Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 03:39 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

well, got 3 out of 4 goals down. I worked out by myself, but my 9 pm was tied up with my other neighbor. I actually fell asleep early, but got awaken at 3 am. So now I'm wide a$$ awake. I even took 1/2 of a tylenol pm to go to sleep. darn it.

my turn, my breast supply is actual doing alot better. I started eating oats every day. Well, that is the reason to feed dairy cows oats. lol. I'm sorry its so hot. It even sounds hot in your house. Awesome on the 206!

I'm so excited to move my ticker tomorrow. It's going to be 194 unless I really blew it today, and i didn't. I am getting really excited, I might start doing some super low carb days alternating with higher carbs, but i'm not giving up IF yet. If it works, I will stick to it.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #92  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Jen - 3 out of 4 goals is great Sorry to hear about the sleep though. I am s glad the oats are doing the trick for you!!! One less worry I can't wait to see your ticker move again!!!!! You have been so consistent with the loss (even if you don't feel it sometimes), and that is surely the way to be!
Old 08-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #93  

well today is a blah day. I fell asleep again after I took 1/2 a melatonin. I read online it is safe under 3 mg to take while breastfeeding.

I want to cook some shish kabobs, and corn and potatoes. sounds carby huh?

my weigh in is not looking great, which makes me say a big what the heck? I ate LOW carbs yesterday, I worked out, and the scale had the nerve to show 196 when I first got up. Of course it is not time to weigh yet. I eat really late, and I did not sleep. so I will weigh at regular time and see what that says. Regardless it is time to move my ticker.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #94  

omg, great weigh in. I have been so busy cooking. I haven't broke my fast yet. Well, the scale said 192.6! NEW LOW! HAPPY DANCE.

i have to go finish cooking, but not before I update my ticker.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Jen - great job with your goals yesterday! Sorry you're having a rough day today with your scale. Weight fluctuations are so dang annoying. Glad to hear your milk supply is improving for you!! That must be a relief!!

ItsMy - I always thought AZ was hot and dry...surprised to hear you referring to humidity. The heat and humidity combo is awful. We get a good dose of that every summer and it's brutal...drives the heat index right up and makes me retain ridiculous amounts of fluid, especially in my hands for some reason.

I've had a pretty good weekend - keeping on plan and catching up with workouts. My weight didn't move this morning, but it did hold at 185.2, so I'm happy with that.

Thank you for your support about my grandmother. It will be a long road and we have a lot of decisions to make. From what I gather, when my grandmother was young, people didn't as commonly make end of life plans like we do now (wills, power of attorneys, assisted living savings and preferences, etc), so it's a bit daunting to now have to make those decisions on her behalf with limited input from her. We'll get through it and find our new routines, I'm sure.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
omg, great weigh in. I have been so busy cooking. I haven't broke my fast yet. Well, the scale said 192.6! NEW LOW! HAPPY DANCE.

i have to go finish cooking, but not before I update my ticker.
I was typing as you posted this. YAY!!!!!!!!!!

You are cruising!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #97  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

YAY JEN!

DogDays--Better to stay still than move sometimes! It'll move soon (the right direction, of course) and you'll be happy!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #98  

dogdays, don't worry about the scale not moving, at least it didnt go up. You are having tremendous progress, plus we don't want to lose too fast, we don't want flab!
I never had to deal with a grandparent dying until just recently and it was my so's grandmother. She died right after the baby was born. I was so sad. I was getting used to my son and I having grandparent like figures in our lives...and then she died. Thankfully his other grandma and grandpa are still alive. We try to go see them as much as possible, but I MISS MY MOTHER terribly. I want to be able to do nice things for her. I miss brushing her hair, and doing her nails. I miss hugging her. I miss her so terribly. I hate it that since I have left, she has had aggressive arthritis, and she is in pain so much, and I can't be there to help her. But I know my life is full enough.

I am trying to ask some of the people at the local airport (small) if they wouldn't mind flying to Oklahoma my two sons and I for a couple hundred bucks. to see her everything else is so expensive! And driving is really hard, but if i have to< i will. It's been 2 years now.

m3, what have you been up to? you are a little quiet.

Thanks for the congratulations, I couldn't believe it. In between trying to get the kabobs done and making potato salad with also dealing with the baby off and on, I had no idea I was losing so much. I actually thought I would be up, because I was chugging water like crazy. I guess the water was released out of my cells instead..and I had a whoosh. Still I am not going to go nuts...I know I saw 192---but the bounce will happen, and I am not going to let it get to me.

my paper is due today... blah.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #99  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
m3, what have you been up to? you are a little quiet..
Well, Friday when I went to Grammy's, I called it my "day off" from exercise. I realized I hadn't had one since July 13th, and I was supposed to be taking ONE ALL-REST DAY per WEEK! Ooooops!
So the only exercise I did Friday was pick berries with Grammy.

Yesterday, I did my resistance bands for 1/2 hour, then did 1/2 hour's worth of the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD. Was gonna take a 4 mile walk as well, but the friend I was gonna go with canceled, and I figured I had done enough.

Today I was supposed to walk 3.5 miles with a different friend (Well, I was gonna add at least 1 mile to that without her), but she cancelled (she does about 99% of the time), so I got up & out, and walked 5.6 ALONE instead.

I like to walk with friends, but they slow me down and make my distances shorter, so I am better off doing it alone anyways.

I was 209.0 today, but my weekly-weigh-day (where I post a pic of the scale to facebook) is tomorrow. Wonder if it'll go down even more?

Last edited by m3rma1d; 08-14-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:41 PM   #100  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

Yes Jen I get it, thanks! And congrats on the new low weight!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:38 AM   #101  

[QUOTE=m3rma1d;3990171]Yesterday, I did my resistance bands for 1/2 hour, then did 1/2 hour's worth of the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD. Was gonna take a 4 mile walk as well, but the friend I was gonna go with canceled, and I figured I had done enough.

Today I was supposed to walk 3.5 miles with a different friend (Well, I was gonna add at least 1 mile to that without her), but she cancelled (she does about 99% of the time), so I got up & out, and walked 5.6 ALONE instead./QUOTE]

I'll say girl. Awesome exercise. I know how friends can be sometimes. My friend that I walked with actually didn't slow me down even though she is 4-5 inches shorter! I miss walking with her. She sometimes cancels on our workouts, but I have been doing a mini routine while still fasting. I hope we can do some circuit training tomorrow.

hey shalyn, was wondering what you were up to.

Well, I finished my paper. I really have to work on turning stuff in earlier, except I don't feel the need to? what is wrong with that. I see a deadline, as that--a deadline. So what if I like to push it?

well, I ate all the way up to midnight and a little past. I was hungry and I was busy today. I didn't eat too many carbs as my dinner was mostly meat and veggies. I had very little potato salad. It was soooo delicious though. I love stuff grilled. Shrimp is my favorite grilled. Usually I won't eat it unless it is grilled. We had shrimp and veggie kabobs, and stew meat on a skewer, as well as crappie, some baked potatoes, only veggie kabobs and corn. It was alot of work and at first I was swamped and irritated at all the work in addition to having to deal with the baby. Plus, my SO seemed like he was too wrapped up in the ball game to help me. I fussed a lot. He looked mad, but realized he had made plans with me, and came to help. I warmed up to him again, and cuddled him while he helped me. I told him he did a wonderful job--he handled the grill. I am glad he came around.

well tomorrow is my 12 year old's first day of 7th grade. Omg, he is getting so big. I hope he picked out good clothes for tomorrow. I had to give him some melatonin cause he couldn't sleep. lol he went to bed right after I gave it to him. He's like his momma in that sense. I CAN'T shut my brain off. So, I am going to take a 1/2 of one too and am going to bed.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #102  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

208.2 Whoohoo!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #103  

m3, that is awesome.

I bounced back up to 194.6 blah. Ahh well. I ate alot more carbs today and I did alot of work again, including mowing the lawn. no formal exercise today though. Have to figure something out. 9 ' oclock ain't going to work anymore.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:09 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 244/199/160

Height: 5'2"

AAHHH! We just got back from vacation!

We went to Ruidoso NM for a couple days and then to mom's to get my younger daughter and drop off older daughter. Back to work tomorrow, ug. Gained 2 lbs, this week, but I usually gain one during TOM (also sucks for vacay!) so I figured this wasn't too bad.

Started Couch to 5K tonight. Also started blogging. We'll see how that goes!

Sounds like everyone is doing well... Only read the last page, will have to go back more, tomorrow. I'm tired now!!

Night all!!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #105  

Jen - so sorry to hear about your Mom being so far away. I hope you can find a way to go visit her soon. It's so hard being far away from family...I'm finding that out the hard way with my grandmother being so far, yet so needy of our companionship. I hope your DS's first day back to school went well. My girls are counting down the minutes - they love school.

M3 - way to go on your drop this week!!!!! You are SO CLOSE!!! Keep it up!

Shadow - welcome back from vacation! I hope you had a good time. 2 pounds isn't bad, especially if you factor in TOM. I hope it's just water and you drop it quickly. You're so close to ONEderland!
Closed Thread