Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #421  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

I'm just popping in for a moment to tell you that my positives for the day are as follows -

I WEIGHED IN AT 296 TODAY WHEEEE!

Also, Lane Bryant has t-shirts 2 for $20 plus a coupon for $25 off a $75 purchase (or 50 off 150, or 75 off 225). So I got 8 shirts for $58 (including the tax). I've been trying not to spend money, but these are wardrobe staples. AND I BOUGHT THEM IN 18/20 HOORAY! They'll probably be a bit snug for another month or so but I am done buying t-shirts in 22/24.

Oh oh oh and another - I booked my flight home to NY for Thanksgiving today! I originally wasn't excited because my husband can't go (he gets fired if he isn't there for Black Friday) and because my mother has not been very nice to me in the past but she has mellowed out since getting married and because I want to see my grandma as much as possible - she is 84 and I don't want to find myself wishing I had flown home more often.

Last edited by nooch; 09-06-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 363/349/185

My positive today... I joined this forum and committed to changing my life. I also cleaned out my pantry/fridge of all those faux foods. :-)
Old 09-07-2009, 01:12 AM   #423  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

CJ,
When I start the new thread at 500 hundred post I will specificly say that all are welcome, no matter your age or how much you weigh, it'a all about the positive, so all are welcome. Okay sweet tater?

Nooch, hot dang girl, you are bustin out!!! out of those to big clothes that is, getting smaller every day and on your way to a new and healthier you. Way to chica!!!! Hey and what a shopping spree, you just cannot pass up deals like that girlie!!!

My Mali did not come home today. BooWho, and I am not happy, so I am slinking away. Thank goodness tomorrow is a new day.

Nite Nite and love to all,
Ags[/COLOR

Oh I am sooooo sorry, welcome to True, I am soooo glad you found us, now sit back, take your shoes, and stay awhile, a long while cause tend to hold on tight. Welcome once again.

Now I am slinking away

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-07-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:45 AM   #424  

Magnificent Monday Everyone,
Well here we are, another labor day, another weekend gone.
Let's get to what's important, the personals.

true2me- A big to our newest thread member. You are officially a part of our family. Come in, sit down, relax, converse, the place doesn't always look like this, it's sometimes even worse. LOL!!!
You have taken the first positive step to getting healthy and that is joining 3FC. Way to go, cleaning out the pantry and fridge of all those unhealthy things.

CJ- As Ags said earlier, we'll have to just make it a point to invite everyone from all levels of 3FC to our wonderful and positive thread.

Ags- Wow, aside from the mustard and scallions (I use sweet white onion instead), your potato salad recipe is just like mine.
I'm so sorry Mali didn't make it home last night. Will he make it today? I hope so.

nooch- Look at you, planning ahead. Way to go on the bargain shopping. You can never have enough t-shirts. I live in them! Great weigh in, by the way!

Well ladies as for me...
I stayed OP all day. We were going to go out to eat last night for an early birthday dinner, for my DH, but he didn't feel like getting off the sofa. Second positive is I won the Monopoly game last night. I only owned 6 properties and 1 airport, but I invested my money every chance I could and ended up with Hotels on all, but the airport and wiped my son and DH out. If this was real life they would be in debt to me for millions and millions.

Well that's it for me gal pals. I hope everyone has a fantastic day. I will pop my head back in later and speak up if need be.

Remember...

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!!!

Later - Learn
Old 09-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #425  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Nooch- Good job on the clothes, shopping another good place is womanwithin.com, fabulous site for sizes 14-44.

True to me - welcome to our group, please do take off your shoes and stay awhile. Good job on finding us.

Ags- Good morning to you , and sorry your Mali didn't come home, but when they do it will be so so worth it.

Learning- I myself am a monopoly freak, I love that game, what a way to win.

as for me nothing new today as it is still early and I'm just moving around but will get to spend time with BF today I cannot wait. Have a great and safe Labor day ladies, and to those I missed, I didn't forget you at all.

Last edited by TracyB73; 09-07-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #426  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

]Happy Labor All,

It is raining like crazy here but that is A Okay with me, yet one more reason to stay home and miss the cookout and all the pit falls it would hold for me. I think God was saving this blessing just for me.

My biggest positive for the day so far is, the Cabernet Pear Tartlet and Mango Tartlet I bought is in the trash can. It was becoming a down fall for
me so I fixed I threw the both of them away, some may think that was a waste of money, to me, it is just me helping to save my own life!!!!!! Can I get Woot Woot!!!!!

Learn on the potato salad, I blend the mayo reg and mayo fat free together with the mustard for the dressing and it is way good. Try it, I think you might it. Sweet onions are grand as well, I do scallions for colors. Sounds like you had a super great day yesterday, do a repeat today babe.

Shia, oh Shia, now I am getting worried about you. If you are reading and not posting, now read this, I will be calling you before the night is over, so answer the phone girlfriend. Do not make me come to Kentucky, cause a sista will travel. Just wait and see. Love ya and miss ya ohhhhh so much.

No one still heard from bite?????? She has never been gone this long......maybe taking a long vacation. And my sweet little Tracy, think I will PM her.

Okay little darlings back later to do a driveby and see what's up. CJ, must be too early for you ugh baby girl.

Love hugs and many blessings,
Ags
[/FONT]

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-07-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone!

I'm having a hard day today. My positive is I went to my weight lifting with the trainer this morning and survived. Best wishes to all.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #428  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm having a hard day today. My positive is I went to my weight lifting with the trainer this morning and survived. Best wishes to all.
Awe! CJ, I hope your day ends better then it started.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #429  

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
]Happy Labor All,
My biggest positive for the day so far is, the Cabernet Pear Tartlet and Mango Tartlet I bought is in the trash can. It was becoming a down fall for
me so I fixed I threw the both of them away, some may think that was a waste of money, to me, it is just me helping to save my own life!!!!!! Can I get Woot Woot!!!!!
Love hugs and many blessings,
Ags
[/FONT]
Woot Woot!!!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #430  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello my lovely threadmates!

Ags: OMG.. I have never put bacon in my potato salad but that sounds absolutely awesome. I gotta buy turkey bacon at the store tomorrow now. Your reaction to my story was exactly mine when it happened.. I was (as Ruby would say if you watch that show) humidified. (mortified + humiliated) But I can laugh about it now, thank goodness! AND.. WOOT WOOT!!! for throwing away the nasty foodage!

Fungirl: Good to see you peeking in! You can't fail, unless you quit - and you are keeping at it - good going!

CJ: Tough days can only make you stronger! You are in it to win it and learning all kinds of things along the way. Good job on getting that weight lifting in!

nooch: Awesome purchase at LB - I *love* saving $$. Can you believe Thanksgiving is nearly around the corner already? This summer has flown by - it doesn't seem like I even had one here as the temps were so mild for our summer. I need to start preparing now for the mental onslaught of the Thanksgiving buffet. LOL

true2me: You are definitely in the right place! WELCOME! People talk about willpower, but what it really takes is a solid commitment! You are on the right track

learn: Way to kick the Monopoly booty! They should not have underestimated the power of LEARN

Tracy: Hope you were able to enjoy the BF today! SO nice to have a relaxing day with someone you love.

Positives for me: I have been OP ever since my son's b-day trip. It feels gooooood and I have lost more weight. I sneaked a peek at the scale yesterday, but I am not going to claim anything until my official weigh-in day on Saturday. Also, I am reading The Body Fat Solution by Tom Venuto for the second time in a few weeks - CJ - I did not PM you about it, but it is a very good companion to BFFM. I would recommend it - there is more dedicated to the mental aspects in the book. I am re-reading because I need to look at writing some better positive affirmations - you have inspired me to do so!

Thanks to all here just for being YOU.. you keep me grounded and on course.

Keep up the fantastic work!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:53 AM   #431  

Tuesday Tidings Friends,
Well we are just like the little engine that could. The select chosen few showed up for some positiveness. That's alright, because we may be small, but we're Mighty!!!

Tracy- I do hope you had a wonderful Labor Day full of positives with your BF.

Ags- What can I say, I'm here for ya Baby! Let's pull up the rockin' chairs on the front porch and chat a while. I do hope you enjoyed your Labor Day with the DH. You've heard my story and I'm ready with an ear when you are, neighbor!

CJ- I hope things got better for you yesterday. And through it all you made to weight training, how about you!

HotWings- Spending some more quality time with Mr. Venuto. Thanks to you for being here for us also. We get by with a little help from our friends!

As for me, I had a OP day yesterday. It was nice and somewhat cool in the morning, so I cleaned off my back porch, threw away some things that haven't been touched all summer, hosed everything down to get rid of the spider webs in all the cracks and crevasses, sprayed spider killer every where and as soon as it was dry I put my house cat outside for the day. In a large dog crate for his protection. Ever since he had his UTI, he had decided that a litter box just isn't his style. So he is going thru litter box training again at the ripe old age of 9. I would make him an outside cat, but someone de-clawed him before I adopted him, so he wouldn't be able to defend himself if challenged by another cat.
While cleaning I did find the most beautiful Black Widow spider under my bench. After showing it to my son and pointing out her bright red hour glass on her belly, I gently...
Smashed her a** with my size 8.5 sneaker!

Well ladies that is it for me today. I hope we all have a simply positive day full of sunshine, lollipops, puppies, kittens and rainbows. I know, pouring it on a little think, hey Learn.

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!!!

Late - Learn
Old 09-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #432  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies,

Just thought I would stop in and say hi!!!

I had an awesome time in Fargo!!!

My positives: Stayed pretty in OP all weekend!! Even at the BUFFET!!!! Loaded up on veggies and the salad bar (thats a big first for me). PLUS, I stuck to my guns by eating at the restaurants I had already planned to.

#2: Found my bridesmaid dress!!!! I tried on a 32...WAY TOO BIG!!!!! So then I tried on a 28...A BIT LOOSE!!! So then I tried on a 26 and that one was a bit tight in the hips. Sooooo....we are going back in Decemberto order the dress!!! My goal is to fit a size 24. The wedding isn't untill June, but we have to order way too soon in advance. The lady said they can take it in 2 sizes. I think a 24 would be awesome then!!

Soooo....now at least I know my problem areas to work on. Arms, hips, butt and thighs!!! I'm so happy!!!

Plus, in Fargo I bought one of those anti-burst balls. I figure I can do back exercises on it so I can strengthen up my back!!

I really hope this high doesn't end!!! WHOO HOO!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #433  

My positive today is I just found this Postive place to post !! This is very encourageing to read all of the postives in everyones life!!!
I am positive I will be back !!!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #434  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatmeal View Post
My positive today is I just found this Postive place to post !! This is very encourageing to read all of the postives in everyones life!!!
I am positive I will be back !!!

Hi Oatmeal and welcome to our positive thread. You have come to the right place if your looking for motivation and support. You'd be amazed what a daily visit to the positive thread here on 3FC can do for you.
My name is Learningtoliveagain, but you can call me Learn. I usually open things up here every morning, but occasionally CJ will beat me to it. We got a great group of people here for you to lean on so, come on in, kick your shoes off and enjoy yourself.
Have a great first day to the start of an awesome journey to getting healthy and losing some weight.

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!

Later - Learn
Old 09-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #435  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Good morning everyone - just wanted to let you know that I will be with my family in Florida for the next few days, so don't call the army, navy, and post office if I'm not around! Love you all!
Closed Thread