Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #166  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

m3 - Look at you go!!!! You are doing awesome girl!!!! Working through the lack of motivation sure is paying off!!!!! I am so happy for you!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #167  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks! Now I just wanna go to bed and wake up on Sept 13th and be 199... LOL

Ok, not really... Secretly, I'm hoping I can get to Onederland BEFORE then, because I am going down to visit my sweetie on the 8th, and on the 10th we have a Red Cross volunteer thing with a TON of food, and then on the 11th we have another occasion with a TON of food.... iyeeeeeee........
Old 08-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #168  
~Star~

m3- I am sure you are going to do wonderful even around all those food occassions because you have the knowledge now of how much exercise and diligence it takes to renew yourself afterwards. You have learned that it's ok to not deprive yourself as long as you do the work after that is necessary to balance it out I have watched you for a bit now and stand totally impressed with your persistance and ability to drive yourself... you are doing awesome! I sit looking at your ticker from where you started, seeing where you are now, and KNOW you are going to be heading to where you want to be without anything getting in the way. Are you human and going to slip up once in awhile? Of course (welcome to the club).. but you have also had a HUGE taste of what success tastes like and you love it too much to give up I have no doubt you will hit Onederland just at the right time... before or at your set date, it will be the perfect time for your body
Old 08-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

m3, I love that you do meals on wheels and American Red cross. You are stunning. Great job for pushing through. I also can see you being under 199 by Sept. 13th. Is that your birthday? My brother's birthday is Sept. 13th. Mine is the 11th. We grew up sharing b-day cake...heh.

Myturn, wow, you are so motivational. Please share how you are doing though, I don't think I saw any personal info on you.

afm: I am totally shocked, but I admit last night I weighed before bed--just to see how bad it might be. I am usually 5 lbs less in the morning and last night I was 195.6. So I woke up to a NEW LOW OF 191.0.

OMG, OMG, I am so close to the 180s. I know I hate the 180s because I usually get stuck there, but I feel like since I am getting through the 190s again, I can get through the 180s and I see myself breaking through the 170s either, back to the 160s which I haven't been since 2006. I have an excel spreadsheet with all of my weightloss attempts from 2006 listed on it, so I can see each time I tried to lose and failed. I am so glad I have you ladies.

I was off plan like I said for 1 day. I did IF on Saturday, but ate lots of cookies in the evening. On Sunday, I ate a low carb breakfast, a medium carb lunch, and a very high carb dinner. I am back to fasting today though. My mil is coming for a couple of hours, but I wouldn't let my best friend in my house looking like this.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #170  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
m3, I love that you do meals on wheels and American Red cross. You are stunning. Great job for pushing through. I also can see you being under 199 by Sept. 13th. Is that your birthday? My brother's birthday is Sept. 13th. Mine is the 11th. We grew up sharing b-day cake...heh.
I only do Red Cross, not sure where you got Meals on Wheels from.. The only time I do meals on wheels is when I am scarfing down food in someone's car or on a bus LOL
Nope, my Bday is June 2nd. But I re-started trying to lose weight on June 13th, and I said "I wanna be 199 in 3 months"... What an idiot! LOL
Anyways, no significance to either date, just where the chips landed.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #171  
~Star~

Jen - You are far too nice! Thank you. I haven't posted much personal stuff due to the fact a lot of it is stressful and didn't want to bring anyone down... however, even through it, I went biking both Saturday and Sunday, did my elliptical both days, and also incorporated swimming and tanning yesterday. Today is strength training if time permits (we have to scramble for some money for gas to get me to and from work), but going to push for it hard cause I always feel sooo much better afterwards. My food is as "on" as it can be... we literally have no money, so I have been going off the veggies we already have, but they are getting real scarce and I may have to have the pasta and such I am going to be left to feed the kiddos with... hopefully the working out will help to counteract that... bad food is better than no food at this point. Anyway... I am sure it will work out.. things always do... somehow, someway, there is an answer out there, I just have to find it
Old 08-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

m3 - great job on your new low!!! You will blow well past 199 by 9/13 at this rate.

jen - great job on your new low too!!! Fantastic!!! I hope your MIL visit went well and that you got your house tidied up in time. I know how you feel about that 180s stall...I was a bit nervous about entering the 180s for that exact reason. One of my prior diet "successes" ended at 181...stalled...and then gave up. I'm right there now and worried about the stall, but I didn't have this site last time and my current level of determination, so I do know I'll push through it. When I crack into the 170s, you better BELIEVE you all will be hearing about it first, LOL!!!!! We can do this...we can.

itsmy - girl, I just want to fly to Arizona and offer you all the hugs I have. You're an amazing person and probably one of the strongest I've ever "met". I'm sorry to hear of your challenges. Please feel free to share as much you like - we're here for the good and the bad. I wish I had more eloquent words to share with you, but just know I'm thinking of you and sending my prayers your way. Keep your chin up and keep up the good work. You will prevail. Goodness always prevails, I firmly believe that.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #173  
~Star~

dogdays - Thank you so much I also have no doubt... I am a faith filled woman who holds true to the fact that the necessities will always be provided... be that for inner strength or for financial need I will take the hugs anytime though So.... though the money has not come through yet (and here is my faith paying off), I was able to find someone able/willing to share their vehicle going to and from work until we do get some money coming in. It's a lady that works at the company I do, and lives in the smaller city I live in (wayyy far away, lol). If that isn't a greater power at work, I don't know... DD is still struggling with her surgery recovery (so my daughter and keeps pushing beyond where she should when she feels a lil better)... so... called to come home from school early today. DH medicated her and had her start icing it again. Our plates are full, yet I see them simply as challenges...and obstacles that I need to leap over to keep on my own path to healthy, LOL... thinking I should have taken high jump lessons, lol
Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #174  
~Star~

You all shouldn't worry about a stall. You all are so much stronger than a single stall I have listened to a TON you have all overcome (weight and otherwise)... so a measly little stall stands no chance with this group *does her best body building flex position for effect* LOL!!! Kick the stalls and show them that we won't quit!!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 244/199/160

Height: 5'2"

I feel like such a lurker, but I hardly have time to do more than read, then when I want to say something, I feel like such a dork!!! oh well...

Itsmy, I love to hear when God pulls us thru. It's so powerful and encouraging to see! Thanks for sharing with us.

Jen, my DD8's birthday is 9/13, my DD3's is 9/17 and mine is 9/28. Not to mention my nephew's is 8/31. Lots of shared cakes around here!

DogDays, I love that your name is about dogs and your avitar is a cat! I can't wait for you to break into the 170s almost as hitting the 190s myself!

M3, I think you'll make it, too!

Well, my update... I'm still at 201. I started the couch to 5k last monday night, so I'm not really surprised. I kinda expected a stall, but still not fun to not see the scales moving down.... but it's better than up!! I'm about to hit the blog (started that last monday, too) and then the showers.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:58 PM   #176  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Start May 15 - 238
June 15 - 229 (-9 total wt loss)
July 15 - 222.4 (-15.6 total wt loss)
Aug 15 - 217.8 (-20.2 total wt loss)

LONG-TERM GOAL: NEVER SEE 215 again...soon to be 210

8/1 - no WI
8/2 - 218.2 (+0.4)
8/3 - 219.6 (+1.4)
8/4 - 220.2 (+0.6)
8/5 - no WI
8/6 - 216.8 (-3.4)
8/7 - 215.2 (-1.6)
8/8 - 216.6 (+1.4)
8/9 - no WI
8/10 - 217.4 (+0.8)
8/11 - 218.6 (+1.2)
8/12 - 218.6 (+0.0)
8/13 - no WI
8/14 - 216.2 (-2.4)
8/15 - 217.8 (+1.6)
8/16 - 217.0 (-0.8)
8/17 - no WI
8/18 - 215.0 (-2.0)
8/19 - 214.6 (-0.4)
8/20 - 213.8 (-0.8)
8/21 – no WI
8/22 – 212.8 (-1.0)
Old 08-23-2011, 03:59 AM   #177  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Hola ladies! Back after my wee maintenance hiatus, end of term insanity and all (now I have two week teaching recess and just a boat load of papers to grade). My weight stayed the same, I admit my eating wasn't fantastic but I'm pretty stoked to have stayed the same.

Thus I'm back, ready to kick my own butt I've worked for the last three days, tomorrow will be a rest day. Weighing on Friday, hoping to see a drop.

Hope you're all doing good, I'm too lazy to read through the whole thread but I'll be reading from now.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:54 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! I finally hit the 2teens a few days ago. My next weigh in day is Friday. I can't wait to see onederland! I tried on my 14's yesterday, to my suprise they fit! My 16's have been loose, bought a new belt, but I didn't think I would fit into a smaller size. I need to buy some smaller clothes soon. Where do all of you go? Do you buy brand new, go to resale/garage sales? I LOVE finding deals! I go to the thrift stores on half price day, at garage sales I find the best deals, but it is harder finding larger sizes, and I love going to Marshalls, and TJMaxx. I don't like paying full price. LOL Especially for transition clothes.

my2cats, Try them on! Don't do what I did. I started at 18/20's, lost 22 lbs, then tried on 16's and they were loose. Some looked funny, I wished I tried them soon, so I could have gotten some wear out of them. LOL I just tried on a pair of 14's and they fit! I was shocked. Funny how everyones body is different. I am 5'8 and 3/4" , you are 1 1/4 inch taller than me. Get them on girl.

m3rma1d, GREAT workout, I would count it as a half mile too.

jendiet, Congrats! I can't wait to see that number. Just keep pushing forward, it will come off.

ItsMyturn, sorry to hear about your struggles. Yes, bad food is better than no food. Just workout a little extra to make up for it. Things end up working out. I hit some really hard times myself, it gets better. I am with dogdaysofdiets, I would love to drive/fly out by you. You are a strong woman! ((hugs)) That is awesome you are carpooling with a coworker. GREAT!

Shadowmom74, sorry you feel that way. It may just be you are out of your comfort zone. I was the same way. In time, we wont be able to shut you up. or maybe I am describing myself. haha I am an introvert, but I have found with losing some weight and feeling great, I am throwing myself out there more and more. It is actually nice! Sorry to hear about your stall. Just keep pushing forward, it will eventually come off, it has no other place to go.

Hi jitterfish Happy to hear your weight stayed the same. That is great! Good luck on Friday.

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #179  
~Star~

shadowmom - You are doing better than me by keeping a blog, lol... post when you can I seem to get more... ummm... fuel? from posting within community than I think I would with a blog, so this is where I spend my energy... although I have been told that those blogs are real good for helping you actually seeing your path Aren't the tools we have nowadays amazing?? Oh! And on the subject of Him always providing... my DH was getting the mail and found a check in there for me for a lil bit... enough so our whole family got to sit around the table to eat chicken and corn last night!

LGW - Look at your July to August weights :O ! That is so awesome! You just keep losing consistently!!! So happy for you!

jitter!!!!!!!! Welcome back! We missed ya!!!!! Super yay for you staying same weight!!!! That's awesome! Just proof that your maintenance after journey will be accomplished successfully!!!! So happy for ya!

Transforming - Thanks for the kind words hon, but honestly I have no more available time for working out then I already do... and average 45mins-2hr/day (weekends I peak) either in strength training or cardio...so sure it won't hurt the scale too badly - do expect to get the dickens from nutritionist, but she doesn't pay my grocery bill, LOL. I don't worry... and try to never lose my positive attitude cause I am in the hands of Someone larger than life I have special needs kids and he wouldn't have entrusted them to me if He wasn't going to help supply me with what I need In the meantime... do what I have to and keep on smiling Again... normally why I don't mention "me" when things are going into a dip... our family has been through SOOOO much bigger, and these things are actually way easier for us to handle; but to those who have no idea the trials we withstood they sound like huge deals. I never want to bring anyone "down" in mood over stuff I know we can handle... things ever get too big and I will be reaching out... for now.. not so much

I do want to say though - You all are sooooo wonderful! You are supportive, encouraging, sweet, and kind-hearted... you have made me feel welcome from day 1 and I am sooo appreciative! Last night I was able to eat OP with the money that fell into our lap for a meal I also did my strength training for 55 mins (not quite an hour, but might as well be, lol)...and I feel WONDERFUL today Tonight is cardio night and I am looking forward to it
Old 08-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #180  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

Hi,

I think I'm going to join in here, since I'm in my 30s (33) and in the low 200s - AND you guys all seem so awesome (I read through the whole thread). I've been having trouble posting on my blog, so I thought I'd look for a new home.

Anyway, I do a sort-of IF - I only drink coffee (with cream or milk) until lunch, except on the weekends. I'm going with a low-carb, high-fat, gluten-free (most of the time) plan. I'm not exercising yet - waiting for the company gym to get finished and opened.

I was hoping to be out of the 2-teens by Labor Day. I would probably need to add in some exercise to have a chance of making it, though.

@Transforming, I haven't really bought new clothes yet - I wear baggy clothes anyway, so I didn't really buy much for bigger clothes when I gained weight, and even though a lot of my clothes are now "too big", I prefer to think of them as "extra-comfy". I do still have a box or two of size 14 and under clothes that I'm anxious to get back into, though.

@ItsMyTurn, I love how positive you are! I'm also encouraged by messages of how God meets all our needs. But I'm sure no one would mind hearing more about your troubles so that we can return the favor and encourage you!

Last edited by 2sw33t; 08-23-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Closed Thread