Pets: 1 dog

Hobbies/Interests: knitting, walking

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 5, 2006

Starting Weight: 207

Present Weight: 190ish

Goal Weight: 150 for now

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binge eating, unhealthy snacking, fastfood. and my husband who loves all of the above but never gains weight.

Following any specific plan: I had joined a group run by a nutrionist that followed the GI guidlines. Now I am doing a plan through my gym.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It's more focused on the physical than the carbs.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I need motivation!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #512  

First name (if you want to tell): Cindy

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Occupation: Was a Disney World attractions cast member at Jungle Cruise and Pirate of the Caribbean...Until they fired me.

Pets: 3 Dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Music of all kinds, laughing, being with friends, having fun and making other people laugh

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Strawberry Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Since I was 10 when kids started calling me fat. But my recently journey starts today.

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: 175 :'(

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation, Strength, Will Power

Following any specific plan: Eat healthy and lots of running.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't know if there is anything different. Except I was 152 pound 4 months ago and now I'm 175. ugh.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I want to feel good about myself. I just moved back to the town I grew up in. I've been away for almost a year and I hate that everyones seeing me like this. I feel ashamed of myself and so ugly. I want out of this. I want it to be healthier.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:29 PM   #513  
Pending Email Confirmation

First name (if you want to tell): Başak

Geographical location: Turkey, Ankara

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none of course

Pets: none but i'd love to have a cat

Hobbies/Interests: all the cultural activities. reading books, going to concerts/theatre/opera/cinema,

Height: 1.68 cm

Eye/Hair Color: brown/ dark brown but turning to red with henna.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: march 26th, 07(i was aware of the fact that i had to lose weight but err..)

Starting Weight: 75 kg

Present Weight: 75 kg

Goal Weight: 60

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: lazyness, mostly. and a little ambition would do me good!

Following any specific plan: umm no, but planning to try pilates at home with videos.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i don't know, maybe nothing at all.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:37 PM   #514  

Height: 5'9"

Default Newbie here!

First name: Amanda

Geographical location: Pennsylvania

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: I'm about to graduate from college in 7 weeks, so that's way exciting!

Pets: My dog Jake. He's a Rottweiler and German Shepherd mix...SO cute and sweet!

Hobbies/Interests: Basketball, reading, movies, music, baseball, being with my friends and family!

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today, March 26, 2007

Starting Weight: 260 (ick)

Present Weight: 260 (but not for long)

Goal Weight: 160 for now. I have a really broad structure, so I'm not sure if I'll look funny any skinnier!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to it. I am always on and off diets, and I'm really hoping that a forum like this can help me, because I need all the help I can get. I want to be healthy more than anything, but when it comes down to it, I just can't stop myself. I'm turning over a new leaf today though, and I'm really gonna work my butt off, literally!

Following any specific plan: I'm going to try the Atkins diet, because I tend to have high cholesterol, and the new studies out on the diet have helped to motivate me even more.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm starting to become scared for my health, because I am significantly overweight. I am afraid that I will become diabetic like my dad, and I definitely don't want that to happen. I'm really focused this time, and I want to be healthy, even more than I want to look good. Looking good won't hurt either though!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I need all the help and friends that I can get during this process, so any motivation or just talking would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to talking to everyone!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:12 AM   #515  

S/C/G: 212/210/180

I'm new!

First name (if you want to tell): Amanda

Geographical location: Virginia

Marital Status: Yes

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: One senior dog.

Hobbies/Interests: Getting together with friends, shopping, traveling, surfing the internet, photography

Eye/Hair Color: brown hair, gray eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2nd, 2007

Starting Weight: 212

Present Weight: 210

Goal Weight: My realistic goal is to reach 180, which is how much I was 10 years ago. I'd like to eventually hit 150.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Boredom and laziness. My husband sometimes comes home at 6pm, sometimes, 8, 9, or even 10pm on any given day. When he's not home, I either forget to eat supper, or I munch all evening. I'm lazy, too, and would rather stay home and cuddle than to go out walking, or to use my gym membership that I've paid for.

Following any specific plan: No, I'm just trying to do portion control. I don't have to clean my plate, I don't have to have seconds. I want to walk one mile minimum each week. During the summer (I'm off for the summer since I work in the public schools) I want to try the "eat five meals a day" diet thing.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a friend who is grossly overweight, and I've become determined to never let myself get that big, ever.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've tried other websites, but have failed. I get depressed easily, I have low self-esteem, I need support. Feel free to kick me in the butt anytime.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:36 PM   #516  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

First name (if you want to tell): Christine

Geographical location: New York

Marital Status: single

Pets: beta named Kailani

Hobbies/Interests: singing, basketball, volleyball, softball, shopping, hairstyling, haning out with friends, writing, song writing and composing, dancing, scrapbooking, etc..

Height: 6'3"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 26, 2007

Starting Weight: 248, but at my highest I was 260.

Present Weight: 248

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I am a binge eater and can do good for a while and then something stressful happens and I lose my self control. Also I tend to take things to extremes and I either eat really terribly or am a total diet ****. I work out until I can't move or I do nothing at all. I'm also a very picky eater so eating healthy is more of a challenge for me. Also I need to be more forgiving of myself because I tend to mess up and then it blows my entire plans and I just give up at the first sign of difficulty. Wow thats a lotta stuff to get over.

Following any specific plan: No, I'm just trying to limit fried foods and soda and eat more fruits, veggies and whole grains.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not going it alone. I'm using this site as well as my friends for support and to hold me accountable for my goal.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have a long way to go and hopefully this site will help.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:50 PM   #517  

S/C/G: 216/204/155

Height: 5'11

First name (if you want to tell): Lori

Geographical location: Oklahoma

Occupation: Executive Administrator (it's just a fancy title for, I make sure every body does their job and if they don't I make sure it gets done!)

Pets: my best friend has a golden retriever, Dixie, and I consider myself her mom!

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, watching my favorite shows, movies, concerts, country music, more recently working out!

Height: 5'11"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 18, 2007

Starting Weight: 216

Present Weight: 212

Goal Weight: 155!!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to eat! My friends and I eat out alot, and it's hard to make the right choices when all I want is my old choice from the menu!

Following any specific plan: LA Weight Loss

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm doing this for my health and my well being. I need to lose this weight to feel more like myself. I feel like a skinny, fun, active person in an overweight person's body and it's time for a change! And I'm on LA Weight Loss so I paid good money to lose weight!

Anything else you would like to share with us: hmmm...I'll get back to you!
Old 03-30-2007, 11:07 PM   #518  

First name (if you want to tell): Kim

Geographical location: Louisville, KY

Marital Status: Married!

Pets: Two cats, Salem and Willow. A dog, my buddy, Leo

Hobbies/Interests: watching tv and movies, reading, home improvement projects, knitting, crafting in general, and just being a bum sometimes.

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brunette (will be blonde again soon though)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2004

Starting Weight: 192

Present Weight: 178

Goal Weight: I would like to be 150 or 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I like regular food alot. I love to eat basically but I'm not much of a sweetaholic. I just like food. I would love to be runner, but I feel self conscious about it at this point. I'm one of those, when I lose 10lbs then I'll do it, but without the exercise how am I gonna keep losing!

Following any specific plan: I lost the first part of my weight on Body for Life, but its just too much to keep track of and I've gained 6 or 7 lbs since I went off of it. Now I just want to focus on eating whole foods in moderation and sticking to a exercise plan.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to have a baby but I refuse to get pregnant when I'm this big. I don't want to gain baby weight on top of my extra weight. I want children so bad that I think this will help keep me motivated. Plus I'm going to Hawaii in July and I want to wear a really cool swimsuit.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Old 03-31-2007, 03:52 AM   #519  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

First name (if you want to tell): Tera or Theresa

Geographical location: North Carolina

Pets: minature schnauzer

Hobbies/Interests: movies, food (of course), playing on the internet, going to the gym

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: green/dark brown black weirdness (go genes)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Most of my life...but started over January

Starting Weight: Huge!

Present Weight: Huge!

Goal Weight: 125 ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I really love to eat, even when I'm full.

Following any specific plan: Currently I am on the Fat Smash diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: As a teen, I had anorexia, which tuned into bulimia, and now binging eating without the purge, I'm trying to be healthy with my eating habits now.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Fat Smash is helping me control my binging...But I do mess up.

Last edited by Robot; 08-07-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Updating!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:00 PM   #520  
Ise
Seeking New Me

S/C/G: 199/196/135

Height: 4'11"

First name (if you want to tell):

Geographical location: Miami, Florida

Marital Status: Divorced/Dating the man of my dreams

Children/Ages: 7 yr old daughter

Occupation: Asst. Director of a child care center and full-time student

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: internet, video games, dancing (although I'm too unhappy about my weight to go out ), reading

Height: 4'11"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Officially started again February 28, 2007

Starting Weight: 199

Present Weight: 196

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Aside from obviously loving food, I'm very bad at drinking water and exercising. I've never been a big water drinker and most times I try to force it down which never works out well. I used to be a ballroom dancer which provided tons of exercise but now I feel overwhelmed with school, work, my daughter and most other daily responsibilities to have the energy or the desire to exercise. Unfortunately, it seems that most diets require both of these which is discouraging from the start.

Following any specific plan: Trying to find where I fit in, calorie counting meanwhile

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really want to try and maintain my weight this time. I have done diets in the past and have managed to lose the weight but once I get comfortable or my self esteem goes down I start eating as usual and gain all the weight back.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm about 2 months away from 28 (early mid-life crisis?) and this is the biggest I have ever been. I'm usually very sociable and love going out but I feel so self-conscious about my weight that I even avoid my friends. Comments, suggestions, advice are welcome!

Last edited by Ise; 07-10-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:38 AM   #521  
I heart Damon Salvatore

S/C/G: 196.0/160.0/179.0

First name (if you want to tell): Jennifer aka Jen

Geographical location: Texas

Pets: 2 cats, 1 dog, 1 hamster and some fish

Hobbies/Interests: Watching tv, posting on messageboards, working out, walking my dog

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/reddish brown with blonde highlights

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Ever since i was 12 i have been dieting on and off but about 2 weeks ago i started to get really serious about it again

Starting Weight: 187

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 130, i want to get back to where i was in 2003

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: i have hyperthyroidism and i'm not sure if it is under control yet though i'm on medication for it.

Following any specific plan: I have a personal trainer for the next four weeks and i meet with him this Wednesday, he is supposed to give me a meal plan to follow.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel like now is the time, i'm ready to do it. I can do it and i will do it.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:43 PM   #522  

S/C/G: 197

Talking

First name (if you want to tell): Brandi

Geographical location: Upstate NY

Marital Status: single (in a relationship with the father of my 2 girls but we're currently not living together)

Children/Ages: Andraya is 5 1/2 and Kaliyah is 18 months

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: hmmm...sleep. Not much time for me...kids rule my life

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I guess today...April fool's Day

Starting Weight:

Present Weight: 197

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Time to exercise and meals...My kids are sort of picky and I can't afford to make 2 meals every night- 1 for them and 1 for me.

Following any specific plan: any suggestions are welcome!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am REALLY unhappy with how I feel these days...I lost weight a few years ago and felt sooo much better about myself, but then baby #2 came along and I never got to drop the weight after.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I NEED HELP!!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 04:23 PM   #523  

S/C/G: 270?/234/190

Height: 5'11

First name (if you want to tell): Leanne

Geographical location: Texas, currently. im fairly transient, however. originally from Cleveland, Ohio, and soon to be an Arizona resident.

Marital Status: single, for sure.

Children/Ages: none for me, thanks.

Occupation: full-time student currently, hopefully getting a job at the house of blues as a kitchen expo soon.

Pets: zoe, my overly talkative tortoise shelled cat.

Hobbies/Interests: art, art history, makeup, fashion, fake hair, and getting out of texas.

Height: 5'10, almost 5'11.

Eye/Hair Color: my eyes shift between green and grey, generally falling somewhere in the bluish area. my hair is naturally blonde, but currently black with lots of weave in it.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: officially, after christmas. lets say january of 07.

Starting Weight: i have no idea.

Present Weight: i have no idea about that either. i havent seen a scale in months. and good riddance.

Goal Weight: my goal is not a weight. i'm not trying to 'lose weight'. im losing size. My goal is to ultimately have a 37 in. waist. when i first measured myself back at christmas time, i had a 45-47 (i cant remember exactly)in waist. i dont know what size i am currently..i need a tape measure..lol.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: probably genetics..lol. lack of willpower adds to that at times as well.

Following any specific plan: not particularly..reduced calorie, lots of frozen meals, and the like. i exercise every day for about an hour.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i'm becoming obsessed with being healthy. and its not unhealthy..and, im seeking support, which i generally do not do.

Anything else you would like to share with us: besides that i love sex? nah, nothing right now.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #524  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

First name (if you want to tell): Mary Caroline

Geographical location: Louisiana!

Marital Status: engaged 3 years

Children/Ages: 2 dachshunds, ages 1 year and 4 months

Occupation: Student, double majoring in Nursing and Graphic Design

Pets: 2 doxies

Hobbies/Interests: photography, playing with my pups, movies, music art in general, human anatomy

Eye/Hair Color: black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 31, 2007

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 220

Goal Weight:I would be happy with 150 or 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Ummm.Food is delicious and I live in the south.

Following any specific plan: Excercise and calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I know I need to change my life

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am excited to get the first monthout of the way!!
Old 04-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #525  
Christine's Mission

S/C/G: 178/152/135

First name: Christine
Geographical location: Just moved to Texas, but my heart is still in MASSACHUSETTS
Marital Status: SINGLE
Children/Ages: nope
Occupation: Account Manager for Baker Hughes Centrilift (i sell oilfield equip.)
Pets: none
Hobbies/Interests: rowing, yoga, scrapbooking, concerts, movies, and drinking too much
Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blonde
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This current journey, Dec 15 2006
Starting Weight: 178
Present Weight: 162
Goal Weight: 145
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love going out to eat with my friends and having some cocktails... it's just not the same watching everyone else drink! and i'm big on peer pressure, they know all they have to do is buy me a shot and i can't refuse (what am i supposed to do, pour it out!) lol... but also, i've always been overweight... my heaviest i weighed 205... then i was a student athlete in college and got my weight undercontrol... but i have never had a normal BMI and it is so time for that, i don't know what i'm "weighting" for!
Following any specific plan: Just trying to be healthy!
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Everytime i would lose weight in the past, i would lose a little get bored and go back to my normal ways... but i want to be healthy now, eating a bunch of junk doesn't make me feel my best and i really need to break the cycle!!! Hopefully this time for good
Anything else you would like to share with us: I figure, as long as i don't quit i will get there... i mean it doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as you keep trying for something and don't stop until you get there, you will get there... right???
Closed Thread