Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:41 AM   #256  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

ItsMyTurn - awesome testimony! God is good, all the time!

jen - sorry about the gain. I'm up too - 6-7lbs! - but I know why and I know it isn't all a true gain. I know when I had lost weight before, there came a time when I really had to start counting calories. (I started off just "eating less and exercising more" but I needed to be stricter than that after I got into onederland.) Try some things out, and definitely check the measurements, and hopefully you'll break into the 180s in short order

m3rma1d - way cool on winning a prize! AND you looked great doing it!

my2cats - WTG! You're only a couple pounds away! I'm so jealous

shalyn - when the inches are going down, just ignore the scale! You're doing great!

AFM, I did pretty terrible this weekend for various reasons. I don't even know how many cupcakes I ate, and this morning I was up to 221. I almost decided not to step on the scale, but I prefer knowing - I do best weighing every day. I won't change my sig until I know the real damage though. On a positive note, though, I got up early this morning and went to the gym for the first time in many moons. Not knowing where my strength is at right now, I just did a set of 20 reps with the bar for squats, bench press, and stiff-legged deadlifts, then did 7 minutes on a bike (I was in a hurry so I wouldn't be late to work). I might do something similar again tomorrow, and then I'll work on an actual routine.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #257  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

2sw33t - Congrats on the gym workout!! I am so happy you got the movement going!!!! It won't be long and that damage will be gone and progress will be made again!!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:53 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

m3rma1d, those deviled eggs look delicious! GREAT job! Hope you got through the tournament ok, especially with your eating. GREAT pic of you by the way! You look good!

shalyn, just keep pushing forward, you will hit onederland before you know it. My body likes to say at the 9's, at 229 and 219 it didn't budge for a while, when wham, it just came off. Keep working it, it has no where else to go, but down. Congrats on another inch lost on your waist. I know that feels GREAT!

Itsmyturn, looks like you had one busy day! Awesome workouts!

my2cats, That is awesome!

jendiet, I know how frustrating it can be. Keep going girl. You are doing great! Just know sooner or later it will come off. It has no where else to go. Maybe keep a track of your daily food intake and play with that. Add a new workout to your routine. Sometimes our body needs to be shocked with something new.

I weighed in today at 216.8 and feel great! My body gets stronger every day, and I am loving it! I can't wait to be in onederland, the day I make that, will be an awesome day! I haven't see onederland in about 9 years.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #259  
~Star~

Transforming - I bet it won't take much time for you to hit there at all! You are going to look back once in Onederland and say "wow that was fast", LOL! I look forward to it too! I push a little extra now that I am so close I can spit and hit it, but it seems my body seems my body is the type that will butt heads with me and make sure I know it is on IT'S terms and timeline, not mine, LOL
Old 08-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #260  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

As usual I'm in a hurry and have limited time online so again, forgive my lack of personal responses!

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!

I'm still weighing in at around 205. I also weigh myself at night (I just like to see the difference from my morning weight) and where it used to be 5 lbs more than my morning weigh in, it's now only 1 or 2 lbs more. I think it may have to do with eating less carbs. I definitely feel and look less bloated.

I start walking again tomorrow so I'm excited about that, who knew I'd actually miss exercising?! Also, I might start using Plexus Slim, not sure yet.

Everyone have a good night and a good day tomorrow!
Old 08-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #261  
~Star~

shalyn - I have no idea what Plexus Slim is, but I will say I am not surprised you are missing exercise. I know I only missed one day and feel cheated, lol. I think it's official, exercise is part of my routine now... without a chance to do it, I don't feel as good It's amazing how we retrain ourselves during this process
Old 08-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

sw$$t, that is just a blip in the scheme of things. just get right back on plan.

myturn, exercise is a wonderful routine to have.

transforming, yay! You are going to be in onederland soon enough.

shalyn, sounds like a plan. I am going to find out what plexus slim is. plexus--is part of a name of a bundle of nerves, so I am curious.

afm: I know this is NOT a real gain. There is no way I was THAT off plan. The difference is when I weigh. Since I weighed at 4pm, there is no way that will be beneficial to me at 1 pm. I don't know why the difference but it is there. But at 7am, it is 193.0. So going back down. My body is looking even more toned, so I probably shouldn't sweat the scale, but it is slightly upsetting. Still what is 1 or 2 lbs in the scheme of things....eitherway I am getting there.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #263  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Sorry I've been MIA. I was traveling for work late last week and returned home just before the hurricane hit. No damage to our house but we've been without power since Saturday. Internet access is limited to my cell phone at the moment. They're predicting we'll be without electricity through the weekend. I'll be back posting as soon as I can!! Keep up the good work ladies!!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #264  
~Star~

Jen - you are so right... your pounds are back in the downward spiral...and to see more tone is WONDERFUL!!!! Such a better measure than the scale sometimes or sure!

dogdays - Glad to hear you are ok!!! My friend up in the northeast just got her power back today - had been stressing without it. Amazing how many had to go without for so long.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #265  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

dogdays - no electricity sucks, but glad to hear your house is undamaged

jen - good attitude, tho I definitely know how the scale has the power to affect our mood, even when we know it's "wrong"

shalyn - I'm also curious about Plexus Slim, what it is?

Transforming - Wow, you're doing great!

ItsMyTurn - I need to get your and shalyn's attitude about exercise - it's been a while since I've felt like I was "missing" my workout

AFM, I didn't go the gym because I decided to "donate" plasma again this morning (so I'd have money to shop at the farmer's market tonight) - I'll go to the gym tomorrow morning instead. I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate gym 3x a week and giving plasma 2x a week without actually taking any time out of my regular schedule. I was just going to do it all in the morning before work, but the plasma donation just takes so long - I was at the center at 6:15am, I was "VIP" as it was my second donation, and it still took almost an hour to get a bed and get the plasmaphoresis (sp?) started. I don't really want to get up any earlier, but that might be the only option - and it's only twice a week, right? I can tell it's going to get old quickly, though.

ETA: wow, I use "quotes" a lot

Last edited by 2sw33t; 08-30-2011 at 09:26 AM. Reason: comment
Old 08-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #266  
~Star~

2sw33t - I am glad your plasma centers open early enough for you to get there. I would actually have to take a dang day off (and lose more money then getting in return) in order to do that cause they are open the exact same hours I work! I hope you have great luck getting some yummies at the farmer's market!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #267  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

FINALLY packing for New Jersey to go help out at the Red Cross. I have to say, sitting here unsure for the last few days has done a number on my routine.. I've been eating CRAP and barely exercising. I will be bustin' my azz when I get there, so hopefully I can un-do the last few days' damages.

I am sooooooooooo nervous to see my boyfriend!! Haven't seen him since early July, and he's never seen me at this weight... I REALLY hope he can see a difference, I'm gonna be crushed if he says I look the same

Last edited by m3rma1d; 08-30-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:50 PM   #268  
~Star~

m3 - good luck to you, what a great cause to help out with. I have no doubt he will notice. Be safe
Old 08-31-2011, 12:19 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

m3-be careful, I am sure he will notice!

myturn, yes, attitude really is everything. How are you and your daughter doing?

dogdays, sorry about your power, glad to see you posting.

sw33t, coming back down too? be careful of giving plasma and working out too hard.

afm: I couldn't believe it I saw a NEW LOW today 190.6. I think my body is really struggling to get past my familiar "set weight" of 196. I stayed in the 190s for so long, then I battled the 180s--then stayed in the 180s for so long....but we are coming ALONG just fine. I had a little bit of alcheehol again. but I did run for a mile on the rebounder before I ate something. then I went shopping for a couple of hours again. I can button the 12s and walk around in them without feeling my intestines are going to come out my mouth--so that is progress. I have horrible muffin top with them though.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:11 AM   #270  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Everyone looks to be doing great, awesome work team! I do love this thread, it just make me feel positive and supported.

I did what I shouldn't do and decided to see how I was doing weight wise today, because I've been to the gym three times this week and worked out really hard. And **** me I've put on -LOL- I know its a fluctuation, and I know I should have just not looked. Friday when I normally weigh I hope to see a change, this bouncing around sucks! But in all, even if the scale doesn't play the game I can feel the difference because I'm working out harder wo0t.
Closed Thread