Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #61  

Greetings my peeps,

While dropping off my orders to the radiologist for more mammo scans, I got a report of my dexa results. I'm normal, yay! Not just normal, but pretty good. I'm not hercules, but I have no negative numbers indicating bone loss. That means my calcium supplements are working and I am not robbing my bones of calcium to function.

Meanwhile, that dang old 2 lbs won't go away and stay away. Up 2, down 2, up 3, down 3. I've been playing this game since December and am tired of it! My fat can't seem to take a hint to hit the road! Vamooooose! Don't let the door slap you on da way out! Geeeesh. Writing things down does help tremendously.

My auntie is the same. No progress and little hope for recovery. My poor dad is beside himself and is having a hard time seeing his big sister this way. Mom is being very supportive of Dad. I'm so glad she's there (not that she wouldn't be, but ya know, I appreciate her). By the time they get home from the hospital after being there all day, they are exhausted. The nurses did ask how old Dad was and when Mom said just 2.5 yrs younger than my auntie, they oooooo'd and ahhhh'd over how fit he was and how good he looked LOL (he's 80). If my Mom would tell people her age, they'd ooo and ahhh over her too, but she lets them assume she's in her 60s (she's 78). LOL.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 03-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #62  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey there Rat,

Was so happy to hear all of your good news!!!!! I know your bones are way happy too!!!

I know about that up 2 down 2 up 3 down 3, there has got to be away to skp them and just keep having 4 down, 4 down, 4 down, when I figure it out I will let you know, or vice a versa!! hahaha

I will keep your aunti in my prayers and your dad too. Bet your Mom is amazing, I know her daughter ahhhhh what's her name,, oh yeah Rat is!!!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 03-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #63  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

I feel so down today because I binged last night. I don't know why I did it but my snack before bed turned into a free for all.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #64  

Hello my Peeps,

Lynn, hang in there. It's done and over. From this moment, you can start over fresh.

Thanks for the cheering up, Ags. It's been hard hearing Mom vent nearly every night about what's been happening at the hospital. Dad is very conflicted and on top of that can't hear a darn thing. He started screaming at Mom "I hear you! I hear you!" in a hospital hallway when it was really a woman talking on her cell phone and Mom wasn't speaking at all. He realized his mistake and apologized to Mom, but that's how on edge he is. He's a "fixer" and he can't fix this.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to doing the "next right thing" in front of me. I'm writing down what is going in my mouth. I'm hanging at a 100g of protein for the day and taking my vitamins. These are the most important things on my list. As I get overwhelmed by the crisis with my aunt and then seeing the world events unfold in Japan, I am trying to just get done the things that are necessary and not become paralyzed.

Good to see you popping in Torister!! Your picture in your avatar looks fabbbbulous!

Annie, how you doing, sweet thing?

Sharon, are you still doing your biggest loser exercise?

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 03-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #65  
Divine

this is a picture from last summer I will post another of me more recent when i take it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg looking a mess.jpg (21.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #66  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Oh my sweet sweet Lynn,
Darling we all have been there and done that, and who knows we may do it again, but if we let this beat us up and get us down, we might as well lay down and we by no means can do that. So pick yourself up and dust yourself off and start all over. We always have the option to start over, just don't quit, we cannot afford to. I always say, SPEAK LIFE INTO YOUR SITUATION for the words we speak can be life or death, so let's choose LIFE!!!! If you need to talk I am here, just PM me anytime.
The color you have on in your picture is soooo pretty on you.

Rat,
I am so sorry you have soo much on your plate right now, but God is in control no matter how it may seem to us. I am still praying for dad to find PEACE and you comfort and strength. You will NOT become paralyzed, DO YOU HEAR ME RAT!!!! NO NO NO, I will not let you. When the things of life weigh us down, always remember JOY COMETH in the morning. I love you RatKitty.

The scale was very good to me, no wait a minte, I am giving the scale way tooo much credit, I did this and I done GOOOOD. I will post actually how much on Friday becasue I am planning to sneak another WI in to see what the last two days hold for me. I am so excited.

Annie,
smooches.

Later gators,
hugs love and more blessings than you can contain,
making every moment count,
Ags
Old 03-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #67  
Divine

Well today I made a purchase of scale and should get it by the end of next week. I am excited about getting because now I will be able to weigh myself weekly when I do measurements. At the same time I feel alittle scared because I don't want it to have a gain on it. I am seriously trying my hardest not to binge or have great big snacks so I am getting my husband to bring me the snacks out of the kitchen so I don't go in there grazing.

Lynn
Old 03-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #68  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Right there with you Lynn,

Last night I ate 15 almonds and THREE tablespoons of peanut butter. That is what happens to me sometimes if I cannot sleep and looking for something to occupy me, usually food. So sad the song, but I have gotten much better at it. I remember when I would anixously await for everyone to go to bed so I could raid the kitchen without them knowing, but guess what? I did and I was only hurting me. Wow a learning process for sure.

Annie and Rat,
hope you sweeties are okay, missed you today.

Ags
Old 03-17-2011, 05:35 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Ratkitty, WAHAY for the great scan results! Are you still playing vet with your neighbour's cat? It is SO irritating (that's me being polite!) when you are doing everything right and the weight isn't coming off, are any of your clothes looser? At least soon you can get out on your bike and get some fun exercise in.xxxx
Lynnie you look so tanned & healthy in that picture & Ags is right that blue really suits you. I have cravings at night too, I just keep sipping diet coke, herbal tea or water and try to file my nails or read to keep my hands busy. xxxxx
Annie I hope you're following your doctor's orders! Better taking it easy & losing slower than going crazy & ending up in hospital! The world would be a duller place without you being here.xxxx
Ags was it low sugar, low salt peanut butter? LOL!! I have to ration it, at one shop the organic, no added anything is cheaper than the sugary ones! AND it is lovely but I just use a TEASPOON to limit myself, then throw it (the spoon) in the dishwasher after 2-3 spoon's full. Did you ever treat yourself to that lipstick? A local shop is doing a deal on my fave one and has it in a lovely red colour, I might get it Friday.xxxxx
I'm feeling a bit rubbish today, my Dad had a stent fitted nearly two weeks ago; after a quad bypass a year or so ago; and he's still getting pains and having to use his nitro, I'm really worried about him and my poor Mum who has to care for him. He is grumpy at the best of times so when he's ill he makes her life miserable. We are visiting on the 23rd of this month for five days, I hope we can take her out and cheer her up as well at persuading them both the come for a meal out; our treat as it's her birthday on the 29th and Mother's Day soon after. I posted two pics on the pic page to compare and see if I look different, my tummy definately (sp?) looks smaller, I hope I see a loss this week as I've KILLED myself on the (UK) Biggest Loser DVD.
xxxxx sharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 03-17-2011 at 05:38 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #70  
Divine

Hey all. My day started off really well. Then boom I feel like crap. I feel so down right now. All I want to do is eat right now. I feel like crying and I don't even no why. Maybe TOM is really taking its toll on me today.

Lynn
Old 03-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #71  

Come on Lynn!
You can work through this. You have done so well and lost so much already. I know you don't want to lose this battle.
You said you feel like crying, when I feel that way the best thing for me to do is just go ahead and let it out. I just find a quiet place in the house and let it go. A good cry can sometimes do more good then you think.
Oh and by the way my favorite place to hide and have a good cry is in the bathroom (in the bath tub).

I hope your day turns around for you.

Learn
Old 03-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #72  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post
Come on Lynn!
You can work through this. You have done so well and lost so much already. I know you don't want to lose this battle.
You said you feel like crying, when I feel that way the best thing for me to do is just go ahead and let it out. I just find a quiet place in the house and let it go. A good cry can sometimes do more good then you think.
Oh and by the way my favorite place to hide and have a good cry is in the bathroom (in the bath tub).

I hope your day turns around for you.

Learn
My mom says I should just let myself feel this way because I don't do it to often. She said don't make it worse by going into the kitchen and binging because I will feel bad after that. I blame it on hormones....

Lynn
Old 03-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #73  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Hi guys! Sorry for lack of writingness. I haven't been feeling well. My therapist thinks it';s all in my head (somatization) and my doctor thinks it might be menopause. Yes, that;s right, I am 28. Great.

I have been trying to keep to 1800 calories a day, and weighed myself last night and I have GAINED 3 lbs this week. Needless to say, I was not pleased. I am currently shoveling fries into my mouth.

Love to everyone. It is however a gorgeous day here, and I woke up to Cat Stevens' Morning Has broken, which always puts me in a spiritual mood.

Blessings,
Old 03-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #74  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

I guess I should change my ticker. Wahhh!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie923 View Post
My mom says I should just let myself feel this way because I don't do it to often. She said don't make it worse by going into the kitchen and binging because I will feel bad after that. I blame it on hormones....

Lynn
I get a little b****y about a week to 10 days before and also once in a while feel like crying. The crying has eased up quite a bit since I found an anti-depressant that works for me.
I do agree that going on a binge will just make you feel worse, but sometimes the hormones take control and it just happens.
Hang in there sweetie and just try to stay busy during these rough days.
I know easier said then done!

Learn
Closed Thread