Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #91  

Hello my Peeps!

Lynnie, hang in there. I hear you on not having a place of your own or time to yourself. I can not do roomies. Put some headphones on and try to relax. Congrats on your loss!!!!

Annie, thank you for the small bit of motivation this past Sunday! I got the bike out of the basement, pumped up the tires and rode 5 miles until my toes got too cold.

Mpb, good to see you posting!!

Ags, how are you doing today? Did you have a good weekend?

I slept most of Saturday off and on. I was just so tired from the past week - mostly emotional exhaustion. Sunday, I had a little more energy and even went out on my bike for a little bit. I got chores done and to bed at a decent hour. The t-storm that knocked out my alarm this morning didn't help me get to work on time, but I was only 30 min late. Not much else new.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 03-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #92  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Lynn,
I know it is easy for me to say don't worry that things will work out, especailly when I am not in your shoes right now. But Lord knows, I have had all of my brother in laws, one at a time to live with us, and know how important your own personal space is. I was glad when they moved. Maybe trying to focus on something else would help or at least keep your mind occupied. I will say prayers for you. Hoping you feel better and your spirits are raised.

Rat,
you were posting was I was typing. I did have a great weekend and made some of the best gumbo I have ever had. I have had one fantastic week and I plan for it to spill right over into this week. I was glad to hear better feelings in your last post. I bet riding that bike helped to clear your head out, and 5 miles, you burned alot of calories to boot. You had had such an exhausting week the week before, I just know that ride did you good. Hey, even though you were late this morning you made it, I stayed home so my daughter could start her new job today and she could not find a babysitter, so I elelcted myself. Anything to get her going into a positive direction until she leaves for the service..Know what I mean.

Everyone have a fantastic day please, I am giving it my best shot!!!

Love you all,
Ags

Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 03-21-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Monday Everyone,

Ags: I'm glad that you have a fantastic weekend. You deserve it

Lynnie: Woo hoo on your -4 pounds! Awesome! I have been in your place where we were living with my sister in law and her husband and thier son and Yikes it was tough. Just recently I had a sister in law live with us and again. Yikes! I feel for you and just hang in there and remember it will be better soon. Hugs.

Rat: Glad I could provide some motivation for you I wish I could start feeling better so I can get my bootie back to walking at least or even on my exercise bike. Right now any exersion at all gives me chest pains worthy of nitro so I need to stay still for a bit more. I would freak out if I was 30 minutes late. lol. I don't do late well at all. I am such an A personality I think I would rather miss the whole day than be late. lol. OCD much?

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day,

Blessings and hugs,
Annie
Old 03-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #94  

Hiya again Peeps!

Ags.. Gumbo?! Yummmmmmmmm. I'll even eat the okra in it and I'm a self-sworn veggie hater.

Annie, I was thinking you could make a game out of marking how many steps does it take before a nitro is needed, but then, maybe it's not a good idea after all. I can see you telling your DH you were doing that. I think he'd prolly make a trip to the east coast to bop me on the head for suggesting it. Just keep sending the motivation this way. hehe.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 03-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

Not been around, been traveling. I was in Japan when the earthquake hit. I was a mere two hours from leaving (at the airport). The earthquake was so frightening (we felt it a LOT...and it went on for about 2 minutes). We were then stuck at the airport for 30 hours. Super scary.

Anyway, weight loss has been hard. Everything has beeen hard. Still struggling to be normal to be honest. I am working and all. But I sleep about 2 hours most nights, with the rare night of good sleep. Some folks have thought perhaps I have suffered a bit of post traumatic stress syndrome, but at this point I am denying it. Really struggling though. So tired.

I wanted to say hi and I hope that I make it more a little more often.

That's it for now.
Real
Old 03-21-2011, 11:07 PM   #96  

Major hugs, Real! I'm glad you checked in. I think other people may be right about the PTSD. It must have been terrifying. Being so close to being one of the sad casualities over there is just unbelievable. I'm glad you are home safe. Perhaps contacting a professsional would be a good thing to do. Surviving what you went through and have seen others go through needs to be talked through.

More hugs to you and hope you get a good night's sleep soon.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 03-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #97  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

I know that staying positive about life is supposed to be an easy thing but how can it be easy when you live with someone who is constantly negative about everything and anything in their life. It just rubs off on you and you feel so yucky. My husband is positive and I am positive and you would think that would rub off but it doesn't. I am so tired of BIL its making me crazy. I know no one can make you feel a certain way without you wanting it but come on.....
Old 03-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #98  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Ratkity – I had major fibroid issues and ended up getting a UAE. If you have any questions about it let me know.

Real - I can't imagine how scary that must have been! Sounds like you need some healing time.

I am doing pretty well at getting back in the swing of things eating wise. Keeping the carbs low make it so that I don’t really crave sweets. The difference is really astounding. I also feel so much less bloated. Although thank goodness for sugar free pudding when I do want something chocolate. I am also eating a crazy amount of plain yogurt (sweetened with splenda).

My problem right now is getting to the gym. I am ok on Monday and Thursday when I meet with my trainer, but the other days are problematic. I normally have plans both Tuesday and Wednesday nights, but if I got out of work early enough then I could get to the gym inbetween. The problem is that I end up working late enough that I run out of time. If I just got to work a bit earlier than I wouldn’t have this problem, so that is what I am working on now. The weekends are a matter of me getting up and out of the house. Alternately I could do something at home, but I have been having a rough time motivating myself to do that.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #99  

Good news my Peeps!

The girls (bewbies) are fine. Phew. One less thing to worry about. Won't be able to check out the endometrial lining until after TOM. I'm hanging in there, but still very tired. The phone calls from NC and updates on my sweet auntie alone exhaust me.

Lynnie, a negative person seems to suck the life out of you. They are energy stealers for real! I've heard them called psychic vampires. I hope you can find a way to avoid the dreaded BIL so you can maintain your sanity.

Nancy, you are doing 2 more times a week at the gym than I am! hehe. I seriously think that is good. I know you have a goal to do more. Keep at your goals, but don't compromise rest or other entertaining things. I think it's all about balance.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity

Last edited by Ratkitten; 03-22-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: ugh spelling
Old 03-22-2011, 11:56 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Evening Ladies,

Rat: So glad that your Bewbies are good. I got a bad mamograhm the other day and had to go back today and my Dr. called and left a message on my home phone that my Bewbies are "perfect" lol. Yea for our bewbies!

Angie: Hugs, hugs and hugs. I'm so sad to hear that someone I know was so close to the awfulness in Japan. I'm so thankful that you are okay and I hope that you do get a bit of counseling cause if that isn't PTSD I don't know what you would call it. (Thank you Lord God for watching over my friend Angie) Hugs.

Nancy: I am so happy to see you. It has been too long and I think about you often. Glad to see that you are doing so well. Hugs.

Well, chest pains continue but..... I almost made it a full day today without taking any nitro until tonight so. I consider that better then yesterday when my total for the day was 3 (spaced apart of coarse). Now it is bedtime for me and my little Molly Boo so I will say hasta until tomorrow or so.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 03-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Angie - I am so glad you are safe - I thought of you when it happened and wondered if you were there. I'm with you on the PTSD. Thanks for letting us know you are safe and sound my friend.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #102  

Sorry Lurking Roosters, but this hasta be yelled for Annie and I....

YAY FOR HEALTHLY BEWBIES!!!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 03-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #103  
Divine

Hey gang! I think I am going to stay in my bedroom today. Its raining and dreary and I feel as though I need the time by myself. Don't have much of an appetite this morning so I ate a fruit cup and had a cup of coffee. My husband comes in here sometimes to spend time with me and we play mortal kombat. I kick his butt almost everytime. Watched to fat for fifteen last night and these kids did a race or triahalon (sp?) I give them credit I am not able to do that right now. Maybe sometime in the future. Hope yall have a good day!!!

Lynn
Old 03-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Lynnie I watch that too fat for 15 too, I feel so sad for the kids and anger at parents who do nothing but make excuses for the fact they fed their kids junk. I'm sorry about your housing situation, is there nothing you can do about moving? I hope things turn out ok, being unhappy at home is NOT conducive to weight loss. xxxx
Realist YIKES!!! I think you need to try & relax, have therapy if it's available, it might help. I don't know what else to say except take it easy and know you're loved.xxxx
Ags how about the Gumbo recipe? PLEASE!!! I've heard of it but being in England I've never had it. xxxxx
Annie my Dad is the same, even after x4 bypass AND a stent, but he doesn't even TRY to go out & walk or do anything except watch tv. He still has to have several nitros every day, I wish I had a magic wand to make you both better, or even that we lived closer so I could cheer you up & give you a hug.xxxx
Ratkitty glad your 'ol boobies are good! lol!!! I haven't had to have a mammo yet, I heard they are painful. Guess what??? I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of learning to ride a bike, at the age of..umm...46, lol!!!! Steve is looking at bikes that will hold my weight & if I can't do it he'll ride it (we both have 32" inside legs) Wish they did adult stabilisers, lol!!!! SO pleased you are getting out on your bike, (the weather here is glorious) I hope it lifts your spirits.xxxxx
Nancy, it must be hard with a full time job, I struggle & I'm at home all day! Didn't you use to do some sort of dancing if I remember correctly? There are lots of sitting exercises you can do, ankle rolls, buttock clenches, squats (when there's no one around, lol!) pulling in your tummy etc. Yet here I am at the pc munching on a cheese pastry...DOH! xxxxx
Well we are off to stay with my parents tonight til Monday am, had my hair coloured & straightened, packed, just vegging out now. I am seriously thinking of going back to Slimming World as my weight is not shifting ( I was OP til yesterday...doh!) and I need a change, my hair is thinning, I have no energy and I need a new challenge.
'See' you all Monday.
xxxxx sharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 03-23-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #105  
Divine

All I want to do today is crawl back into bed and sleep. Husband told me I shouldn't do squats today to give my muscles a chance to adjust. He says to much strain on my muscle is damaging.

Lynn
Closed Thread