Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #241  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi beautiful buddies!

And I do mean that. Each and every one of you ARE beautiful. Remember that - you are beautiful and you DESERVE to be happy and healthy!

Fungirl: Awesome loss in inches! And I love the idea about telling yourself you can have it tomorrow. I am definitely going to remember that one. At the end of the day, after the kids have gone to bed, I find myself wanting something to eat even though most of my calories are taken for the day. I think it is just a habit that is dying harder than the other eating habits. Most nights I fight it off and just go to sleep. Other nights I go to the kitchen and get a little something that is on my plan. But I *know* I am not really hungry.. I just want something. Thinking about it and then telling myself I will have it tomorrow will work! Plus its more positive - instead of beating myself and trying to tell myself NO.. I can say YES.. just tomorrow.

Ags: LOL .. I do not know what is up with me and the nudity thing. But since you wanted more.. here you go. I do have another story from something that happened last week (no nudity!) that is more embarrassing than the others. I can't bring myself to type it yet, though. Maybe in another week. LOL! OMG.

learn: Glad the outing with your mom went fine! Good that you treat yourself now and then, too - I have decided to set up Sunday as my treat day. If I want something I am not going to worry about the calories. I think it will actually help my metabolism, too. I have been putting the juice of half a lemon (although one time I did a whole lemon) in about 32 oz. of water. I did that for about 2/3 of my total water for the day. But, I think doing it for all the water would be better. My skin is less "tight" today, so I know I am losing the water I was retaining. Still just a bit tight.. going to do it again today. One tip - can't remember where I heard it - is to slice the lemon and put it in the microwave for 20 seconds or so.. then it is easier to squeeze all the juice out! It works, too. I think I will continue with the lemon water for about 1/3 of my total water after today.. I think that might help prevent it from happening again.

Nightkatt: It's great to see another person who is losing her pants. At least you held on to yours. lol Recovering in less time is very nice as well.. keep it up!

CJ: GREAT realization for your positive today! Sometimes I wonder that myself.. I have to dig deep inside myself and be my own drill instructor - usually I ask myself "How bad do you want it? Prove it." That usually works, although not all the time.

dgramie: YOU WILL DO IT!! You can, and you will.

Onederchic: Awesome!!! That is a tough one and you are nailing it to the wall - great job!

As for me: The scale gods did indeed smile upon me and I have lost 3 more pounds! SO nice after a week of no loss! I am taking my kids to see GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra this afternoon. I am saving calories for a small unbuttered popcorn. One can hardly expect oneself to smell that deliciousness and not get anything.

Also, I am revamping my weight lifting & cardio in light of things I read in "Body for Life" (Bill Phillips). My eating plan is almost exactly the same, so I will leave that part alone.. but he had some good points about the other part. So my other positive is I spent some time yesterday sort of mapping out a new plan.

Talk with you all later, chicks - be good to yourselves!
Old 08-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #242  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Well Good Afternoon Ladies,

And a good and wonderful afternoon it is!!!!! It was actually morning when I first started reading the posts of today and then DH sidetracked me. He cooked breakfast for me and wanted me to sit down and eat with him and so I did. First positive of the day!!!

Then is was back to reading, and now it is time for our SHOUTOUTS of THE DAY!!!!!

DownSize,
I am so sorry that you had such a hard week of work, but you had the stamina to push thru and are still alive to tell the story. But the best part is you resisted you usual reactions to a week of work such as this. You know what you would have done and did not fall prey to it this time. Such Will Power, you are doing fan tas tic!!!! Wa to go girl!!!!!

Learn,
Happy everything worked out with Mom and you darling's made it. Glad also you convincenced her she needed more clothes. That's alright though because she was trying to do it by herself. Way to go Mom.
Oh my goodness, a SNICKERS bar, my absolute favorite candy bar, I would put mine in the fridge first to let it get really cold and then devour it!!! STOP STOP STOP, I can't think about it anymore, I am getting weak in the knees. LOL LOL

Nightkatt,
WELCOME, WELCOME, AND WELCOME again.
First let me say, 10 out of 12 days straight, I would be DEAD!! What determination you have, and glad your recovery time is getting so much better. Oh no, another Diva losing her pants, what shall we do, I know I am buying all of you ladies suspenders. LOL LOL But you are right, that is certainly a POSITIVE!!!

CJ,
I totally understand, I too need to be pushed and sometimes, oh heck most of the time would need to be watched to make sure I get certain things accomplished, especially exercise!!!! At least we know this and acknowledge it and take the proper steps to ensure it. Keep that Trainer chickie.!!!! He is a Godsend!!!

Dgram,
Thank you for clearing that up for us. I like it, I like it alot. And you will do it again. Go for it girl!!

Oneder,
Now that is what I am talking about!!!!! Maybe one day I won't either. LOL

Second positive, my youngest daughter is moving out (yet again) on Monday, and I refuse to cry. I will miss her, was just getting use to her being back home, but I will let her go. I know that as far as being stable that she is not ready but she does not listen, come on she is 21 and knows everything, so she thinks, but it is her life and I guess she will have to learn that on her own. And I am going to let her.

Well that is it for now, will check back in later.

To all of our MIA's, please know that you are missed and are being thought of. Nona, hope your class is almost over. Thighs, stop playing with my emotions, get back here, Shia, oh Shia where are you, Jac, I miss you, can you please come home, Mainah, sweet Mainah, just a drive by please. Hope you all are well.

Hugs, love, and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-15-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #243  
Eyes on the Prize

Ags: DH cooked you breakfast?!?! I would take that any day! And your youngest daughter.. oh how I dread the day my kids actually are old enough to move out. Such a stresser - but you are handling it SO very well. Proud of you! You are right about letting her learn her lessons - it is just hard to do for a mom.

BTW.. you and I are exactly the same weight now according to our tickers. Are you up for a challenge??? We could make it a race to see who can get below 300 first. Want to? (It's okay if you don't! )
Old 08-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #244  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey Ladies,

Well, my back is still not a 100% but its getting there (slowly). I was on a bit of an emotional rollar coaster the past couple of days. I'm gonna try to stay positive (but trust me, its a chore).

My positives....
1* My fiance is almost home!!! Only 2 hours away!!! I haven't seen him in almost 3 weeks!!!! I'm so happy!!!

2*I checked his benefits that we are covered for AND get this...we are covered for: $500/yr chiropractor, $500/yr MASSAGE therapist, $500/yr accupuncture, and stopping smoking tools!!!!

I think I'm really gonna be taking advantage of these things (especially the massage, when my back is in place again).

Take care ladies, and thanks for the well-wishes!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

My positive for today I lost the last pound and a half of my ten pound goal, now fifteen more of those ten lb mini goals and I'll be where I want to be...wow that doesn't look like a lot as opposed to saying 150 more to go ,so for now on I'll be like okay that's fifteen more ten lb mini goals. anyway Good job on the goals and keep on trucking .

Oh also can't wait until I can have my own ticker and mini goal counters yours are so darling.

Last edited by TracyB73; 08-15-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #246  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Way to go Tracy!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:36 PM   #247  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

HotWings - hope you had fun at the movies and GRATS ON THE LOSS

Ags - your husband sounds so sweet! That must have been great And hopefully your daughter will be able to handle it - I'm wishing good thoughts for her!

betty - that sounds fabulous! definitely take advantage of it if it's there!

Tracy - congratulations! It really does sound better saying 10 pounds a bunch of times rather than 150 pounds - I find it so daunting otherwise but when I think oh, I'm 1/7th of the way there I feel powerful!

My positives for the day... I had a super negative cloud hanging over me yesterday & most of today (student loan debt, general brokeness, will I get into grad school, is my husband lying to me about his future plans, is my granadma okay living alone - some really heavy stuff, some of which is completely out of my control) but I cleaned the house a bit, washed my hair, put on some makeup and had lunch at a restaurant by myself. And it was within my calories! Six years ago I was 80 pounds lighter but I never, ever would have been able to eat at a restaurant by myself - I couldn't even go into restaurants I had such bad panic attacks. I also took a picture of myself with my new-ish glasses on and I know you guys will understand that I'm not bragging but merely claiming what has been denied to me as a fat girl... I'm so pretty and I spend so much time giving myself crap. I'm done with that. I may never be like my optimistic to the point of complete delusion husband, but I am going to stop snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #248  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey babies,

Hottie,
I do not do well with competition, I am so sorry, but I will push and push and push and cheer and cheer you to get there!!!

Rena,
sounds like you have got all of your bases covered. Do your thing Miss Thang!!!!

TracyB,
I love the way you put that too, it makes it seem so much more reachable. And WELCOME to the POSITIVE THREAD!!!! So happy to have you here with us. Take your shoes off and stay awhile, while we get to know each other.

Nooch,
All I can say is Hot Da*mn, you have got it going on girl, I especially love the part, but I am going to stop snatching defeat from the jaws of VICTORY!!! I love it. You are growing by Leaps and Bounds. Way proud of you girl.

Well ladies it's a wrap for me tonight, gotta go and hit the hay, it's church in the morning and fun fun fun for the rest of the day.

Sweet dreams my lovelie's. Hugs, love and many blessings,
Ags
Old 08-16-2009, 04:50 AM   #249  

Good Sunday Morning and Good Morning Fellow 3FCers,
Hey we got some new kids on the block, so I shall start with them first.

NightKatt- Welcome to our thread. I do believe you were almost caught with your pants down. I chuckle so hard when I read that. Thank you for the early morning laugh! I see you've been with 3FC for a while, but welcome to our neck of the woods, the positive thread. It's all about positives, motivation and support from friends.

TracyB73- Welcome to you also. Wow your on a roll, 10 pounds already. Your working it girl. And your right, you only have 15 of those teensy weensy little mini goals left and I do believe you'll do it.

betty- So glad the benefits are going to cover the chiropractor. Hang in there girl your sweety is on his way home. Well actually he should be home by now!

HotWings- Congratulations on the 3 pound lose. Way to go!!! By the way, how was G.I. Joe? Aside from gorgeous!!!

Ags- You can't tell a 21 year old anything, you should know that. They think your crazy. When my dad past away 9 years ago I wrote a short story about the different stages I went through in my life and how I felt about my dad during each of those stages. Of course I couldn't read it in front of everyone, but my husband did and everyone was in tears. Hang in there nieghbor and she'll realize how darn smart Mommy and Daddy are later on down the line.

CJ- Great positive! You realize that you are human and every once in a while we need a little help from an outside source. A little push! Go for it baby!

dg- Perfectly On Plan = POP. I like that!

One- Two months of no excuses!!! Another reason you are my hero!!!

Oh boy, it's my turn!!!

Positive #1 - I stayed (as dgramie would say) POP!
Positive #2 - Treated my mom and I to Pita Pizza's yesterday for lunch. They were so good. Pita bread, a little tomato sauce, low fat mozz. cheese, and turkey pepperoni. Yum Yum!!!
Positive #3 - No rain, but it sure did thunder and lightning a lot, so no pool exercises. But I was so busy cleaning yesterday that I didn't even worry about it. I vacuumed again. I'm a vacuum-a-holic, by the way! It helps keep the creepy crawly critters that the dogs bring in the house under control. And believe it or not I actually change the vacuum bag after each use. Otherwise the creepy crawler crawl back out and into your carpet and pets.

That's it for me girls. I hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday and remember...

Guardrails Up!

Later - Learn
Old 08-16-2009, 08:53 AM   #250  
Resident Pixie

Leanring - that pizza sounds divine..where's my piece?

My positive is I woke up this morning and I am alive and on my way to a healthier me. How can I not be excited?
Old 08-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #251  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Onederchic -- you are a positive force to be reckoned with !

Hotwings -- Do you like that “Body for Life” book? I hate to admit this, but I think I have it somewhere around here, a doctor told me to buy it probably 7 years ago. Of course, I bought it but didn’t do anything with it. The difference this time is ACTION.

Often people say that “you have to feel good before you can be productive” whereas I believe the reverse -- “being productive makes me feel good.” Just insert the word “active” vs. “productive” and I think that is true too. It’s the old “Fake It ‘Til You Make It” philosophy, which I believe also. The key is translating beliefs into activity, and sometimes when I get down that's hard for me. (That's when Nike's "Just Do It" ad comes to mind )

Speaking of books, I have heard very good things about “Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle” and “The Body Fat Solution” by Tom Venuto. The former is an “e-book” and the latter a regular book. Have you heard of these? He has a paid website, but there are some free articles on it, most of which I found to be quite good.
Ags -- your DH sounds wonderful. Thanks always for the wonderful vibes. I miss Mainah too, do we know where she is?

Rena -- sounds like your getting better inch-by-inch and I hope now you are happily in your fiance's arms!

Tracy
-- way to go with the mini-goals! WooHoo to the POUND and a HALF!

Nooch -- you are taking control of your life and the restaurant meal by yourself is a huge breakthrough! My sincere congratulations. And you are very pretty.

Learn -- Congrats on staying on your plan. What plan are you following? And those Pita Pizza’s sound yummy, I will have to try them ... do you broil them or what? And I do notice you are a vacuum-a-aholic, and now I know why!

My positive -- yesterday I seemed to have shed this funk I have been in for the past week or so. I feel good and happy and when I feel like this I always do well (self-fulfilling prophecy I hope!)

Last edited by CJZee; 08-17-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #252  
Resident Pixie

That is great CJ!
Old 08-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #253  
Eyes on the Prize

Hi Divalicious Babes!

betty: I am thinking we won't see you much in the next few days. lol Glad your honey has come home! VERY nice that your insurance will take care of all of that!

TracyB: Way to reach that goal! You did it! I do that to.. the weight I need to lose is such a high number. But I do mine in 20 lb increments - right now I think .. all I have to do is what I just did 8 more times! Doesn't seem nearly so daunting.

Nooch: So many stresses - you stressed me out just reading it. lol .. but I am loving that attitude! Don't deny yourself that victory!!!

Ags: I completely understand. Don't worry a thing about it - I have another friend or two that feels the same way about competition!

learn: Way to stay POP That pita pizza does sound delicious!!! I use a tortilla as the crust for mine - the pitas I have bought in the past are very dry to me - is there a particular brand I should look for? And GI Joe was great!! VERY action packed. There was one very small spot after about an hour that I looked at my watch (usually indicates to me that it got a little slow).. otherwise nothing but ACTION ACTION ACTION - my kids loved it! It also has a few flashbacks that give the background on some of the main characters, too. Well worth going to the theatre to see - your son would probably really dig it. I think the PG-13 rating was for a couple swear words & violence. No jumpin into bed goin on anywhere!

Onderchic: Onederful! Way to stay positive - so motivating that you know that you are doing the right thing and you are healthier because of it.

CJ: Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle literally turned me around. It was my "tipping point". That is where I discovered why diets did not work for me in the past. For me, it was negative thoughts about myself bombarding me all day long. I didn't even realize I was doing it that much, until I thought about all my previous diets. It is when I let those thoughts overtake me that I failed. So, that ebook has a very special place in my heart. I am purchasing "The Body Fat Solution" today, because my local library doesn't carry it. I can't wait to read it! "Body for Life" was a terrific read as well - Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle, Body Sculpting Guide for Women & Body for Life are ALL the same basic eating plan.. only very minor differences. Out of all of them, though.. you will find that Tom Venuto does an absolutely awesome job on the motivation and goal setting part. I have heard that his Body Fat Solution book goes into even more detail than his ebook regarding those. I don't know if his latest book is better on the exercise/weight lifting part than his ebook.. but I like Body for Life for that part. Body for Life emphasizes building to high intensity & working cardio for a shorter time, rather than just doing the same thing and adding more time to it. Seems like it is more of a "work smarter, not harder" plan to me.

For me so far: Today is my "free" day. I woke up this morning, started the pot of coffee and thought to myself.."Self, what would you like to eat today. You can have annnnnything you want for breakfast." I thought a couple minutes, looked in the fridge.. in the cupboards... and you know what? I didn't want anything but my usual OP breakfast. So I am claiming that as a positive!! Obviously, I have been OP for so long that it is stuck in my head - a GOOD EATING HABIT! And you know, I can't think of one thing that I would want today that is not OP. It feels strange.. like the way I ate before is somehow foreign to me now. I don't know how that happened - but I LIKE IT. I promised the kids I would take them out to dinner tonight. I dunno where it will be, but I will likely not be OP for that meal. We'll see what my tummy/brain tells me.

Keep up the good fight!!

Last edited by HotWings; 08-16-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #254  
Resident Pixie

That is a wonderful positive HotWings!!
Old 08-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

Good Morning ladies!

Betty grrl- I know it's tough now but I'm glad that you're focusing on the positives. We're here for ya

Nooch- Way to go! Sometimes we are on own worst critics and we fail to see all the positive aspect of ourselves because we're so focused on the negatives. It's great when we start seeing all the good because we're getting rid of all the bad.

Learning- That pita pizza sounds great! I'm going to have to try that.

Onderchic- I love the way you think! My mom noticed that I'm not grumpy in the mornings anymore. I think it because now I wake up energetic instead of lethargic,lol.

Ok...my turn
So I met with the trainer and she showed me all the different circuit machines and how to use them. She also showed me how to work on my rotator cuff to make it stronger. She told me that if I have any questions to just ask because she's always in the gym. She's been a trainer for over 20 years and she looks great! Ok ladies, I'm off to my workout and then Trader Joe's. Talk to ya later
Closed Thread