Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:27 AM   #196  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

Oh my, I'm still on a high from last night!!!! You seen right Ags, 7.4 lbs!!! It was the most I have lost in a week since I began this journey. I just hope I don't gain any of it back at the next weigh in.

My positive today is that I'm finally gonna mow the lawn!!! My parents picked up the pooches this morning (Murphey HATES the lawn mower and gets really upset and attacks it) to go berry picking. So I figure before it gets too hot I should really get it done.

Plus, Saturday my fiance comes home from working out of town (he's been gone 3 weeks then off for a week). I'm so excited!!! I hope he can see a difference. So, this week will be "mad cleaning" time!!! Just so it looks like I did something around the house lol.

Thats it for me chickies, time to anger some neighbours will the lawn mower running so early!!! Happy Wednesday all!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #197  
~Rena~

Ok, I mowed the lawn and started to wash dishes then BANG!!! Out pops my back!!!! So now I will be off for 4 to 7 days!!!!! I went to the chiropractor and he did some work on it and I go back this afternoon for some "warrenty" work.

My positive in all this, my best friend is gonna come over today for a bit to help me. I hope my parents will keep the dogs till evening, I still have to ask them
Old 08-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #198  

Height: 5'7"

ITS ME!!! Im back and ready to get the rest of this weight off.
My positive for today is reading blogs on here and seeing what others eat.It really helps to open my eyes and see what I have been doing WRONG!! I had gotten into a bad eating habit.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #199  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Hiiiii people!

betty!!! You are kickin butt and taking names! Over 7 pounds lost!!

Sorry to hear about your back But you are really being as positive as possible about it - proud of you!

Onderchic: Happy and smoke-free - sounds like a winner to me! And welcome to our thread. I have yet to tackle the latter - taking baby steps with my health here. I stopped for both pregnancies & breastfeeding. I went from there to allowing myself to only do it outside at home - no indoor smoking with kids! I am not a heavy smoker, but dang that is one habit that is really dying hard. I will be tackling it after I have more weight off and am feeling more comfortable in my new lifestyle.

learn: For you as well, great job on kicking the habit! And your meal sounds yummy.. I am completely in love with sauteed cabbage.

Devsmama: Way to get back with the gym! Sometimes it is so hard to do that after being away for awhile - you did it!

CJ: Me too on the failure thing. But you faced it head on, and even got some positives from it! Way to go

dgramie: Welcome back I love reading the blogs/posts, too.. it helps so much to see what I am doing wrong, but also what I am doing right!

As for me: I had an awesome cardio workout on the elliptical today - it just felt soooo good! I am upping my water (though I feel like I am drowning in it already lol) to see what I can do about this water retention I am feeling. Wish me luck.. and may the scale gods smile upon my next weigh-in.

We are workin' it, people!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #200  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Smile

Hi ladies,

Learn, it was wonderful talking to you to last night, I would have loved to have stayed longer but my computer froze and I was just a typing and nothing was going. LOL I can be so slow at times. LOL I found Nooch as well, she plays games with me. LOL Slow at that too. You are great as you always do, I so wish I am your energy.

Shia and CJ, I appreciate your kind words and I thank you. I must say this though, I cannot claim this thread as my own, even though I started it, I did it with the intent of all of us calling this home, therefore it is not just mine, it belongs to all of us, because we all are family. I do want everyone to feel right at home here and if we have differences that we work through them, that is what is about. I love you all and I do mean ALL!!!!!

Dgram and Thighs, you have made my day. I have missed you both so very very much. I will be smiling for the rest of the day. This is my positive for the day, two of my very dear friends have returned.

Rena, Rena, Rena,
You must take care of yourself darling, slow down, we cannot lose you around here. Glad your friend is coming to help and I do hope your parents take your little pooches.

I will be back later ladies, my grandson just came back for another visit today, so it is movie time!!!!!

Latergators,
hugs, love, and blessings,
Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-12-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #201  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post

Onederchic -- welcome welcome! Can you tell us what you think made you happy yesterday morning??? That is awesome. I go in spurts, but I am in now in a sorta sad spurt and I donít know why. I need some happy pointers!

I canít find your progress pix, but I did look at your blog and noticed you do the Wii Fit. What do you think of it? And is the Cardio Circuit a CD? Thanks for your help.
I am not sure what made me happy. I think it is because I am really trying (this time around) to really really learn to love who I am, which has never been easy for me.

My pictures are located here - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...rney-pics.html

Currently, I am not using Wii Fit but I am using Gold's Gym Cardio and My Fitness Coach both for the Wii and I love them. And I am sorry I am stupid but I am not sure what you mean when you ask if the Cardio Circuit has a CD? :|

I hope you start feeling happier soon
Old 08-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #202  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWings View Post
Onderchic: Happy and smoke-free - sounds like a winner to me! And welcome to our thread. I have yet to tackle the latter - taking baby steps with my health here. I stopped for both pregnancies & breastfeeding. I went from there to allowing myself to only do it outside at home - no indoor smoking with kids! I am not a heavy smoker, but dang that is one habit that is really dying hard. I will be tackling it after I have more weight off and am feeling more comfortable in my new lifestyle.
Thank you so very much!

I was a dedicated 2 pack a day smoker for 21 years and I am soo glad I gave it up. You will get there, taking baby steps is the right way for some people. I gots faith in ya

Congrats on your work today too, awesome!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #203  
~Rena~

Hey Hotwings, I'm in a similar boat as you lol. I restarted smoking again after 6 years of quitting!!! Ugh!!! I was having some personal issues (relationship problems etc) and would have a smoke just to "take me away". Well, things are great now in the relationship dept, I also got rid of a lot of stressors in my life. But now I'm finding it hard to quit. I'm gonna wait till September long weekend after my trip to Fargo with my besties. Then I'm gonna make an honest effort to quit. When I think about how my lungs will feel once again after I quit I'm sure I'll be happier. And with the money I used for smokes I'm gonna save it up for a Wii (fit).

My back is still nagging me desite the " warrenty" work. Back to the chiropractor for more torture tomorrow!!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #204  

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty grrl View Post
Hey Hotwings, I'm in a similar boat as you lol. I restarted smoking again after 6 years of quitting!!! Ugh!!! I was having some personal issues (relationship problems etc) and would have a smoke just to "take me away". Well, things are great now in the relationship dept, I also got rid of a lot of stressors in my life. But now I'm finding it hard to quit. I'm gonna wait till September long weekend after my trip to Fargo with my besties. Then I'm gonna make an honest effort to quit. When I think about how my lungs will feel once again after I quit I'm sure I'll be happier. And with the money I used for smokes I'm gonna save it up for a Wii (fit).
betty, you'll do it when your ready. It's all about being in the right frame of mind. Or you can do it the way I did...
I am a horse lover and a very dear friend whom I use to ride with called me one day and asked me, "Hey, you know how we always wished we could go and watch the APHA (American Paint Horse Assoc.) World Show in Fort Worth, TX.?" I said, "yeah!" She said, "Well I'm going this year and your going with me." She paid for my first class round trip plane tickets, we stayed at a first class hotel and she even picked up the tab for the rental car, of course a nice sedan. We stayed for 6 days/5 nights and the only thing I had to buy was my food. Now I smoked, but I never let her know because she was the kind of person that would nag me to no end about it. When I left, I left without cigarettes. I figured if I could go for 6 days without one I was going to do my best not to smoke upon my return. So on June 5, 2006 at 6 a.m. I smoked my last cigarette, brushed my teeth and drove to meet her at her home from which there we went to the airport. Yes I miss it sometimes and I truly enjoyed it and how I think it relaxed me. It actually didn't relax me, it calmed my nicotine withdrawal symptoms I was having before I lite up again. I have quit before in the past only to start up again. Heck I even started again after not smoking for 14 years, but this time I have a reason. That reason is gonna be 13 years old in November and I'm gonna enjoy as many years of watching him grow as possible.
Here in FL cigarettes just went up $10.00 a carton, man, am I saving big time now.

Later - Learn

Oh and I almost forgot...

Guardrails Up!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:16 AM   #205  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hello all my lovely friends! Yes I have been MIA. I may still be a littler longer lots of things going on personally and health wise! just know I love you and think of you all! my positive is I am a live and still breathing! the rest will take care of itself!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:05 AM   #206  

Good morning girls,
What a good day my friends had yesterday.
Shia- Your right, we have discussed siblings and their lack of caring attitude. I'm so over them too. All I know is when mom is gone I'll know in my heart that I did all I could to make her finally years on this earth as comfortable and dignified as possible. Their the ones who will have to deal with the guilt.

CJ- Yes, I have joint pain, but my kitty is getting over a urinary tract infection and when the urge hits to go he was just going and not making it to the litter box. I couldn't take the odor. My DH has to deal with cleaning the carpets. Which I really don't want to do this time of year due to the humidity.
So glad that your first visit back to the gym was a positive one. You see, all that worrying for nothing.

betty- Darling how is your back? Please be careful!

dg- I have missed you. I'm glad your back and ready to continue your weight loss journey.

Hot- They say the best way to get rid of water retention is to drink more water. It flushes the sodium out that is holding the water in, so drink it baby, drink it! I know the drowning feeling though, glub, glub!

Ags- How was the movie with the grandson? I can't wait to share flicks with a grandson of my own. For now I'm enjoying Tom & Jerry cartoons with my awesome son. That'll do!!!

One- You are the bomb. The queen of weight loss. My other hero, Jacque & LeslieB are my others. Your before & after pics were amazing!!!

Maria- OMG!!! I have missed you so much. I do hope things get better for you and remember you can always pour your heart out to one of us here on 3FC. Take care of yourself and please don't stay away so long.

As for me...
Positive #1: Stayed on track with my eating. Made me a big bowl of vegetable soup late yesterday morning and let it simmer for most of the day. Mmmm, it was so good for dinner and I will be enjoying it for lunch today also.

Positive #2: Took mom to see her regular Dr. and she was fine. I little awnry (sp?) or grumpy. She been getting that way, mostly at me though. I am prepared for most things she does as this is our second dose of dementia. My MIL had it and we lost her the end of last year. They tend to strike out at the one's taking care of them. It's just the dementia speaking!

Let's keep our fingers crossed it doesn't rain on my pool exercising today. I don't want to have to vacuum the house again.
Have a great day girls and remember...

Guardrails Up!!!

Later - Learn
Old 08-13-2009, 06:25 AM   #207  

OMG!!! I almost forgot!!! I have been searching for a long lost childhood friend and classmate from elementary school for over 30 years. Her & I wrote each other for a few years after I moved away from NJ to FL back in 1972, but somehow lost touch. When I joined facebook I posted a message on what would have been my high school up there that if anyone remembered her and knew where she was that I was looking to reconnect with her. Well last week a wonderful man that I don't know sent me a message thru facebook that he went to school with my friend's younger sister and he had just noticed her joining facebook recently. I contacted her and yes it definitely was her and yesterday I got a facebook message from my childhood friend. She joined facebook and immediately sent me a message. So I am so excited that I will be reconnecting with my best friend.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:26 AM   #208  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

learn Good for you for reconnecting with an old friend. And yes, your siblings will have to deal with the guilt, just like mine are right now. They are so unhappy in their lives it's sad. But they did it to themselves.

maria Hope everything is really okay. We miss you!

betty Hope the back gets to feeling better.

onederchic Great pics. I can't wait until I have those kind of pics myself.

Ags Hope movie night was as awesome as the first time.

Hotwings My water retention recipe is a gallon of distilled water and lemon juice. That will flush out whatever you have going on.

CJ Glad you had a good training day!

I went to the gym last night and did a 20/20/20 split with cardio along with HIIT. So, I had a really good workout.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:39 AM   #209  

Good Morning
My positive for today is I went to bed with a slightly hungry belly. This morning i woke up and its growling and the scales are down 2 of what I had gained back. I will continue to eat healthy and lots of Veggies and get this weight back off and more.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Rena -- I wish I could transport you down here for some back treatment. There is this one guy I know who is a combination massage therapist/acupuncturist/doctor of Chinese medicine that is just amazing at fixing backs.

I have even paid to send several of my (hurting but skeptical) friends to him, and they come back amazed and delighted and fixed. He studied in China and has all these really unusual techniques, sort of a combination of Oriental medicine, chiropractic, massage and goodness-knows-what. Take care and feel better.

Dgramie
-- Iím so glad youíre back. I think itís when weíre NOT totally on plan that this wonderful 3FC group helps us so much. I judge myself so harshly, it is nice to come to this place where people do not judge us at all.

HotWings -- When I first started going to the gym, I was alternating among treadmill, recumbent bike and elliptical, but the elliptical bothered my knees (and I have never had knee problems). I think I might give it another shot.

Ags -- your grandson sounds like a real sweetheart. You have such a joyous family. Thank you for taking on another ďfamilyĒ here.

Onederchick -- I like your advice about learning to really really love who you are. I sometimes feel so conflicted about myself. Sometimes I am supremely self-confident and other times Iím the mouse in the corner. (I like myself better and have waaay more fun when Iím self-confident and people like me better too. And I get way more done, too, which makes me happy.)

Your photos are amazing. Iím going to be in Onederland too sometime next Spring! Can't wait!

Maria -- I see your pretty smile and hope all your trials will soon be over. Please check in more often, itís great to see you.

Learn -- I love your early morning posts, I look forward to reading them when I get up (which is considerably later than you!) You know, the only thing we really have is our integrity, and you have that in huge amounts. You have persevered with your mom with so little support from your siblings, you are a wonderful, strong, caring person. And Iím so happy you were able to reconnect with your friend .

Shia -- I am going to the gym right after I finish typing this. You are my gym idol! And ... oh by the way ... that is my positive for the day!
Closed Thread