Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

j-ann: I didn't think I WAS going to make it through the warm up. HAHA! I never said I looked pretty doing it. :-)
Old 01-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #77  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Deb: Hugs and love and prayers for you and your father.

Judy: YAY for maintenance!

Long work-related event coming up this evening, so I'll have to get my exercise in early if I can. It's still nice enough to walk outside, if the rain holds off a little longer, so I'm going to try to get some fresh air at the same time as my exercise. It won't be long before the sidewalks are too messy to walk on... ah, I miss PA and the snow removal laws. I think a lot of my neighbors don't even know how a shovel works...

Have a great day, all.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #78  

Had a good day, I made a pot of chicken tortilla soup and it was yummy! I was careful about the cheese and chips so it was super healthy as well.
I just made a homemade ice cream cake for my youngest who will be 22 tomorrow. Gosh where does time go??? I should be fine with it in the house. Im not a frozen cake eater. lol
Snow is heading our way tomorrow and to be honest I am a little excited! I love watching it snow! Just a few inches is enough to make me happy for the winter. I did hear they are saying we might get ice next week.I DONT like ice!! I had enough of that a few yrs ago to last a lifetime!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Deb - we got a dusting so it is headed to you, Heather, Angela and anyone else east of me. Big thing is the wind - yesterday morning it was 45 - wind came up and this morning it is 4 and a day I'm glad I don't wear skirts to work.

I think soup is in order for the weekend - anybody try anything new lately? I think maybe the HG enchilada soup that has pumpkin in it maybe.

Stay strong (and keep posting)!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #80  
Vortex

Yes, icy sidewalks here today. We got maybe 3 inches, but the first stuff that fell melted and froze. They put salt on the roads, but parking lots and sidewalks are just a sheet of ice, as usual.

However, I'm still thinking about looking at this house for sale that I'm interested in. Anyone have thoughts on buying a house that might not sell well in future? I mean, assuming that I might live in said house till I'm ready to retire and move out of state... It's a GREAT price for a historic house with lots of character but new roof, new electrical service, power saver unit for the heating system, new counters and cabinets, new kitchen appliances. I mean, if this house were anywhere other than where it is, I think it would cost a lot more...

I know, who wants to give me advice on a thing like that? I'm so old to be buying a first house; DH has commitment problems and I think I'm starting to get them too... renting so many years, I start to wonder whether I'm capable of dealing with a house...

POP so far today. I realized I'm a little too dependent on online tools for calorie tracking; came home, found we had an internet service outage, and wasn't at all confident I knew how many calories I could have at dinner. I've logged everything now, though, and all is well

Here comes the weekend! Let's enjoy it and stay POP.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Angela - I saw your post and was ready to throw today out the window. Jumped online and recorded each bite today - it's a tad over but I know where I am now. Thanks for the post - reminded me to stay true.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #82  
New Journey - New Life

S/C/G: 338.8/319/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies! Northern Indiana is under the frozen tundra of ice and snow this morning! BRRRRR wind chill is 2! Which this time last year I would have just complained about the cold, now I am thinking about how many more calories are being burned to keep me warm. Strange how the way of thought changes.

I normally do my weeky weigh in on Sundays but this morning the scale was calling my name. I was pleasantly surprised I have dropped 9 more pounds. Which thrilled me, but now I am wondering if I am losing too fast. I am maintaining calorie limit of around 1800 a day, drinking water like it's going out of stock and have not had one fast food meal since 2011. What are you thoughts?? I know it will slow down, this is 19 pounds gone in 13 days. Not complaining, just know from previous attempts of losing weight that losing fast is not a good thing. Input appreciated please.

Vortex: as far as buying a home......if it's something you want and you are financially secure to do it, I say DO IT! You only live once! I have rented for years myself and am looking to buy within the next year as well. I have lived in the same home (a house not an apartment) for almost 20 years) RENTED!!! I could have been on the home stretch of being debt free had I purchased a home 20 years ago. But....life circumstances haven't allowed me to do so. Long story......

ANyway...I need to go shovel myself out and get to work. Does anyone every yahoo with each other? Would love a yahoo buddy from time to time to get support when needed or give when needed.

Have a great Friday!!

Jen
Old 01-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #83  

angela- I live in an old house. It was built in 1929. I love it!! We do have issues pop up from time to time but its like that with any house. Be sure and have someone check the plumbing over. Sounds like a dream house with all the repairs done. I hate that we only have one bathroom and its upstairs and we have to go to the basement for laundry. I cant imagine how big I would be if I didnt get that exercise daily...climbing all the stairs. We have thought about selling and getting a one level house before old age hits hard.

carol- we just got a light dusting of snow but have the winds and cold.

Jen- when i started a few years ago I lost 30lbs the first month. It will slow and average out.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #84  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Winter finally arrived around 6 AM. High winds, blowing snow, the works. Plows are out. Schools are delayed/closed depending on conditions of hilly roads in the districts. Brrrrrr.

Yesterday was good. Stayed POP. Drank my water. I'd been slipping up a bit there. I was so busy eating good stuff I was forgetting to journal my fluids. Duh!

Jen, First ......Congrats on such a great start to your year. I'd say if you continue to lose more than 3-4 lbs a week you'll need to tweak your plan. You don't want to get sick or have your body send you into a prolonged plateau cause it thinks you're starving. :-)

Angela: Funny, I was just thinking yesterday that I should go back to paper tracking and just transfer my day to the computer once a day. I carry index cards in my purse to record what I eat away from the house anyway.
As far as house shopping I'm not one to ask. I love where I live. If something breaks i just pick up the phone and it's fixed. It's not like I have kids, or a big family, that I need to take care of if something happens to me.

Carol: Hey, No throwing a day out the window!!!!!! Own it then put it behind you. I'll bet you're glad you did just that.

Deb: Soup sounds good. Especially on a cold, snowy day.

Think the dog and I will just veg today. It'll give other folks time to get used to driving in Winter weather before I hit the roads.

Have an OP Friday the 13th!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #85  
Vortex

Thanks all for the house advice. I grew up in a house built in the 20s, and this one was 1910, so it feels very familiar and homey that way. The problem is the fire station is almost directly in the backyard, and the house has been on the market twice in two years; they don't seem to be able to sell. I'm afraid I'll be sinking my savings into a house that I might own till the day I die, whether I want to or not...Well, I'll get in there and take another look in any case... can you tell I'm in love with this house?

YAY Carol!!! Glad I could help.

Jen, Do you know how many calories you were eating a day before you started? If you were averaging around 2800 before, then I'd guess your weight loss will soon slow down on its own. But if you were higher than that, and you were maintaining, then you might keep a brisk pace for a while. I agree with Judy: give it a couple weeks, and if you're still losing more than 4 pounds a week, consider changing things up a bit.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Angela -- All I can say about houses is they cost a lot of money to update - historic houses even more. I'd recommend finding someone in your area who could maybe walk through the house with you and talk about the things that might need work in the next 5-10 years you might not be thinking of (windows, insulation, A/C, furnace, hot water heater...). What about the yard? etc.... Good luck with the decision!!!

I also was really unable to get online and track my cals yesterday, but I wrote it all down and whether I really kept to my calories, I am VERY proud of myself for skipping all the chips and cookies and keeping to my plan!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #87  

Smile

Good morning ladies, I finally got my computer tower back thank goodness. The laptop is good for the times that my computer doesn't want to work, but I hate to use it.

Doing better with op.

Angela, Home inspector! Be sure to have one look at the property. As Heather says old houses....lots of money. Some are white elephants. Our house was built in the 70s, it is all brick, but there is always something that needs to be fixed. I sometimes think that renting would be cheaper, especially when the property tax and ins. come due. LOL!

I hope everyone is keeping warm. Ruth
Old 01-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #88  

Wow, y'all sound like you're getting lots of icky weather. We are dry this week but it is cold for here. I'm in Texas and it was in the 40's yesterday. I am so thankful to live in the south. I lived in Illinois and Maryland before so I feel for you.
I'm doing well still. I have craved chocolate the past two days but have not given in. I also did NOT want to workout last night as I was just mentally exhausted from work but I forced myself to go and I did it.
Happy Friday.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #89  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

TW: Vitalicious.com has great 50 and 100 calorie chocolate muffin tops, brownies and new snack bars. I keep them in the freezer for a chocolate fix. I have to order them but you can find them in Costco, Target and several large chain groceries. They're a lot better than the FiberOnes and are 1 WW pt for the snack bars and 3 pts for the others.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #90  

Thanks j-ann, I'll have to look into that at my local Target. Do they come in big packs or individualy? I try not to have packs of stuff at home because I have trouble limiting myself to just one. :-(
Closed Thread