Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 314/307/175

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning!

I think low carb is the only diet that works for me. I lost 90 lbs a couple of years ago on South Beach. Of course, I didn't maintain and put it right back on, Plus! Will not blame all my stressors however, as I opened my mouth to the bad stuff.

I really like that on South Beach there is no counting of anything. But, you have to eat what is on the lists, which sometimes is not what your kids want to eat. I am forever making 2 meals. One for them and one for me. Whatever works for you is what you should do!

Everyone have a glorious day!
Sharona
Old 03-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Lynnie: I have to agree with Rat. The more weight you lose the colder you are. lol. For me I also am on Major blood thinners so it is even worse here in the very chilly Pacific North West. I miss CA weather.

Debi: Hi girl. Great job.

Rat: Ummm. I have been having chest pains pretty similar to when I had the heart attack. More heaviness and sharp pains in between my shoulder blades. I am going to try to push through though because I am feeling so much better other than that. I know that is a biggie but. I just am super tired of all the restrictions. It has helped me to put on those pounds that I had thought I lost forever. I have a call into my cardiologist to see what he thinks. In the mean time..... Day 4 of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred level 1! This is really working for me. I love the burn in my muscles. I also lift weights 2 times a week and today is the first day of this week for that.

Sharona: Nice to meet you. I don't have children but I do often cook things for hubby and something different for me. It works for me.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #33  

Hello my Chickies!

I finally broke down and bought a "Walking Away the Pounds" by Leslie Sansone. It was fairly cheap at Best Buy. I watched the first part (there are 4 workouts on the dvd) and it seems very do-able for me.

Annie, you know your limits better than your doc or anyone else. The boss here that had a heart attack shortly before you did (and only 49 yo) is back to running and working out at full strength. He even had some significant tissue death with his heart attack. I figured that your ticker made it through your heaviest weight for lots of years, then did quite well with your big time exercising up until the lifeguard training fiasco. I don't see it letting you down after you've come this far. The body is amazing how well it can heal itself. Also, it never hurt to get a 2nd, 3rd or 4th opinion when it comes to major organs. Keep that warrior spirit up!!! Oh, and give snuggles to the furballs for me.. hehe.

Sharona and dgram, I lost the best with low low carb too. My goal is to find something a wee more sustainable and I feel like I'm achieving it (ok.. just today I feel positive about it). Tomorrow might be another story LOL.

Writing things down has been very helpful. I just couldn't do it with accuracy at the end of the day. I also have to be patient because everything I do today takes from 2-3 weeks to affect the scale or my clothing sizes. I'm so impatient!!!

How you doing lynn?

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 03-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Rat - I still struggle to get that much protein - watching my carbs but not sure where I want to level them out.

BTW - the pups thank you for the extra hugs!
Old 03-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #35  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkitten View Post
Hello my Chickies!

I finally broke down and bought a "Walking Away the Pounds" by Leslie Sansone. It was fairly cheap at Best Buy. I watched the first part (there are 4 workouts on the dvd) and it seems very do-able for me.

Annie, you know your limits better than your doc or anyone else. The boss here that had a heart attack shortly before you did (and only 49 yo) is back to running and working out at full strength. He even had some significant tissue death with his heart attack. I figured that your ticker made it through your heaviest weight for lots of years, then did quite well with your big time exercising up until the lifeguard training fiasco. I don't see it letting you down after you've come this far. The body is amazing how well it can heal itself. Also, it never hurt to get a 2nd, 3rd or 4th opinion when it comes to major organs. Keep that warrior spirit up!!! Oh, and give snuggles to the furballs for me.. hehe.

Sharona and dgram, I lost the best with low low carb too. My goal is to find something a wee more sustainable and I feel like I'm achieving it (ok.. just today I feel positive about it). Tomorrow might be another story LOL.

Writing things down has been very helpful. I just couldn't do it with accuracy at the end of the day. I also have to be patient because everything I do today takes from 2-3 weeks to affect the scale or my clothing sizes. I'm so impatient!!!

How you doing lynn?

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
To tell ya the truth its not been a bad or good day. Its A "IT IS WHAT IT IS" day for me. I am sitting here trying to figure out how I can stop myself from eating in the middle of the night. Its not just a snack either it was tunafish sandwich with cheese on it. I am so disappointed with myself. This is my problem right now while doing this and I am afraid its going to wreck havoc on my weight loss goal for the month.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:50 AM   #36  

Height: 5'7"

i need to track my protien for a few days to see just where its falling. Carbs were 101 yesterday, would have been lower but hubby came home with baked beans.I had a serving of them instead of the green beans I had planned on eating.
I do feel so much better and in control of my eating. Breads and chips ect are the devil to me. I just cant eat them and lose.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 314/307/175

Good Morning! Yesterday was a struggle. I was very hungry all day! Downfall was. of all things, Triscuits. Love 'em! Hate 'em!

dgramie- Feeling you on the breads. If I eat any carbs with meals, I want to keep eating. Even allowable carbs.

Everone have a lovely day!
Sharona
Old 03-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #38  

Greetings my Peeps!

Went to get my bimonthly iron infusion. Ferritin is finally up to 41 YAY! That is one point over the lowest number it should be. I'd like to see it between 80-100. Going next week to the GYN to see if I can do something about heavy TOMs. I'm getting very tired of doctors.

I did fabbo with protein yesterday and hit 123g for the day while keeping carbs near equal with it. Man, is that hard to do! I did not start the day well. My carbs are already triple my protein grams.

GGG, I add a scoop of protein to my morning coffee to get 11g extra a day. I use Tera's Whey protein as the flavor is tolerable for me. There's a trick to getting the protein mixed in with the coffee and not scorching (and cooking) the protein into leetle floating blobs.

Hope everyone is doing well today!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 03-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Hi, I've been 'lurking' me, I'm the queen of procrastination...meant to post but just never got 'round to it...
Sharona I too follow SB, I rarely get hungry on it but my losses, after the initial water, are quite slow. xxxx
Debbie & Carol FAB TO 'see' you both! xxxxx
Annie no one knows your body better than yourself, just be careful! Did you get a ball thrower for your pups? I got one for £1 with a ball too, I think that's about 75 cents? I keep having to buy cheap tennis balls as Rolo does like to 'skin' the balls, then chew them up! lol Have you got any more snow there? It's really beautiful here, the sun is shining, it's warm in the sheltered bits but very windy, I LOVE it! xxxxx
Ratkitty how do you know the amount of protein you eat, did you get a book like a calorie counter but protein instead? Did the iron infusion make you feel all 'superwoman-y'? lol We had to take Rolo to the vets as his ear is bothering him again and an old guy came in with a parrot, I've never heard one speak so good! He was singing, laughing and telling everyone what to do, all in an old lady's voice! It was fascinating, he really sounded like a recording rather than a parrot, my youngest was really taken with him.xxxxx
I'm on plan but mentally struggling, I'm so tired all the time, irritated and stressed, my normally greasy skin is dry and flaky, my hair is falling out in handfuls and I can feel cold air passing over my scalp (my hair is normally thick and curly), I think I need shooting, lol. I've started taking a multi vitamin & mineral just in case I'm lacking something, but I'm wondering if I need to try a different kind of HRT as I was like this before I started on HRT. My weight is not coming off and I'm not losing inches either...blah! Anyway I'm sticking with it and I'll see if the scales & tape measure are kind to me tomorrow.
xxxxx sharon
Old 03-10-2011, 11:36 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Everyone,

Not a long post here just an update. I ended up going to the ER via ambulance on Tuesday night. At my weight loss support group I started having severe chest pains and took a nitro. It didn't help and I started to have the same symptoms as when I had my heart attack, pain between shoulder blades, jaw pain, nausea etc. I waited about 10 minutes or so and took another nitro by that time the support group leader noticed me, I guess she says my color was kind of purple, she asked me what was wrong and I just shook my head and tears fell. The lady sitting next to me told her how I had already taken 2 nitro and that I was experiencing shortness of breath and all the other jazz. (she had asked me because I looked pretty bad I guess) so, the leader tore out into the hospital and grabbed a couple of nurses who took me by wheelchair to the hospital part. Started IV and ekg etc. The hospital that our meeting is held in is a Specialty hospital for surgery so they have no cardiac things so... The ambulance was called and off I was rushed to the hospital.

I was given tons and tons of nitro to try to ease my pain and also to bring my blood pressure down. Usually I run about 103/68ish and I was at 155/100. It was a long drawn out ordeal with them admitting me to the cardiac unit over night. My cardiologist came in the next am and spoke with me and was very upset at my exercising. He told me that he was under the impression I understood him when he originally told me I have severe limitations. I was honest with him and told him I just want to lose more weight and I love to exercise. So, we are on the same page now. Annie + exercise = nothing this week, small amount next week and every week thereafter no more than 20 minutes at a time of slow to moderate exercise for life.

He thinks I need to behave myself and not try to get a heart transplant right now. He says if I behave myself with the activity then I will be okay for a while. Needless to say I am upset because I love to exercise but I will grieve and then move on to a new direction.

Thanks for listening. Just wanted to let you guys know where I was. I will come back and post when I am feeling stronger. Dr. said that we came extremely close to me having another heart attack and possibly losing me.

love you guys, hugs and blessings,
Annie
Old 03-11-2011, 06:38 AM   #41  

Height: 5'7"

Oh annie...please take care of yourself!! We love you and need you here.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #42  

Good morning Peeps,

I've not done well with my carb intake. I am taking vitamins and getting in my protein. My only Aunt (dad's big sis) had a stroke and heart attack and is in the hospital. She is very combative and it is killing my dad to see her this way. She has refused to see any doctor in over 30 years and has had high bp for decades. Dad can't hear and has Mom to translate doctor stuff to him. Mom doesn't get some details right because she is unfamiliar with medical terms. I am left to try to tease out information from the things Mom relays to me. I am such a stress eater!

Annie, I am glad you were in a place that recognized you were having difficulty and got you the help you needed. Perhaps the gradual ease into limited exercise will be the ticket. I'm glad you had a talk with your cardiologist. I'm sure he doesn't want you sedentary either, but supervised exercise is the way to go. The boss at work did the same thing and actually went to the cardiac rehab center to do his exercise for months until he was released with a specific schedule. Like I said before, he is back to an exercise level that he can live with and his cardiologist approves of as well. Healing thoughts and prayers sent your way! You will find your balance. I just know you will.

Sharon, I use an android phone app called MyNetDiary. It reports on carbs, protein and fats (as well as calories). Apparently, I lie to myself by the end of the day and "conveniently" forget things I've eaten. I then proclaim innocently "But I ONLY had 1800 calories!!!! How can I not be losing??" I hate writing things down (the program allows you to select from a huge database), but it appears my braincell that keeps track of what I eat is defective.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 03-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #43  
Divine

Well it seems or at least feels as though I am not doing so well with my eating this week. I can't help but feel alittle discouraged right now. I have a migraine which usually tells me that its that time of month coming. Maybe that is why I feel so huge today. I don't know.

Lynn
Old 03-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Annie oh you do scare me!!!! You do what the dr tells you and take it steady, plenty of people lose weight with just a little walking! I hope you are feeling better today, I don't know what to say except BE CAREFUL, LOOK AFTER YOURSELF and STAY WELL!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx
Ratkitty I have no idea about androids, except those in Sci-Fi films, lol! I'll just stick with looking for low carb stuff! xxxx
Lynnie, yep, nothing like TOM to make you bloat and feel rubbish! I've been totally good diet-wise and lost HALF a bloomin' pound! Lost nothing last week either even though I exercised like crazy! (Biggest Loser DVD, a KILLER)xxxxx
xxxxx sharon
Old 03-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #45  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo1 View Post
Annie oh you do scare me!!!! You do what the dr tells you and take it steady, plenty of people lose weight with just a little walking! I hope you are feeling better today, I don't know what to say except BE CAREFUL, LOOK AFTER YOURSELF and STAY WELL!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx
Ratkitty I have no idea about androids, except those in Sci-Fi films, lol! I'll just stick with looking for low carb stuff! xxxx
Lynnie, yep, nothing like TOM to make you bloat and feel rubbish! I've been totally good diet-wise and lost HALF a bloomin' pound! Lost nothing last week either even though I exercised like crazy! (Biggest Loser DVD, a KILLER)xxxxx
xxxxx sharon
WTG on losing a pound!!!
Closed Thread