It's got to be terrible. We get so hot here in the summer that there is no such thing as a cold shower! All the water gets hot. And do you all know how hard it is to get up to go jogging at 4:30 AM when it is 90 degrees and so humid that it hurts to breathe? Well, I do! LOL

Anyway, Susan knows me from other areas of the forum.....I'm Allison, married, mother of two, DD is 16, DS is 12. I have 2 dogs, Buddy and Chico (Chico is my running buddy). I'm 44. I'm trying to get back to a better weight--I recently gained 5-8 pounds.....yikes, it's hard!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:05 PM   #32  
mary

S/C/G: 306

Hi everyone, I am soooo tired of the heat too, Wisconsin needs fall so we can cool off and the Packers can start playing again!! I turned 40 in March 2007 and am back on the healthy kick....I have to lose the weight to enjoy my life. Any tips my way will always be appreciated. I tried the new pill Alli, did not work for me. Severe cramping and talk about the shi****s....my doctor told me to reduce my food intake and move my ***, and YES she said ***, I love her honest and motivating me.....Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:21 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 202/see tracker/165

Oh I agree, when the lead story is the heat wave it makes me think it's a slow news week! I HATE this weather we're having in New England but there must be a war going or something. Oh that's right!

Since my main form of exercise is walking (about 3 miles each day) this makes me weather dependent. I don't mind walking in rain, snow, whatever, just not the humidity. So, I shop on days like this! Needless to say, my bank account is shrinking at the same time as my hips!

Glad to hear you all aren't suffering too much. Lots of water for everyone!
Old 08-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #34  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

So, I see a thread started by Slashnl...(gotta be a good one, right?)....and its in the 40-Somethings forum! Can someone please tell me why I've never visited over here before?

Hi, I'm Rhonda....a regular on the 100lb club forum. I'm also 43, wife for 13 years and mother to two daughters, ages 11 and 7. Hubby and I both work from home for "a major healthcare administrator" and we are doing Southbeach together.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:11 PM   #35  

Hey Rhonda!

Wow, working at home must be hard on the diet. Or is it easier because you control the flow of food. I've always wanted to work at home but I think I lack the self-discipline - I'b be in my pajamas unitl noon!

I did Southbeach for a while and learned a lot about nutrition and strategic eating. While I'm calorie counting now, I always make sure to pair a card iwth a protein so I don't get hungry as fast. I thought the book was great!

What made you choose SB?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:21 PM   #36  
Former Quitter

Hey, Hoping.....guess who's still in her pajamas?

Hubby and I chose SB because its a plan we both can follow for life. He does the cooking in our family, so I bought him a couple of SB cookbooks for Christmas. We love the food! Some of the recipes are phenomenal. I also count calories as my weight loss was stalling and I wanted to kick it up a bit. Of course, if I really wanted to kick it up, I'd get off my big butt and onto the treadmill everyday!

Well, too much posting and not enough work today. I better get stuff done.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #37  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/255.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Aw shucks, Rhonda, thanks! Glad you can join us here. I spend a lot of time over at the 100 lb club, too, but it has been so much fun talking to the over 40 crowd here. Amazing how much we have in common.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:28 PM   #38  
Eleny

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello Everyone. It has been a busy weekend/week. My eating hasn't been the best, been eating out a lot, but the weight has stayed at 190.

It is great to see all the "new" people here.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:54 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Evening ladies! It is nice to see the new folks! I'll vouch for that Allison. We hang out at the Featherweights. Busy lady but is taking time to keep herself lovely and healthy.

I've had a much better day today. And it's about time!
Old 08-09-2007, 09:21 AM   #40  

Default Thursday Morning

Hey 40-somethings!

It's my TOM and my scale has NOT moved up. This makes me think that either I'm drinking enough water to counter-balance water-weight OR (and this is my Hope) I may actually drop a few pounds come Saturday.

I am upset though that I can't exercise. I had minor surgery a week ago and I'm still dragging my butt. I think it may be from the anesthesia (sp?) floating around my system or it might be the fact that I have been staying off my feet. It's such a nice day out, but I can't walk at lunch .

Meanwhile, the surgery didn't stop the pain in my side and I have to have an abdominal CT scan tomorrow. And, since I'm my mother's caretaker, I really don't have the patience for this. The garden needs weeding, there's groceries to buy, meals to cook. Luckily my niece is coming Saturday so I may put her to work in the garden. That's mean, I know, but she's young and will get over it .

Anyway, feeling a little sorry for myself today but glad it's not turning into a binge .

Have a good one Hope
Old 08-09-2007, 09:36 AM   #41  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Morning gals!
It's gonna be a scorcher here today!!! Gotta suck it up tho. We're pretty much out of our rainy season and back into the dry heat. THANK GOD! I cut the grass last Sat and it looked like I fell in the pool. I feel for all of you gals that have that nasty humidity.....ooooh.
Hey Hope!
Can I come over and weed your garden??? Just to see a garden would be fantastic!!! That's a dream of mine!
Have a great day ladies.....
-Jan
Old 08-09-2007, 09:56 AM   #42  

Jan, I'll leave the key under the mat. Mostly it's my rose garden, although the side beds are looking a little unruly. The echinacea is under control because the bunnies just love it Why they can't eat weeds is beyond me but at least they won't have colds this winter!

Bri - You picked a good week to eat out - too hot for much cooking. Not gaining is a good thing!

SusanB - Glad you had a good day yesterday!

I wonder of Rhonda is out of her PJ's yet?

Slash - 'sup?

Anyone else I missed, please chalk it up to my floating mind!
Old 08-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #43  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/255.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey all!
Jan, we're about in the same zone as you guys, but not quite as hot. It has finally dried out here. We're just not used to humidity. I think we're supposed to be a little hotter now, but that's ok. They said that we might get the monsoon back this weekend. Hoo boy.

Hope, I've given up on my weed issue. They win! I need to do some weeding, but there are just so many other things going on that the weeding is last on my list. Does your mother live with you or do you just check on her daily? I admire you for doing that... it can be difficult. So far I haven't had to face that yet.

I'm so single focused right now. All I want is to get my kids back to school. They are driving me crazy right now. They're only 2 years apart and they pick at each other a lot right now. I know that they are bored and ready to get back to school. My son has a football camp starting Friday afternoon and all day Saturday, so maybe that will break up his day. My daughter just wants to go shopping.... with MY money!!

Backing up a bit in the posts, I was interested to hear about the Alli, Mary. I wondered how it worked for people. I'm really not a pill taker, but you always wonder if there is some magic formula!! I like your doctor's advice about losing weight. We all know what it takes, but if I could find a shortcut, I'd be so happy!!

Get dressed, Rhonda...
Old 08-09-2007, 11:24 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Jan~isn't it nice to hit a cooler dry spell? We're expecting the humidity and temps to rise this weekend, though. I don't remember having an August without humidity.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:30 AM   #45  
Former Quitter

Oh no! You guys are on to me.....I'm sitting here in my pajamas again. I guess I'm subconsciously wishing I was still snuggling with my pillow. I'm sooooo tired these days. Darn mental-pause! I'm out of hormones until my new doctor's appointment on Tuesday and the insomnia is horrible. Of course, I'm having a bit of problem turning off the TV, too.

Slash - Hang in there. My girls went back to school on Monday and Hubby and I are so happy! My girls were getting bored and their activity of choice was to fight and argue. Can you imagine working in a house with fussing kids? Needless to say, it wasnt so easy.
Closed Thread