Old 03-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #284

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #2  

Debbie -- Good luck with the grandbaby!

I'm really struggling with food right now. Too many meals out indeed. Yesterday I ate three large cookies.... and while I didn't have an all-out binge, it wasn't a great evening. I'm trying to reorganize my day to help me succeed, but it's hard when I don't have a full plan.

March! It's starting to feel like spring!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #3  

dgramie- How exciting, a new grandbaby. Give mama my best and as for you, relax you'll do fine.

Heather- It must be hard sticking to a plan when there's no kitchen to work out of. Hang in there darling.

Ruth- Don't cha just love a friendly scale. Nice scale, nice scale!

Angela- Enjoy your stay at the ritzy hotel and we'll play catch up when you get back.

Barb- Hi!!!

Well I had a great POP day yesterday. Still enjoying my carb counting that I started on friday. Scale is being my friend each morning.
We are getting some much needed rain this morning, so I guess I'll spend the day cleaning and a little play time with the Wii.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Learn
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #4  

Thank you for moving my post over Heather!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:37 AM   #5  

heh, thanks! It actually took a little doing to move both of our posts and get a new intro in there. I had to futz a bit... would have been better had I remembered it was March a little earlier!

BTW, congrats on the successes with the eating and the scale!!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:57 AM   #6  

everyone, I didn't really expect the scale to have moved down again this morning, but there is always hope! Nah it didn't. There is always tomorrow.

Learn, yes I love a nice scale. How is it going with low carbing?

Deb, Great about the grandbaby. All of my grands are grown and having families of their own now. I miss the little tykes. They grow up fast!

Heather, when do you expect to have your kitchen back? I know you are anxious.

Hi Barb, How are you?

I bet Carol is having a great time, or at least I hope so.

Hi Angela, I hope your trip is going well.

BA are you out there?

Heather are you ever in touch with Terri or Lilion, oh and Val? I miss hearing about them.

Ta for now, have a great op day all. Ruth
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:57 AM   #7  

Boy, Oh boy! It is quiet here!

Well I had a POP day eating yesterday and I'm gonna do the same today.
I was a bit too idle thought so today I'm gonna try to make up for it. Gonna stop at the park and walk for as long as my back, hips and knees will allow me to.

Heather- I hope tuesday was better for you. How that kitchen remodel going?

I hope everyone has a great day.

Learn
Old 03-02-2011, 05:01 AM   #8  

Hi Ruth,
You and I were posting at the same time. Ohh, syncronized posting!

I am enjoying the low carb way of eating and the scale is moving in the right direction for a change.
Have a great day!

Learn
Old 03-02-2011, 07:00 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Im so excited to see the scales inched downward again today. Its shows what Im doing is working and right for my body.
My grandson (13months old) had an MRI yesterday on his full body. He had breathing issues when waking him up and was kept in the hospital overnight.
Guess my day will be full of packing and cleaning.
Hope everyone has a great day!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:01 AM   #10  

Ruth -- I pm'ed all of them a while ago. I think I heard back from lilion. She's fine but really busy! Haven't heard from the others...

As for the kitchen, we're in a holding pattern. Waiting for the counters, and some replacements for the refrigerator surround. I think about 3 weeks until everything is back in order. Maybe a little longer until it's completely done. I hope that now that it's lighter later and a little warmer that we can do some grilling. That would be nice.

Yesterday's eating was much better. AND I had a nice, long workout. So, a bit of a reset. I think I'm on my own for dinner tonight, so I will probably keep it simple. Which is good. One day at a time, right?

Yay for scales going down!!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #11  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Sorry I've been missing. Life got in the way. Car was giving me fits. Got it to the garage. It sat for a few hours and started right up. They kept it 3 days and it kept starting. Ran scans and tests and "think" it might have been a clog in the fuel line. Needless to say I'm sticking close to home and my mechanic for a few days until I'm secure that I'm not going to be stuck somewhere in the cold.

On the other hand food has been good! I've been sticking to 3 meals and a small snack. No fast food, no cookies, no chips and feeling great about it.

I'll catch up on personals as the day goes on.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #12  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi ladies, just a quick post. First of all, flying first class totally rocks. Wow.

I just ate a not-great room service meal (I mean, it tasted great, but it was surely more calories than I should have had). I was careful to eat all the broccoli off my pasta and leave a lot of the pasta... anyway, I'll have to make better choices for the rest of the trip, which is really why I'm posting.

Well, the paper I'm supposed to read on Friday morning still isn't written, so I'll be spending the rest of this evening writing in the hotel room, and then the conference will get busy tomorrow, so, if I don't see you before I'm back in Illinois, have a great remainder of the week, all! I'll be asking who's been a POP tart when I come back

Angela
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #13  

Good morning!
So far so good this morning. Have been POP on my eating for the last 6 days. Counting carbs all week. So far since starting carb counting 6 days ago I've dropped 7.3lbs. Not back to where I was yet, but getting closer everyday.

Angela- Hang in there, the conference will be over soon and you'll get home to your regular lifestyle again.

j-ann- OMG! I hate that when I tell the mechanic or my husband that there's something wrong with my Jeep, but it doesn't act up for them.
Awesome job with your eating!

Heather- Glad to hear your eating is better and the scales are moving in the right direction.

dgramie- How is your grandson doing? Did they find out what caused the breathing problem? I'm sure your ready to see that new grandbaby, huh?

Well that it for now, I hope everyone has a great day.

Learn
Old 03-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #14  

Morning! I'm finally getting a day to work at home on my research paper. It's one of the main projects of my sabbatical (which ends in a few weeks) and I'm getting desperate to get the time to finish it. Such slow going. So, Angela, I sympathize with you! Aren't deadlines a good thing?!!

Judy -- When I was growing up, we had a car that did that with the mechanic. Very frustrating. It would randomly just die when you were driving it!!! Very scary! But the mechanic couldn't replicate for the longest time. Turned out to be a wire on the distributor cap.

Learn -- Listening to people talking about low carbing makes me really wonder if it's something I should try...
Old 03-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #15  

Hello, I am late this morning LOL! I had a terrible night, couldn't sleep. I hate that. The older I get the more that happens. My mom used to say there was no sleep in her. I think I understand what she was talking about.

Heather if you get serious about low carbbing you should do just that, low carb, not do without all carbs. I eat plenty of non starch veggies. My biggest challenge is to do without bread, I love my bread. I could never do just meat, eggs and cheese. That would make me sick.

Learn, way to go girl! I don't lose that fast anymore, but at least I can lose this way. S l o w l y! You are doing great.

Hi Deb, Angela and j-ann.

Ruth
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote