Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #226  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

I really should be in NJ helping my boyfriend at the Red Cross for Hurricane Irene.... Tomorrow is our 3 year anniversary, I really want to be with him and instead I am all the way up in Maine doing nothing. UGH!!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #227  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

Had a good moment this morning when I got on the scale and it said about 214 (hard to tell exactly since it's analog, but it was definitely less than halfway between 210 and 220).

Then I got to work and started paying bills, since I got paid today. Water and electric bill is insane - water usage at more than 5x what it was two months ago due to a leak and malfunctioning toilet. A monthly donation came out of one of my accounts yesterday, leaving me with a $34 insufficient funds fee. Now I don't have enough to sign up DD for her early fall gymnastics session. I'm going to start selling plasma tomorrow... at least that's one thing being a higher weight is good for. *sigh*
Old 08-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #228  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

m3 - If you want to go and you think you could be a help, then go for it.. if scheduling won't allow though, then don't beat yourself up... you are with him in spirit

2sw33t - I totally understand where you are at. Financial woes are being shared with by me right now and no idea how to even get the food for the kids for the next week...hoping we have enough reserves in cupboards to get them through. Somehow there will be a light at the end of the tunnel, we just have to get to the end of the tunnel to greet it Stay strong and know you are not alone on that battle either.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

ugh, finanances. Right now I am still living off school loans, but that will end and I pray to God that I have a good job by then.

m3, that is sweet your boyfriend is there, I'm sorry you are not there with him, but like myturn said, you are there for support. well, you should not weigh on the carpet because it messes the function, but you are still down the amount of lbs you lost if not the weight you thought you were. So keep going.

myturn, I am praying your financial situation turns around too. It is a good thing our father owns a cattle on a thousand hills.

sw33t, that is hard hun. I am praying that you get in a better financial situation.

well, still busting my butt to get this place clean,Thomas actually played quietly for a few minutes, thanks to the toys I bought him.

that is why I am worried about finances, I want to get him nice things and spoil him but I can't, and if I do, we are short. So it kind of sucks. I shouldn't complain. Well, I am having scale woes it seems I am just heavier during the day up until the afternoon--when I don't eat. So I am back at 193.4. I am sure I will bust out of this though. I read the other threads about the 180s and 170s and it really inspired me to see the people getting out of the threads.I jogged for 1.14 miles and that was 20 min. I got the kitchen almost completely clean and have been whittling away at the other rooms inch by inch. My pedi says I walked 6.22 miles already. I have been going for 4hrs :20 min. back to the chopping block.

Last edited by jendiet; 08-26-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #230  
~Star~

Jen - thank you so much hon, but honestly, somehow we will make it through the rough time, always do... as you know, He always provides..and the sources can be so unexpected
You are on fire! Look at all you are accomplishing!!! :O That's a productive day for sure!!! I am so proud of you! It sure does help when the kids find a way to amuse themselves to free us up a moment
Old 08-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 226/213/174

Height: 5'7

Hi Ladies,

I haven't had a chance to read back yet so sorry for the lack of personals. We've been away camping for the past week and spent yesterday at Legoland which was just amazing! I haven't been great on the old food front in that I haven't lost any weight but equally considering we were in a tent and not cooking properly I'm weirdly pleased with that. The plum trees in my garden are more or less finished so I think I'll switch from low GI to low carb. I know that works for me and as long as I exercise it will be fat I lose not muscle. I've got 2 classes booked for next week - Zumba and Spinning and I'm planning on at least one gym trip too.

Please help me to do this ladies. I have to do this, if not for me then for my children.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #232  
~Star~

Pickle - Great to hear from you! I have wanted to take my kiddos to Legoland for the last 6 yrs... still waiting for the chance That sounds like a blast! To be honest, to have no cooking as an option, I say you did pretty darn good not gaining!!! How awesome! You can do this... you have the goals set, you have your mind on it... now just have to have the perseverence to get through it
Old 08-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #233  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

m3- I find I weigh more when I put the scale on the carpet. Kooky scales!

Pickle- Mmmm plums. Sounds like you have a plan, that is so important! You can do it!

Jen- Thanks for the info, I wondered about "refueling". I think I may have overdone it tho. Are you doing an online college? I've been looking for a good one. What are you studying?

2sw33t- money sucks! Stuff like that always happens at the wrong time!

Weigh in this morning was 205.4. For lunch, I had a burger and only ate 5 fries that came with it. I made soup and baked fish and salad for dinner and plan to not eat past 7. I still feel really unmotivated but trying so hard to be reasonable with the food. Considering I went from around 600g carbs a day to 100-150, I think I'm doing better than I think. I think I'm just a little disappointed to not see my weight moving as much as I thought I would. I did lose 1.5" in my waist since last week tho! Today I bought new capris size 18 and they fit well. Usually 18's are a little tight on me. So that's pretty exciting too.

Does anyone use PlexusSlim?

Last edited by shalyn; 08-26-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 244/199/160

Height: 5'2"

<--- LOOK!!!

Today I hit 199! That is 45 lbs lost... and 1 pound away from losing 20% of my starting weight. ***Sigh***
Old 08-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #235  
~Star~

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmom74 View Post
<--- LOOK!!!

Today I hit 199! That is 45 lbs lost... and 1 pound away from losing 20% of my starting weight. ***Sigh***
Super yay!!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #236  
~Star~

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalyn View Post

Weigh in this morning was 205.4. For lunch, I had a burger and only ate 5 fries that came with it. I made soup and baked fish and salad for dinner and plan to not eat past 7. I still feel really unmotivated but trying so hard to be reasonable with the food. Considering I went from around 600g carbs a day to 100-150, I think I'm doing better than I think. I think I'm just a little disappointed to not see my weight moving as much as I thought I would. I did lose 1.5" in my waist since last week tho! Today I bought new capris size 18 and they fit well. Usually 18's are a little tight on me. So that's pretty exciting too.

Does anyone use PlexiSlim?
Super yay for your NSV!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! To wear comfortably, the clothes you couldn't before, is a hugely wonderful feeling! Congrats!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

pickle, you must have burned so many calories with the kiddos! Sounds like fun.

Shadowmom. Love your avatar, look at those beautiful clavicles. I think that is one of the classiest things on a woman--her clavicles. I think they accentuate a pretty bust, and I think you got that going for you. You hit onderland!!!!

myturn, yes the sources are always unexpected. He likes to show off

shalyn, great NSV. I know what you mean. I got a pair of 12s I was wearing back in 2007, and I put them on every week. I can button them, but they are still painfully tight. I think the best thing is feeling your clothes get loose. You KNOW you are getting smaller in a good way.

afm: I have been doing activity like crazy, but after 3pm, I stopped being productive. I just kind of fiddled here and there. I got 9.48 miles on the pedi and still going that is 20, 021 steps. It has been 9 hrs on my feet, and I'm weirdly just hyper. I did eat icecream and chocolate--got rid of my migraine. 9 hrs and 17 min on my feet. My pedi says I burned 955 calories in activity. I'm sure that is about right.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #238  
~Star~

Jen - you have just totally been on the go! Wow! Way to be! I have been sitting on my butt most of the time since I got home. DH made me a salad for supper...yummy! In a bit, we are going to play pool and then go swimming in our pool Looks like a themed night, LOL
Old 08-27-2011, 01:51 AM   #239  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

Thanks guys!

Shadowmom- awesome job & great pics!
Old 08-27-2011, 03:59 AM   #240  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

@Shadowmom woohoo, awesome!

@Everyone oh yeh money sucks. DH decided to do a business venture which left us strapped for cash, especially because then we had to put my cat down [big sad face] and we have extra bills coming out this month so I'm slightly stressed. Life continues to get more expensive and salaries don't seem to be following suit. Still I know we are luckier than many so trying to stay positive.

Ok so bad day for me, the candy that has been sitting there is now gone. And then there was a chocolate chip muffin. Ah well, sometimes it happens, not going to dwell. But man I ate a lot of candy (and yanno what it wasn't even that good but I kept eating -LOL-).

I hate grading papers, I always eat bad when I grade papers and I need to get out of that habit and not use it as an excuse! I still have more than 80 papers to grade and there is no way I'm going to eat crap for the rest of them (I'm only about 1/4 of the way there).
Closed Thread