Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ Monthly Thread #1294

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simultaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us
Old 01-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #2  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Well I gained 13 lbs back over the holidays!!! I feel so pitiful.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #3  
New Journey - New Life

S/C/G: 338.8/319/180

Height: 5'6"

I am looking forward to starting this new lifestyle. Change is always difficult, but I think I have done my homework this time. PREPARE PREPARE PREPARE!

Lynnie.....you have said you feel pitiful, now it's time to get motivated. You already know you can do this!

It's not how you fall, but how you get up that counts. We ALL CAN and WILL do this! 2012 is OUR YEAR!

Jen
Old 01-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #4  

Happy New Year to all!

May we all find what we are searching for this year.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 01-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #5  
Tel

S/C/G: 317/304.6/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. I guess this is my intro to the group. I'm not here because of a New Year's resolution to get fit - I've tried that resolution before, and sputtered out by May in my best year. Pile it all back on, with more for good measure ... yeah, nothing you folks haven't heard before.

I've spent the 8 months trying to lose weight and have gotten nowhere. My original start weight was 345, and my lowest this past year was 325. Holiday stress, travel, and a bit of sloth has gotten me back up to 330.

But honestly? It is so hard to stay motivated when I work hard and don't see results. I worked out 2x per week with a trainer for 4 months last year, lost 10 lbs, and $2400 out of that. I tried low calorie... got nowhere. Low carb for six weeks... lost 10 lbs initially, 2 came back, and then I stalled for a month. "Intuitive eating"? More like "freedom to justify whatever I want, then feel guilty about it later when I realize I'm stuffed to an 8 on the hunger scale."

I have NO IDEA what to do with my body and it's just getting tiresome. But I know I need to stick with it - I want to at least get under 299 before my wedding in October.

Anyway, I hope that's the last of my "pity parties". I am going to read tonight and try to figure out what my plan is. For sure, I know I need to get back on the elliptical and back in the gym. But not sure what to do for "diet"... maybe I'm overthinking it.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Ok so I was here before... But just lost the will for awhile.. With the new year comes new 'resolutions' and such.. I hope to stick to it this time.. maybe with my parents right along with me it wont be so hard this time.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotperfect24 View Post
Ok so I was here before... But just lost the will for awhile.. With the new year comes new 'resolutions' and such.. I hope to stick to it this time.. maybe with my parents right along with me it wont be so hard this time.
Even you if you have periods of non-stickiness, stay and let us know you are struggling. It's the continuing shame that makes us sick inside. You'll find lots of support and folks who have multiple T-shirts from going through the same thing. We are here through thick and thin!!

Meanwhile, go get em!!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 01-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 353/See Ticker/155

Height: 6'1"

Hello Ladies! I am returning. I was here for abit last year and life got a little crazy. Now that I have come to terms with all that has happened I am back. I will be kicking my weight-loss into gear again! Hope everyone is well!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #9  
Tel

S/C/G: 317/304.6/145

Height: 5'4"

I've decided to give Intuitive eating another shot. My goal for this month is to journal every time I think about food or every time I eat. (Plus post-meal, to see if I stuffed myself.) So far, so good. Insightful, too. Will be interesting to see if it falls apart on the weekend, like most of my plans do.

Stay strong, everyone!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #10  

Welcome Back Desi!

So far, I'm doing pretty good. I'm staying away from the vending machine and not doing that horrid TOM (Time Of Month for our newcomers) craving for candy. TOM is stepping on the scale and that ticks me off, though.

Hugs to all!

Ratkity
Old 01-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 353/See Ticker/155

Height: 6'1"

Thank you Ratkitten!

Hang in there Ratkitten! TOM will leave soon enough and all will be right with the world again! :-)
Old 01-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Hello lovely folks, I'm back again. Goodness I've had a hard time being consistent around these boards the past 6 months or so. My life's been a real up and down of family drama, and working myself too hard to support my SO and I. I hit a point a few months ago where I realised I needed some professional help to sort through everything going on but there was no help to be had for 6-8 weeks on a waiting list... the joys of our health system. Not unless I was willing to pay, that is. And even though I'd have been willing, I certainly am not able. I can barely keep us afloat right now, so I've just been waiting. I felt like the only ways I could cope were to drink, smoke, and eat until all the feelings were numb and the result? I ended up with a couple of painfully messy drunk nights, a lot of missed time from smoking, and up around 310 pounds. Yikes. So now I've been counting calories again for about four days (committed, not half-assed) and I've shed the first 10 just from not gorging myself, drinking water, and eating reasonable amounts. Now it's time to keep that momentum and get back under 300 for the last time. I also have an appointment with a counselor tomorrow (finally!) and hopefully she'll be able to help me unpack some of the baggage I'm carrying around. So that's where I am now, still at Starbucks (aka how I got so heavy again despite having so little money!), still trying to get into teaching but accepting that for the time being my health (in terms of my weight and mental health) and my SO's health (a whole different story) and our well-being has to be the priority. The career will come into focus when I'm able to be my best self again.

Nice to see so many familiar faces and so many new ones too. Part of my re-commitment is to come on the forums every day and be here for you since I know you'll all be here for me too. 3FC was instrumental in my success last year (when I lost just over 50 pounds) and I know it can be again.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

While I would love to say I am back, it's kind of hard to say that because I seem to be low on time most of the time. I made it a goal to not stop by on January 1st, because for my resolving to commit to coming on a regular basis was something I didn't think I could commit to. I will do what I can do and that will be good enough (for me, and hopefully you).

I wasn't on it 2011 too much. I stopped by to complain some, and nothing more. Sorry about that. I had to admit 2011 was a rough year. It started in January when my grandmother passed away. On the way to the funeral, we hit a long stretch of black and ice we lost control of the car. Several 360s at 70 MPH let my husband and I fine, but I was scared. I think scared stayed with me in 2011. In March I was in the earthquake in Japan. Scared. In July I was in a car accident that let me which some big dings (tendon damage still in my foot, and arm that while not broken, was also not straight, and a totaled car). And I was scared. In October I found out I was pre-diabetic (scared), in November I found out my beloved cat (16 yrs old) had failing kidneys and will not be too long for the world. Heartbroken then. (She is still alive. Still having mostly good days, some bad days though.) The end of December left me with some chest pain and horrible dizziness that dragged me into 2012.

But 2012 is here. I had an EKG, heart is fine. Dizziness, which I am now about 3 to 4 weeks in, may be due to a bad sinus infection and ear infection. I am hopeful. Some days I struggle to walk at all due to feeling faint (from the dizziness). But all will work out.

The good news: good heart, losing weight (from 345 to 308 at this point), good job (although still working 14 hrs per day), great hubby, and my beloved cat is still at my side. So I will work through the dizziness, and once that is completely resolved, work no increasing my walking.

That's it for me.

I am happy to see Rat still posting (alway so wise), Carol (I have missed you), Debi (I saw her on the over 40 board....as a note, I will be 40 soon), and a few other old regulars. I can't really say regulars, since I am indeed not a regular right now.

One missing face I see is Dogpal? Where is she? I hope she is well.

I will be back, I can promise that. It may be tomorrow, it may be next week, it may be next month. But I will be back.

Real
Old 01-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #14  

Hiya Realist!!

It's good to see you too. Bleh, 2011 was a hard year for you too. I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet kitteh. You know I have a soft spot for furkids.

Boss kitty is my current kitteh and he loves the dogs. The poor goldens have no clue what to do with this crazy gray and white cow spotted kitteh that jumps out at them and gnaws their ankles. Boss is 5 yrs old, btw. I think he's going through a 2nd kittenhood.

Pop in when you can! I haven't seen Dogpal around in a while. Hope she's doing ok too. Last I heard, she was swimming a bit and trying not to overdo things because of her heart condition.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 01-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Angie - here's to a better 2012! Great to see you!
Closed Thread