Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #76  

Hello my Peeps,

Things have been chaotic here after my Auntie had her stroke. She has been mostly incoherent and has always had a DNR (do not resusitate or do extroidinary measures) declaration. So, after poor Dad decided to put in an in-dwelling feeding tube, he changed his mind the next day. Dad took her off all tubes, etc and consulted with hospice. Today, she decided she was going to wake up, talk coherently and even EAT!! She's been unable to eat and swallow since she went into the hospital. Needless to say, hospice has been cancelled and now full nursing care is needed since her left side is still paralyzed from the stroke.

Add to this that the radiologist found a spot on my right breast and I had to get additional views done today. Then a disagreement between my Mother and I, and I have been a wreck.

Mom can't stand it if someone is upset with her, so that's been settled. Nursing care is being arranged. I took a decent nap since I haven't slept in a couple nights and took the day off.

Eating hasn't been off, surprisingly. I missed a day of vitamins by being sick to my stomach all day yesterday.

Back to normal (whatever that is).

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 03-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #77  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Rat, so sorry you are putting up with all that! Sounds very very stressful. Don't forget to be kind to yourself.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #78  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkitten View Post
Hello my Peeps,

Things have been chaotic here after my Auntie had her stroke. She has been mostly incoherent and has always had a DNR (do not resusitate or do extroidinary measures) declaration. So, after poor Dad decided to put in an in-dwelling feeding tube, he changed his mind the next day. Dad took her off all tubes, etc and consulted with hospice. Today, she decided she was going to wake up, talk coherently and even EAT!! She's been unable to eat and swallow since she went into the hospital. Needless to say, hospice has been cancelled and now full nursing care is needed since her left side is still paralyzed from the stroke.

Add to this that the radiologist found a spot on my right breast and I had to get additional views done today. Then a disagreement between my Mother and I, and I have been a wreck.

Mom can't stand it if someone is upset with her, so that's been settled. Nursing care is being arranged. I took a decent nap since I haven't slept in a couple nights and took the day off.

Eating hasn't been off, surprisingly. I missed a day of vitamins by being sick to my stomach all day yesterday.

Back to normal (whatever that is).

Hugs,
Ratkity

I am sorry you are stressed if you need or want to talk please let me know. Be kind to yourself.

Lynn
Old 03-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #79  

Hello my Peeps,

Thank you for your support. I'm doing significantly better.

I have appointments for follow-up with the doc on the mammogram. Also have to have a transvaginal pevic sonogram (ugh) to look for fibroids cuz TOM is so bad. I asked the GYN to wave a magic wand, but wasn't expecting this! LOL. Also have to have an endometrial biopsy. All these will be before the 6th of April. Just taking care of me, right? I've not been doing some routine followups and it's time I do these things. Next is to get the eyeballs done - I hate my glasses! LOL. Then teeth cleaning. I hate dentists.

I hope everyone is getting a little of the extra sunshine outside we got with DST.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 03-19-2011, 08:50 AM   #80  
Divine

RatKitty: Taking care of yourself is very important. In the last 6 months I have been to so many doctors I can't keep track of them. But I rather do it then not know whats going on with me. Yeah I hate doctors and tests too but just think they will only take alittle bit of your time and then you will find out what needs to be done or not be done. Take care sweet kitty; its not all that bad. Smile its makes people wonder what you are up too!

Lynn
Old 03-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have been so MIA. I have been on Facebook off and on but I am so darn tired that it is hard to do anything for any specific amount of time.

I wanted to address a couple of you not that I don't love you all but just wanted to attempt to catch up a bit.

Rat: Hugs on everything you are going through sweetie. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Just try to take one thing at a time and not everything at once. I know it feels like everything is falling in around you but just take that deep breath and know that you can handle what comes your way if you take it one step at a time.

Ags: I am so happy to see you back and hear that your job is a-okay! What an answer to prayers. Hugs.

Cyn: Praying for you and your son's tummy issues.

Sharon: Hi sweet lady. Hugs to you.

Peggy: My goodness you look more and more beautiful with every photo y ou post! You radiate love and beauty from the inside out!

Lynn: I don't know you well but I hope you can hear me when I say.... If you feel like crying or screaming you do it. I held it in for so many years and used food to console me and it got me up to 510 pounds by swallowing my tears. Cry, Scream, Kick and make a fuss but don't use food as your go to guy! Said with love and hope for you.

Well, I am doing okay, not really. But I'm faking it lol. I have been continuing to have chest pains that rock my world to the core but the good thing is that the nitro is now helping. When I was rushed to the hospital a couple Tuesdays ago nitro wasn't doing squat including lowering my blood pressure at all for about 8-9 hours so now it is working at least. I am mostly sad but... as I told Lynn above, I am not holding back. I am crying and letting myself grieve.

Rat, you asked me if I can get a doctor's approved workout. He pretty much told me for the rest of my life I can only do 20 minutes of slow walking or slow bike riding or slow swimming at a time and only if I don't experience chest pains with that movement. He did say if I do well with the 20 minutes I can try for another 20 later in the day but not back to back and again listen to my body for any signs of over doing it. So that is where my sadness comes in. I am one of the wierd ones who loves, loves to exercise. I love to feel the burn honestly truly. I grew up in excellent physical shape (except my heart defect which I now know was kicking my butt wayyyyy back then but it was diagnosed as panic attacks) anyway. I love movement and being able to move now. So, I will grieve for my loss and then rejoice that I can still do some movement. It is just taking a bit for me to get used to the fact that 2 weeks ago I was doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and loving it and now I can't even walk less than a football field away from my house without chest pains.

I'm sure as soon as I rest and allow my heart and body to get more strength in it I will be able to do the walking that my cardiologist said I can do so it is a matter of patience. I will try to be more present here to help cheer you all on and get cheered on myself as I reach those weight loss and health goals. I am not giving up. I picked out a super cute, African style skirt to purchase from a catalog for my next goal that I meet. That will come when I hit 239. Then I will buy it!

A super NSV is that I can now zip up and get them over my hips again, my size 14's. I wouldn't dream of trying to go outside in them and breath. lol. but they are at least getting closer.

Hugs and many blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 03-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #82  

Hello my Peeps!

Annie, I love your new avatar!! Looks like you are tickled at something and having a great time. I hear you on the doctor's orders. I wish I had the absolute love you have for exercise. Is there somehow you can bottle that and send it to me? I'll send quiet activities back your way. I'm so glad you checked in as I have been sending healing thoughts your way and worrying about you. Did the doctor include yoga or pilates stretches in that 20 minutes? You know, stuff that doesn't get your heart rate up. Relaxing stuff, but allowing you to stretch like a kitty and stay limber? If you can do that stuff, it might raise your spirits a bit because you are doing something good.

I am doing better. I've been extremely tired and after letting the dogs out, dozed until noon. I decided to get my butt going and did some retail therapy at REI. I needed new hiking boots and they had some on sale that I was interested in. Not only did they have my size, they fit perfectly. They had a rescue organization there with raptors and reptiles on display (ones they are unable to release). Beautiful birds. Well, since Buford the neurotic parrot got a new cage, his old cage is sitting in my dining room. I asked if they'd like a donation and got a number to call for them to come get it. I'd rather donate it to them. A very positive outting for today!!

Lynn, thanks for the encouragement. I got admonished by my sisters for not having a pap smear in *mumbles an insane time period*. I have appointments for all the stuff needed to care for me. My rescue kitty has been snuggling close to me all weekend, so that is helping tremendously. Something about furkids is very calming (except when Buford starts his afternoon screaming fit). They all make me laugh.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 03-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Rat: ya, I was cracking up for sure. My niece Lindsey and her fiance came last month and we had a blast playing board games. Didn't know they were taking pics so I was full force laughing with my niece. I adore her and vice versa. I wanted it on here to remind me of how blessed I am to have family that loves me and friends too. I can do Yoga and intend to go back and do it again. Right now and probably for a little while, my body is just too tired to do much of anything.

So glad that you are going to get the pap test. I was like you and it had been over 15 years since I had had mine. Now this is year 2 and so far so good I have a fibroid also but nothing serious yet. I pray that you have just as good results as I did or better.

hugs and blessings,
Annie
Old 03-19-2011, 10:12 PM   #84  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey ladies,

I am here and I am tired!!! I had a super fantastic day yesterday and today. I will be back tomorrow to talk to everyone one and bring you all up to speed.

Rat,
Annie is right about everything she said, and I am chimming in. Glad to hear you are feeling better today and I am continously praying for you.

Annie,
OH Goodness, how I love the new picture of you. What a smile!!! We shall talk.

Lynn,
hey there sweetie, are you feeling better? How is that new scale working for ya.

Love you all and good night,
Ags
Old 03-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #85  
Divine

I enjoyed getting my scale. so much that I have a 4lbs weight loss.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #86  
Divine

Why is it that when you buy things for you to eat that everybody else in the house wants to eat them when any other time they wouldn't buy or eat them?
Old 03-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 375/338/200

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie923 View Post
I enjoyed getting my scale. so much that I have a 4lbs weight loss.
Woo-Hoo!!!!!!! You go lady!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:24 AM   #88  
Divine

I did 10 squats today and it hurts.....
Old 03-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #89  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Lynn,
I am so proud of you. You did it and still doing suqats. You rock girl, you are my inspiration.

And you are exactly right, no one wants it till you buy it and they will even talk about it while they are eating, but continue to eat. Go figure that one!!!
My kids are now drinking my diet cokes, eat my ruffles light chips with a vengence, healthy choice ice cream and on and on and on. LOL They are even eating my low sodium bacon now.

What's a girl to do.

Well be back later, gotta go prep for dinner.

Hello Annie and Rat and all you other sweetie pies.

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 03-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #90  
Divine

Today is not such a good day my brother in law is driving me crazy. We need to move so bad. This is why I eat so much because I am constantly on edge because we are not in our own home. All I really want is a place of my own.

Lynn
Closed Thread