Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #226  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

I am HOME!!! It was fantastic and I don't have personals today 'cause I can't get caught up but I'll be back to personals tomorrow!

Anyway, my positives for the day are that the airline brought our bag to the house today (we barely made our flight & came about 5 minutes from sleeping in the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport on Wednesday but our bag was somewhere in the void) and I didn't have to drive to the airport and that on my first day back I stayed within my calories! I ate at maintenance the entire vacation (I do think I went over two of the days but overall the gain should be negligible) and I was worrying that I would have a hard time adjusting from maintenance level to loss-level again but nope, I'm good!

Hope you all had a lovely day!
Old 08-14-2009, 05:08 AM   #227  

Good morning ladies,
It's finally friday and the weekend is upon us. Hey we had a good turn out yesterday. One of my favorite people returned after a bit of an absence (Maria). This thread is like the bar called Cheers, we come here because it's a place where everybody knows your name and their always glad you came. DANG IT! I'm gonna be humming that tune all day!

Maria- Again, it is so good to have you back, I have missed you.

Shia- Your just a little powerhouse aren't you. Someday I'll get that devoted to exercise. By the way what is the distilled water to lemon juice ratio on the water retention recipe?

dg- There you go, down 2 and back in the swing of things.

CJ- How was that workout at the gym.

One- Every time I try a new exercise and feel sore the next day I know it worked and I found a new muscle that was M.I.A.

Tracy- Your right this place rocks with positive vibes and I know it keeps me going from day to day.

HotWings- My son thought the Transformer Smiley was sooooo cool. He has hundreds of Transformers. It's so funny when I buy him one at Walmart he always asks if he can open it in the car and then on the way home he goes thru the frustration of transforming it for the first time. He gets so frustrated and I have to say, "Don't worry about it, it's always hard to figure out the first time." And of course he gets it and all is calm in Transformer land.
Roasted vegetables are so good. My favorite are cauliflower, broccoli and brussel sprouts.
Went to the library yesterday also to get my son the second book in a trilogy he started last month and would you believe they don't even carry part two or part three. What kind of a library orders 1/3 of a trilogy? I found them on Amazon, but not sure if I want to spend $40.00 with S&H and all.

betty- I'm so sorry your in pain and I hope you get some relief soon. I'm plagued with back problems and I know what your going through. OUCH!

Ags, Ags, Ags- I love your multi-colored, size enthusiastic, letter popping, jump off the computer screen posts here on 3FC. Without you there would be no Positive Uplifting Notification thread.
How was your visit with the Good Man Upstairs? Always good I'm sure.

nooch- Welcome back. Sounds like you had a great trip. The last time I flew the airline lost my luggage upon arrival and I had to go clothes shopping. Then when they delivered the bag to my hotel they missed placed it for almost another day. It sounds like you did good on your eating while away and I know that's not easy. Everything is so tempting when traveling.

Well as for me I stayed on track with my eating and plan on doing so today. The weather here has been hot, humid and rainy. Today we have a 70% chance of rain, so I will probably get rained out on my exercises in the pool again, but I'll do some yoga and some chores around the house to try and make up for it.
I hope everyone has a great day and don't forget...

Guardrails Up!!!

Later - Learn

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 08-14-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:41 AM   #228  

Height: 5'7"

I slept in a bit today and now have to rush through my coffee. Scales are the same today as yesterday but thats ok because I had a POP day.
My positive for today is that I decided to make bbq for my son and his families visit instead of going out to eat. I dont think Im ready to face the challenge yet of chosing healthy. So today will be bbq make with chicken breast ..less calorie buns(i wont have one) chips( i will eat my baked if any) deviled eggs and baked beans. I will use all the healthiest stuff in them.
Its also alot cheaper than eating out! I may see if I have the stuff to make a healthy pasta salad.
got alot of cleaning to do..hugs to all
Old 08-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 270/206/150

Height: 5-4

Hi Ladies, looks like everyone is doing so well.
I have been bummed out lately and getting frustrated just sitting around waiting to heal. Thanks for the positives everyday. Even though I did not post I still read them and was so grateful to read how everyone is doing.
AGS- I love your colorful, LARGE TEXT it was what drew my attention to this thread in the first place. You have an exceptional talent of motivating and keeping peoples spirit uplifted, Don't ever let that go!

So now that I am done feeling sorry for myself, My positive is that we are going to pack up and get ready for a weeks vacation up north, where I will sit on the dock of a cottage and read and then swim, and enjoy some R&R with hubby and son and then my daughter will join us half way thru the week..
I am still maintaining my weight and haven't budged really so that is a good thing, until i can manage to exercise again.
Have a great day ladies.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Tracy - you are doing so great! I donít know if you remember, but I told you way back when that I knew you were going to make it! Me too.

Devsmama -- OMG - 19 pounds to Onederland. You rock (and you gotta change your ticker!)

Rena -- Donít stress your back at all today, just take it easy.

Onederchic -- you are such a super supporter, thanks!

Ags -- you sound down, it must be something in the air because I am not so peppy either. Letís make a plan to get happy and buoyant together . (PS - I think I have said before I type my entries into a word processing document which I save frequently. Then I copy and paste into the 3FC site. That way, if things go ďpoofĒ I still have my original copy, why donít you have your daughter show you how to do that. I know it is so frustrating when things disappear.)

HotWings -- good for you on the smaller pants. No mercy for those big clothes, I am going to go through my closet one of these days and trash them too. (P.S.- did you know you spelled neutral wrong in your signature? I wouldn't even say anything, but you seem very writerly. I know that's not a word, but it fits somehow, you are such a good writer. Is that what you do in real life? )

Nooch -- welcome home and congrats on doing well on your trip.

Learn -- I love that sore feeling when I exercise (a little sore, not too much. When I first started doing squats I couldn't walk down stairs because I couldn't bend my legs!). Youíre right, this thread is like Cheers, a good analogy. I want the corner stool where Norm sits. Although I would have to have a stool with a back to support my poor injured back (from the car accident).

Dgramie -- what is a POP day (perfectly on plan? peppy or poopy? pink orchid plant? potato ombudsman particular? plethora omega plump? ok, sorry, I gotta stop, LOL.) Your cooking sounds delish.

My positive is that yesterday at the gym I was jogging for quite a long time on the treadmill, maybe 5 minutes straight -- and it felt seriously good.

Before I left for my trip, I was walking on the treadmill, then forcing myself to jog a minute or maybe 90 seconds, then walking again. Previously, when I was jogging I would have to talk myself into going for 30 seconds more, and 90 seconds straight was, I think, my max.)

But for some reason yesterday the jogging felt really good and I just kept going and going. Ladies, I am not going fast in this jogging -- probably about as fast as most fit people walk -- but I was so happy it felt really good , and I got my heart rate up in the training zone which is hard for me to do with just walking.

Weight training again today -- the squats and lower body workout. The trainer makes me do 3-4 sets of 17 squats and theyíre hard for me. But perhaps Iíll be better at those too! Who knows! Wish me luck, girls
Old 08-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Default Desiderata

My positive for the day is that I re-discovered this poem, which meant a lot to me when I was a teenager and still trying to figure out who I am and my place in the world. Thought I'd share it with y'all.

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let not this blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.

Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, 1927
Old 08-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #232  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Hello, weight loss Divas!

nooch: WELCOME home!!! We have missed you around here. You maintained on vacation .. to New York no less! Now you've jumped back in and are on plan again already - girl, you are rockin this thing. I just know you will stay OP and take the pounds off!

learn: Yoga and chores sounds like a great plan since the weather is not cooperating. I'm glad your son liked the smilie - I thought it was so cute! Believe it or not, I had a similar experience yesterday at our library. They must have the smallest & most out-of-date fitness section ever. I was very disappointed that I could not find a couple of popular newer books in their collection. Not getting the rest of the books in a trilogy, though.. that has to take the cake!

dgramie: I totally know what you mean about not being comfortable making the right choices at a restaurant yet. Yesterday, when I was running errands with the kids, they were hungry and I decided to go through the Arby's drive-through on the way home. I decided to get just a sandwich - the Roast Chicken Club. It took everything in me to ask them not to put on the bacon, special sauce and swiss cheese. It's a darn good thing I did that, though.. that sandwich was 500 cals according to their nutrition pamphlet. I figure I saved about 175 cals or so on that sandwich by taking that stuff off. Good job on deciding on bbq at home instead! It's a dangerous world at some of those restaurants!!

looking
: Awesome that you have maintained your weight through all of this! A cottage sounds marvelous - I hope you have a nice, relaxing time with your family.

CJ: Jogging on the treadmill!! That is fantastic! Way to go. Thank you so much for pointing that out to me about the word "neutral" - I can't stand it when I don't spell something correctly! Neutral is one of those words that has dogged me since high school. If I write it or type it without thinking, I always spell it wrong. It doesn't follow logical spelling rules. I think it should be beaten and thrown in the dungeon until it can conform. I am a stay-at-home mom now, but in previous careers I did a lot of curriculum and tutorial writing. Also, I am a former elementary school teacher. I try not to get all caught up in this forum about punctuation, etc. - but I find myself editing my posts a lot. I guess that part of me will never die!

lady: That is one awesome poem! Thank you for sharing it here. I found myself nodding my head quite a lot as I was reading. Good stuff.

I am still feeling like I am retaining some water, though not as bad as I felt yesterday. So, I will keep on the lemon water today. It has been hot and humid here as of late.. I am starting to wonder if that has anything to do with water retention?

Will check back later - keep doin it!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

Good Morning ladies!

Just a quick post as I have to run some errands...it seems to never stop,lol.

Hot Wings- Congrats! I cant wait to be able to fit into 26's....Hopefully it won't be long now I also have pants like that. Whenever I put anything in the pockets, they start heading south. The day when I put them on and they slide right down on their own is the day that I'll get rid of them and work through another size

Ags- I love,love, LOVE your posts. Sometimes those posts are what get's me through when Im having a bad day or a crazy craving.

Nooch- Welcome back!

CJZee- Congrats on the running! I ran for the first time at the gym yesterday as I was sooo proud of myself. I could only run 2 minutes at a time, but it was great being able to.

Betty- Get well soon

Well for the last three days I've been craving some really bad food and I had caved last night and told myself that I was going to have it today for lunch...well this morning I decided to take my measurements and I had lost another 4 inches on my waist, 2 inches on my chest and 2 inches on each thigh! I only got in 2 workouts this week so far but I've been on plan with my eating. When I realized how many inches I had lost I knew I was getting closer and closer to my mini goal! I was so happy and proud and when I thought about eating the junk for lunch the craving just went away. It's really true what they say, Nothing taste as good as being thin feels! Have a good day ladies!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #234  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey darlin's,

Everything is everything!!!! What's up!!!!

My positive for the day is........I found out I do not have to go back to work until Tuesday!!!!! Yippppeeee I ohhhhhh I AAAAAA!!!!!!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Nooch is home!!! I am so happy to hear that you had an outstanding time in the BIG CITY, the BIG APPLE!!!!! But oh so glad you are back.

Dgram, girlfriend you are doing just plain long FANTASTIC!!!!! Need I say more. D, such a smart choice to cook at home in your own territory and bbque chicken sure sounds delightful to me, babe you are certainly in control, that's what I call taking the BULL by the horns. Oh Yeah!!!

Learn, how is that yoga going? Do you like it? Is it working? tell me, tell me more.

Oh Looking, I so envy you, an actual vacation away from home. To be in a cottage sitting outdoors reading a book, such tranquility and then off to take a dip in the water, what bliss. Enjoy your family and your vacation and we will be siiting right here awaiting your return for all the wonderful details.

CJ, I can always get a good chuckle from you. Yeah, what is POP? Now CJ look at you getting stronger and just getting back into the swing of things. You did a whole five minutes, WOW, I would have been dead dog tired and they would have had to call the rescue squad with paramedics. LOL No seriously!!! But not you Miss Thing, You are ROCKIN AND STILL POPPIN!!!!

Lady, oh my God, it is so good to see you again!!! That's right make me smile girl. Maybe we need to have a FAMILY REUNION!!
Thank you so much for sharing that poem, it is truly wonderful and a blessing to boot. Now I expect to see you tomorrow too, okay?

Hey there Hottie girl,
I am trying that water and lemon stuff too and I actually like the taste of it. Now that was a doozey of a story. I almost peed. I should know I cannot read your stuff and CJ's stories without some type of protection, ya'll gonna make me buy some old lady Depends yet!!! LOL LOL What's up with you and this naked thing!!!! Anything we need to know!!!

Fun, you are the bomb!!!! You kicked that craving right in the pa-toot-tie.
Way to go chickie!!! Your are today's Queen!!

Alrightie babies, that is it for now, I will check in a little later to see if any new streaking has been taking place. Ya here me Hottie girl!!

Hugs, love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-14-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #235  
ConnieLynn

S/C/G: 316/304/158

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday everyone!

My positive is that I have made it through one heck of a week at work and I stayed right on plan all week. This is really a big deal for me, because leaving work tired is my trigger to go right on down the street to the drive-thru. My reward is that the scale is still heading in the right direction.

Learn: Regarding books, don't buy them unless you need them fast. Go back to your library and tell them to get the books for you through "Interlibrary loan". All public libraries will do this. They locate the books at another library and bring them in to your library for you. Sometimes you can even do this from the web site for your local library.

ladynredd: Thanks for posting the poem!

Fungirl: Way to go on the inches and passing up the junk food

HotWings: Loved the fat pants story! Congrats on moving on down a size!

betty: Hope your back is a bit better by now.

Ags: You are the rainbow that makes this spot a happy place!
Old 08-15-2009, 05:25 AM   #236  

Good Saturday Morning Ladies of 3FC,
Well this morning Iíll try typing my post the way CJ suggested and typing it first into a word processing document and then copy & paste onto 3FC. I too have lost my whole post to losing my connection with 3FC and it is very frustration.
Iíll start personals with...
CJ- 5 minutes on the treadmill, that is fantastic. You said you did a lot of walking on your trip, Iíll bet you built up more stamina then you think. Iím glad it felt good. I try to throw in a little jog when Iím walking in the pool, but I only make it a lap or two. How did the squats go? Did those come any easier?

dg- O.K. Iím curious, what is POP? BBQ sound devine! I eat pasta salad a lot. Some times several nights in a row Iíll have pasta and broccoli for dinner.

look- Your right, healing and obeying doctors orders is very frustrating. Hang in there girl and enjoy your weeks vacation. It sounds wonderful.

lady- What a beautiful poem, thank you for sharing. And welcome back, Iíve missed you!

HotWings- Yes the humidity can make you retain water sometimes. When you drink the lemon water, do you replace all plain water with lemon water? Iím gonna pick up distilled water and need to know how much to get.

Fungirl- Way to go resisting temptation. Itís good to measure once in a while because when the scale donít move it doesnít mean all our hard work is for nothing. Congrats on the lose of inches!

Ags- Why donít we meet on your front porch with a couple of glasses of ice tea and just chat the day away. Hope your enjoying your final few days of vacation. At least you donít have to go back till tuesday. YEAH!!!

Down- Why didnít I think of the borrowing from another library thing. Iíve done it before. I will do that, thanks for reminding me. Glad your avoiding the drive thru. Take a moment to look up the nutritional content of some of that fast food. I did and it changed my mind. YUCK!

As for me, my positive(s) for yesterday are...
I survived another outing with my mom. I had to take her for lab work at 7:15 in the morning and she seemed to handle it well. Even though at first I had to convince her that a oversized tee shirt and a pair of Depends were not suitable attire to leave the house in. Although she did put her shoes and socks on.
I stayed on plan with my eating. I even saved some room to treat myself to a Snickerís candy bar in between lunch and dinner and it was awesome. Youíd laugh at the way I eat them. I eat in sections. First I eat the chocolate off the edges and then I eat the nugget, caramel and peanut center. It just taste better. Iíve always done it that way.
Well that is it for me girls. I hope everyone has a fantastic saturday, full of good eating and some exercise of some kind.
Remember...

Guardrails Up!!!

Later - Learn
Old 08-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #237  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

My biggest positive today (other than my happy time on the scales this week) .. is that I have worked 10 out of the last 12 days on my feet for a minimum of 6 hours each day and its getting easier to recover at night than it was 3 months ago .... oh .. and my jeans almost fell down at work .. yes that is positive (other than it proving I am losing weight .. I caught them in time rofl)
Old 08-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Ladynredd -- The Desiderata is a beautiful heartfelt piece that speaks to me, too. I read each little paragraph slowly, and there are messages in there for all of us. I especially liked the following (italics and bf mine):
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.
Hot Wings -- You really pulled out the willpower stops to tell Arbyís to leave the bacon etc. off the sandwich. There is just something about bacon that is soooo good. For example, I just saw a list of 5 ways to win Top Chef, and one of them is to have bacon in your recipes! (I am just starting to cook, and I love Top Chef!)

Fungirl -- A huge CONGRATS to you for sidestepping your cravings! I agree with you, if you can put off the cravings for awhile (you planned to eat the food the next day), it is much easier to manage them. Wow, youíve really lost a lot of inches! ďNothing tastes as good as being thin feels!Ē

Ags -- I was pretty happy about the jogging thing because it was such a surprise to me that I could do it for so long! But today may be a different story because -- yesterday -- I did the lower body weight training with the personal trainer. Arghghgh, it is so hard for me. In particular -- the SQUATS again! The interior of my thighs is really, really sore again, almost as bad as when I first started back in March. Even though I have big huge thighs, they are apparently a very weak part of my body.

And hereís the weird thing --the trainer says to me ďYou could do squats at homeĒ and I look at him like heís crazy. Then I think about it -- the only reason I do them at the gym is because heís standing over me forcing me to do them! Which, of course, is the reason I hire him!

How weird is that? A lot of the weight lifting stuff with the free weights I wouldnít know what to do without him, but a squat is pretty basic, I could easily do them at home,yet I need him to tell me to do them! I wish I knew the psychological reason for that. Maybe I will do a few squats at home to try and mentally get in another place. (Maybe next week, when I can walk again, LOL.)

Looking -- the cottage sounds wonderful, just what you need now to recover.

DownSize -- I love that you recognize your ďfoodĒ trigger and then worked to avoid it! That is the way to do it, girl. It is a huge deal because you are managing your eating, and not letting it manage you. I am trying to learn from everyoneís successes, and this is a big one!

Nightkatt -- are you new on the thread, I have been gone awhile. If you are new, welcome welcome! Itís so good that you can recover better than you did 3 months ago! I feel that way, too, with my bad back. I used to curl up in the fetal position whenever I had to walk for any distance, my back hurt sooooo bad, but now it just aches some. I have to remember how debilitating it used to be so I can realize how far I have come! Thank you for making me remember.

Hi Learn
-- maybe I did build up more stamina than I thought walking on the trip. I walked way more than I wanted to. The people we visited in Chicago lived right downtown, so they walked EVERYWHERE. We didnít use the car for the whole week we were there.

A couple of times my fiancť and I did use a cab at my request, and that made me feel bad, like I was weak and a wuss and a fat lady. So I just mostly tried to soldier through, and maybe that was what I needed??? It didnít feel like it, my back hurt more than usual, but maybe itís like me and the personal trainer with the squats -- I need an outside source to push me on certain things.

Arghghgh, I hate that notion, honestly. I want to be able to rely on myself to push myself. But I have to be open to the possibility I need an outside push on things that are hard for me. And I need to set myself up for a push, as I have with the trainer. So, I think this realization is going to be my positive for today!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #239  

POP=PERFECTLY ON PLAN
I am so hoping to do that again today.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #240  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

My positive is, for the past 2 months I have not found one excuse to not do my planned workouts

Last edited by Onederchic; 08-15-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Closed Thread