Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #121  

Height: 5'7"

angela_OH MY GOSH on the student!! How on earth did she ever get into college?
Old 01-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Morning all - not much going on here. That's a good thing!

Judy - what is the difference for you this time? You are in the zone - is there something that changed for you or you changed?

Stay strong!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #123  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Morning!

Holy smokes Angela. How could that student be so stupid? Maybe a couple years looking for work will teach him/her to grow up and learn that you need to be honest to succeed in life.

Carol, I don't know what's different. Probably that I'm sick of not being able to do things I want to do. I just decided to take each day as a new start. WW online has made food journaling pretty easy but there are days when I want to scream at it that finding a specific food would be easy if they'd just alphabetize w/i a search. I found a meeting w/o stairs, so no excuse not to w/i. (I haven't missed a w/i since I started in June.) It's still a challenge. I fight food demons every day. If 6 weeks is suppose to change a habit ..... mentally it's not working. I still think of food way too much. The one thing I am succeeding at is putting a bad day behind me. Write it down and consider it over. I also think that gradually lowering my points has helped me learn control. The first two months I had a hard time eating all my allowed points and was amazed I could still lose. It's getting harder now. I'm scared that as I reach certain weight goals I'll just lose it. Last time I got to 249 it all fell apart so I'm trying to prepare myself to keep going. This is turing into a ramble so I'd better stop.

Everyone take have a great day, say no when you have too, and stay OP!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Angela -- Wow. But I've seen that from time to time. Not ready for college... good luck!

Yay Judy!!

I'm getting really busy but doing well...
Old 01-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #125  

For everyone doing well Including me! Have a good op day everyone, and stay warm!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #126  

Height: 5'11"

Congrats to all you success stories! It's encouraging to hear about all of you just doing it

I have been pretty much, migraines excepted, back on the exercise trail -- at last! Now I just need to get my eating under my own power. I'm at the point where even when I'm 500-700 calories over my scheduled intake it doesn't feel like overeating, which is where I get into trouble. I'll eat what I think is a normal dinner, and what I'm estimating will fit fine into my daily plan, and then when I put it in my tracking list, kablammie -- way over. I used to pre-track everything before I ate it, and I'm trying to get back to that method now.

It's cold outside!!! Glad I have my indoor activities -- have been skiving off the boxing game, although I enjoy it -- don't know why I can't see it as fun, and not a task. Although I haven't been playing any video games for a while now, so maybe it's just a phase

Good luck to you all this week!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Angela: People just AMAZE ME! WOW. So sorry you have to deal with that student (I use that term loosely).
J-ann: Great loss! Congratulations! Thanks for the words of encouragement on using my weekly points. I have actually used 30 this week (Between Saturday and my miscalculation). So I have decide to let it go and see what happens at WI on Saturday morning. :-)
I have done well the past 2 days and also have been able to get my exercise in so I can't complain. Work is crazy so if I survive the day it seems like an accomplishment!
Have a great day everyone!
I am doing OK.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #128  

OK, I did the stretching portion of my 1st chair exercise video this afternoon. Holy Smokes by the time the half hour was done my arms were like wet noodles. I think they each weigh 75 lbs! Talk about out of shape.

Feeling better now. Think I'll attempt the strength portion tomorrow.

I'm upset that I've let myself get into the shape I'm in. I definitely need to find ways to get exercising. Hoping that as I get more weight off my knees I'll be able to do some walking. The gym in town has a pool but it's out of commission for an unknown, extended period of time so that shoots water aerobics.

LADIES we all need to start MOVING.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #129  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Glad to hear that lots of people are doing well. WE ROCK!!!!

Yup, not ready for college (on that student) is an understatement!

YAY Judy! It's amazing to me how quickly a little exercise can pay off. Hang in there, and you'll be moving better before you know it.

Are you pretracking tomorrow, Walrus????
Old 01-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #130  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

PS: Judy, why don't you come keep me company on the exercise thread? It's kinda quiet over there these days, which is kind of unusual for January.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:50 AM   #131  

Good middle of the night to all of you. LOL! I am having one of those can't sleep nights. Thought I would drop in and say howdy! Ruth
Old 01-20-2012, 06:52 AM   #132  

ruth- curl up with a blanket today and get a nap.

walrus- pretracking helps me. I will be doing that tomorrow as soon as we figure out where we are eating with the family.

My dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday. He is down over 30lbs since sept. He has a bad UTI and dr is checking his bladder for more cancerous tumors today. My dad is down under 170lbs and at 6'4" that really low. We are meeting our kids and all going to visit tomorrow afternoon. I want my kids to see him soon just incase he continues to decline.

Today was my weigh day and Im down a lb. I was hoping for more but at this point it is still a loss. Those lbs add up, and my goal is to lose at least one a week every week this year.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I'm down 4.5 this week. Have made Friday my official WI day. I'm trying not to weigh every day - not working but I'm only logging my Friday weight.

Last June I was exactly the weight I am today. What have I done with all those months? I'm with Debbie - one lb. a week this year.

Angela - I've actually been exercising - I didn't set my goal so I'll post them all at the end of the month - will try to do better posting as it happens next month.

Stay strong!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #134  

Yay, Carol and Deb, way to go.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #135  

Feeling lots of good vibes : from everyone. It makes me smile.

tw: Stick to it. You are doing great.

Walrus: Preplanning helps me a lot. It's cold here too. Wish I could join you exercising.

Angela: Give me a few days to get in the swing of the exercise thing and remind me to join the exercise thread again. I need to wrap my head around it first.

Ruth: I hate no sleep nights. Hope you have a good book nearby.

Deb: I'm keeping you Dad, and you, in my prayers. A lb. a week is a great goal. Very doable!

Carol: WooHoo! Great loss. You ARE on a roll. Glad you all healed and getting in pool time!!!

Sun's out. Think I'll bundle up and venture out.
Closed Thread