Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #211  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Thanks so much Learn, Devsmama and CJZee!

Learn - That is wonderful that you reconnected with an old friend!

Congrats for staying on track

Devsmama - Wonderful workout!

dgramie - Woo, 2 pounds down!

CJZee - We're saving a seat for you in Onederland

My positive - I started a new weight training routine yesterday and even though I am sore as heck today, it feels great
Old 08-13-2009, 09:49 AM   #212  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

POSITIVE:I am still motivated to lose since June.I know it was because of Ags and this thread that kept me going in the beginning.{And of course God},who puts people in our life in different ways. Things in my life were pretty bleak.This was just about the only positive things I was hearing. So I kept coming ,and sometimes just reading everyone's positives for the day.It helped put me in the right frame of mind to continue.If not I don't think I would have lost weight this summer.Thanks Ags and everyone on this thread!
P.S.:I love color and why would caps bother anyone? Sometimes people need to just CHILL!

Last edited by Tracy; 08-13-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:03 AM   #213  
Resident Pixie

Great Tracy!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #214  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

LOL @ Tracy!! I'm so glad you stuck around!!! This thread is so powerful, I love coming here and miss it when I'm gone. I've been thru some crazy stuff recently and just peaking in and reading what you guys were saying helped me keep my head. At some point I will talk about it, but not right now. But anyway....Onederchic..I will see you in onderland in 19lbs!!! Look out sista!!!!

Last edited by Devsmama; 08-13-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #215  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Good day my positive friends! (omg a transformer smilie! lol)

betty & onederchic: I know I will stop smoking at some point. I just need to take one thing at a time right now, and weight loss is the elephant in the room at this point (so to speak lol). I am down to less than a half pack a day - have not been over that since pre-kids. Making the "go outside" rule has helped quite a bit!! I hate hot weather and extremely cold weather, so during summer and winter I feel like it is just not worth it to go outside that often just to smoke. It's a mind game for me, but it helps! betty - it is so good to know there is someone else here in the same boat as me! Eventually both you and I will rock that boat.

maria: So good to see you pop in. When life gets back to normal, it will be good to see you posting again!

learn: Glad your mom's doc visit went okay! Also, great about finding your long lost friend - awesome that you can reconnect! Your vegetable soup sounds delicious - I am going to try my hand at a recipe I saw on here for roasted vegetable soup soon.

Devsmama: OH I completely forgot about the lemon juice thing!!! Thank you so much for reminding me. I thought I had a lemon floating around in the drawer in the fridge, but I must have thrown it out. I am going to get some and keep them on hand in the fridge for times like this. Great idea!

dgramie: That is what it's all about - being consistent and just keeping it going. Good job!!

CJ: Elliptical is supposed to be low impact for the joints. I have had a knee replacement and it is what they used for part of my physical therapy afterwards. I fell in love with that machine! I do know that it is fine for my knees, but I have heard the same from a few others about the knee thing. I burn a lot more calories on the elliptical though, as compared to the same time on the treadmill.

Onederchic: Sore is good when weight training! That means whatever you did is working - building those muscles takes time, but from the pics I have seen it is well worth it! I have also heard that you get used to the sore factor, and actually like it after awhile because it indicates you are doing it right. Right now, I don't like the sore factor much.

Tracy: Way to go staying motivated!! I feel the same as you - 3FC and the people here are a BIG part of staying motivated and on plan! I feel blessed to have found this place.

As for me, I am on plan and about to go do my dumbbell sets.. it's strength for me today. Then some house cleaning and later on I am taking the kids to hit the library! Going to look up some good fiction books I have seen mentioned here.

Let's beat that fat into submission today!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #216  
Resident Pixie

Hotwings - Haha..I don't like the sore factor much either but I like the fact that I am doing things to change my body for the better

Have a fun workout!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #217  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Today is another day filled with pain. I saw the chiropractor today, and he said its getting better but NOT to try and staighten my back. I guess my spine (where I slipped the disc) has a muscle spasm to worry about and once that is out of the way it will be fine. I go back again today for "warrenty" work, meaning I don't have to pay again today!! Yippee!!! I suppose thats my positive...oh ya, another one is that I can access 3FC from my phone!!! I love it!!!! This way if I ever need that extra support or motivation I'm only a phone away lol.

Learn: Here in Winnipeg, a pack of smokes cost $10 a pack!!!! I know its brutal!!! Thats my main reason for quitting. I just can't afford it.

Can't sit much longer to do personals. Gotta lay down now.

Later ladies (and thanks for the support)
Old 08-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #218  
Eyes on the Prize

betty: I have been there on the back thing! It started one morning when I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom because I had overslept and was late for work. I couldn't get up off the toilet. Same thing - spasms, slipped disc.. it was awful. Take care of yourself and do whatever the doc says... do you have some muscle relaxers you are taking? They helped me a lot. VERY cool that you can get to 3FC on your phone

Alrighty.. I am off to pump some iron
Old 08-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #219  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

I cannot believe I typed my whole post and yet again it has dissappeared and it was soooooo GOOD!

I will try this again and hope I can remember all I had said.

Onederchick,You were first, I finally got to see your progress pic and they are outstanding. You have done a fabulous job and hopefully I can follow your lead. I know this is not a easy journey, but I sure do get frustrated, and sometimes, just sometimes, you wonder if you can really do this, and then someone like you comes along and you realize that it is within your reach. Some days are brighter than others, and somedays are easier than others, I just have to remember to stay focus and motivated, for the outcome on the other side is waiting and Lord knows I really need to get there. So thank you for being here, thank you for your pics, and thank you for motivating me. I needed the nudge.

Hottie and Rena, One thing at a time, one day at a time and all these things shall come to past. In due time and in due season. We will just have to hold hands and pull each other along when one gets tired and never ever let go. Rena that care of that back, we need you!!!

Maria
, glad to see your bright and smiling face, you give me a smile every time I see ya. Come when you can and we will be right here waiting.

Learn, We all know how family can be, take it with a grain of salt. Believe you me, Your Mom knows that she could not have had a better daughter, and somewhere deep in heart she knows that you are doing all you can do and doing it well. Have peace my darling in your mind and heart, and know that you have done, and God will show you favor.
Now let's see, you found your bestest LOL friend,(I think I am jealous) LOL, took your Mom to the doc and got a good report and you, well you always stay on track. Sounds like some really great POSITIVES to me. We will pray about the rain. It has been raining like crazy here for the last week and it does not look like it is going to stop, so maybe you will get a clear day. One can only hope.

Shia, thank you so much for the water retention recipe, I am all over that As far as your your wokout You are BeastMaster when it comes to exercise Now make sure you tell that handsome young man of yours his Auntie says Hi

Dgram, I am just so happy that you are here and estatic over your two pounds released. You work it girl!!!! Praying all is well with your DH.

CJ,
You always have such good advice and I love your stories!! Got any new ones, I could use one right about now. Now get it to the gym girlie and you will do fine.

Tracy, my love you hold a special place in my heart, know that you are doing well and I will always be right here to support and encourage you.

Well I thought I was gong outside but the thunder and lighting has arrived so maybe not. Therefore my positive will be to stay home and read and spend some time with the Good Man Upstairs. I can't get amy better than that. I will be back later cause the strom is upon uHey anyone heard from Bite?

Love, hugs and blessings to you all,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-13-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #220  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Okay I give up trying to fix this post, sorry some of the writing is so small, for some reson I cannot get it right.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #221  

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
Okay I give up trying to fix this post, sorry some of the writing is so small, for some reson I cannot get it right.

That's O.K. I like it. It has Ag's written all over it!!!

I'm sorry I just couldn't resist. I just adore you Ags, your my favorite neighbor!

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 08-13-2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: spelling! Or lack of it!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #222  
Resident Pixie

Ags - Thank you so very much. That means a lot to me. Yes, this journey is hard but so very worth it. We're here for each other and that helps a lot. Stay safe from the storms
Old 08-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #223  
Eyes on the Prize

Ags: I hope you stayed in out of the rain and that you had a wonderful time reading that ... good book Sounds like a very peaceful positive to me!

Well, ladies.. I have surprised myself today. I am about to say good-bye to my baggy 28's! I put on my 26's this morning, and though they are still a bit tight just below the waist (curse you baby belly - go away! ) they are wearable and I wore them to the library today. WoOoOOOOooooO! Even though I can wear them fine, I am going to wait until they get a bit looser in that tummy part.. then I will say I am "officially" out of 28s. Next up: making the 26s loose.. they will cry for mercy to not be trashed.. but I will TRASH THEM ANYWAY! Muahahahahahahaha!!!!

*ahem*.. moving along. Shia.. how much lemon do you add to your water?? I got some lemons and put the juice of half a lemon with 32 oz. of water.. it was quite lemony! Is that enough lemon.. or should I add more??
Old 08-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #224  
Resident Pixie

Congrats HotWings!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:06 PM   #225  
Eyes on the Prize

Thanks Onederchickipooooooo !!

And I forgot one thing earlier.. Ags said she wanted a story, and I am sure CJ has one!! But.. I think you will enjoy this.

Today I was wearing my FAT PANTS. These are some knit crop pants, that even at my highest weight were a bit loose. They are years old, but I have kept them around to wear around the house, mainly because they make me feel thin. lol! The crotch now hangs down half way to my knees. So I was in the kitchen and was expecting a call, so I stuck the cordless house phone in my pants pocket and was walking to the computer room to check posts on 3FC. I had go through the living room where my kids were watching a movie. Well, I am walking along and I started to feel that side of my pants going down. At this point, I should have held them up, but me being me.. I decided to walk FASTER to the computer room before they fell down. By the time I reached the door, they were at my knees and my big ol' white behind was showing in all its glory!! Blinding white. I think I even scared myself. I thought my 6yo was going to injure herself laughing. I am so glad there was no one else here at the time!!! Somehow, I am always caught naked. I think it is a conspiracy.
Closed Thread