Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #181  
ConnieLynn

S/C/G: 316/304/158

Height: 5'4"

Good morning gang.

My positive is that it's Tuesday finally And I actually took time to cook a real breakfast. No food on the run this morning. Also the scale went in the right direction this morning, which is always a happy start to the day.

Ags: I'm glad you had a good birthday and I like your big, bright, excited letters

Learn: I'm glad your mother is ok. As an only child, I've got to agree with you. I have the responsibility of being the only one to help my parents, but my Mom has siblings and I watched her go through just what you are going through. She still had the sole responsibility with the added aggravation of her siblings' actions (or lack of). Hang in there!!!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #182  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Goooooood Moooorrnnnning! I feel a bit sluggish BUT well rested!!!!

Learn: Thank GOD, your mom is OK. What a fright you must have had!!! Its nice to hear that you have a good family (meaning your DH and son). Its amazing how much I see this in Home Care! One sibling (and their family) really take care of the client where the others only come down when its convienant. Your mom is very lucky to have you!

Just wondering is there another Rena on here??? Fyi, I have only lost 20lbs to date lol, but I will be really excited if there is another Rena on here. I think it was Leslie that got to the 100lb mark.

Jacque: A belated . Hope it was super awesome!!!!

Hotwings: I know how it feels not to have a loss at the scale. But just remember muscle weighs more than fat does. Plus, the fat you are burning now is the stuff that has been lingering around for years and its the stubborn stuff to get rid of. WTG Hot, for keeping motivated!!!!

Temple: Daily goals are AWESOME!!! It does feel awesome to start getting healthy again!!! Remember, we are always here if you need support!!!!

As for me, my cold is just about gone. Still a bit of congestion. Plus, I did make it to the gym yesterday and did 15 min on the treadmill and a new first I went on the stairmaster for 5 min!!! I thought I was gonna die!!!! I was happy I did it.

Tonight is weigh in and I'm hoping I will do well. Last night I was so tried I couldn't finish even half of my supper. So, I didn't force it and went to bed early. I hope the scale will be good to me lol.

Oh ya, I posted pics of my fur-kids on Pudgy Pets (I think its in General Chatter?). They must be the most spoiled pugs around! I don't even leave at home during the day!! They go to my moms in which they know her as Grandmas and Grandpas lol.

Just going to work. Hope you ladies have an awesome day!!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:59 AM   #183  

Sorry betty grrl (a.k.a. Rena) That's just me on 3 hours sleep! But did you feel 100 lbs. lighter, even for a little while?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #184  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Smile

Hey everybody,

What's shakin'? Okay so I need to know, is everyone alright with my big bright large letters? Do my all caps bother you? I just need to know, cause I almost started not to come back to this thread, the thread I that I started because I love people sooooo much, but if I cannot be me here, especially here, then maybe I need to move on. I have to admit when I got the message that it felt like was screaming at them, my feelings were so hurt and then I got mad, real mad, something that I usually will not let myself do. And then I thought about it, I cannot let some else dictate how my personality should be reflected or let them change me? So I would like to know if my writings, the way I do them, bother you?

Now my positive for the day is, instead of bottling my feelings up inside, I am putting it out there and secondly, my oldest grandson came to visit me today all on his own and wanted to watch a movie with me and we did and it was great!!!!!

Downsize, First I would like to thank you for your comment on my last post, I appreicate it more than you know. Great job on your getting the chance to fix your own good breakfast and the scale going in the right direction is great!!!

Learn, Gate Keeper I do about siblings and I do share and can relate to your pain. What we have to remember is that we can change no one, all we can do is our best and girlfriend you are doing that with flying colors.

Rena, I am soooo happy that you are feeling so much better. Wow and yo went to the gym an did not die!!!!! Isn't the land of the living a wonderful place to be.

Ladies, I will be back in a moment with the rest of the shout outs, my darling daughter has to use the computer.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #185  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Ags: Just a quickie - your bright big letters do NOT bother me!! Some people do consider all caps "shouting" online.. but it is CLEAR by your message and intent that you are not. Also, I have not even noticed you doing all caps very much? I don't really see why it is an issue in this thread. You have such a lovely, positive & inspirational quality - I love your bright big motivated posts .. keep on being YOU! Nothin but love for ya girl!

Perhaps this person should just scroll over your posts if they feel it is that bothersome?

PS: You started this thread. It is yours. I think you should be able to post however big and bright you want.

Last edited by HotWings; 08-11-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #186  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

One positive thing about me today is -

I have been happy since I woke up which is quite unusual for me
Old 08-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #187  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Onederchic,

WELCOME!! WELCOME!! WELCOME!!

Happy is a wonderful thing, let's turn see it may become an everyday event!!! Wooooha!!! ONEDERLAND sure sounds good to me!! So glad you are here, rest and relax and stay as long as you like.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #188  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Smile

Thanks Hot Wings,

I am so glad you know my spirit, I hope everyone else does.

Love to all,
AGs
Old 08-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #189  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Learn: I think I was more excited to think there was another "Rena" here. I personally through my life known of 5 with the same spelling as me lol. BUT it's exciting to think about 100lbs gone

One: to our super positive thread!!! You have done amazing in your weight loss journey!!!

CJ: Its funny, I do the exact same thing!! If I write it on the board I do it!! Also, I'm a huge Betty Boop collector. I have OVER 500 pieces in my collection ranging from chopsticks to retired collectables. Its almost an obsession! How did the training go?

Ags: I agree with Hot!!!! I think your big letters rock!!! To me it was like when I get really excited and happy!!! Your perfect the way you are baby!!

AS for me, I have a super HUGE positive!!! I lost a whopping 7.4lbs this week!!!! My body finally decided to let go of some of this fluff!!! And with TOM within arms reach I was super suprised!!!! I'm almost at my 10%!!!!

Hope everyone had a super night!!! Ta ta divas!!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:59 AM   #190  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

!!!!Rena that is freakin awesome!!!!!! I bow to you oh Queen of weight release!!!!

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-12-2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:29 AM   #191  
Resident Pixie

Thanks for the warm welcome ya'll
Old 08-12-2009, 06:01 AM   #192  

Good Wednesday Morning!
Let's get the party started!

HotWings- Just keep on truckin', that scale will move eventually.

CJ- Well how did the visit with the trainer go? You'll be back into the swing of things before you know it.

Thighs- Your darn right, you've got to get back on this thread. We have missed you. What's been going on girl?

Down- Cooking breakfast is not one of my favorite things to do. Unless it's for dinner. So glad to hear the scale is cooperating for you.

Rena- Did you say 7.4 pounds. OMG!!! That is just smack my butt fantastic!!!
By the way, your fur-kids are adorable!

Onederchic- Waking up happy is like the ultimate alarm clock. I just noticed your stopped smoking quote, congratulations. I haven't had a cigarette since July 5, 2006 at 5 am. I did it cold turkey, how about you? I just keep thinking of the thousands of dollars I have and will be saving.

Ags- It was nice chatting with you on fb last night. But stay longer, O.K.

As for me my positives are...

Stayed on track with my eating. Even allowed myself a hamburger for dinner. No bun, just a burger, some rice and some sauteed cabbage.
I cut my pool exercises back to every other day due to joint pain. So I scrubbed my bathroom floor instead and got a grocery run done. I wish I could get all my groceries in one trip. Always seem to forget something or someone forgets to put something on my refrigerator list. Apparently some people in my household believe that I'm a mind reader.
Mom is back to her old self, and I will be taking her to see her regular DR this morning for a follow up from the ER visit.

Well that's it for me, I hope everyone has a fantastic wednesday and remember...

Guardrails Up!!!

Later - Learn
Old 08-12-2009, 07:49 AM   #193  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

First off..Ags-you started the thread! If anyone has an issue with how you post, then they should come talk to me! You need to be you, so be you! This is a positive thread, your positive thread because you have so much love in your heart to give others. If they can't or don't know how to receive it, then this isn't the place for them.

Now, happy belated bday to Jac and Ags!

Learn-we've talked ad nauseum about siblings, I know exactly where you are coming from.

CJ-I'm so glad you are back, my friend. I have missed you.

Hotwings-you're pretty awesome, thanks for saying that to Ags.

Everyone else, I did read your posts, sorry don't have a lot of time to reply.

My positive for today is that after a week of missing the gym, I'm back!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:52 AM   #194  
Resident Pixie

learningtoliveagain - I quit cold turkey as well
Old 08-12-2009, 08:26 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hey Thighs --glad to see you! I know you’re doing well because I’ve read your stuff on some other threads, but we sure would like to see more of you here.

Down
-- cooking a real breakfast is great. Whenever I cook something and prepare a “real” meal (as opposed to grabbing something out of the fridge), it makes me feel as if I’ve really “eaten” and I think it helps me not to snack.

Rena -- are you involved in Home Care? You sound like a very positive, motivated person. OMG, 7.4 lbs! That is freaking awesome! When you were describing everything you did, I was pretty sure you would have a good weigh-in, but 7.4 lbs. is amaaaazing!

HotWings -- you have a gift with words, and what you said to Ags was exactly right, thank you. (We love you Ags.)

Ags -- you are right to tell us how you feel. I think women in particular hold hurts in too much and it comes out in (other) negative ways. Whoever wrote you probably thought she was doing you a favor as “internet etiquette” says to not use all caps. She probably had no idea that you would feel as you did.
But you are our wonderful, lovely, fearless leader and your big bright cheeriness is what I need sometimes to get me out of the doldrums. Just do what you do, you are super-great.

Onederchic
-- welcome welcome! Can you tell us what you think made you happy yesterday morning??? That is awesome. I go in spurts, but I am in now in a sorta sad spurt and I don’t know why. I need some happy pointers!

I can’t find your progress pix, but I did look at your blog and noticed you do the Wii Fit. What do you think of it? And is the Cardio Circuit a CD? Thanks for your help.

Learn
-- hmmmm, if you have joint pain enough to not do your pool exercises, maybe you shouldn’t replace it with scubbing the bathroom floor???? Just a thought. Take care of your beautiful self.

Shia --thanks for the nice thought. It makes me feel good. It’s great to see you too.

My positive is .... I did go to weight training and did pretty well. The trainer did not rag on me at all. Another trainer told me I looked like I had continued the training elsewhere and was surprised I hadn’t, so that made me feel good. It motivated me to eat well yesterday. I’m so glad I went to the gym. I think being scared of failure makes us fail sometimes. (Thus, the Nike ad -- “Just Do It”)
Closed Thread