Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #136  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

I was thinking today. I have alot of friends on facebook. But the thing is none of the ones I thought would be cheering me on. Do you think they are mad at me for this change? I don't know. I just thought some people would be more supportive then what I thought. So much for thinking.

Lynn
Old 03-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #137  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie923 View Post
I was thinking today. I have alot of friends on facebook. But the thing is none of the ones I thought would be cheering me on. Do you think they are mad at me for this change? I don't know. I just thought some people would be more supportive then what I thought. So much for thinking.

Lynn
Well Lynnie, my take is that most people hear what you are saying, but won't hold their breath until they see dramatic results. Then they have the gall to ask if you've lost a few pounds when you've dropped 50 lbs and been working your arse off for the last x months. Ignore them. I don't even do FB because I think that sort of environment is toxic to me. Even after having WLS, the few people who know keep asking when I'll start losing weight again (I'm on a horrid plateau) then they give suggestions. I don't even bring up the topic anymore. It's unfortunate that our one flaw in life is so public in nature (our struggle with food).

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 03-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #138  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkitten View Post
Well Lynnie, my take is that most people hear what you are saying, but won't hold their breath until they see dramatic results. Then they have the gall to ask if you've lost a few pounds when you've dropped 50 lbs and been working your arse off for the last x months. Ignore them. I don't even do FB because I think that sort of environment is toxic to me. Even after having WLS, the few people who know keep asking when I'll start losing weight again (I'm on a horrid plateau) then they give suggestions. I don't even bring up the topic anymore. It's unfortunate that our one flaw in life is so public in nature (our struggle with food).

Hugs,
Ratkity
I find myself limiting myself from facebook. I check it to see if anyone has updated their status since the day before. I am starting to get bored with it now that I am doing this.

Lynn
Old 03-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #139  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good evening my sweet petunia's,

It has been a long day here on the home front, but it has been a good day!! Daddy had been resting, which he really needs to do cause now the overdrive is kicking in. Sore sore sore in places he did not realize were hurt.
No worries Rat, I have bben keeping my eyes on him and giving him all the TLC I can dish out. I told him what you said, and he said IronMan can hadle what lies ahead......and he also said for me to tell you that if he does not get all the TLC he needs, he will call you and tell on me. LOL

KonfyoOzed,
Welcome and glad you stopped in for a snoop. Come snoop anytime. Great job on that 45 minutes of exercise and a healthy dinner to boot..May I have some, please?

Real,
Hot dang on being debt free, now that is a truly a wonderful thing!!! I am trying hard to join thta club myself!!!

Annie,
Let your brother help take care of his sis!! I know you are sooo special to him and all around you. IF any more help is needed, I am on the way and I am bringing Rat with me too!!! We gotta have our Annie Cakes!!!

Lynnie,
sorry you don't all the support you need, sometimes we just have to support ourselves. Remember this, if you give it, it will come!!!

Oh oh oh Rat,
remember the link you sent to me for trike a good while back, I went back there last night and that page was no longer available. I was so hurt, cause the trike I wanted was on that page. I checked some out, but they were crazy looking, soooo I guess my hunt is back on. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you sweetie!!

Well my lovlies, got go a check in on daddy,
Much love to you all,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 03-28-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:06 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm back!! lol
Ags, sorry to hear about your husband, he is so lucky that he wasn't seriously injured. I hope you're spoiling him! My hubby had a crash in his Jeep, it rolled three times, and he felt ok til a couple of days later then he started hurting in all kinds of weird places! So don't worry if your man is aching several days later, his insides will be all shaken up! I hope he recovers quickly and there's no lasting physical or financial damage.xxxxxx
Ratkitty, WTG on cleaning your pets' bedding/trays/cages, I DO NOT envy you that chore! Have you ridden your bike yet? We are looking around for one but taking our time coz we don't weant a cheap rubbish one and we might go for a used one. Thanks for the info on weight limits and leg/handle bar sizes, I'm sure hubby's racing bike would at least get the wheels buckled if I go on that! lol xxxxx
Lynnie it is amazing how quick thighs respond to exercise, I often do 100 squats (varied kinds, static, side-moving ones) each week day, at one time even three or four were difficult, so stay positive, you can do it.xxxxx
Annie I'm sorry that you are still suffering, it's great that your bil is spoiling you too! You can tell him to load & unload your washer for you if he's scared of you hurtiung yourself! lol I'm sure a gentle stroll with your pups would be ok, you can always take you bil with you to watch out for you.xxxxx
Laura G thanks for the info on seats, If I manage to learn to ride a bike ok I will invest in a good WIDE, padded seat, lol.xxxxx
We had a decent time at my parents', my Dad drove me crazy, moaning & being nasty, my Mum upset me coz she was so depressed.....my boys were VERY naughty too... Still we went on the beach a lot, Rolo actually went in the sea this time and had a great time chasing his ball. We had to use a 'flinger' coz me & my Mum aren't very good at throwing. Rolo has to have a blue tennis ball coz he can't see a yellow one on the sand! But it was nice just me & my Mum, no noisy kids or moaning hubby. I know I've gained but I'm getting back in control now and eating healthy.
xxxxxx sharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 03-29-2011 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #141  
Divine

Well last night was not a good night for me. I binged and the only thing I can think of thats triggered it was watching Ruby deal with her issues on Style. I'm not going to swaet it though. Back on track today.

Lynn
Old 03-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 387/see tracker/299

Height: 5' 6.5"

Currently sporting 3 lovely band aids. I just got back from my doctor's. Was just a visit for a blood draw to test my thyroid and such. Unfortunatly, I didn't get my usual nurse. Plus they were teaching somebody how to draw blood. They had to poke me 3 different times. They said it was because my veins were small. I really wanted to say that the nurse I usually have has NO problem finding my veins and getting blood. AND he even complimented me on them. Hence why I think he is a vampire. That, and cus he has a thick Russian accent. I miss my vampire
Old 03-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #143  

Hiya my Peeps!

Awwww, sorrwy Bijou. I've BTDT. I have to get infusions for iron once every two weeks. Every now and then I look all beat up because they miss my veins. I have GREAT veins. The infusions last an hr, so I have to have an IV. Bleh. *hugs*

Been not doing well with food. I have gotten my protein in, but also been putting in empty calories as simple carbs. I know it has to do with hearing constantly about my auntie (who is 2 weeks out from a massive stroke) and then hearing about my big sis who won't claim bankrupsy, but will let her townhouse foreclose and her car get repossessed. I have a small camping trip planned for this weekend to help another camper friend finish her homemade camper. I think I need to get away. I hope the rain doesn't keep us from finishing the camper.

Lynnie, I hear ya about the binge. Hang in there.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 03-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

Not a lot to report on. I still seem tired, not really sure why. My eating has been ok. When I say ok, I mean ok, not great, not horrible. No exercise to speak of.

For you working folks, how do you get work outs in? I worked 7:30am until 8pm tonight, and I have no get up and go. I have been work 12 to 14 hours for quite some time. I used to find a way to squeeze it in, but then again, I just to wake up and be awake and ready to go. Right now, just lucky to wake up.

That's it from now.

Later taters,
Real
Old 03-31-2011, 03:40 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi guys,

Sunday night I passed out at home. Low blood pressure was probably the culprit. I had been running at 89/50ish. So, I passed right out and woke up on the floor with Molly sniffing my breath and barking like nuts at Joel in the other room who happened to be on the phone with my Dad. UGH! So after I got off the floor and sitting down I called the advice nurse and she told me to hang up right now and call 911. I hung up and didn't call 911 cause I've had my fun in the ambulance enough lately. lol. So I wasn't going to go to the hospital knowing they would keep me. After about 10 minutes of arguing with Joel about it I calmly packed a bag (just in case they kept me overnight) and we rushed to emergency. My blood pressure was not coming up too much. It hovered around 99/50ish so of coarse they sent me upstairs after a CT scan to see if my brain got hurt when I fell. I had to stay in the cardiac unit again. I didn't get my usual room this time. lol. I had to stay until Tuesday because they switched up my cardiac meds and wanted to monitor me while the change was going on. So..... drama, drama, drama continues and I'm home now slept almost all day on Wednesday with the exception of taking my Dr. some flowers for Physician's day and a card. Today is the first day that Joel is back to work. I am really angry about things. My weight is up to 245. That is 3 pounds which is so frustrating to me and the knowledge that I am not allowed to exercise for a while is also frustrating to me Grumpy Annie is unusual and not a nice Annie to be around!

AGs: I am so thankful that your "Daddy" is okay. What a scare you had. Praise God that he is gonna be fine! OUr God is so good!

Rat: My BIL is a retired Col. from the Navy and then he transferred to the National Guard. He is very military and I've noticed very "flirty" now. I didn't enjoy that part at all. He kept telling me how beautiful I am and that he and his wife (she has passed away) they used to look at me and say, " It's a shame that she is so heavy because she is so beautiful". It really frustrated me because that says so much like if they thought I was ugly it wouldn't be a shame that I was fat? I don't get people. Oh well, I guess everyone says and does things that not everyone else is supposed to get. lol. He also shared with me that he has an enlarged prostrate!!!! I just told him uh. Sorry? and TMI. lol. It was like heaven when Joel came home from work. lol. Your bread sounds yummy!

Angie: I'm super glad that things are getting a bit more normal for you. As far as working and exercising, when I was working at SL Start I was paid a flat rate no matter how much I worked or didn't work as long as my work was done. I had a caseload of over 60 so my work wasn't ever light. I used to get up at 3 a.m. to exercise then spend my time in the shower and in prayer before getting to work at 7 a.m. and working until 7 or 8 p.m. I used to have to come on on Saturdays a lot too and so I was so darn tired but I was so happy to have the routine down so I could exercise which at the time well, and now is so important to me. I don't think you have to be so silly about it like I was just schedule some time in when you can. Hugs sweetie.

Lynn: Good for you on the exercise that you are able to do. I can't wait to do some. I love to swim so my answer for almost everything is swimming. lol.

Konfyo: Welcome. Come jump in anytime you want to Glad that you are here.

Sharon: Sorry that your dad was being a pill and making your mom nervous etc. Glad that you are back home and ready to get back on track. Hugs sweet friend.

Bijouxette: Yikes on the 3 poke thing for one blood test. I wish I could have shared my nurses with you. They were really good and even though I had to have lots of blood draws, they always were on target Glad to see you back.

Well, I think you guys are all caught up in my drama and I am a bit caught up on your lives. I pray that you are all well and healthy and on plan.

hugs and many blessings,
Annie
Old 03-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #146  
Divine

Annie
I am doing what I need to till this cold weather breaks and I am able to do some walking.

Lynn
Old 03-31-2011, 04:43 PM   #147  

Oh dear Annie!

I hope they switched up your meds so you don't fall and go boom anymore. Yay for Molly barking! Sorry to hear they kept you, but you know the drill. We want you around a long long time.

I'm also sorry to hear about your BIL's behavior. He sounds a bit socially inept. I know you are frustrated at the weight stuff. You've been doing so well, even without exercising.

I've been on a stall since December!! Some of that is because I emotionally eat and my auntie's condition worries me. I think mostly because of how it affects my dear dad. It's his big sister and he's at a loss as to what to do. He and I are both "fixers" and we can't fix this situation. I eat and he has thrown himself into cleaning up my auntie's apt (she's a hoarder of papers).

Lynnie, the weather has me wanting to hide under the covers and play mousie with Boss kitty. For a big 3 yr old kitty, he sure acts like a little kitten. He must have been the cutest kitteh in the bunch!

Realist, glad you are slowly recovering. I have no answer for your exercise question. I am too uncoordinated in the morning and too tired in the evening! I'm hoping the extra light of summer will goose me into riding my bicycle more.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity

Last edited by Ratkitten; 03-31-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling! ugh
Old 03-31-2011, 05:54 PM   #148  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Annie – how scary! I am glad everything looks ok and you didn’t hurt yourself when you fell. Try not to be too hard on yourself.

Well, the scale is being a little meanie, and I managed to gain a pound even though I had a VERY good week staying on plan. I have decided that it is just something testing my resolve and I won’t pay it any mind. I also recall that my body tends to actually be a week or two behind what I am actually doing. It is rather slow.

My goal for next week is to get to the gym at least one day over the weekend, which I didn’t do last week. Other than that…keep on going with low carbs and keeping my calories under 2000. I could probably be doing better about drinking more water, especially at home in the evenings, so I will make that an item to work on improving this week.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:46 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Lynn: I totally understand. When I weighed 510 I could barely move so I started with my stationary bike at 5 minutes a pop until I could gradually up it. I think you are doing fantastic!

Rat: Yep. I'm sad. I feel so disappointed in so many ways that I think I am close to giving up. Close but not yet. I still have some fight in me and I'm trying to "cowboy up" as my Daddy (dad, Father not hubby ) says.Glad you are feeling like playing with your kitty cats.

Nancy: Darn ole scale anyway! I swear I could just shoot mine! I bet you will have that ole pound off and then some in no time at all.

Well, I'm super tired and I need to take my BP before I take my meds to see if I need to take them tonight or not. lol. Whew full time job just seeing what I need to do next with my many meds. Oh well, they are keeping my heart going right now so that is what needs to get done.

Thanks for all of your support guys. I sure love you all!

Blessings,
Annie
Old 04-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #150  
Divine

hey gang!! I am feeling alittle discouraged today even though I have 2 more days until I weigh in. I just got the feeling I am not going to have a loss this weekend. I don't know.

Lynn
Closed Thread