Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #31  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

POP days in 2012: 4/4. I know this won't last forever, but I want to see how long I can do it....

Got hair done today and am pleased with it for the first time in a while; new stylist, think she's a keeper.

Cathy: Welcome and good to meet you.

Judy: WTG on the 5 lbs!

Ruth: Sending you OP vibes for Thursday.

Hugs and encouragement to everyone I've missed.

Angela
Old 01-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

I seem to be doing a bit better each day! I increased water yesterday and the scales went down a few lbs overnight. Im still a bit short of what I use to drink so will try and increase it again today.
Food was GREAT yesterday!
Hubbys dr called and his levels were bad! So he is on a diet and has to be rechecked in a month. I hate to admit it but Im glad she is coming down hard on him. SHe was not happy at all with his results! Im hoping it will keep me going strong!

welcome to everyone new...this site is awesome and so are the people here!!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Welcome all!

I love this feeling of eating right and yesterday added 45 minutes exercise - been a long time. Even rejoined the gym - need to go now!

Stay strong!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Oh, loving the positive January energy pouring out of this thread!!

When I was out of control and eating junk, I can remember thinking about how much I liked the food... but now I'm remembering that I like the FEELING of healthy eating sooooo much better.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #35  
Vortex

Talking with a co-worker today. She had a family member and a friend die over the holidays--one a 25-year-old who was 300+ and died of a heart attack in his sleep, the other older but still too young, 62, also a sudden death, also ill with weight-related illnesses. Stuff like this scares the heck out of me. I just wish I knew how to bottle that feeling so I could pull it out when my motivation runs low.

YAY Deb, Carol, Heather!

Heather, hope the beginning of the semester is going well for you. We don't start until Monday, but that still seems too soon.

Okay, gotta get my exercise in so I can call today another good one. Here's to Friday and weekends generally!

Angela

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 01-05-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #36  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

WooHoo! POP 5/5 in 2012.

Twisted my lower back last night so I has a slow start this morning. It took a while for the ibuprofin to kick in. This afternoon I was able to do some stretches and now it's getting back to normal. I'll take another round of meds before I go to bed and hopefully, will be better tomorrow.

It's great to see everyone being so successful.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #37  
Vortex

WTG Judy. Hope your back is feeling back to normal tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #38  

Be nice to your back, Judy!

Angela -- It's been one of the easier first weeks I've had in a while. I think because I'm only teaching 2 classes (usually it's 3)...
Old 01-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #39  

I had a great day yesterday but today will be more of a challenge. One of the kids I keep mom came in with fresh warm doughnuts. I keep telling myself to just give them away. I need them gone now!!! I will give one to each kid and then give the rest to my neighbor.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #40  

I've been out of the pool for what seems like forever with the elbow injury - heading back this morning and I can't wait!

I'm with Heather - love this January energy.

Be sure to record your exercise minutes in the exercise thread.

Stay strong!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #41  

Thanks for pimping the exercise thread, Carol! It's gotten lost in the shuffle in the past year (as my exercise tanked!)

It's going to be in the 50s today!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Hope y'all have had a good day. It has been really stressful at work today but I have managed to stay POP so far. Gotta come up with something good for dinner. WI is tomorrow. Have a great weekend!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #43  
Vortex

Busy day trying to get ready for next week; still lots of work to do over the weekend, but then I also drove up to retrieve DH for the weekend, and we had dinner out. Stayed POP, though I thought for a while this might be the day my streak broke. YAY for 3FC and you all--checking in here at the end of the day gave me the motivation to make the right choices and get my exercise in at the end of the day.

Have a great weekend all.

What did you do with the donuts, Deb?

Hope the swim was good, Carol.

Wasn't it beautiful, Heather? I didn't get to walk outside as I'd hoped, but it looks like, down here at least, we'll have several more days of this unseasonably warm weather and no rain, so I'll try to walk outside the next couple days.

WTG staying POP on a stressful day, TW!

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 01-06-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #44  

The swim was wonderful - and I slept like a baby.

Food was a bit of a challenge yesterday but ended the day well within calorie range.

Today I'm doing a marathon road trip to St. Louis and back with lots of off the interstate stops with my elderly parents to visit family. I'll make the best choices I can hoping fast food doesn't become a necessity.

Stay strong!
Old 01-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #45  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin'

Back to the land of mud. The snow's melted. The ground is not frozen. Yucky mud. Even the dog doesn't want to walk in it.

My back is doing better. Still not 100% but it's getting there.

Almost got myself into trouble yesterday munching on cheese pretzels. Tallied the points after I had them and had to re-plan my dinner to keep from using my extra WW points. I don't mind using my extra points for a nice dinner or a planned snack with friends. I hate using them to correct eating unplanned trash.

Carol: Good for you on hitting the pool. I know you love it and missed it. I should get back in the water too.

Angela: Fantastic! Glad you stayed POP! It's not always easy but you know you can stick to it!

tw: Hope you were able to finish your day OP. You've gotta watch out for food demons all day.

Y'all have a great OP weekend.

"Sometimes it seems to be less about what kind of food I'm eating than that I just don't let myself robotically eat whatever I see...?"
Closed Thread