Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #181  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome 2sw33t!!! Good to have ya on board! Awww, thank you I do appreciate how everyone is here for everyone, and if I need to lean, I will sure step forward I think it's cool you read through the whole thread to get caught up, totally something I do! LOL! Although I still tend to miss stuff... case in point....

I totally missed over the new clothes part of the thread :O To answer that... With the first size I got too small for, it worked out perfectly when a coworker (due to medical isssues) was gaining INTO the size I got to small for... so we swapped clothes! Now that I am another size down, I am fortunate I saved that size in my closet, and that same coworker's daughter had shirts for me! The next size I will be doing thrift stores for essentials only though. Until I meet where I think I am at goal, I don't feel right spending anymore money than absolutely necessary when that money can be going to my family instead. There is a thrift store near me though, that is owned by a church...and every other Saturday, they also do 50% off thrift prices... has not been uncommon for me to get a shirt for $1.25. My favorite buy there was a pair of designer jeans (seen previously in mall for $125) I got for $5!!!! I am a couponer when it comes to groceries, a bargain shopper to the end for clothing... even the events we go to, I have been able to score free tickets through my work, LOL! On the cheap I will incorporate some new stuff when at goal, but until then...
Old 08-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #182  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

204.4!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

myturn, Praise GOD. for providing. I am so glad you got nutritious food. Pasta really isn't too bad. Lots of times it has vitamins and minerals added. Ramen is actually packed with nutrients. More than some cereals. I look for bargains too. I still have sizes in my closet that I can wear, so for now, I am set. You are an exercise work horse. Inspire me to do better myself!

jitter, welcome back!!! so glad you didn't gain. Awesome maintenance work girl. Did you eat a certain amount of calories?

Welcome 2sww, it is nice to have you.

m3, lol...my TIRED brain combined food with "meals on wheels" for some reason. I use to volunteer there myself. Well, I hope you meet your goal and then some.

dogdays, mIL visit was soo soosos soosso short. She basically got done with the appointment picked us up some food, sat with me for 5 minutes, and then we both had to run. lol.

shadowmom, you are welcome to post anything you like. my goodness that is alot of birthdays. Our whole house except ds2-newborn is in September. DS2 is in May. He's kind of an odd man out. You are sooo close to onederland.

LGW, i like your goal. I never want to see 2-- ever again. I am going to make a promise to myself that no matter what, I won't!

transforming, baggy clothes ARE SO REWARDING. Keep at it.

afm: friend came over and we were going to to do a circuit training workout. I put my NEW workout disc in the xbox, and it refused to read, took it out, did it again--NOTHING. So I pulled it out and inspected it. BROKEN IN HALF in the midline of the disc. had to have been stepped on.. I couldn't take it anymore. I lost my temper. Between SO fiddlefarting about taking care of the baby for me, and DS1 ignoring me, THAT WAS IT. I RANTED AND RAVED AND RANTED some more. Finally, I settled down and we got a mere 8 minutes of jogging done. I decided to run at my MAXIMUM so it would be worth something good. I was huffing and puffing, but it felt so good!

For the past 2 days DS2 has been C---RR-AAA--NNN-KKKKK-EEEEEEEEEEEEE! UGH. I have no earthly idea what is wrong. I thouht he might be too hungry to have just breastmilk, so I give him a little rice cereal, he got a *little* happier in between meals, but he's a FUSSPOT. I thought he had an ear infection because he was grinding his fist into his ears while screaming, but nope, dr. said no ear bugs. If I hear one more person talk about a "good" baby that "never cried except when hungry or wet", I am going to scream!!!!

today is my dad's b-day. So I honor it with something out of the ordinary--he's passed, but I like to remember him. This time decided to make pb no bake dessert. Um, I made the cupcake version. WAY too much batter left over?? how does that work? I licked the spoon so many times, i must have already had one piece...but how does that work if your method leaves excess batter and 1/8 of the mix is 190 cs? There are 12 cupcakes, and I made about 3 more after that with the excess batter. Also, I got up at 6 am, and have been chugging along since. I keep telling myself--only 4 more hours to bed. You can do it. Isn't that silly??? I don't know if I will be awake enough to work out but I sure will try.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #184  
~Star~

Jen - You just made my whole day! To even hint that me being me, even MIGHT inspire you to make a self-improvement... wow... to me that is so huge! I have people that have influenced me and I think to myself.. if only I could bring a smile or have a positive influence on someone else... to me, that's what this life is totally about As for the pasta, I have colon issues where they have pretty much taken me off pasta... and dairy is a huge no-no, but the pasta has a negative reaction with me, which also puts stress on my system and influences my weight. It's cool though, for at least yesterday and today I have "legal" food!!! I have no doubt that somehow, He will insure I have it again before any health damage is done too badly. It always seems to work that way... I do take steps to try and help myself, since I know that He only helps those who are willing to help themselves and work for it too Lessons learned REAL young Honestly the exercise thing is more of a selfish thing. All the stressors, emotions, pent up aggression from the day..they all come out in my workouts and make me feel anew...exhausted, winded, but anew, Since I have delved into working out more, I have snapped less at others, been more patient with my kids, been able to handle work stressors/financial stressors better knowing I have my exercise to beat it out on later... I have also been able to subtract 10mg of my Ritalin from my daily amounts on the days I do strength training!!! :O I usually take 10mg 3x/day to keep me on a fairly level ground... I refuse to up it, and the dr is tired of arguing with me...but DH says that NOW, since all this, even he won't advocate for me to be upped in dose anymore, says this seems to be helping tremendously. Super YAY!!!!

Jen... also have to tell ya...those few minutes you were still able to fit in of exercise is better than those few minutes being spent on the couch Pat yourself on the back for still accomplishing some fitness movement, even when it felt like the straw that broke the camel's back hit ya... I am proud of you to still do that! Usually if stress gets a hold of someone to the point of where you "feel" it outwardly and have to fix it/confront it, then they lose perspective and forget about the fitness end of it... you did good though, you exerted yourself with running and made it help melt some of that stress!!! You go girl! One last topic....if the baby is pushing at ears, super fussy, and doesn't seem to even be soothed with the addition of rice... (and I am sure you thought of this having this not be your first child), but it sounds an awful lot like teething. You know before they show the whites and look like they are going to bust through..that stage where it seems their little ears feel the pressure... then it's the jaw a few days later and their eating makes them fussy... then finally a few more days you see the white under the gums and it all makes sense? Is that a possibility? If so, some baby tylenol and a frozen waffle to knaw on ( and the squares double as spit catchers, lol) would be my recommendation to try
Old 08-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #185  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

1/2 hour doing resistance bands
35 minutes of Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD
4.26 miles in 1 hour 3 mins.

HURTING. SO. MUCH.

Seriously just wanna call for pizza delivery and just say "screw it". I am just not feeling it anymore.

But I will have my chicken & veggie stir-fry on quinoa with lotsa sriracha. As usual.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #186  
~Star~

m3 - Sorry you are feeling down... look how far you have come though! You are amazing and can soo accomplish your final goal if you just stay with it. Please don't let your mood lower when you have done so wonderfully! Maybe it's time to change it up a bit? Possibly just tired of doing the same stuff all the time? There is always room to move things around a bit if that will help your perspective and jump your motivation into gear
Old 08-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #187  
~Star~

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalyn View Post
204.4!
Shalyn - Look at you!!!! That's a drop of a couple pounds in just a week!!!! You're a rockstar!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

omg, teeth? The dr. did say that they will fuss like that if they are teething...he has been drooling like crazy, but i don't see any teeth yet. I don't even feel buds....but teeth at 3 mos...omg....please don't say so.

DS1 sprouted 4 teeth at one time at 9 mos. And I thought he went crzy too.

I am feeling really discouraged. My friend is not going to make our workout. I don't have a tape...and I want to wing it, but don't feel committed.

Plus, my weight was 195.4 with clothes on this morning. That was a slap in the face with the workout I was able to do. blah. I wish I would have weighed regular time, but I was running errands.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #189  
~Star~

Jen - my oldest child didn't get teeth until 4 mths, my middle one at 6 mths... my youngest.... *drum roll please* broke a tooth in on me nursing her at 6 DAYS OLD! That was super sucky. It's not uncommon to not be able to see the bump/white trying to come through for like 8 days prior. Give it a try and see if that soothes at all... if so, you know the culprit I am so sorry your workout buddy isn't showing... it's hard to do it on your own, but totally have faith in you!!! Find something on Youtube or maybe just do some cardio dancing with music in your room? Moving, even when it's fun, totally counts
Old 08-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Wowsers! New faces, renewed faces and lots of stuff going on in here today! I love it!!

jitter - welcome back, glad you were able to maintain during your downtime! Good luck with your paper grading.

myturn - your well deserved feast sounds wonderful. I'm so happy you were able to provide that for your family. Your spirit and determination is amazing and inspiring to me. I so enjoy "chatting" with you.

m3 - keep up the good work. You have less than 6 SMALL pounds until you hit ONEderland. I hope you chose the veggie stir fry.

jen - sorry your friend ditched you tonight. Your temper tantrum rant about the broken DVD made me laugh...sounds like something I'd do, LOL! I was thinking teeth too when I read about your DS' crank-potted-ness. Hope tomorrow is a smoother day for you.

2sw33t - WELCOME!!!! We love new friends. Glad you joined us.

LGW - fabulous progress! Keep it up!!

Transforming - hey, nice to hear from you! Congrats on your 2teens and for needing new clothes!! I'm cheap. I'm a Kohl's clearance girl. I picked up the cutest long sweater cardigan (short sleeved) for $5 on clearance a couple weeks ago, marked down from $60. I love it and it's formal enough for work. For my work clothes, I tend to scour the Lands End clearance sales at Sears at the end of the season when they mark the clearance area down another 50-70% off. Work clothes are definitely more expensive because of my profession, but I still hit the sale racks. Old Navy clearance is another favorite of mine.

shalyn - 204.4?!?!?! You're soooo close!!!!!

shadow - thanks for popping in, good to hear from you! I have a cat who thinks he's a dog...kind of explains the avatar and screen name, LOL! I also have a dog who thinks he's a cat...all kinds of messed up here...
Old 08-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Forgot to update on me...not much new to report. I ended up fasting through lunch and not breaking until dinner because work was so ridiculous today. I was in meetings and on conference calls all day and when I wasn't, I had people coming in and out of my office like a revolving door...so no lunch. Thankfully, I didn't feel hungry until about 4pm, so at least I didn't suffer. I'm a bit nervous that it will prolong my stall though. My body gets a bit freaked out on low calorie days. I tried to catch up with calories at dinner, but my stomach has shrunk, so I can only eat so much...I don't like to eat past the satiated point or I feel yucky. I'm still stuck at 182.1, but I'm not throwing the scale temper tantrum I did last month. I believe it's 100% hormonally cyclical, so I'm not worried about a plateau just yet.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:03 PM   #192  
~Star~

dogdays - You rock!!!! Thank you so much for your kind words and I love chatting with you too!!!! Congrats on not suffering through your fasting I too work in a setting where the clothes tend to run more money... there are ways around that Corporate setting where there is a "code"... but the truth be unwritten..those that wear certain name brand attire move ahead and get more accommodations then those that don't. Fortunately I am one that gets the accommodations - prove by the fact they are rearranging my schedule to allow for me to carpool with a coworker until financial issues are resolved (or at least it's a good band aid).
As for me tonight, I almost crapped my pants when I plugged my stuff into Myfitnesspal stats to see I burned 691 calories in tonight's workout :O That also didn't take into account my upped settings of being on 3 resistance and 15 incline... it was based solely on flat rate! I am thinking that takes me over the 700 mark :O Again I stare at it in disbelief! Apparently I was a bit more worked up during my workout than I realized, LOL. All worn out now though and my hair is drenched from sweat as if I showered!
Old 08-24-2011, 04:22 AM   #193  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

myturn - wow 6 days! Just as well it was your first born, with the whole getting use to breastfeeding and having a tooth that would have sucked. Both my kiddies were/are good teethers bless them. Both had teeth from five months, Oakley is working on tooth number six at the moment but it seems to be playing hide and seek, almost breaks though and then goes away.

dogdays you're doing amazing, remember the scale is but one measure of what we're doing. Alas we can't help but focus on it because it is the most tangible visual measure.

Hope none of you were on the east coast with the earthquake this morning (yesterday by now I guess).
Old 08-24-2011, 07:13 AM   #194  
~Star~

jitter - You aren't kidding. It was my last child, so didn't scare me away from having kids,

Ok, the weigh in results *drum roll please* Down 2 Lbs! Yay!!! I was so excited to see that
Old 08-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #195  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

Good morning, ladies!

@ItsMyTurn - woohoo! 2 lbs, that's awesome!

@dogdays - knowing not to worry is a victory in itself

@jen - my two LOs both acted like they were teething for quite a while before teeth poked through, but it could have been something else - I like ItsMyTurn's idea of frozen waffles. Anyway, you've been doing really great with your workouts, considering how often you get left high and dry by your wo buddies - it'll eventually show up on the scale, too

@m3rma1d - way to hang in there and stay OP, what an inspiration!

@shalyn - great going on the loss!

I'm still at 215, where I've been for going on 2 weeks. Not surprising, really, since I ate tons last night (I go to my mom's every Tuesday for dinner, and always overeat there - just a bad, in-grained habit). I also drank two cups of coffee after 8pm, so when DS woke up at 1am wanting his ba-ba, I couldn't get back to sleep until after 4:30am. I still managed to get up at 7am and get to work pretty much on time (largely because I showered during my episode of insomnia). Then I spent forever updating my little poetry book on Kindle this morning - took me several tries to get the cover image to load correctly. Now I should be working but it's hard to focus; I just want to sleep.
Closed Thread