Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Approaching Onederland and Beyond. Come Join Us! We did it; you can too!

This is the new thread for the one formerly "Onederland Hopefuls". We realized getting to onederland was 1 GOAL. It is a great goal, but we are on a journey. Goals are like stepping stones to get across the whole pond. So come join us and reach your stepping stone of onederland, but don't forget to skip well beyond that with us.

Ok, to recap for me: 197.6 clothed with summer stuff. Since the a/c broke and I had to get out of bed for the a/c man, I had to weigh quickly. I will check again at normal time, before I break my fast. Right now i'm chugging COLD water.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Howdy! I'm here. Thank you Jen for starting our new thread!

Recap on me...aged 35...started at 217 end of May. Hit 199 in early July. Weighed in today at 188.5. My diet plan is low calorie, low carb and intermittent fasting, with one or two mild off plan meals a week (to keep my metabolism guessing).
Old 08-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #3  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Well wooohoooO! I made the swap! LOL!

Jen - sounds like you had a heck of a night! At least you got a bit of a treat out of it though

dogdays - glad to see you made it over!

recap: age 36, started end of March at 236, took a break from worrying or doing anything from May 24-July1st cause parents were visiting from other side of the country, then this morning weighed in at 208.8 Not touching my "current weight" amount though until my Wednesday weigh in...and my "plan" has been ever changing with constant tweaks, LOL! Essentially I am doing strength training now 3x/wk, cardio 3x/wk with a bunch of extra on weekend, and have a nutritionalist that has basically cut out what I am to eat for me (the plus is: I don't have to think about it..someone else did that part for me, lol).
Old 08-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #4  

heh. we are throwing in our stats? Ok, Jen here, I'm about to be 32 in September. My plan is mostly IF, I try to keep it reasonable, as soon as my body figures out my plan, i have to change it. My favorite cardio. HIIT on a rebounder. Then resistance training with tubing, and good ol planks. My weight loss is SLOOOOOOW. But, 5 lbs really shows on me.

myturn, how is everything going with DD?

dogdays, how low carb are you going? what carbs do you eat?
Old 08-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #5  

I'm kind of forced to low carb because of my PCOS/insulin resistance. I try to stick to 60 carbs per day and about 1200 calories. If I have a heavy elliptical workout, I'll eat more so I don't go too low. I try to stick with good carbs like veggies, berries and whole grain...but I'll admit to having a good old Skinny Cow ice cream treat now and again. If I do blow out calories for whatever reason (like last Friday), I keep my carb/calorie ratio under 40%.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #6  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

Herro, here I am in the new thread.

Recap: I started at 285 back in August of 08... Did things here & there half-azzed up and down for almost 3 years, and at 240 on June 13th I started AGAIN ("for realz this time!" haha how many times have you said or heard THAT?) with a goal to hit 199 by Sept 13th. (3 months to lose 41 lbs)

I am now at 214.2.

Today I decided dammit, I am going to have a semi-cheat day. I haven't had one in 3 or 4 weeks. McNuggets are calling my name. Did my resistance bands, taking a day off from walking, but going to play at pinball club tonight. (It's at least slightly physical)... Yay!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/195/150

I'm very hopeful!
here's my Intro: I'm 38 and only started seriously trying to lose weight about 6 weeks ago (about 1 year post-partum with baby #3!). My biggest weakness was definitely "snacking" on whatever i could find when i get home from work around 5.30. My solution is to do an exercise DVD (mostly Jillian Michaels) as soon as I get home...by the time i am done i feel like vomiting instead of snacking
I've been vegetarian since i was a toddler and have eaten for years along mediterranean-ish principles - very little processed food (apart from the after-work thing, when i will eat anything that is around), lots of veggies and whole grains (but no fish for me), so i am sticking with that and attempting to reduce portion sizes and cut out the snacking. I've lost 7 lb so far, had hoped for more but its better than gaining!

This seems like a really nice thread. Itsmyturn, i hope your DD's surgery went well.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #8  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

Hello!
I'm 34, 2 kids (5 yrs and 10 weeks), started at 219 lbs currently at 209 (I had reached 203 but gained some back..grrr). My first big goal is 175 which I plan to do with mini goals of losing 5 lbs a month (just blogged about it in my 3FC blog!)
I've been trying to do Zumba every other day and it's helped me maintain my current weight. Now to get the food part straight. I'm horrible at calorie counting, I never stick with it. I'm just trying to make sensible decisions which is super hard while being a full time mom! Unfortunately, my downfall is food. All food. I crave it all...pizza, hamburgers, donuts, brownies. When it comes to food, will power is not my strong point.

Itsmyturn - I hope your daughter is ok!

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by shalyn; 08-05-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-05-2011, 02:45 AM   #9  

m3, sometimes you just feel like a nugget. I got to have some the other day. Killed the craving, and it's really not to bad of a food.

dogdays, shheeesh. 60 carb. I have that in one snack. I get really mean when I don't have carbs though. I have been so brave as to limit it to 100g before...but I am NO WHERE NEAR that right now. I know about insulin resistance--that is what turned me onto IF.

gardnermom, it sounds like you got healthy eating down, we just got to get less in ya.

shalyn, that is pretty btw, our babies are about the same age. I have an almost 3 month old boy. But I have an older boy too.

well, the scale was cranky, but it cranked out 195.4 as the lowest weight..so I took that one. I barely snacked today, and had an actual 2 meal day today. I feel heavy from the tetrazini though. I didn't get in an actual workout, did a few pushups (mod) but that is it. My friend bailed on our routine today. I need to get to the point, where I do something without her...i'm working on it. I also cleaned the pool for some exercise today too.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:18 AM   #10  

Glad to see everyone coming over to the new thread.

m3 - I'm still amazed at the success you've had since June. It's incredible! You'll be in ONEderland in no time!

gardenermom - no fish for me either! I wish I liked it because it's so lean and carb free. But nope, no fish...I can't stand the smell!

shalyn - congrats on the new baby! I hear you on the food thing. It's taken me a long time to get food willpower. It's what kept me from starting my diet sooner...

Jen - it took me a week or so to break my carb addiction. I too got really cranky when I started limiting my carb intake. I started at about 150 carbs and kept lowering from there. And now that I'm at 60 carbs, my mood is happier, I don't crave carbs EVER and I'm far less hungry. And yes, IR and IF seem to benefit one another well, don't they?

187lbs...down 30 as of this morning. Gah!!!!! I'm super psyched.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #11  
Optimistic.

Jen - Cool...mmy oldest is a girl and the baby is a boy. I see your from SC, so is my husband!

Dogdays - do you limit to 60 carbs a day? Congrats on the new low weight! We started at about the same and I can't wait to get where you are now! How long did that take you?
Old 08-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #12  

I started in late May. I think around 5/22, but then Memorial Day travels (eating out) set me back to my starting weight (I'd only lost a few lbs), so I kind of think of Memorial Day as my true starting point since the scale consistently declined from there. Yes, I try to limit it to 60 carbs/day. But if I'm having an off plan meal, I will go as high as 100. I try to do that once a week so my body doesn't acclimate to the 60 carbs and 1200 calories. My body is super sensitive to metabolic changes and fights me, so it's an ongoing battle, LOL!

Last edited by dogdaysofdiets; 08-05-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:01 AM   #13  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

Semi-cheat day went well. Those McNuggets and McD's sweet tea were DEEELISH! And I stayed under 1500 cals for the day. (didn't eat all day and just had the nugs & tea for dinner on the way to pinball lol)

Today I am 214.0 YAY! I thought for sure all the sodium and grease would give me a false-gain.

Didn't play very well at pinball last night, but luckily no one else did either so I actually beat a lot of guys at a lot of games. w00t!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #14  
Optimistic.

Dogdays - Thanks, I'm just starting (attempting) low-carb/counting so any info helps! Unfortunately, my morning iced coffee has about 12 carbs and I have that twice a day...guess I know the 1st thing to go. I'm nursing so I get 1800-2000 calories, yay!

I weighed this morning at 208.8, previously at 209.9 so another yay! Every pound gone makes me smile!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #15  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

dogdays - so glad you were able to figure out what works best for you I have been told that condition you have makes the weight loss process so difficult, so admire that you figured out your effective plan of action fairly swiftly

Jen - that sounds like a great weigh in! How have you been feeling now?

Shaylyn - Do you zumba at your house? Or with a class? I have been told that was super fun, but not sure where to start, yet due to my schedule most workout activities need to be able to be done at home for me...didn't know if you had a dvd or something that you use? Maybe one you would recommend?

gardenermom - Sounds like you already have a good foundation to begin with nutritionally...what a great thing! Sometimes learning that nutrition portion is a stumbling block for us... and you have that one conquered..how awesome!!!

m3 - I am so glad you enjoyed the semi-cheat/treat day!!!! I had never realized you had a Maine residence in your profile too My roots are wayyyyy north of Portland, but still very cool to see!!!!!

DD update: She made it through the surgery, and is home. However it went more than double the time expected due to some unanticipated surprises of the negative form. We are now unsure if it will be effective at all, but I remain hopeful it will. Her cartilage is totally gone, of course we knew the gel packs were already... she totally tore and ripped her damiskus (sp?) and it shattered and had cartilage latch between knee joint and start growing again in lumps (so he removed those) and also her ligament is torn and ripped apart as well. Therefore at this point, she will be total bone on bone. One step at a time right now though. We have the weekend to use the walker half time to try and get her to feel her leg again and the other half to try and get her to walk again...she starts school Monday and refuses to use the walker starting at a new school. I don't blame her. She will see her dr again in a week or so, and then start physical therapy. We will see where that lands us She is a trooper though and I am so very proud!!!!

I didn't get a chance to do the gym last night due to the surgery going so much longer, but did repetitively carry DD to the restroom and back throughout the evening and night... so lugging her is good strength training Thank you all so very much for your thoughts and care... truly, honestly means a ton to me!
Closed Thread