Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Oh, thank goodness ... Learn and Ags are back! Thanks for your MIA post, Learn. It is very nice to feel wanted on a thread. And -- Ags -- at least you popped in for a millisecond! Better than nothing!

Learn
-- even though your overall cholesterol hasn’t gone down, were any of the components of it better? Like, were your triglycerides lower or your HDL higher? I don’t disagree with taking statins (cholesterol medication) but I always look at the components of cholesterol because even if your overall number is high, the other numbers are really more important.

So ...disability. Wow. I forget, were you in an accident? Would you get disability from social security or whatever? Good luck with whatever path is right for you.

Sara -- I cannot believe that there was a knock-down at the wedding! OMG! What was it about? And a big congrats on losing almost 50 lbs. to date. That is fantastic!

HotWings -- you are crazy busy. Concentrate on getting those kids schooled and that hubby loved up. And a little exercise. We’ll be here next week, waiting for you!

Nooch
-- I read your “whoosh” thread elsewhere on 3FC. You poor girl. BTW, I often think doctors are idiots when it comes to weight loss and what people should be eating. I mean, I’m not expert, but if you’re sick you should eat adequate calories of good foods instead of going too low. And ... a mini rant here ... doctors all act like we're stupid. It just drives me nuts. Just because I'm fat doesn't mean I don't understand how to get thin. I just don't do it (well, I am now, but it is very very difficult).

I want to know how the medical community can help me from being hungry. I want to know how the medical community can help me from feeling the unrelenting pull of food. I want to know how the medical community can help me stop eating when my body seems to want to eat more.

Ok ... off the rant now ...
And ... by the way ... I do think you’re definitely going to get a whoosh loss once you get over your various illnesses and your body is back on track. There is no way you aren't losing weight with your calorie level at 1700.

Nonabee -- I was in Chicago last month and I loved it! It is a wonderful city. I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time in O’Hare because I’m from Iowa and you can’t get anywhere from Iowa unless you go through Chicago, so I always thought I “knew” Chicago, but I didn’t (why I thought sitting in O’Hare made me know Chicago, I still don’t understand, LOL.) Anyway, great town. BTW, what happened to your arm?????

Rena -- I want a hard massage. Sign me up!

Yesterday wasn’t so great on the eating front. I went over my calories big time. Arghghghghghg! It's not even that I went over the calories by about 400. It's that I knew I was doing it and did it anyway. I made some bad choices and I haven't done that in a very long time.

It honestly doesn't bother me if I go over calories in a planned or mindful way. Sometimes it's good to "zig" up to boost your metabolism. But when I feel that pull of food that I don't resist, that's what scares me. It's that I'm not in control. It makes me wonder when I'm done with this weight loss if I can keep it off. I will have to think on this and come up with some coping strategies (recommendations always welcome).

My positive
is today I’m doing well eating my mini-meals thus far. And I’m going to do my cardio in a few minutes. And I have every intention of being slightly under or at my calorie goal for the day.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #347  

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
Hey there doll babies,
I am sooo sorry, but I fell asleep when I got home. Took some pain pills cause my knee is off the chain and now my hands seem to be right behind them. Typing hurts really bad.

Awww, sweet Ags. You must have posted right when I was typing mine. Don't you worry about us, we are fine. Just come once a day and type two or three words until you feel better. And then type us a book, LOL!
Old 08-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 270/206/150

Height: 5-4

Hi Ya ladies, back from Vay Cay and feeling great...
I was home on Saturday, but I honestly don't know where the week went..

The cottage was awesome, and I think the Good Lord saved the best sunny week for us...
I swam everyday, and read 5 books in one week...
The beds were awfull, so hence all the reading...

Came back really relaxed and to be honest quite lazy....
I am on week 5 now post surgery and had my post appointment. The surgeon has warned me of no hard workouts for quite some time and told me to stick to just walking.... So looks like my jiggly arms will just have to fling back and forth for now....

I haven't had a chance to read all of your updates but looks like you are all doing well.
My positive is that all the extra goodies from the cottage haven't done too much damage, and I am still maintaining for now.
I am looking forward to October when i can go to the gym again...
Anyways you ladies are awesome...
Old 08-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #349  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Poopie doo's,

I back for another short post.

CJ, you are doing great and you are always keeping me laughing. Hence the book!!!! I laughed so hard I almost peed, but I was ready this time, I got my wings on. LOL LOL LOL

Looking I am so glad to hear you had such a relaxing vacation at the cottage, please promise next time you will take all of us!!!! Listen to the doctor and take things slow, we want you back totally healed. Now this, you were missed.

Learn, okay you went to the doc's and made it back. Now listen to what the doc said and do it. K????

Shia, my darling where are you????? Car 54 where are you?????

Hottie, take care of those kids, but when you get a chance, I need another funny story, K?

Well my positive for the night is................I have joy in my heart and I am going to share it with someone I meet. I want to pass the joy around.

Well taters, I going for awhile, Daddy is getting restless, might get to sneak back a little later.

Love in my heart for all of you,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-28-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:08 AM   #350  

Good Saturday Morning,
Well I guess a select few M.I.A.'s heard my shout out the day before yesterday. Thank you for coming on back to us where you belong.
Sara- WOW!!! Of all the weddings I have photographed I never experienced a wedding like that. I'm so sorry things turned bad and shame on those who fought with each other on such a blessed day. I do hope you and your family feel better soon.

Ags- You made it through a week of work, now rest those dog tired tootsies and take care of yourself. And thank you for sharing your heart full of joy!

CJ- Your right yesterday was yesterday and you shook it off and got back on plan. Oh and I wasn't in an accident or anything, but I've played hard. On top of having jobs that involved heavy lifting, I also spent many years riding horses and they are not always kind to your body. Let's just say I didn't land on my feet when thrown.

look- Ditto what Ags said. Listen to the doctor and heal . The exercise can resume later. Your doing great by maintaining for now.

As for me...
Stayed on plan with a vengeance.
Got a little exercise in by just taking a walk around the property. I didn't feel like going in the pool due to TOM coming in for a visit. I do believe he's checking out today. He never stays long, thank goodness!
Hubby surprised me with taking the weekend off. He hasn't had a day off in over a months due to problems at work that only he could tend to. Anyway we just finished a pot of coffee and I'm going back for more.
Have a great day everyone and remember...

Guardrails Up!

Later - Learn
Old 08-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #351  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Learn, sorry to hear that blood results were not what you hoped for. Hopefully that medication will sort things out for you, and youre doing the right things for yourself with the diet and exercise. What a lovely surprise having your hubby for the weekend, hope that you have some good quality time together!

Ags, you poor thing, sounds like you have quiet a lot of pain going on. Does the medication help much? Can I suggest typing with your tongue?

Looking, glad to hear you had a good time and fantastic weather! I should imagine you were very happy to get home to a good bed!

CJ, Im very pleased to have you back! I missed your posts while you were away! Dont worry too much about yesterday! I think whats fantastic is that you can see yourself were the problem is. I honestly think thats half the battle!

It was a huge shame about the wedding, my sister and I both had perfect weddings with all being well behaved, I just feel terrible my brother couldnt be allowed the same. I just hope the main person involved is ashamed of himself. Sadly there is some family squabling over it now, but I think with a little time it will all come right. But Im stopping out of it!

But on positives:

* I still had a good holiday!

* Those 3lbs I gained look to be coming off! (I do wonder if its water due to extra salt).

* Autumn is coming and I blooming well love it! Nothing like wrapping up and heading outside in autumn colours, coming home with a cold nose to a hot drink!

* I can actually see myself looking thinner in the mirror and feel proud of myself!

* Im not restarting my calorie counting until Monday, but Im very pleased that I am making the right choices and eating healthy.

Its a super day!
Old 08-29-2009, 08:17 PM   #352  

Sara -- congrats to you for having a wonderful holiday and your positive attitude. Good for you for feeling proud of yourself, you really deserve it And the key thing isn’t so much calorie counting but making those right choices. You had a lot of good practice on your trip and you did so well.

Learn -- we've got a lot of positivity going on, you’re sticking to your plan like glue! I really think that is the main thing, to work the plan and not worry about the weight. If we have a good plan, the weight will come off. Hope you had a wonderful time with your hubby

Ags
-- well, it wasn’t quite a book you wrote, maybe a short story? Or a long poem? Anyway, we’ll take what we can get, just take care of yourself, ok?

Looking
-- how is the healing going on the hernia operation? I hope that your wonderful vacation helped you rest and relax and recuperate.

Well, I have a nice positive, my lovely chicadees --
I did really well with my weight loss this week which is interesting because -- as you may recall -- this week is the experiment in eating more frequently, 4 or 5 mini-meals a day. In doing that, I also actually ate MORE calories than normal (didn’t mean to, but it’s true).

But I had a 3-pound loss week, which is really a super week for me, I’ve been averaging 1.5 lbs. I’m going to try the mini-meals again next week and try to stay in my calorie range. Or I guess it's possible my body wants me to eat more than I have been, who knows?
Old 08-29-2009, 08:19 PM   #353  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Hello, everybody! My positive for the day is that I feel better than I have felt in quite awhile. However, I am still exhausted and crawling back into the cave that is my bed.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #354  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey there girlies,

I made it here before the day was over and that is one positive for me.

My second positive is that I am going to try something new Thanks to Sara, typing with my tongue. You ladies have got to stop, you know I have a weak bladder, but Thank God again for extra long wings. Sara, I laughed sooo hard I cried, didn't pee, but I cried. My hubby thought something was wrong.

Thrid positive is that I have spent my entire day with all my family and what a joyous funfilled day it has been. We had a great dinner, daddy cooked a ham, collard greens and I made my world famous potato salad and lighten it up and no one could tell the difference.

Now for all of you,

Learn, exercise is exercise no matter how you accquire it, and spending time off with hubby, what a bonus, a great big plus. Enjoy~~~~~~

Sara, you are one of the most positive people I now and that is such a blessing to all of us. Thank you.

Okay CJ, I will work on the book, I will have to add some chapters... Big time congrats on your fantastic release. You are doing your thing without even knowing it. Get girl.

Nooch, I feel better cause you feel better. Now back to the cave for more R and R. We will be right here waiting for you. Ain't got nothing but love for ya baby.:bubbl es:

Okay, nightie night my loves, got get ready for church in the morning,

Love, peace and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-29-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:08 AM   #355  

Good Sunday Morning My Fine Friends,
It is the beginning of a brand new week and I can feel its gonna be a good one. Let's see how each of you did to finish off the week.

Sara- When you see the results of all your hard work in the mirror, it's a fantastic day. And you've got it going on with the right attitude.

CJ- Look at you, chowin' down and losing pounds. That is fantastic! 3 POUNDS!!! WOW!!!

nooch- So glad your feeling better and hopefully you can spend more time out of your cave next time.

Ags- Now remember before you do the tongue typing to get one of those plastic covers for your keyboard first. Don't want to hear in on the news that some lady in Virginia was electrocuted due to excess drool on her keyboard. And what a wonderful day you had with family. Hey what do you put in your potato salad, just curious!

As for me I had a splendid day yesterday.
My wonderful hubby had his first day off in over a month. We were gonna take a long drive, but we procrastinated and ended up just hangin' out at home. My DH did clean my bathroom floor for me and without asking. I have trouble getting down on my knees to get around the commode.
I stayed on plan for the day and was able to get in the pool to exercise. I have changed things around a bit in the pool. I have decided to stop my stomach crunchy things and baby my back and neck for a while. My neck has really been pitching me a fit lately. That's the area they will be doing the MRI of on wednesday. But the doctor is positive it's spinal stenosis like my lower spine area.
I will be weighing in a bit later before lunch, I never get on the scale right outta bed due to water retention that builds up over night while sleeping. I will come back and post my results later
Have a great day ladies and remember...

Guardrails Up!!!

Later - Learn
Old 08-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #356  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Only have a couple of minutes cos I really need to get to bed .. another long day tomorrow ..
BUT .. I have 2 bits of good and positive news ..
1 - (and this isnt the really good news lol) .. Im in TWO-TOWN!!! and heading in the right direction .. and when I was changing the window display before opening the shop this week a guy I hadnt seen for about a year walked by and didnt recognise me!!! lol .. what a great feeling to be forgotten cos you look so different!!

2 - and the best news .. (okee .. so a little shocked and worry .. but over that now and am elated .. ) .. Im gonna be a granny!!! Not sure about he granny before 40 lol .. but Im really excited about it and it just makes my new journey even more important cos I want to be there for my grandchild and have the energy to chase after him/her ... due round my or my dads birthday next year hehehe .. I will lose the weight and my daughter will add it on rofl ... fair enough considering the majority of the weight I put on was when I had her hehehe ...

cripes almost 1am and i have to get up in a few hours lol .. just had to pass on my news ... a new life to go with a new life journey .. what could be a better sign??

huggies all will try to catch up when i get home from work ... if im awake lol
Old 08-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #357  
Chi-town's finest!

S/C/G: 308/302/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooch View Post
Nonabee - PM me anytime!
I will. Thanks Nooch! Hope you get better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post

nonabee- Did I miss something? Did you get hurt? What happened?You must feel better soon!!!
Later - Learn
Learn, you obviously missed my entire post, cause I even asked you a question. The joints in my right arm and left knee have been bothering me. I was telling you that DWTS is my favorite show too, and asked who was your favorite professional?

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post

Hey Nona, we all missed you so much. Now do not keep me in such suspense, what was the Grade, an A right? Blessings to you and the new class
Nope Ags, I actually received an "I" for incomplete. Because my arm started giving me trouble the week our forms and papers were due, I never made it up to my school after work on that Friday. The good thing about receiving incompletes is that you have until the end of the following semester to turn in whatever's missing in order to receive your proper letter grade or else the "I" will turn into an "F".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post
Nonabee -- I was in Chicago last month and I loved it! It is a wonderful city. I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time in O’Hare because I’m from Iowa and you can’t get anywhere from Iowa unless you go through Chicago, so I always thought I “knew” Chicago, but I didn’t (why I thought sitting in O’Hare made me know Chicago, I still don’t understand, LOL.) Anyway, great town. BTW, what happened to your arm?????
I'm glad you enjoyed Chicago! I hope you get a chance one day to thoroughly enjoy it (at least visit our downtown area), because being out by O'Hare doesn't do this city justice. LOL - As far as my arm is concerned, I have a pinching sensation every time I raise or turn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightkatt View Post
Im gonna be a granny!!!
Congratulations Nightkatt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuomiSara View Post
It was a huge shame about the wedding, my sister and I both had perfect weddings with all being well behaved, I just feel terrible my brother couldnt be allowed the same.

But on positives:

* Autumn is coming and I blooming well love it! Nothing like wrapping up and heading outside in autumn colours, coming home with a cold nose to a hot drink!
Sara, I'm so sorry such a beautiful day was turned disastrous by idiots. On another note, I absolutely love the Fall too. The colors, slight chill, coming in and warming up! LOL
Old 08-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #358  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonabee View Post
Learn, you obviously missed my entire post, cause I even asked you a question. The joints in my right arm and left knee have been bothering me. I was telling you that DWTS is my favorite show too, and asked who was your favorite professional?
I'm sorry, you did ask me that. O.K. My favorite female dancer is
Edyta Silwinska, she's partnered with Ashley Hamilton (George Hamilton's son)
and my favorite male dancer is Tony Dovolani, he's partnered with Kathy Ireland. I will have to also root for Kym Johnson because she's paired with my childhood crush Donny Osmond (Puppy Love).
Old 08-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #359  

Can I have your attention please! A few days ago I said that I was having an awesome week with my eating and that I was bound and determined to rid myself of this extra water weight I have been holding onto for over 3 weeks. I started last sunday at 293.5 lbs. and today I weighed....

Are you ready for this?

279.1 lbs. / 14.40 pounds lost

I am beside myself silly with excitement! I think I even threw my shoulder out trying to pat myself on the back!

I am dancing as I type right now, I am so ecstatic.

Did I mention how excited I was?

Old 08-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #360  

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post

279.1 lbs. / 14.40 pounds lost

I am beside myself silly with excitement! I think I even threw my shoulder out trying to pat myself on the back!

I am dancing as I type right now, I am so ecstatic.

Did I mention how excited I was?

OMG! OMG! How on earth did you do this????? You are so amazing!!! That is totally awesome. Dance! Dance! Dance! You so deserve it!
Closed Thread