Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 04:17 AM   #211  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

M3 - I agree with Jen, no nutritionist is going to recommend IF because that is not they way they are trained. They tend to still believe that everyone should eat 5 small meals. If IF is working, the stick with it until your body needs a shake up and then try something different. As long as that weight comes off (net loss over time not necessarily every weigh in) you're doing good.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #212  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

@jendiet - yay on the broken rutt!

@shalyn - it does sound like a bad day of carbs, but you're right - you can do it this time, get back on that wagon and keep going! It was just a little bump in the road that bounced you off the wagon - but fortunately, the wagon stopped and waited for you to climb back on!

@ItsMyTurn - glad to hear your daughter is recovering, and good for you for insisting on a restful weekend for her!

@m3rma1d - I would echo what jen and jitter said, you don't have to change your eating plan just because your nutritionist doesn't know what IF is - you make the decisions because you have to live with the results

@dogdays - I wish I could say I'm building muscle, but it's been months since I exercised. I was going to wait until my company gym opened up, but who knows when that'll be? I think I'm going to start going back to the gym I have a membership to, though I still have to wait until my ankle recovers a little more from spraining it last week

Anyway, hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 244/199/160

Height: 5'2"

Yea! 2 posts in 1 week, y'all must be blessed!!!

Welcome, 2sw33t! (your name reminds me of the song in chitty chitty bang bang!)

Jen, sleep does do wonders! I know it will come back to you and you will feel more normal! Now I'm gonna have to look into this body cycle, it sounds very interesting!

Itsmy, even older kids need to be "grounded" sometimes! I'm glad shed doing better, I wish her the best recovery!

Shalyn, it's just one day! What matters is what you do the next day. Also, when I deprive myself from favorites, that's when I tend to start stuffing my face. I love hamburgers (so does DH, so he wants one all the time). Every now and then, I'll give in and have half of one. Or a salmon burger, love them! One thing we can't have in the house: cake. A lil nibble here, 'small' slice there... 400 extra calories later.... Ugh! Oh well, better to have loved and lost, right?!

Well, this morning, after 3 Mondays in a row of sitting at 201... Finally! I see 200!! Hopefully by Monday it will be under 200!!!
Old 08-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #214  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

shalyn - Don't allow discouragement to overtake you - you soo deserve the effort it takes to keep moving forward! You have already gone more than 14Lbs and that is HUGE! If you have one bad day, brush yourself off, and start again...and this time, you just start closer to finish line cause you already made progress!!!! I am so proud of you for keeping it up!!!

Jen - I am so glad you found something to feel better to - music praising Him is always a good choice! Wow... so many hours of running around...with the baby even... I sure do think you got your cardio and strength workouts in with that one!!!

shadowmom - I so hate saying no to DD though since she is still the "new kid" in school and tries so very hard - but I figure I am not much of a parent if I don't insist on what's best for her health either. I totally understand her desire for normalcy ... it's been so very long for her... but I also know all of her goals and can't just let her throw them away by permanently damaging more of herself to do foolish things either. Super yay on your weight loss!!!! Your patience has paid off and now you are watching numbers drop again!!! And.. to top off... you are right on the borderline, literally, of Onederland!!!! How exciting!!!!

For me... got my ride home last night, took DD to physical therapy, got home in time for Big Brother (I am such an addict), then upstairs to hit the gym for upper body and core workout I am thinking since some of my medical stuff is in serious flare right now, that tonight will be my rest night from fitness to give me a chance to recover a bit I like being 100% me
Old 08-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #215  
Mummy-tummy battler

Ye-haw! Weighed in this morning and got 88.4kg (194.9lb). That's just over 2lbs lost this week I really needed to see that.

@ MyTurn what sort of core work do you do? I need to start doing core stuff I have such a weak midsection but I just HATE core work. Perpetuating the cycle.

@ ShadowMom congrats on being so close, you'll be jumping over that line in no time
Old 08-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #216  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

ItsMyTurn, shadowmom & 2sw33t- thanks for words of encouragement. Today was much better. Not exactly on plan as I'd like, but better. I was up a pound this morning and I still feel all bloated from all that pasta and bread yesterday! Didn't get to exercise today and if my schedule for the next few days stays the same it might be Tuesday before I get to walk again but I will try to sneak in some Zumba when no one is looking.

Jitterfish- great job on the 2 lb loss!

ItsMyTurn- I think one night of rest wouldn't hurt, especially if medical problems are involved! You don't want to hurt yourself!

Shadowmom- yay on seeing 200!! Soooo close to onderland! Can you taste it!?!!

Has anyone ever had any experience, good or bad, with any of the Full Bar products? I'd like to hear anything you have to say about them!

Have a great night everyone!

Last edited by shalyn; 08-25-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:53 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

jitter, yay on the 194! 2lbs in a week is awesome!

shalyn, one day of refeeding is actually recommended. just stay moving, if you can't get in an actual workout just move. that burns calories too. They actually say ---- NEAT It's called Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT), which is basically any movement that isn't intended as exercise. You can burn an extra 100-150 calories an hour by increasing NEAT is better than nothing. Actually that is a good slogan "NEAT is better than nothing." I'm just going to remind myself I'm moving--so that is better than sitting on the couch.

myturn, I actually love core work, but the abdominals are killer. I have the Gold's gym minitramp workout, and she does a freaking ab shredder. But, I am going to do it today. I love pilates for core work more than anything.

shadowmom, yeah, cake and me are not the best of friends either. Congrats on the 200. You have skin cell--soon to be a toe--in ONEderland!!!!

Sw33t, the last thing you want to do is lose muscle. So lift something, keep them conditioned, very very basic things keep you from losing muscle...

I think the rice constipated my little man, he hasn't pooped all day . What did I do? He's been cranky still, and nothing is helping. I am still liking the cycle thing. it's sad, cuz I have a wonderful exercise bike, that doesn't get used, because it is not very comfortable, and it's a chore to drag out of the closet, and put it back. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it to a pawn shop or something...I keep thinking, the smaller I get the more I will want to burn, and I will pull it out out of desperation. I don't know though.

Today was a good weigh in. 191.4. I don't know WTH the 195s came from, but I don't know if I should keep them as an indicator of my weight loss or just make a note of the high weights and the circumstances surrounding them??? what would you do. I'm so close to the 190.s--those 195s will put me higher for my next weekly avg. Oh yeah, I fit a skirt suit that is a 14 petite. It is a little tight on my belly and boobs, but pretty much fits. So I guess I am a size 14.

The definition in my legs is awesome though. I love it. I know everyone thinks I have nice legs, but I used to have killer dancer legs, I want them back.

I need prayer, my mojo to clean the house is broken. Especially when I took the dog for a walk because he usually stays in the kennel all day, and he whines so awful. I walked him down the road to a friend's house...and he tried to poop in the yard. I yanked him away. I took him to the side of the road, didn't poop. Walked him back home, didn't poop. Put him in the house, and let him stay out of the kennel while I watered the yard. HE FREAKING SHAT EVERYWHERE IN MY ROOM!!!! I think it is really disgusting, and I am terribly paranoid of crap because of worms--which I didn't see thank God...but my room looks disgusting and I can't walk round barefoot. Of course I cleaned it up, but just the thought is so disgusting. I yelled and RANTED at the dog. And then I just look at my room in disgust. Plus, I think I am getting a migraine.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #218  
~Star~

jitter - I have a total gym, and one of the add-ons I got was the ab crunch bars.... along with that, the AbCore workout... all I can say is "ouch". BUT... it uses and incline which take a percentage of your body weight to use as resistance and I am all the way up on level 4 now and seriously seeing reshaping results... totally worth it! Then on my "off days" from strength, I do a full ab series on the floor after my elliptical workout (while muscles are all warmed up) and that's killer too I simply LOVE seeing progress though... I go one more rep, one more set, or look in the mirror to see my actual shape I had at one time is coming back! :O So yes, I think they are killer... I have a hard time to get going honestly...but... once IN the workout, I am totally stoked off adrenaline, results, and pride in what I am doing Which makes me push more and succeed more. The AbCrunch workout also works the lats, the lower back, the middle of the back (and I HAD issues with lower back before doing this), etc... the whole core Yay for being 2Lbs down!!!! That is so great!!!! You get to sit and look at the declining numbers!!! Woohoo!!!

Jen - I am not familiar with the Gold's gym minitramp workout... but if it works, you feel it, and you like it... it has to be a winner!!! I also have the Pilates video for my total gym with attachments to help, but have yet to break that out yet... I have heard all good things about the Pilates as far as stretching is concerned too. I tend to focus on strength/endurance and then lose flexibility in the process... I should bust that open and check it out. Sorry to hear of the stunt your dog pulled... sometimes our pets behave just like children

shalyn - A good workout with Zumba will get your heart rate up for sure! It doesn't hurt to miss out on exercise every now and then to confuse your system either And I totally agree and will do the night off tonight. DH said he will make the stir-fry for supper so we can eat as a family (usually I will do a salad or something after my workout, but don't make the family wait on me) to help encourage me to take the night off... he says I should take a nice cool bath, get my jammies on early (take away the temptation of movement, lol), have supper with the family, and just relax tonight. You know what? For once, I think that man may be on to something! LOL!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #219  
Mummy-tummy battler

Ok weekend goal for me then is to make sure I do a core work out. You guys have talked me in to it! Might pull out the pilates DVD today if both kids go for a nap at the same time (haha dreams are free)
Old 08-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #220  
~Star~

jitter - Yay for getting on the "core" bandwagon!!!!! I hope you get a chance to do one over the weekend! Also... dreams are free, yes... but... sometimes dreams really do come true too! LOL! Ya never know!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:39 AM   #221  

i DID get a migraine, but took meds and prayed for it to go away. It did. So I went ahead and did a few pilates moves. Bought the replacement minitramp, and the darned dvd didn't work out of the box. oh well. my friend didn't show AGAIN. I'm just going to do it on my own. I started jogging for a warm up before I did the resistance portion of the dvd, and the dvd doesn't work...so I finished with some mod. pushups, tricep dips, squats, planks, wind mills, and that was it. My pedometer says I walked the equivalent of 6.57 miles. I did 1/2 a mile with the cycle, and a few minutes of jogging.

So excited to get into the 180s, but I remember the stall. I am so close though...I'm going to push through. Last time I got to the 170s--stalled, gained to 183, and then got pregnant...lol..this time I am going ALL THE WAY TO 145.

jitter, yay for core.

myturn, yes, I think you need a rest.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:27 AM   #222  

ok that is the 2nd time I worked out. I finished out my pedometer on 8.05 miles. 1 mile was jogging. That is equivalent to 16, 987 steps on the pedm.I am really serious about getting out of the 180s fast. So I think I will give myself a goal of jogging 1 mile fasted every day, and getting at least 5 miles of activity in.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:13 AM   #223  
Mummy-tummy battler

Just did 30min cardio boxing, some floor work to work on my core and I've got that nice post-workout feeling. *tmi moment* I'm also planning some great sex tonight, not sure if that is an exercise option of the various places I log my exercise -LOL-

Speaking of logging, what does everyone use? Do you record what you do, or wing it?

I log on my phone (app called noom, does calories, exercise and weight), and I'm a beta tester on a weight loss site so log there as well. I use to write it down but the joy of phone is I can do it the moment I exercise at the gym, ditto for food. It even reminds me lol
Old 08-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #224  
~Star~

Jen - Sorry about the migraine. Those are the worst. Glad it went away though. Sounds like you have your plan in place to bust through your stall when it hits You go girl!

jitter - I wasn't logging until this week. I started using Myfitnesspal on the computer. They have an app for phones too, but since I am in the stone age with no cell phone, I just rely on my computer
Old 08-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #225  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

So, I changed the battery in my scale and it all of a sudden had me 6 lbs heavier!
Of course, I popped the old battery back in, and DAMN still says I am 6 lbs heavier! WTF??

I am >thisclose< to teetering on the edge of saying "screw it".... I did not need THIS!

Edit: Nevermind, moved it to the carpet and back to where it should be. No, that's not cheating, I started on the carpet I'll end on the carpet.

Last edited by m3rma1d; 08-26-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Closed Thread