Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning,
I have popped in and out of here every once in a while but have not been a regular poster. I was mostly posting on the daily accountability forum...but it got so busy that I can't keep up. I noticed that when I stopped posting...well...I kind of stopped doing anything as far as weight loss goes. :sigh: I have maintained but not much more than that

To introduce myself:
I am Roxanne, I am a mother of 4 ages 18, 14 and 9 (twins). I am 39 next month and am a full time nursing student. I live happily with my boyfriend of several years, the kids, 2 dogs and 2 cats. In my free time, I have been training my beagles, one for hospice, one for possibly search and rescue as well as to show her in rally. It's been fun

My weight loss journey:
I started out last September. I was at 305 and I couldn't believe how big I had gotten. I started out by changing the amount I ate and lowering my calories. That was a good change. I then started adding exercise. I started out small because I am not really fond of walking but then I found the pool at the Y and before long was up to 3 hours a day working out in the pool alternating with days where I would walk for an hour and do 2 hours in the pool. Things went great until November when I started to go hiking. I didn't even make it to a trail. We stopped at a grocery store to get a bottle of water and as I was going inside I heard a snap followed by excruciating pain.

Long story short: I had torn my calf muscle. I was two months in recovery. I tried sticking just to the pool for workouts and started getting constant ear infections from the water. My doctor grounded me from the pool for three months.

So here I am in March. I got kind of depressed and lost motivation. Haven't been eating as well as I should. Haven't counted calories and done only mild exercise. I don't like walking that much. I have arthritis in my knees and hips and its painful. Although now that the weather is finally starting to get warmer I am trying to make it a goal to walk half an hour, like it or not. My beagles need exercise.

So here is what I am doing about it:
I am in the process of making up a menu for me. I eat unhealthy when I don't plan ahead. If I have to grab whatever because I am starving I lose all willpower. So I am going to plan. (I already do this for the family dinners and it is a great time saver for me so am doing one just for me).

I am going to set myself a goal of walking two times a week. I know it should be more but at least I get this much. (Also I have clinicals on the weekends so those two days are constant motion for me for 7 hours so that at least counts)

I also want to do some accountability. I think that I can keep up with the board here so that should help.

Roxanne
Old 03-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #17  

Welcome Roxanne!!

I'm so glad you are here. I am the same way when it comes to writing things down. It's so bad that my one brain cell "forgets" what I've eaten by the end of the day when I was logging in my calories. I got an app for the my smart phone to add stuff in after I eat it. Makes me hesitate when I want to pop something in my mouth. Not denying myself foods, it just gives me pause to see if I really want/need it. It's working.

Now I must be patient. It takes at least 2 weeks for a new change to take effect in my body. Patience has never been my forte!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 03-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Evening all,

Posting late today, tonight. Pretty sore from all the weight lifting but loving every single minute of it. Can't wait until Tuesday to go back and lift more!

Ags: Woo hoo to -1.6! That is fantastic. Any loss is a great loss!

Roxanne: Welcome or welcome back. Glad that you are here. So sorry about your calf muscle. It is so hard when you are not able to exercise due to physical pain or issues. I spent the past almost 2 years in that predicament and put on 40 pounds. Thank God I have taken off close to 20 so far but it is a struggle that I'm willing to fight for as I'm sure you are too. Hugs and just keep plugging away. As soon as you are able maybe you can go to the pool again and do some exercise in there.

Well, I stayed the same again on weight loss so, not changing my tracker Hopefully next week will show all my hard work

hugs and blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #19  

Happy Saturday all,

I am up and did the first day again..... of the Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred. Whew it was tough but I did it. My body is tired but I want to put in another 40 minutes of exercise to get the full 60 that I plan for the day. I am going to ride the stationary bike and do a couple of dances on my Wii Just Dance 2.

I hope you are all having a wonderful Saturday thus far.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #20  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Default I messed up

Well hello all.

I have learned from something (eating pizza) that I shouldn't not have it because I can't control my portion size with it. So from now on pizza will not be ordered in the house. This is the way I have to do it because I see no other way. I am trying not to beat myself up about it but I am.

But as I said tonight tomorrow is a new day for better decisions.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #21  

Hiya Peeps!

Wow Annie, you've been goosed somehow.. hehe. I went walking today at the mall and had a good time. I think everyone and their brother was there too. My hip and back are acting up now. Okok.. I'm gonna go to the ortho doc and see what is up with the hip. As soon as my tax return arrives, I'll make an appt.

Welcome Lynn! I can't control pizza either. Fortunately (or not) I can't eat the wheat because it upsets my intestines sooooo bad. I haven't had any for a year. I made some with Amy's single serve gluten-free pizza crusts and it was ok, but meh. Nothing to write home about.

I've been doing very well with my protein levels. Writing stuff down is helping tremendously with the carb monster. I'm not doing very low carb, just keeping them under control.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 03-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #22  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkitten View Post
Hiya Peeps!

Wow Annie, you've been goosed somehow.. hehe. I went walking today at the mall and had a good time. I think everyone and their brother was there too. My hip and back are acting up now. Okok.. I'm gonna go to the ortho doc and see what is up with the hip. As soon as my tax return arrives, I'll make an appt.

Welcome Lynn! I can't control pizza either. Fortunately (or not) I can't eat the wheat because it upsets my intestines sooooo bad. I haven't had any for a year. I made some with Amy's single serve gluten-free pizza crusts and it was ok, but meh. Nothing to write home about.

I've been doing very well with my protein levels. Writing stuff down is helping tremendously with the carb monster. I'm not doing very low carb, just keeping them under control.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
I am just not going to eat it. I am waiting for the weather to break so I can walk.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #23  

Greetings my Peeps!

It's been raining and icky today. Poor pups have been stuck inside. I tormented them by making my Mom's chicken wing recipe and my house smells soooo good!

Not much going on. I so wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow.. hehe. It's been a lazy day and I've enjoyed it.

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 03-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #24  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
Are any of you carb counting? If so, tell me what you think of it and how it is working for you. So far WW is working okay, but hey, nothing wrong with always having a back-up plan, right?
I don't post here often, but have been a member for a good long time. Annie and Rat know me...lol!

I lost a good chunk of weight Low carbing....Atkins specifically and it works. There are a range of different plans...so just research and pick one that you can envision yourself doing for life. Good luck.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #25  

Happy Monday everyone

Lynnie: I think if you know that pizza is a "trigger" food for you it is smart to stay away. Not much nutrition in it anyway

Rat: I hope that your hip feels better soon! I have that same issue sometimes. Also one of my knees is acting like a brat but I try to push through. So tired of docs etc. Love em but tired of them.

Peggy: You look so beautiful Glad to see you!

Well, it is day 3 for me with Jillian's 30 day shred. It kicks my bootie but I like it. I am going to try to continue to do the level one for 30 days then up it to level 2 for 30 days then 3 etc. I am just so happy to be exercising again! I get chest pains afterwards, like way afterwards but.. I just want to keep going. I promised Joel (dh) and a friend along with my general practitioner that I would ask the cardiologist what my limitations are. I left a message but I really don't want to hear what they are! I just want to keep going and get to my goal weight.

I hope you are all blessed and have a wonderful day,
Annie
Old 03-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #26  
Divine

I have noticed that since I started losing weight I get colder to the point I am freezing. Where I use to live with fans on all year round because I would get hot its changed. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Have a great Monday evening ladies!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie923 View Post
I have noticed that since I started losing weight I get colder to the point I am freezing. Where I use to live with fans on all year round because I would get hot its changed. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Have a great Monday evening ladies!!!
Oh yeah and guess what? It gets worse as you lose more!! ACK! I was always sweating and used fans all the time. I used to tell my folks when I was visiting that it was for the white noise.

Just think that the blood vessels and vascular system that used to feed all those fat cells are still there. That makes you lose heat fast. Then the fat itself was an insulator (think of all the artic polar bears). No wonder you're already feel cool. In the winter, I can put on more clothes in the winter and I also have a heated throw blanket when I'm sitting in front of the TV. In the summer, my AC bill has dropped dramatically!! LOL.

Hugs,
Ratkity

Last edited by Ratkitten; 03-07-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #28  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkitten View Post
Oh yeah and guess what? It gets worse as you lose more!! ACK! I was always sweating and used fans all the time. I used to tell my folks when I was visiting that it was for the white noise.

Just think that the blood vessels and vascular system that used to feed all those fat cells are still there. That makes you lose heat fast. Then the fat itself was an insulator (think of all the artic polar bears). No wonder you're already feel cool. In the winter, I can put on more clothes in the winter and I also have a heated throw blanket when I'm sitting in front of the TV. In the summer, my AC bill has dropped dramatically!! LOL.

Hugs,
Ratkity
To tell ya the truth its driving me crazy because I can't get the men in the house to turn the heat up.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:02 AM   #29  

Height: 5'7"

If it wasnt for hot flashes from time to time I would freeze to death in the winter.LOL

Im low carbing it and its working.I just kinda came up with a plan that works for me.I know im getting to much fat but its working for now. I may try to adjust it in the future.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:43 AM   #30  

Hiya my Peeps!

I am not doing low low carbing. I read somewhere in my net travels that the average person eats between 250-350g of carbs. Seems like a lot, right? Well.... guess what my chickies (and hiding roosters) - left to my own devices, I can shoot right past that!! ACK. I'm wrting things down on my droid to track what I'm eating. When I write it down, I don't conveniently "forget" what I've already eaten. As a result, I'm keeping my carbs below normal for most days while keeping an eye on trying to get up past 100g protein a day. Miraculously, my calories fall in an acceptable range as well.

Good to see you Torister!!

How are you feeling after all that movement, Annie?

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Closed Thread