Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Itsmy - what a huge update! Great job on your intense workout. I'm so thrilled that it paid off on the scale this morning. I hear you on the clothes thing at work. It's dog eat dog in the corporate world. I'm happy to hear your company is offering you flextime to carpool. Work-life balance is so important.

Jitter - I'm on the east coast and did feel the quake in my office. It was slight for us - no damage or panic, thankfully. I'd never felt one before, so I wasn't sure what it was at first.

The scale decided to move this morning and I'm down 0.2 pounds. Here's hoping I don't get bounced back to 182 again...
Old 08-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #197  

sweet- sorry to hear about your stall. So frustrating. Have you noticed any inches lost? Maybe you're building muscle at the same rate you're losing fat. I hope scale moves soon for you!!
Old 08-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #198  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

OMG!! NSV!! My towel wrapped all the way around today with only a teeeeeny gap at the bottom!

Old 08-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #199  

m3 - YAYYYY!!!!!!! That is incredible!! You go girl!!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #200  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

@ m3rma1d - That IS great! So cool! Congrats!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

you ladies have been so chatty.

m3, I love your NSV. I remember after I had Thomas, I just wanted the towel to wrap around again.

myturn, wow. I don't have any excuses really when I read what you accomplished, but I am still dragging my feet. Yes, a dance workout, would make me feel tons better. Congrats on the 2 lbs!

dogdays, hang in there. At least you are not up. Sounds like a hectic time in your workworld.

sw33t, thanks hun...unfortunately the scale just got higher.

sorry, if I missed anything...

afM: still feeling blah, depressed even, I have sooo much to do. I need to run errands today, and THAT starts with packing the baby stuff that I need to return back into their boxes, which means i got to take the stuff apart. I really want to hurry up and do it, but Thomas is asleep and I am so groggy. I went to bed at 11pm last night, SO woke me up at 3am, but then I went back to sleep until 11am...Thank God I got up, because I didn't want to. My stomach hurts and is bloated and gassy--just like right before my period...maybe that is why the scale is acting up? It really does hurt though. I feel clogged up for lack of better terms, like stuff wants out, but It isn't coming out-if you know what I mean.

195.4 first thing this morning...not a good sign. I have been trying to tweak my eating window with IF to 1pm-9pm, but my body is resisting something awful. Of course the ty pm and melatonin are contributing to the grogginess, damn, I wish I could just fall asleep without any *help*.

I am going to get through this day...if all I do is just go shopping, I win. I need to get this done.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #202  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

2sw33t - Thank you so much! Hopefully your stall will take a flying leap soon (downwards, that is) Also hoping you regain your focus for work. Being ADHD, I totally understand the no focus thing, lol

dogdays - Thank you for the congrats As for work... it's not really a flex-time thing, more of a temporary fix. It was easier to adjust and get me some coverage for a bit, then to go through the hiring process to bring in a new person... cause without this schedule change, I had no way to work It sometimes pays to be a valuable employee I guess. Super yay on your -.2!!!! I love when we get to report a downward motion !!!!

m3 - Congrats on your NSV!!! That's a good one to get to!

Jen- I am so sorry you are feeling so low, that is a miserable feeling. Depression can effect not just your emotional state, but your physical as well. I sure do hope that straightens out for you. Maybe wouldn't hurt to check into getting a bit of help for it until it stabilizes? My son is on Zoloft now and my oldest daughter had to for a bit... it makes a world of difference on how things feel and they were thankful for the safety net Or maybe just being run down from the baby? Either way, something has to give for you Wish I could help. When you are feeling better, I am betting the scale will go in the right direction again
Old 08-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #203  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

Sorry I haven't had time for a proper post, it's been a crazy week so far. Good new is I'm fitting some excersice into my schedule. Thank you to everyone who's congratulated me on the loss! Unfourunately I'm back up a pound today, I've had a few carby days. I've also strayed from IF a bit just eating earlier in the day and stop eating around 6 unless its a meal with no carbs like baked fish or something...then I'll eat later.

There's a lot of things I want to comment on for everyone, I'll have to get online later tonight!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 08-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #204  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

Just got back from the nutritionist. Damn I hate that scale at the hospital. But, I've told her that I am going by MY scale from start to (eventual) finish, and she's fine with that.

She does want me to eat more in the mornings less in the evenings, in other words not do my IF-style... She didn't know what IF is, so maybe that's part of it. I guess I have to try it her way, but I am very unhappy about it.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #205  
~Star~

Shalyn - if you are able to fit in the exercise, then we will certainly wait And we will be here when you do have time One pound from having higher carb days isn't going to stick to ya, you will get rid of that in no time!!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #206  
~Star~

Oh! Also wanted to update, since you all have been so wonderfully supportive during my DD's surgery/disease experience... she started physical therapy yesterday!!! She has also been knocked down from Percocet to Vicodin...granted, still narcotic pain meds, but not as potent (which thrills me as a worried mom). She has been over-doing it as of late and paying for it later... so we have stated this weekend she is to lay low and not make plans with friends, but it will be worth it with a faster recovery I wanted to share since I had some good news on her progress!!! And a special Thank You again to all of you for your support!!! Even though it's through a computer and not in person, it truly does mean a ton to me
Old 08-24-2011, 08:19 PM   #207  

ItsMy - thanks for the update on your DD. I've been thinking of her and wondered how things were going for her this week. I'm so happy to hear of her positive progress. Her journey is far more reaching than any journey I've endured, so please continue to give her my well wishes. She will grow up to be a strong woman...like her momma.

shalyn - sorry to hear about your one pound bounce. Like ItsMy said, you'll blow it back off in no time!! Glad you're finding time to squeeze in some exercise.

m3 - good luck with your new eating plan. I hope it proves as effective as your former plan.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:41 PM   #208  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

m3- looking good!

ItsMyTurn- glad to hear your daughter is progressing! and congrats on the 2 lb loss! I'm going back a bit but...I feel you on the financial issues. It certainly makes life tough. I suppose it also makes us stronger, right?! Stronger and resourceful!

Jen- I may have missed if you said anything about this but have you been to a doctor about your sleeping problems? Also, that does sound like teething. It puts so much pressure on their little ears. They just don't know what to do with themselves so they act all wonky. Poor babies. My 3 month old had those little white spots on his gums (like a tooth is about to break thru) since he was born. Nothing yet tho.

dogdays- a .2 is better than no loss! Good job!

Hi jitterfish and 2sw33t!

I hope I didn't miss anyone.

I had a bad off plan day. First I ate half a panini (bread), then I had pasta and ONE breadstick at Olive Garden, for dinner I had spaghetti at my moms with a piece of garlic bread. After the kiddies fell asleep I at vanilla wafers and animal crackers...dipped in cheesecake filling!! Oh the carbs! I'm feeling totally guilty, gluttonous, bloated and fat right now. If I don't show a gain in the morning I will be so surprised.

I've been quite discouraged for the past few days, my eating choices are getting worse and worse. This is when I usually get fed up with trying to change my way of eating and give up...going back to my old habits. In the past, when I've lost a few pounds I think I can eat a burger or whatever I want...because I'm losing, right? Gah. That's why I never got ahead. I'm trying so hard to stay at it tho. This time, I feel like I can do it. One bad day is no reason to fall completely off the wagon!

Last edited by shalyn; 08-24-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:48 AM   #209  

ok, I left the house at 2:30pm and got back at 9 pm. whoa. Well, I took stuff back, and used the money to go shopping but DIDN'T COME OUT AHEAD. I feel bewildered and even more stressed now. Do you ever get back and ask yourslef "what the the HECK DID I BUY???" gah.

m3-hahahha a nutritionist WOULD NEVER recommend IF. I say if you are doing well on it, why change hun? as long as you are getting enough vitamins and minerals...IF will not hurt you in any way.,

shalyn, I think it really is teeth. So I bought some teethers things, but I think I got duped. I should have gone with the frozen waffle idea, I'm just not crazy about him chunking pieces of it off. One bad day, is NOT going to undo all of your hard work.

myturn, I appreciate the advice, but I am not in any way going to mess with my hormones any more than they are--I don't want to take stuff. I put on some praise music, and that is like ZOLOFT to me. I actually felt better and got the stuff taken apart and packed. I am so glad your daughter is making more progress. I pray for the pain to go, and for her to have optimal function in those knees.

Ok 7 hours of running around? what does that burn. I did most of my shopping with Thomas in my arms, and did quite a bit of lifting and shifting...and bending down with him in my arms, and back up...great for my legs I'm sure. I also bought one of those body cycles, I figured since I sit on the couch and watch shows why not cycle, still deciding whether I like it or not.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:37 AM   #210  

ok, just did 1 mile equiivalent on a body cycle. yay. broke my rutt. I feel good. no sweating, but it's something.
Closed Thread