Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:02 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello all you beautiful ladies !!

Keep on keepin on with the positives !!

My positive for the day.... I just checked the pedometer and I managed to do 15,000 steps today !! That's like... insane when I think about how only 6 months ago I could barely do 1,000.

Have a great evening !!

Leslie

PS - where's that blog Hottie?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:25 AM   #287  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

That is awesome Leslie! Do you wear it every day?

Wings - Maybe I need to take a shower or something If it's not that I don't know what it is!
Old 08-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #288  

I don't know about everybody else, but this is a very lonely place the last couple of days! I'm going back to bed! Boo Hoo!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone. I hope I didn’t make an online “oops” and scare people away? Ags, where are you?

Awwww, Learn, I’ve NEVER known you to go back to bed, you are our morning superstar! I love to hear your stories about you and your pool.
Well, I’m just going to pretend everything’s ok, hope it is.

Nooch ... I didn’t know about your PCOS - hug . Good for you to conquer it!

Learn ... I read your story about checking out your son’s school. You are such a good mother! How late would your son’s lunch be after 5th period? 1 p.m.? That does seem awfully late.

Rena
... you know you are doing exactly the right thing, pre-planning your food. I think about what I’m going to eat the morning I’m going to eat it, and it’s just sort of a mental suggestion, not an actual rule.

But then I sometimes go over to the maintainer’s forum here on 3FC and I see those girls, who’ve already lost tons of weight and keeping it off, they are pre-planning their menu’s several days or a week ahead of time, and they’re pre-preparing the food! So you are definitely on the right track.

HotWings ... let us know when you get your blog started so we can check in on you. A lot of people post their blog address under their avatar.

I read your thoughts about how eating well is easier for you than exercise. I think the thing about exercise is to make it be a habit. Work it in your life everyday, even if it’s just 5 minutes, so that it becomes part of your life. When you’re ready, you’ll extend the time, but in the meanwhile these patterns are forming in your brain to exercise every day.

Leslie ... Wow!!!! 15,000 steps! When you could only do 1000 before! You should be so proud of yourself.

My positive ... I sell my work in a small gallery with a bunch of other artists. Financially, the gallery is struggling a bit (who isn’t?), so I volunteered to look at their phone bill and see if there was any way it could be reduced. I was able to lop off $28/month with no change in service!

Last edited by CJZee; 08-20-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #290  

Good thursday morning everyone,
I'm gonna get right to personals...

betty- That's my girl, planning her attack on the rise in the scales. It definitely sounds like TOM and his wonderful gift of H2o. Hang in there, it'll be gone before you know it. My record overnight water weight gain is 12 pounds. It was horrible, I could hardly flex my knees and ankles due to the water in my legs. Now with me watching my sodium it averages 6 to 8 pounds.

HotWings- I'm the same way, I stay consistant with my eating, but can't seem to do it with exercise. It has never been one of my favorite things. Always seems so boring. We do what we can do, right?

nooch- You are just shrinking right before our eyes. That is awesome.

As for me, I got on the computer this morning at about 3:30 and it was kinda depressing. Our attendance is way too low and I think I'm running low on Positive Gas! So I thought about going back to bed. But I'm back and that will be positive numero uno.
Next positive is I actually didn't go back to bed, instead as soon as my sister came home from her job I gathered up my grocery list and coupons and did my shopping early at Walmart. It was like having the store all to myself. And my son and my mom never even knew I was gone.
I mentioned some concern for my son's lunch being so late at school and after talking with him I have agreed to leave it as is, as long as he promises to eat a real good breakfast. I am able to monitor his daily classwork on-line so I'll see if there's a problem.

Now I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting concerned for Ags. She hasn't been on here since monday evening. Now I know she went back to work tuesday, but I hope it wasn't too much for her.

That's it for me girls and remember have a great day and keep those guardrails up!

Later - Learn
Old 08-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #291  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hellloooooooooooo??

nooch: 22's!!!! Awesome - you are doing so well! How is the baby blanket coming?

LeslieB: You rocked that pedometer!! Go girl! I put the blog link over there under my avatar now.

CJ: You are an artist??! I want to see your work! Have any pics? I love art - all kinds.. textile, pottery, painting, etc. Way to save the gallery some dough!

learn: You got your shopping done early - great positive! I love days when I get a lot done early - they are few and far between, though. And, I am concerned for Ags too - it is just not like her to not check in. What about her daughter - has she been on lately?

For me: My muscles are a little bit like jiggly jello right now. I did upper body weight lifting with dumbbells today. I do feel like my new plan is working better than the way I was doing it before.. so that is motivating. I'm okay once I get going.. it's actually getting myself to pick up the weight and start that's the hard part. I'm sure I will be appropriately sore tomorrow!

COME ON LADIES... we can do this even if we are only talking to ourselves in this thread!! I wish the others would check in, though.

You don't want me finding you and knocking on your doors!!! Log in & press some keys, please.

Having a great OP day - work it!

Last edited by HotWings; 08-20-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:13 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

Good Morning ladies!

I have an interview soon but I wanted to post really quick.

Nooch- Congrats on the 22's!

CJ- I volunteer also and it's great when I come up with an idea that will benefit the business. I wish I was more creative, I've been thinking of taking a photography class.

Learn- My favorite time to shop is early morning (5am-6am) That's when you get the best picks!

Hotwings- I'm the same way...as soon as I get going I'm all over it. I just have to get going,lol.

My positive..... THE SCALE FINALLY MOVED It's down only 2lbs..but at least it's down. I was starting to think the darn thing was broken
Old 08-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #293  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

My positive is that Learn missed me and so did Ags!! And I didn't cry even though my only child is a high school freshman.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #294  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Hey gals,

Well aunt flo is in full attack mode! I see what you meant about the water retention! I feel like I'm a water fall today! Jeepers! The good thing is that it was a big lesson for me....no more pity parties!

My positive for today is that I ordered a healthy dinner for supper tonight! We went out for my parents anniversary and I was so scared to go. Thank goodness they had chicken souvlaki, stuffed red pepper(with rice and veggies), and mixed veggies! It was super yummy and it was on the special board so it wasn't in the regular menu! Whoo hoo! I feel so good I didn't mess up tonight.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #295  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi there all my rotin' tootin' cowgirls,

You babies know that you did not chase anyone away, stuff just happens, and for me that is exactly what happpened STUFF!!!!!!

You ladies know that I went back to work on Tues. and it has been kickin' my butt, especially today, in the building and by the time I got off my feet and legs were screamin', HEY!!! HEY!!!! ARE YOU CRAZY, GO AND SIT DOWN!!!! The POSITIVE is I LISTENED!!!!!!

Now are you all ready to laugh.............I left work a half and hour early to make it to weigh in, I got all the way there and after parking the car and just about ready to go in, I had a coughing attack.....Now I don't know about you, but a coughing attack for me is detrimental....Need I say more. I backed out, headed home, washed, changed clothes and back out the door I went. I told that old devil, ain't no little steam or river gonna set me back, WEIGH IN HERE I COME. I was one whole pound down, That was a super positive for me, not the one pound down, but that I stepped on the devil's head and did NOT LET him DEFEAT ME!!!!!! Now don't get me wrong, the one pound down was good too. Sometimes we just have to change the way we think.

Now another reason I was not here is because, my huby has been giving me such grief about being on the computer sooooo much so to cut down on the arguing, I was trying to wait to he falls asleep, but that backfired, I fell asleep first. LOL Now here is the good news, my daughter has downloaded
3FC onto my Blackberry, so now you dolls are always in my pocket. LOL LOL Ain't that GRAND!!!

To all of you selling clothes, having fun with honey's, exercising your booties off, not crying cause of son being in High School, staying on point, and just doing what you always do, being positive, keep up the good work!!!! Shout outs to you all!!!!

Anybody seem Bite?????????

Love you darlings, but the man is coming, gotta fly!!!!! Later chickies.

Hugs, love, and blessings,
Ags
Old 08-21-2009, 12:26 AM   #296  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Yayyyyy, Ags! Glad to hear from you girl and I didn't know there was a 3FC mobile! I will be all over that!

CJ - Did you get the warm fuzzies when you saved the $28? I love that feeling!

Learn - Your son sounds so responsible! You're a great mama

Wings - Oh, I will be talking to myself! Glad to hear your new plan is going fabulously!

Fungirl - woooo, 2 pounds is 2 pounds you will never see again! Grats!

Devs - that is a great positive! My baby brother is going to be a high school freshman in a couple of weeks and I just think about the first time I ever saw him when he was a tiny baby and I just start bawling!

Betty - that sounds great! I loooooove souvlaki! And we are all once again on the same cycle - it's like a college dorm in here

As for me, I am getting sick (I think I have an ear infection) and I ate more than I wanted to today because I just couldn't get full, but the damage is not bad and I am not hysterical over it - not in the "I don't care" kind of way, but in the "I know that one day where I am over by 500 calories cannot undo three months of weight loss" kind of way.

And I am probably going to play fantasy football this year, wooooo!
Old 08-21-2009, 05:41 AM   #297  

Good morning ladies,
This is a very difficult morning for me. I woke up at 4 am and had no coffee in the coffee maker. My first thought was that my mom got up in the middle of the night and turned if off. So I'm grumbling as I walk towards the coffee maker, and then it dawns on me. I never set up the coffee maker to go off at 4 am because I have blood work to go to. So now I am trying to find things to keep me busy. I hate fasting for lab work, I think there should be a special schedule at all doctors offices just for labs. Anyone that has a lab test gets to choose their time. For instance I was up at 4 am, so I should be able to go to the lab than, have them do their thing and as I leave I am handed a cup of coffee just the way I like it. Extra strong with a splash of half-n-half and 2 level teaspoons of sugar (can't stand artificial sweeteners). I'm not asking much am I?
O.K. let's get to the personals...
HotWings- J.E.L.L.O.

Fungirl- Congratulations on the 2lb. lose, that deserves a big
WOO HOO!

Shia- These school days can be such emotional times. For the parent that is! Wow, freshman!

betty- Way to go on ordering a healthy meal. Your rockin' at the dinner table.

Ags- Do I have to have a talk with the MR.? Does he understand your importance here on 3FC? Do I need to ask him to step outside?And look at you a pound down, you sent that pound downtown!!!

nooch- What can I say, ear infections suck! I hope you feel better soon.

CJ- I would love to see your work someday. And way to go with saving the gallery some money each month, that was a sweet thing to do.

As for me...
Stayed on plan with my eating. Exercised a little bit in the pool, but didn't seem to have the stamina I usually have. I've been feeling that way a lot lately. Maybe my labs with indicate something, I don't know. I also gave my beautiful puppy Peanut a bath and a dip, so now she just bootiful, just bootiful!

That's it for me ladies, I hope everyone has a great day. Remember...

Guardrails Up!

Later - Learn
Old 08-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #298  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

SHE LIVES!!! Ags is back!!!!

Fungirl: Yay!! Two pounds - we'll take it!!

Devsmama: I don't want to let my babies get older. I wish I could stop time for them. Good that you didn't cry

betty: I get a little freaked when I have to eat out now, too - you were strong, though, and made all the RIGHT choices! Good going!

Ags: Look at you - you didn't let anything deter you from your weigh-in.. you are one determined woman! And you lost weight! YES! DH better let you come on here and post, or I'll send Guido!! LOL!

nooch: SO nice to know you are in control, isn't it? Now if I eat something off plan it is because I planned it and consciously made the choice - not because I feel out of control. I don't automatically beat myself up now, either. Control rocks! I hope your ear feels better soon!

learn: I hate fasting, too.. I agree.. they should just let you come in whenever you are ready! I need my coffee just as soon as I wake up - I am not a very happy person if I don't get my coffee.

For me: I'm with you girls - Aunt Flo came for a visit last night. Of course she had to be a few days LATE so she could RUIN my weigh-in tomorrow. I feel bloated and yucky. I'm trying to have 30 pounds gone by my son's b-day next weekend. I don't know if I will make it, but I'm sure as heck gonna try. She always rains on my parade! I guess it's time to mix up some lemon water and become BFFs with it for the next few days. Gotta get my cardio in as soon as I post this. Typed it, now I have to do it.

It's cool here today (not even gonna reach 70!!) and I am loving the unseasonable weather.

Let's rock n' roll, ladies!
Old 08-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #299  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

My positive today is that I went to the gym-cardio only-and did a 30/30/30 split. I feel great and relaxed.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #300  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Hey all you foxy chickies!

Ags: I totally understand about the hubby situation. My fiance is like that also. We had many arguements about it. I did realize I was spending way too much time on the pc. When I did rescue work I was always on the pc and never got anything else done.

And the coughing thing...I understand completely! I did that in a restaurant once when I was laughing way too hard. Talk about embarrassing. I'm glad you went to your weigh in afterall. 1 pound! That's awesome babe! I have my 3FC on my blackberry as well. I use mine under the browser.

Fun: how did the interview go? And the 2 lb lose whoo hoo! You go girl!!

CJ: the gallery must have been so happy you saved them so much moola!

Dev: what cardio do you do? 1 1/2 hours that's super awesome!

Learn: I love that name peanut! Your puppy must have had a ball in the water! When will you know the results from your blood work? Fingers crossed that everything is ok!!

Nooch: ugh! I hate ear infections. Are you taking anything to clear it up? I hope it clears up soon.

Leslie: that's a great idea using a pedometer! 15000 steps, holy Hannah!! You rock!

Hot: oh that aunt flo! She sure knows when to visit at the wrong times. Flo decided to visit a few days after my fiance came home. Now that he's leaving so is she lmao!! Good luck at weigh in!

Now for me...
I had to see the chiropractor again today. This time for my neck! While I was at work I was laughing and I guess moved my head the wrong way and threw my neck out of whack! I was glad I went instead of waiting till Monday. It was out plus my doc said I had tons of muscle knots in my neck. He massaged them out (thank god) and put my neck back in. He said I have to relax more, apparently I'm too tense lol. And here I thought I was pretty relaxed.

My positives for today are 1) that I made an appointment for an hour massage on Wednesday 2)I plan on relaxing this weekend!

My fiance is on his annual camping/fishing trip with the boys (the girls go on our trip to the states shopping in 2 weeks). But the bad thing is, he comes back Sunday and leaves on Monday for 3 more weeks. I guess its true what they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder".

Anyways babes, keep up the awesome work!!
Closed Thread