Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #151  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Busy busy busy week coming up. I did a little cooking so I have some ready-to-eat meals, and I got some salad stuff.

Tomorrow I'm going to look at that house I told you about... first time in my whole life I'm even considering buying. Kinda exciting!

LOL Judy!! Between the dog bone and the video woman, you've got me cracking up.

Deb, sorry to hear about your dad. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a great, OP Monday, everyone.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Angela -- Good luck with the house!!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:32 AM   #153  

Height: 5'7"

We had a rough night here, high winds and storms rolled through. I had a hard time falling asleep after they passed. Ready for daylight to come so I can walk around outside and make sure the roof held.

Food was good this weekend!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Debbie - we must have sent it your way - we had hail - in January. Don't remember that in the past.

Looking forward to a POP week with exercise. Yesterday food was POP!

Angela - have fun looking at the house. It's exciting, no matter which way you go.

Stay strong!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #155  
Vortex

Realtor had to cancel on me at last minute; rescheduled for Wednesday.

I was so proud of myself: friends asked me to go to lunch, which meant if I went I'd have to change my plan; I almost didn't go, but then decided I should be able to go and make good choices, which I did, actually ending up with fewer calories and more vegetables than my original plan.

We had those thunder storms here, too... so weird.

Here's to a great Tuesday.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #156  

update on my dad- He was given 2 units of blood yesterday and started on meds to increase his appetite and a b12 and b1 shot. They are talking of sending him back to the rest home today.

angela- way to go on going out to eat and making good choices! I dont know when I let going out to eat change in my mind. I use to spend a long time choosing healthy foods when eating out. Now its like Im eating out so I can treat myself.

Im thinking of telling my youngest who will be baking me a birthday cake for tomorrow to just skip it. I will be 48 and sure dont need a cake!!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #157  

Debbie -- I agree about the cake for me... I'd rather have ... well, I don't know what, but cake is just stressful!!!! Happy early birthday!!

I'm trucking along. Seem to be in a groove for food, but not exercise yet. Still, better than last fall where I was eating everything in sight and gaining a pound a week!!
Old 01-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #158  

Height: 5'11"

Heather, I'm the opposite for you, but also thankful I'm feeling more in charge of something -- last fall was a disaster for me.

I'm filling in for someone at work, again, which just leaves me feeling like a zombie teetering on the brink of control. I'm tired, and brain dead, and cranky, and all I want is to go swim in some cheesy, salty food. BUT. I won't. Not today!

My husband joined WW last night -- I am SO happy for him! He has kind of half-heartedly wanted to do something (needed) about his weight for a while, and he went through the same slump this fall that I did. He's used WW in the past, with amazing results. I think the biggest problem is going to dealing with my jealousy as he drops weight like nobody's business, and I'm stuck struggling for half pounds. More motivation to get going and get it off...right?

Good luck to you all today -- it's been a rough one for me, but I hope not for you!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #159  

Walrus - I've been toying with joining WW also - do you have any interest in going with him?

We became a three dog house today - not sure how this is going to work.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #160  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Today was good.

Tomorrow is WW weigh in. Will I or Won't I lose 1.2 lbs? Only the scale knows.

Walrus: I've been on WW since the end of June and have been able to stick with it. Have you considered going with your DH? You might like the new Points Plus program.

Carol: I've found going from 2 to 3 dogs isn't bad. Above 3 and it becomes work. Tell us about the newbie.

Deb: Glad your Dad is getting out of the hospital. Here's a cake that you can't overeat!

Angela: Good job on the out to lunch selections!

TAKE SOME TIME TOMORROW FOR YOU!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #161  

Yes, Carol... tell us about your new ... girl is it??
Old 01-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #162  
Vortex

Busy day today, things went well. Tomorrow a.m. I'll go see the house. Need to get to bed early so I can get started early...

Have a great Wednesday everyone.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:26 AM   #163  

Hello ladies, You are all so busy and full of life. I feel like a lazy slacker. This week I have been just sitting around with no motivation to do anything. I keep thinking "is this how the rest of my life will be?" I sure hope not!

Deb, Happy birthday!. Hope your Dad is doing well.

Big hugs to all.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #164  

Thanks for the bday wishes and the wonderful cake judy! I had to beat it into my daughters head that I really dont want a cake. She kept saying its your bday...and i said yes but Im choosing to eat right and skip the cake which will tempt me till its gone.

Yesterday I fixed fish for lunch and califlower. How is it that I can forget how much I love veggies? Cant wait to have aspurgus today for lunch along with more fish.

Hubby had planned on grilling us a steak for lunch but its going to be raining so I think I will put a roast in the crockpot with some pepperonci and let it cook all day and have wraps for dinner.

Scales are stuck but mother nature sent her present ....Tom! joy!

Last edited by dgramie; 01-25-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #165  

Happy Birthday Debbie! Have a wonderful day.

The new girl is also a labradoodle - we've kept her before and she is in dire need of some TLC - she flourishes with a little attention - makes me sad to think of the animals that are neglected. We had planned to keep her until we find the right forever home for her but I think we are both feeling like we don't want her to be passed around again. We'll see how it goes.

I think I forgot to mention DH got his biopsy results - all the bad stuff is gone!!! Life is good.
Closed Thread