Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

Hi all,
Hope you all had a good weekend. I was supposed to have a jam packed weekend and I was dreading it (despite it being all good things). However, a lot ended up changing as my daughter was sick. She was the kind of sick where you're not sure she is contagious and things are just getting started but she was also able to play at home and mainly be happy. So we stayed home and I got a lot done including some cooking. Of course there is always MORE to do but overall I feel it was a productive weekend.
I did eat several of my weekly points but I stayed on track. I had a 3.8 weight loss at WI on Saturday. So very exciting. It has been 10 months since i had that big of a loss. Anyways, on to a new week. Stay warm!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #107  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

tw ......... YOU ROCK! Congrats on the great loss!

Hope your daughter is feeling better and didn't share her germs.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #108  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hey all, Stressing a bit about the upcoming week... didn't get enough done over the weekend, but all will be well. So just a quick check in. I'm *almost* back to the weight the ticker shows. When I go up a few pounds and I think they're water, I don't adjust the ticker upwards... but evidently the pounds that I saw before Christmas were actual gain, and they've been coming off slowly these first weeks of the year... If I stay POP, I'm hoping to be able to slide that ticker down next week!

Here's to a great new week for all of us.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #109  

Everyone! I had a good day yesterday. The scale finally took a backward step for me. LOL! Not huge, but I will take any loss I can get....even water weight.

I hope you are all doing well. Congrats to the ones that lost. Ruth
Old 01-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Yay to TW and Ruth!! Keep up the good work.

So much for bragging about the warm weather - it's gone. I think I've finally realized how much my exercise habits changed while I was out with the injury. It may take until spring to get them back but I want that fitness level again.

The enchilada soup I made over the weekend will help warm me up for lunch and get some veggies in also - double win!

Stay strong!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

Just checking in...I had a good day yesterdy but miscalculated 3 points worth of food so I ended up using 3 weekly points. Not the end of the world, just frustrating. They say we can use the weekly points and still lose weight so I guess I am testing that out this week. :-) I have 2 more events to get through this week so I hope I can get through them OK. Then next week I ma out of town for work 4 days and that is kinda scarey for me (not traveling just planning out food and staying on track). Gotta push forward...
Old 01-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #112  

Mornin'

Damp and sloppy here. Good thing it's getting cold tonight or we'd be in mud again by tomorrow.

Great day yesterday. Stayed well within my points. Actually had to find something to eat last night to use up some points.

tw: I sometimes use a few of my extra points with no problem. Even used most of them a few times where I was out to dinner 3 times in the week. You will continue to lose if you use those points. I imagine if you use all 49 every week you'll probably just maintain or even gain a little but 2 or 3 points here and there won't hurt and may just stop you from doing something that will totally sabotage your efforts to stay OP.

Ruth: Good for you. Keep that scale headed down!

Carol: Just the thought of enchilada soup makes me gulp .... but then I do not like Mexican at all.

Angela: I'll be watching for good news. You've been doing really well!

"Sometimes it seems to be less about what kind of food I'm eating than that I just don't let myself robotically eat whatever I see..."
Old 01-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #113  
Vortex

Busy day today, feel like I'm ready for bed already, but I've got work to do yet tonight... Haven't called about that house yet; I wish the realtor would reply to my email, I keep not finding time to call during the work day....

YAY Ruth! TW! Judy!

Hang in there, Carol, you're determined: you'll get back where you want to be.

Okay, I've got to set up an exam for tomorrow morning (for a single, troublesome student) and write a couple of classroom observations up, so I'd better get to it!

Angela
Old 01-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Angela -- Exams already??? You just started???!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:46 AM   #115  
Vortex

Oh, long story, Heather. This is an exam for a student who I allowed to take an incomplete though she should have failed last semester for plagiarism. But, there were extenuating factors, and the result was that if I failed her she would have been academically dismissed on the spot, so I told her she could have an incomplete and rewrite the plagiarized paper this semester, which she then took as permission to skip the final during finals week in December! So, given her track record, I didn't feel I could let her take the same exam the other students took, so... new exam. Finally got it ready, and I'm glad she's going to take it early, though I'm not so sure she'll be passing... I'd really like to teach at an R1 for a year or two and see what it feels like not to carry their problems on my own shoulders, just for once....
Old 01-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #116  

Just stopped in to say good morning!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Angela -- urgh. I hate those situations. Maybe she'll make your life a little easier and do poorly.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #118  

Geez it's cold out. Think 30 mph winds and blowing snow might be the reason. Big change from 50 and rainy yesterday.

Had a great w/i at WW this morning. May not have lost anything last week but I did catch up this week and dropped 3.8 lbs.! That first 50 gone is getting really close.

Ordered some chair exercise DVD's that should be here today. I've got to start somewhere and since I can't get up if I'm on the floor I figured I'd bite the bullet and try these.

Hope you all have a great OP day.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Judy you are doing great!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #120  
Vortex

Busy day here. Need to get some to bed, lots to do tomorrow... Have a great THursday, everybody.

Judy--Hope you like your DVDs. I've got a "Yoga for the Rest of Us" that I love, lots of chair modifications. WTG on your loss!

Heather--It gets even better. She gave me her "rewritten" essay and it was still full of plagiarism, including a section that came from a site where I could see she paid $29.95 for the essay. Oh, did we ever have a talk...
Closed Thread