Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #136  

Height: 5'11"

Hey y'all:

Hope you're keeping toasty! Thanks, Judy, Deb, and Angela, for checking in on me I did not do a good job of pretracking today, BUT I made sure to eat things that I knew the calorie count for and count track mentally. I'm 50 calories over budget today, but I knew I was doing it and made the choice, which for me is so much better than keeping my head in the clouds and then being crestfallen when I add the numbers up at night. It was a cup of hot cocoa that out me over, and I was so cold before that I just can't regret it We have teas, too, which I do drink, but I felt like I needed a little more body and a little less bitterness than the tea offered.

I wore my heart rate monitor when doing my new fitness boxing video game last night, and it was awesome!!! An average of 154 cal/min, with a max of 184! That's where my heart rate is when I'm training! I know it's not building muscle, but the cardio is pretty spectacular. I also got some cool 1-pound weights to wear on my hands when doing the game to help keep the burn going, but I don't think I need them yet!

I feel like I'm spending a lot of money on physical fitness right now, but I tell myself that it's an investment, and that 5 years from now, I'm not going to regret it in the least. Some days I even believe it! I do know that right now it's feeling better to invest in my health than to go out to eat

Even after 2 years of training -- and getting up to the 45-pound kettle bell, my arms are a little sore tonight from the game last night! But I am excited about trying the new gloves (weights) on, so I don't tink it's going to be Too hard to get my butt moving Judy, you can exercise with me any day! I'd love to have the company!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone -- Just finished cleaning up from a snow storm. So pretty outside.

I'm glad it's Friday!!
Old 01-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #138  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Snow, sleet, freezing rain here this evening. Brrrrrrr.

My POP streak ended today. You know, 19 days is probably the longest streak I've had since the summer, so, okay, I'll start again tomorrow and try to break that record, at least. (I wasn't terrible, just unplanned eating when I went to a friend's house instead of home for dinner, as I should have done. She made us Hungarian mushroom soup, which I'm sure was fine, calorie wise (it was a clear broth, not cream), but she also had crackers and cheese and nachos and salsa and veggies and fruit and chocolate-covered figs and a bunch of other stuff sitting out, and so I was noshing along with the thin people. What I should've done was come home, eaten my normal dinner, and THEN gone over, and I likely would've been able to resist the crackers and cheese and nachos and chocolate-covered figs.

Great loss, Carol!

Have a great weekend, all.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:39 AM   #139  

YAWN! Another sleepless night! Woke up shortly after going to sleep...like 11:30, no more sleep! My body can't take much more of this, I am tired!

I would have a planned nap but my oldest daughter is coming to spend the day with me, so that is out. If you don't see me on here for a day or two you will know I passed out. LOL! Ruth
Old 01-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #140  

Height: 5'7"

ruth- hugs. I have a couple of night around TOM that I dont sleep. I am miserable, mom keeps telling me it will be much worse the older I get. I am not looking forward to that at all.

angela- good streak of pop days. Now just get right back on it. We missed the sleet and freezing rain last night. I think it all went just north of us.

walrus-way to go on the exercise!

We are going to see my dad today. He had surgery yesterday and drs are hoping antibotics clear up the infection in his bladder. He did have another tumor removed. Still no answer as why he is losing weight so fast.

I have my meal planned and will stick to it!!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Angela - don't be too hard on yourself. Your head is in the right place. Let us know how today goes.

Heather - that's lots of exercise to add to the thread - we're still looking for our first snow.

Debbie - prayer to your dad for quick healing. Enjoy the day.

Walrus - I would have chose the cocoa also. 50 calories isn't what got us here. I also believe exercise equipment is an investment. I sometimes question it when it goes unused though - working on that one.

Ruth - please get some sleep. I don't sleep well - wish I did. I know it's one of the keys to overall wellness. Hugs

Not sure what all the day will hold around here today other than water class this morning and the last rubber chicken dinner tonight.

Stay strong!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:32 AM   #142  

I ended up eating a tiny bit too much yesterday. We went out for dinner and I thought I'd eaten fewer calories than I actually had, and ate a little too much. But ended up about 50 calories over. You know, I'm still calling that on plan. I stayed accountable.

Angela -- Definitely don't beat yourself up! Next time go for 20+ days!! That's a record to try for!!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:18 AM   #143  

Good Sunday morning!

Wow, did we have some weather yesterday. Our tornado warning siren went off about 4 O'clock in the afternoon. My daughter, granddaughter and I went into the hall bathroom. They stood in the shower and I sat on the potty. LOL! It was pretty funny after the cloud passed.

to everyone. I hope you have a wonderful, restful Sunday. Ruth
Old 01-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #144  

Glad you're all safe, Ruth!!

Quiet day today... gotta get to the gym, grade... fun stuff!
Old 01-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Oh Ruth so glad you're safe. It is certainly a year of strange weather.

Didn't finish the day yesterday with good choices. Today is a new day.

Heather - you can do it - I need to find my gym "love" again - it's still a chore for me at this point.

Stay strong!
Old 01-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #146  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

SUGGESTION OF THE DAY

It's not a good idea to used you dog's chew bone (real bone, not a chewy) as a hand weight when exercising. It's the right size and weight but it's hard to do reps smoothly with a maniac Pointer circling around you barking and trying to get her bone back.

Have a super OP Day!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #147  

Height: 5'7"

I stayed the course yesterday eating out. My meal was awful at applebees. I got the sirlon..it was undercooked and I like a pretty rare peice of meat. It was raw... my potatoes were hard as bricks. I ate part of hubbys baked potato. I told hubby it was a waste of my calories. LOL

My dad is not doing well at all. THey will be giving him some blood tomorrow to try and build him up a bit.

Went to church today and then been in pjs this afternoon. Big storms are heading our way and will be here overnight. JOY!! Guess I will be sleeping on the main level and be ready to head to the basement if needed.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #148  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Deb, Bummer about your dinner. I'm keeping your Dad in my prayers and I'm adding you since I don't want you blown away.

Today I did the 3rd of my new chair exercise videos. Glad I didn't do this one first. Very cheaply made. There was no explanation of the exercises or what to do to modify something you couldn't do or precautions about what NOT to do. And you had to see the woman who did the exercises. Picture a tall, thin, overly tanned (for way too many years), mature hooker with long out of control bleach blonde hair, a botoxed face with an enormous, bright red smile that never moved through the whole vid., rouged to her ears, wearing a wonder woman top and skin tight boy shorts. She was sitting on a plastic stool, on a beach. She never spoke. The whole thing was voiced over. I don't think she ever breathed either. Needless to say this dvd is going back.

Other than that I had a quiet day. Tomorrow it's going up to 50 again. Bye bye snow for another day or so.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #149  

Height: 5'11"

Deb, I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

Not doing a great job of planning this weekend -- we ended up going out somewhere different last night than I had expected, so was about 250 cals over yesterday, and ended up getting something extra today, so 175 over for today. Not deadly amounts, but I'm on a serious deadline, so enough to be serious. Tomorrow had really better be another day!!!

It's pretty cold here, for us anyway, but still managed to spend a couple hours walking through the woods with my camera -- good practice, and something we're trying to get back in the habit of doing every weekend. It makes my back tweak something terrible, but my former trainer was able to give me a stretch that relieves some of the tension, so I'm no longer incapacitated when I get to that point.

Looking forward to being on track again this week
Old 01-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #150  

Deb -- Really sorry to hear about your dad.

Judy -- Your description of the dvd made me laugh!
Closed Thread