Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #16  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

Itsmyturn - Yes, I Zumba at home...I'm too self conscious to go to a class. First, I followed a few videos on Youtube (the user name FierceFxFitness title of the video Zumba Fitness Sweat Choreography is the one I did most) to make sure it was something I wanted to stick with and it made me feel fantastic! I was in such a good mood after doing about 30 minutes of it every other day. So I decided to buy it (on ebay). I don't get to do it much right now, but after school starts I'll have more free time. Glad to hear your daughter is fine!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #17  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Shalyn - I will so have to check those out Thank you so much for letting me know!!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

ItsMy - thanks for the update on your DD. Glad it's past you, sorry it came with complications. I hope it provided relief, despite the challenges. Sorry to hear she tore her meniscus on top of everything else...ugh. Is knee replacement surgery an option for her down the road?
Old 08-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #19  
~Star~

dogdays - Thank you. It tore and dissipated, nonexistant now, along with cartilage and ligament.. all removed. As she is only 15, we are desperately trying to avoid replacement; not just cause she will wear it out too fast, but also cause there is a chance with all her issues (the RA, OA, and osteo-necrosis) that the replacement will be rejected and kicked out and do no benefit. However, this surgery was the last option we had before replacement...and the doctor is thinking it may not work (since she is strictly bone on bone now) but won't know for a couple weeks. We will know more then, but our family always works against the odds, so I take it as a reason to have some faith it will work She only had 10% chance of survival at birth and beat it...she had a 15% chance of becoming emotionally normal due to traumatic abuse that occurred and she beat that... for genetic chain, she only had a 13% chance of getting the RA from me, yet she got it and blew it up....since he thinks the odds are against her, I totally think the odds are WITH her, hehehe... weird, but it seems to work for us Thank you for the spelling, I had no clue at all how to spell that: meniscus
Old 08-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

oh, my turn, it sounds like she tore and ripped her meniscus and she had loose bodies within the joint. Which is very painful. I am praying for a way for doctors to realize how to build up cartilage again. I am praying for a speedy recovery for your girl.

dogdays, I hear ya. I was able to control my carbs at one point to 100, but I don't 60 is going to happen.

shalyn, yy for bf, and yay for weight loss. I like iced coffee too. my morning drink has a teaspoonful of honey--it's a chai tea.

m3, if i plan a splurge, i usually do so by doing the same thing, not eating and then going for it. you basically did an IF.

afm: got a paper due sunday again. I'm sti9ll stressed about my school issue. I wish they would hurry up and get back to me. I weighed in at 196.6 today, but that's ok. I am used to the bounce, as long as I keep trending down. I didn't eat as much as normal yesterday...so I know I didn't actually gain.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #21  

I'm thinking I need to post some goals for today:

Start my research for my paper:
Do SOME exercise (with or without my friend):
Keep carbs to 200g today:
Old 08-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #22  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
m3 - I am so glad you enjoyed the semi-cheat/treat day!!!! I had never realized you had a Maine residence in your profile too My roots are wayyyyy north of Portland, but still very cool to see!!!!!
I grew up in more Northern/rural areas (Oxford/South Paris/Nowray, Poland, Lewiston, Sanford, Skowhegan, and maybe more places I can't think of off the top of my head), but Portland is where I ended up.
Where in Maine are you from?
Old 08-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #23  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
m3, if i plan a splurge, i usually do so by doing the same thing, not eating and then going for it. you basically did an IF.
I do IF almost every day, I only recently found out there was that actual term for it lol
Old 08-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #24  
~Star~

Jen - they won't be able to rebuild the cartilage/gel packs/meniscus/etc... we are just hoping for not having to resort to a full knee replacement. If the pain isn't too bad for her, then we can make due and put it off a few years (ideally)

m3 - I am even further north, LOL! I was an hour north of Bangor, about 20 minute drive from Baxter State Park/Mt Katahdin Back woods, literally. Lived in the same house from age 2-18, then was in the Bangor area about 5-6yrs, then back to my hick town for another 8 yrs... that's where all my family is (or the majority of them anyway)
Old 08-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #25  

I did it I worked out! My baby was screaming, i had to stop in the middle of it to discipline my pre-teen but I did it!!!

I worked out before completely breaking my fast. And I feel wierd. I feel like my head is spinning. Like after you drink coffee.

This is what happens when you take an insulin resistant body, and make it more insulin sensitive by doing strength--and give it sugar...whoooeeeeeee!

myturn, I know they can not build the synovial disc back up, and such. I know about the research with this. I hate it. I am praying though, they find SOME WAY in her lifetime to rebuild it or replace it, to avoid that bone on bone damage. I am truly sorry your daughter has to deal with it.

Last edited by jendiet; 08-05-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #26  
~Star~

Jen - that is so sweet, thank you so much We sure do appreciate the care and concern..nice to have support. Came home from work to find her doing well. She is actually able to straighten her leg for the first time in 2 yrs... it's a bit painful, but she is pumped! LOL! It's the little things

It sounds like you are flying! LOL!

Have a super evening all!!!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #27  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Just took a 5.6 mile walk, ahhhh...
Old 08-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3rma1d View Post
I do IF almost every day, I only recently found out there was that actual term for it lol
Me too, LOL! I'd been doing it naturally, following my hunger pains and Jen helped me 'diagnose' it as IF, so now I feel like a veteran, LOL!

Quote:
I did it I worked out! My baby was screaming, i had to stop in the middle of it to discipline my pre-teen but I did it!!!
Never a moment's peace, ehh?! LOL! Glad you got a work out in, despite the kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Came home from work to find her doing well. She is actually able to straighten her leg for the first time in 2 yrs... it's a bit painful, but she is pumped! LOL! It's the little things
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Progress!!!!!!!!!!! Baby steps. Baby steps. Tell her to keep up the good work. I'm so proud!!!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:51 PM   #29  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
I did it I worked out!
YAY!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #30  
~Star~

m3 - Nice walk! You get some distance

dogdays - I will when she wakes again.. she overworked it a bit (has her mother's lack of patience too, lol) and so she is now knocked out with Percocet, lol.

I am back on the wagon fitness-wise! Did double workout on my gym tonight!!!! My youngest DD counted out reps for me Now sucking down some water, turning on the pool light, and the two of us are going for a swim!
Closed Thread