Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #166  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

AGS!!!
I hope you have a super awesome day!!!!!!

learn-You are so lucky to have a pool!!! The only thing we have in terms of a pool is a plastic pool for the pugs!!!! Btw, I added you on Facebook as well, I hope thats ok?

ernurse-Glad to see you here!! Aren't these women amazing!!! They always keep my motivation super high!!!! Hope to see more of ya!!

Sara-You are gonna look amazing at your bro's wedding!!! A new haircut for a new you!!! Good luck with the seat belt!!! My fingers are crossed!!!! Have fun on your trip!!!!!!!

CJZee-Your reunion sounded like a blast!!! Seeing classmates you haven't seen in a very long time!!! I'm sure you all tons of stories of the "past". I love reminissing about old times with friends!!!

Fun-Conrats on your 2.8lb weight loss!!!

As for my positive today...I'm gonna try to get to the gym today, I really miss it!!! Plus this will give a chance to have a "last chance" workout before weigh in tomorrow. PLUS, my fiance will be home on Sunday (but I'm pretty sure it will be on Saturday). He's out of town working, 3 weeks away and 1 week home. So now the scurry of cleaning the house begins!!! Well, as long as it is somewhat clean I'll be ok with that lol.

See ya ladies later!!
Old 08-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #167  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

My positive today is that even though I was off track a bit on Saturday and TOTALLY yesterday, I got right back on today and am off to the gym to put in some extra cardio before pilates.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #168  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Hello everyone, I am new to this thread.
Hubby and I had a fantastic date yesterday after having a rough patch on Saturday.

I decided last night to kickstart my new outlook on Healthier Living. I made my daily goals today (which is the first in a long time), and so far I am well on my way to completing them. Yippee! It feels good to be back in the swing of things.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACQUE AND AGS !!!!!

Hope you ladies had/are having a wonderful day !!

You ladies are ROCKIN it !!!

My positive for the day... had a great walk at the park with the dogs. I'm feeling really positive and healthy today. It's amazing having this much energy. I keep thinking if I feel this good after losing 100 lbs what's it going to feel like with another 100 gone. Can't even imagine !!

Have a great day/evening cats and kittens !!

Leslie
Old 08-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #170  
ConnieLynn

S/C/G: 316/304/158

Happy Birthday, you birthday lionesses!!!

This is a driveby posting. I've had one insane workday and it's still going. My positive could be that I am still well within my calorie range, but since I haven't had time to eat, that probably doesn't count. I know, my positive is that I didn't scream today... yet Happy Monday all!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #171  

Happy Birthday Ags!!!
Happy Birthday Jacque!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:04 AM   #172  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

My little darlings,

My Birthday was great and I stayed on where near on point and I am okay with that. I did just what I said I was and that was to do anything I wanted and it felt good.

Happy Birthday to you to Jac!!!!!

Ladies I was informed that my last post may have been offensive to some because of me using all CAPS, they said it was like me screaming at you. Sorry, if I did, but that's just me, I am just a very happy go lucky person and that is the way I show it and it shows how I feel. I was excited about what I was writing and was just expressing myself. Again sorry if I offended anyone.

ernurse,
So happy that you are here and yes it is really wonderful how Learn is here bright and early every morning to welcome us into the new day. Gotta Love Her, I sure do. You are doing fine, but please try to rest when you can, we want to make sure you are here to spend that well deserved pay. Hugs to you.

Sara, make sure we get a good look at that new do girlie. I love the way you mix it up, keeps everything so fresh and so new. Good job on the ironing, if the wrinkles don't come out in the dryer, boy am I in trouble. LOL LOL

Aclai, good job, no excuses and did not say no, just did it. You ROCK!!!!

Fun, 2.8, well may I just say Hot Dang!!!!!

Looking, Please be feeling better, but hey you must be going out and all. Hot stuff.

To everyone else, have a blessed evening and a peacefull slumber!!!!

Hugs, love, and blessings,
Ags
Old 08-11-2009, 03:38 AM   #173  
Woman On A Mission

Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:05 AM   #174  

Good tuesday morning everyone,
Well yesterday was a good one for my fellow 3FCers and I'm gonna get to you all first.

ernurse- I hope you try the cabbage soup. I just love cabbage also. One of my favorite dishes of the past, before my lifestyle change was, Boiled cabbage, mashed potatoes and grilled kielbasa. Now it's just the cabbage and I, none of the other stuff. Although I do treat myself to an occasional baked potato for dinner topped with fat free sour cream.

Ags- It sounds like you truly enjoyed your birthday. I plan on eating at my favorite restaurant for my birthday dinner. And I humbly except the position of being your Gatekeeper!

Rena- Yes having the pool right in my yard is great, except in the winter when it's too cold to swim and all I can do is look at it. Luckily in FL we don't have to do that too long. Remember that scurrying around cleaning the house thing is a work-out in itself, so it would be like going to the gym again.

Jacque- You can't be perfect everyday, right? The fact that you didn't sway for too long is a definite positive. You go girl!

MyBodyIsMyTemple (Temple)- Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! You have come to the right place to give your change to healthier living a kick start.
Remember no matter what kind of day you've had, there is always gonna be a positive. Sometimes it's right there smacking you in the face and other times you gotta search it out.

Leslie- My 100 pound hero. You are the bomb girl. If I was to look in the dictionary for the word, Positive, it would have your picture right next to it as an example.

Down- Try not to eat too little or your metabolism will slow down. We are all guilty of getting too busy! Maybe pack some snack crackers or something on those days you know it's gonna be hectic at work.

Now for me, yesterday started out real good. I got my pool exercises in by 11 am. Got half way through a photography job I'm working on for my DH and was even able to watch Erica Kane start work on her latest affair on All My Children. I've lost track, what is the last count? I think she's been married 47 times, right?
Then 4 pm rolls around and I'm starting dinner for my mom and I see her slumped over in her chair, holding her chest. She informs me that she has chest pains. O.K. get her in the car, the hospital is so close it's quicker for me to drive then call an ambulance. On the way I ask her when the pain started, she informs me that it started several hours ago. As she is being admitted to the ER she tells the nurse it's been hurting for several weeks. She also tells her it doesn't hurt that much. I'm standing behind her wondering where the drama queen ran off to. So 4 hours later, of which I had to stand the whole time due to lack of seating she is sent home with some inflammation of the muscle around one side of her rib cage. Now when I left for the ER I informed my sister and she in turn informed my brother what was going on, that I was taking mom to the ER with chest pains. Would you believe the whole 4 hours I never received one phone call from my siblings. Even when I got home my brother who lives right next door, never came over and my sister who lives with mom and us never asked how she was. My mom is fine, thank God! But my siblings suck!!!
O.K. I'm done ranting, sorry if I annoyed anyone.
Positive #1- Mom is fine, no heart attack!!!
Positive #2- I got my exercises in!!!
Positive #3- I've excepted the fact that my brothers and sister are never going to care enough to help me with my mom and I thank god everyday that I have my DH and perfect son to lean on those days when her dementia takes it's toll on me.

Ladies, have a wonderful tuesday and don't forget...

Guardrails Up!!!

Later - Learn

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 08-11-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:47 AM   #175  
Woman On A Mission

Learn....so GLAD you mom is okay!!! Yes Siblings can suck sometimes...but they are family. Unfortunately, we can't pick who are family is.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:18 AM   #176  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
Learn....so GLAD you mom is okay!!! Yes Siblings can suck sometimes...but they are family. Unfortunately, we can't pick who are family is.
Oh I wish there was enough space on 3FC to tell you about my siblings. My husbands are even worse. Maybe someday I should write a book. I think I'll title it... "The Benefits of Being An Only Child!"
Old 08-11-2009, 08:01 AM   #177  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post
My husbands are even worse. [/B]
Husbands????
Old 08-11-2009, 08:14 AM   #178  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Helloooo my little chickadees!

I have missed so many posts, but have at least tried to read all of them. You are all doing simply mahhhhhvelous!! I am just going to leave it at that for now in the interest of time - hopefully I can keep up a bit better in the days to come.

I do have to say to Jacque & Ags: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You two completely rock my socks off!

Ladies, I am OP despite the scale not moving this past Friday. I believe I have figured out what caused it (and so early in the game ).. but really am kind of at a loss as to why it happened. All week I was feeling like I was retaining water - but was drinking plenty of it, my sodium was no different than other weeks, and TOM is not supposed to be here yet? I guess I have to figure out exactly what pattern my body wants to take for losing this weight! But, I am keeping on - after a weekend of no exercise (that was my p!ssed off I didn't lose any weight rebellion lol!). Monday I did my cardio, today is strength training and I think I will do some Wii Active - if my kids will let me.

Anyway, let's do this thing, ladies!!

Oh and LEARN: on the only child thing!!

Last edited by HotWings; 08-11-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Right now I’m drinking some green tea (I usually drink coffee) and I’m thinking about how to structure my day to make it the best possible day.

I have been back at home since late Friday and I’ve had a hard time getting back to a good pattern. For example, I’ve only half unpacked and my eating has not been totally on track.

I’m a little afraid to weigh myself this morning ... I weigh every day as the normal little ups and downs don’t bother me. (But the BIG ups do!) I’m really trying to figure out what my body likes and doesn’t.

My positive is I am going to see the personal trainer today after not having gone to the gym since June 23rd! I AM SCARED ladies. I am very afraid I’ve regressed in my strength. I need to give props to this thread -- the only reason I contacted the trainer and set up an appointment was because I wrote here that I was going to! (If I write it here I have to do it, LOL.)

Sara -- for some reason your posts are always so joyous for me. It’s hard to believe that it was May the last time you saw your family, it seems like just yesterday you were mentioning your trip. Have a beautiful time!

ErNurse--Are you really an ER Nurse? Does it involve a lot of standing and running around? Do you have any tips on how best to deal with being on your feet all the time?

Ags -- Happy belated birthday! I have missed you.
You are soooooo right about “if the wrinkles don’t come out in the dryer” I am in trouble too!

Ironing board story -- About 8 years ago I opened up my ironing board to iron something, and I couldn’t figure out how to close it when I was done. It sat open in my living room for like a month-and-a-half. Every time someone came over, I'd have them inspect the ironing board to try and figure out how to close it. It was like an Indiana Jones movie, trying to crack the code.

Finally a visitor was able to figure it out! It was a miracle! I decided God didn’t want me to iron if I couldn’t figure out how to work the ironing board, so that’s the last ironing I have done, and the ironing board has been in the closet for 8 years and an counting ...

Jaque -- An even more belated happy birthday to you! I think the key to keeping a slim figure is to have a program, and you really do! Congrats!

Betty grrl -- I love all your different colored entries and your Betty Boop avatar! What fun!

MyBodyisMyTemple -- glad you made up with your hubby. And I like your idea about daily goals, I’m going to set some up right after I get off here.

Leslie -- I read your diet blog entry about being diabetic and getting a wonderful doctor. I am NOT diabetic, but it runs in my family and really want to avoid it. Can you give me any tips? I think I know the main stuff about low-carbs etc., but if you have any helpful advice I’d sure appreciate it.

DownSize -- are you counting calories for your plan?

Learn -- I think you should trademark the title of your book “The Benefits of Being an Only Child”! I know it is so hard, but at least you have the courage to step up to the plate and take care of your Mom. Your siblings are wimps and they should be ashamed.

HotWings -- it is more important to be on plan because you know the scale WILL move down. I, too, try to figure out my body, it is sometimes a complete mystery. Let me know if you figure yours out.

Happiness to all ... C.J.

Last edited by CJZee; 08-11-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #180  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Can I just hop in here and yell, "GOOD MORNING!" to all you ladies!

I need to get back on this thread. I have missed. I have missed all of you.

Ags---HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Love ya, Girl!
Closed Thread