Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 07:37 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

jitter, hun, I don't envy you. You are doing a task that requires constructive criticism, and basically determines someone's fate. A bad grade is a real downer. However, think about the way you are helping your students. If they didn't get the criticism, they would never grow. I would take all the candy out of your house while you are NOT grading. That would help with your trigger. Get a big crunchy apple instead. You probably are trying to release tension through your jaws--and candy really works for that.

myturn, yeah, been spinning my wheels, this better accomplish something! You sound like you had a good night!

shalyn, you are doing a good job too.

super frustrated and hating the scale right now. I have to remember, I used to weigh at 4pm, after fasting all morning....and this weight is at 5 am. 194.8.

something has got to give. I am going to be super careful with my carbs today and limit them to 150 again. I also am going to lay down with the baby, and then get up and do some light cardio again. Lunch is going to be low carb, and then we have some errands to run. My window will be from 2 to 10pm again.

goal 1: 2 loads of laundry. fold and put up
goal 2: finish cleaning living room
goal 3: bedroom
goal 4: start paper
goal 5: 150 carbs

Last edited by jendiet; 08-27-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #242  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

Getting ready for a big pinball tournament today... Everyone brings a dish, I made my famous chipotle deviled eggs...

mmmmmm spicy!

A bit scared 'cos there will be a TON of food there, and well.. certain extra circular activities that will lead to a bad case of the munchies..! But oh well, that's life! I gotta learn how to live it.

I'm excited/nervous, this is my first time entering in a REAL tournament.

Today makes 3 years that I've been with my boyfriend.. He's in NJ dealing with the hurricane crap, and I am stuck up here. They're very short-staffed, I shoulda just said "eff it" and gone down on Thursday. I was gonna take a bus down (I don't drive), but I would just get stranded in NY 'cos the buses into NJ have stopped. So I will prolly go down after the storm 'cos a lot of help will still be needed.

Oh yeah, here's a pic of my from the other night:

I can see a TINY bit of loss, finally.

Last edited by m3rma1d; 08-27-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #243  

m3, you are so cute and I love your hair!!! You look great. I can't really tell much because that outfit is alot different from your other one, but I think your legs are slimmer. Are you sure we don't carry our weight the same? Those deviled eggs look delish. Have fun at your tournament. Try not to munch too much!

afm: I did 2 miles of jogging on the rebounder, and then I cycled for a little bit while watching a movie with DS. I need to check myself with the carbs though. I started to get a migraine again. If I eat icecream really fast and take some pain killer--I can sometimes stop it in its tracks. So i've had 1/2 cup icecream and 1 pc of chocolate in the carb dept.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #244  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

jitter - sorry to hear of the candy attack during your grading. Hope your stress level doesn't increase as the year goes on

Jen - Great job on the exercise! You are doing amazingly well!!!! I hope your method worked to keep the migraine at bay?

m3 - good luck at your pinball tourney

AFM - swam last night after dark The water felt so great! This morning the hubster went for a bike ride with me. We ended up exploring a new path then usual and learned a bunch about our housing development Win-win! Got an amazing surprise, enough money showed so we could actually get some healthy groceries (with coupon shopping of course) and have a ton of veggies and such in the house to get us through again. YAY! Going to hit my elliptical later.. for now, waiting for my food to settle. I had some cereal for the first time in MONTHS.. had vanilla almond milk for the first time and I simply love it! Hope everyone else is having a productive and wonderful weekend!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:51 PM   #245  

the headache did go away. I never get brain freeze. When I eat really cold things, it helps my migraine disappear.

I had a day today, but I got the exercise in. I did not get my goals accomplished, I think I'm going to take it easy tonight and tomorrow.

yay for healthy groceries myturn.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:17 AM   #246  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Jen you're right about the stress of grading - I'm currently having to deal with two students that have cheated. I have to decide how hard to be, regulations say basically I should be kicking them out of the whole course but we have a bit of flexibility, so I've been sitting here trying to make up my mind. I took the rest of the candy over to my sisters today LOL. I normally don't have a whole lot in the house, I'm never strong willed.

M3 you look awesome. I love seeing people's pics, so inspiring. On another site I visit some guy posted a pic of a 220lb loss, he still has around 110lbs to go apparently but man I was like dude you've lost more than what I weigh now, you are the man!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #247  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

m3- you and those deviled eggs look amazing!

Forgive my lack of more personals, I'm doing this from my phone.

I've been going back and forth between the same 3 lbs for over a week. 207 to 204. I can't seem to get below 204. Maybe when I start walking again on Tuesday? But that didn't do it before. I have not been able to excersice since Thursday because I have 2 sick babies!
My eating has been so-so. I haven't been keeping track, just trying to be reasonable. It sounds like that would be the reason I'm not losing, but even when I was OP I wasn't losing. Could I be in a maintenance phase already?? Guess I'll have to kick it into high gear for that extra push over 204. I'm just so close to Onderland!

Edited to add: I just measured my waist and I'm down another inch! That's a total of 2.5" since I first measured a week ago!

Last edited by shalyn; 08-28-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #248  
~Star~

Jen- I am so glad your headache took a hike It's so awesome you have figured out a way to cut those off!

jitter - so sorry you have to deal with those students that cheated. That has to be a tough situation for you.

shalyn - the loss of inches is proof that stuff is happening even is the scale refuses to tell you so!!! Keep up the work and know it WILL pay off

I did do the bike ride with the hubster yesterday morning, then later on went on the elliptical for 45 mins (resistance 3, incline 15).... then at 9pm, I had extra energy and husband talked me into using it for the gym (apparently I was chatty, lol)... so did full body workout on gym too! :P Yay for energy
Old 08-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

So this morning I woke up at 202.. woohoo! I was worried because I went on a bit of a drinking binge to celebrate a coworker finding a new job earlier this week, and I know I drank a ton of calories (margaritas, martinis, oy). But.. still down 2 pounds.

AND I tried on my Sz 14 jeans this morning and THEY FIT. I'm so excited - I was holding out for 199 before trying them on but just couldn't wait any longer! This means I suddenly have a lot more clothes to wear (because I've been 14 most of my life). Thank god! I was down to about 4 pairs of Sz 16 jeans.

Shalyn, I hear you about being so close to Onederland! We can do it

Last edited by my2cats; 08-28-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #250  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

The team I was on came in 2nd place outta 9 teams! That means I got a cash prize!
WHOOHOO!

I ate 2 bowls of chili, 1 taco, 4 of my chipotle deviled eggs, 2 Drake's Funny Bones (OMG MY FAVE, whoever brought those is my hero), 2 mini cupcakes, and I drank 1 Twisted Tea.
I think I did pretty good, considering I wanted to eat the entire table of goodies.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #251  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

ItsMyTurn--Glad the money came thru and you got what you needed!

Jen--Glad the headache is gone, I HATE MIGRANES!

shalyn--I see a surprise WHOOSH in your future!

my2cats--YAY 14s!!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #252  
~Star~

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cats View Post
So this morning I woke up at 202.. woohoo! I was worried because I went on a bit of a drinking binge to celebrate a coworker finding a new job earlier this week, and I know I drank a ton of calories (margaritas, martinis, oy). But.. still down 2 pounds.

AND I tried on my Sz 14 jeans this morning and THEY FIT. I'm so excited - I was holding out for 199 before trying them on but just couldn't wait any longer! This means I suddenly have a lot more clothes to wear (because I've been 14 most of my life). Thank god! I was down to about 4 pairs of Sz 16 jeans.

Shalyn, I hear you about being so close to Onederland! We can do it
I am so happy for you!!!!! Being able to wear those things again must have felt amazing for you!!!! Super yays!!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 02:26 AM   #253  

ok, today sucked. I was off plan, and really did not care. It is sad the scale set my mood for the day 194.4. It is just like EVERYTIME. I make progress than go 4 lbs in the other direction, and I say:

What the ****!!! It took me how long to lose 5 lbs, and now I just gain 4 back in a flipping week!!!! What does it matter, I won't win. I CAN'T do it.

since, I am in my familiar rutt, I don't know what to do. I can't give up because that will only cause worse gain. I can't look at it OBJECTIVELY. I have tried and tried. 4 lbs is that. 4lbs. I am calorie counting for a couple of days, and I will continue to jog. I have to evaluate what I am doing wrong even if that is nothing. 4lbs is just too much. sigh.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:54 AM   #254  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Jen maybe it is just time to mix up the diet. Give up IF for a week or so? Are you taking measurements?

I'm finding the same thing, I seem to be stuck. I jumped on the scales this morning (I weigh Fri and Mon) and I'm back up. I wasn't bad over the weekend grrrr. So I'm trying to be zen and think about the big picture, I'm getting fitter. But come on scale -LOL-
Old 08-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #255  
~Star~

m3 - Thank you! It sure was a saving grace to be able to get some veggies. Hoping the bill collectors wait til I am paid, but to get enough money to feed the family was HUGE! Glad to hear your team did so well the other night! Must have been fun!

Jenn - I have to agree with jitter, maybe mixing things up will be the answer. You know as well as the rest of us that the scale can be evil at times and not show even as we are reshaping ourselves into better. It may be that your body is shedding inches around, or that it's time to confuse it totally to make it listen again Either way, hope you get to see the positives real soon!
Closed Thread