Old 06-11-2007, 04:19 PM   #571  

S/C/G: 122/122/110

Height: 5'2"

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Madison,WI... soon moving to Chicago, IL

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: --

Pets: 2 year old kitty, Bella

Hobbies/Interests: lots and lots of studying, working as a bartender and in a lab, camping, snowboarding, reading, hanging out with friends when I have time!

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: june 11, 2007

Starting Weight: 122

Present Weight: 122

Goal Weight: 105-110

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating when i'm bored and eating poorly because of a busy schedule. I also spend a lot of time sitting (because of studying).

Following any specific plan: South Beach Diet, exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I was extremely tiny until my senior year of high school. I was a dancer and was planning to dance professionally after high school. I found out I had a rare birth defect in my hips, and had to have reconstructive surgery on both of my hips. I started college and gained a little weight, but nothing to worry about. After a particularly devastating breakup with my college boyfriend and the death of a close friend I pretty much let myself go and gained a lot of weight. After a year and a half of struggling with depression and weight gain, I am finally back on my feet and ready to learn to love myself again. Losing the weight is just one step toward a happier life.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:45 AM   #572  
Nova

S/C/G: 220/205/130

Height: 5'4 3/4"

First name: Synova

Geographical location: Minnesota

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Occupation: College student/PT nanny/Cashier/Handy-woman/Dog grooming assitant

Pets: Dogs: Luka 85lb chocolate lab & Lily 65lb 3/4 black lab/ 1/4 chesapeake bay retriever; Cats: Gabby-White w/brown tabby spots DLH, Rica-Dilute torti DSH, Maria-White w/black spots DSH, Demitri-Red tabby DSH, Lucky-Brown tabby DLH, Gypsy-White DSH

Hobbies/Interests: Camping, Fishing, Hiking, Reading, Writing, Singing/songwriting, Animal Rescue, Psychology, Music

Height: 5' 4 3/4"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel eyes/dark brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/22/07

Starting Weight: 220lbs

Present Weight: 205lbs

Goal Weight: 130lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Depression and my family always telling me to eat

Following any specific plan: Just increasing the length I walk my dogs a day (1 mile to 2 on up), Eating less, Only eating when I'm hungry, Eating healthier

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I believe in myself and already lost 15lbs.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not that I can think of. I know I'm not trying to lose 100lbs exactly. I'd love to weigh 120 but I figure 130 is more realistic and I carry my weight pretty well I think so I figure I'll look good even at that. so I'm trying for 90lbs and I've lost 15 so far (Just broke up with bf of 3yrs. gained 20lbs to 220lbs and lost 15lbs of it so far and figure it's time to lose the rest of the baggage).
Old 06-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #573  
Ready to do it!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/164

Height: 5'7

First name: Tina

Geographical location: Hawaii

Marital Status: SoonTo Be Married!! Nov '07

Pets: Wiener/Terrior Mix named Red! So adorable!

Hobbies/Interests: Internet, Family/Friends, Movies

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time around:6/11/07! But I started to pay more attention to my weight as of Jan' 07.

Starting Weight: 214

Present Weight: 208

Goal Weight: 164

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated!!! Eating well- no fast food!! And not eating when I'm bored...

Following any specific plan: 6wbmo / plus modifications. Working out more than I use to.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am using this site 3FC, and have a reason to want it! Getting married in 6 months!! And my boyfriend is very supportive.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:52 PM   #574  

S/C/G: 245/188/160

Height: 5'5"

First name (if you want to tell): Monica

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: Single and happy

Pets: Two cats (Maxx and Bilbo)

Hobbies/Interests: music, movies, shopping, sight-seeing, traveling, sex therapy (what I'm studying), psychology, reading, dancing, my tv shows, etc.

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: When I popped out of the womb. OFFICIAL date: July 2006

Starting Weight: 245

Present Weight: 205

Goal Weight: 137

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Exercising. As a bigger person, exercising is just really hard, I don't care what anybody else says. My body aches constantly and I always just have to be like "KEEP GOING!" Also, I'm a huge emotional eater, so I had to overcome that hurdle as well.

Following any specific plan: eating more veggies and fruits while staying away from meats (except now I'm addicted to veggie burgers and such.) I'm also watching carbs and calories. Plus I walk between 4-5 miles a day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually exercising this time, which actually gets my energy and adrenaline going. At first I did a starvation diet, which then made me gain back all the weight I had lost. Slowly, but surely, I just started cutting out sweets and high fat/high carb foods and slowly working towards eating healthier snacks (no more snacky cakes!) and such. I've seen a difference and so has everyone else.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really glad I found this group because now I know I have a support system
Old 06-19-2007, 12:26 AM   #575  
Future bikini beauty

S/C/G: 234/234/160

Talking

First name: Lyndsey

Geographical location: Columbus, Ohio

Marital Status: Single, in a committed relationship with a wonderful guy

Pets: None for me!

Hobbies/Interests: Music (indie mostly), film, blogs, concerts, festivals, art, politics (if you share interests, please PM me, as I'm psyched to find some cool friends here!)

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Auburn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/17/07

Starting Weight: 234

Present Weight: 234

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not making excuses and putting myself first!

Following any specific plan: Diet and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: For the first time in 20 years, I'm not in school! I have a predictable schedule, and a fantastic boyfriend who encourages me and accompanies me to the gym.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:04 PM   #576  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'7"

First name:TJ
Geographical location: Toledo, OH
Marital [/B]Status: Single
Children/Ages: none
Pets: Cat (calico) named bella and a dog (english bulldog..yeah he's chubby too) named louie
Hobbies/Interests: music, art, painting, biking, friends
Height: 5'7"
Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/19/2007
Starting Weight: 212
Present Weight: 210
Goal Weight: 130 or more
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Avoiding junk food, fast food, sweets and laziness...stop making excuses
Following any specific plan: Master Cleanser for first two weeks...45 mins pilates and 20-30 mins cardio

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm interviewing for jobs where i will be in the public eye (sales, recruiting, etc.) and i think my weight and image are really affecting my search for a job.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:53 PM   #577  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone! I was around here last year, but when I returned after a winter of maintaining my weight, my support group was missing. So, here I am. Support me!

First name: Amanda
Geographical location: New Mexico
Marital Status: Long-term Relationship
Pets: Chihuahua/Mini Pincher named Ferguson, two dwarf hamsters named Sally and Lula, a fish named Batou, and a crab named Floatsam.
Hobbies/Interests: Listening to music, reading, writing, knitting, crocheting,
Eye/Hair Color: Red / Hazel
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: End of August 2006
Starting Weight: 254
Present Weight: 231
Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Avoiding sweets (cookies, ice cream, candy) and following through on my exercises each day.

Following any specific plan: Reducing my portion size, eating healthier foods, and walking at least two miles each day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Before I really buckled down and started keeping track of my calorie intake in August of last year, I had never really tried to lose weight. So, I hope to do things right the first time around. I don't expect to hit my goal weight in a year, though I would love to be down in the 190's by the end of the summer.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #578  

Talking

Hello all! I'm brandy spanking new here and am very excited about finding this site!

First name: Bonnie
Geographical location: Nebraska
Marital Status: married
Children/Ages: 3- almost 3, 19 mo. & 2 mo.
Pets: none
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, playing w/kids, tv, internet
Eye/Hair Color: Black / Hazel
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Yesterday! 6/19/07
Starting Weight: 165
Present Weight: 165
Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not snacking on kid's snacks & working out regularly.

Following any specific plan: Kinda following Weight Watcher's (nursing moms points).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm trying to take off baby weight (tummy bulge)
Old 06-21-2007, 01:51 AM   #579  

S/C/G: 295/262/170

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone!

First name (if you want to tell): Gabrielle

Geographical location: Ga

Marital Status: Engaged

Pets: 1 Cat

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, knitting, reading, movies, swimming, painting

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: blue-grey/Burgandy

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Tuesday June 19 2007

Starting Weight: 294.5 lbs

Present Weight: 294.5 lbs

Goal Weight: 150 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Addiction to sweets...and junk food in general

Following any specific plan: No, just changing my life...my eating habbits and exercising more...a lot more!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a great support system with my boyfreind.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope I make a lot of new friends here. Most the friends I ever had before didn't really understand me. It'd be great to make friends with people who understand what I'm going through.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:33 AM   #580  
I need Motivation

S/C/G: 135/135/95

Height: 5'0

Default My name's Marie, You can call me Kit kit :D

Hi everyone

First name: Marie

Geographical location: Florida

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: go out, computer, singing, dancing, tv shows and movies, etc.

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown/Jet Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 2007

Starting Weight: 143 lbs

Present Weight: 135 lbs

Goal Weight: 97-100 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: going out to eat with people, stress , overeating.

Following any specific plan: not really. Exercising and Eating less. I eat 1000 calories a day.. or at least I try to.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i am trying to set it as a lifestyle, and not something temporary. for life eheh! motivation is to make myself feel better, more confidence in myself.

Nice to meet you all!
Old 06-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #581  

First name: Molly

Geographical location: Wyoming/South Dakota area.

Marital Status: Single.

Children/Ages:
None.

Occupation: EMT (on the ambulance/Fire Dept.), CNA, and Paramedic Student

Pets: A cat.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading romanice novels, school, work, hanging with friends.

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes are Dark Blue, and hair is Brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Well technically, I've been trying to lose weight since I was a kid. But I guess you could use today as an official start to a new life. So June 23rd, 2007

Starting Weight: My highest weight was 240lbs (2 years ago), but as of today I'm 228, and I'm using that as my starting weight here.

Present Weight: 228lbs

Goal Weight: Ultimatly 115lbs.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Changing my bad habbits, which are eating too much, eating junk food, not eating fruits/veggies, and no exercising. Plus I give up on myself too easily.

Following any specific plan: For now I'm gonna try eating healthy foods, staying at 1200 calories a day, and 30-40grams of fat a day, trying to cutdown on bad carbs, and exercising.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel like I'm really ready this time, to make it work, no matter what.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I don't think so.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:27 AM   #582  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Hello All!

Name: Alexis

Geographical location: New Jersey

Occupation: Have experience in the movie and publishing industry/ Currently a music festival instructor/ Working a change of career...

Pets: 11 yr old Airedale Terrier named Winston

Hobbies/Interests: Chamber Music, Foreign Films, Reading, Writing, Rock Climbing, Languages...

Height: 5'8.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/25/07

Starting Weight: 155.4

Present Weight: 155.4

Goal Weight: 119

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional Eating, Lack of Motivation, Stress, Boredom, Apathy...

Following any specific plan: No eating past 8pm, yoga every day, lots of water, high protein/low carb.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I'm ready to stop playing around w. weightloss and just get there. I'm settling in for the long haul...

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

~Ax
Old 06-25-2007, 10:15 AM   #583  

S/C/G: 240/225/175

First name (if you want to tell): Kate

Geographical location: New York

Marital Status: living in sin with my bf

Pets: just some fish

Hobbies/Interests: reading, working out, walking, movies, shopping, hanging out with friends, camping

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: started June 18th 2007

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 232

Goal Weight: 175 is my goal for right now, even lower would be healthier, but I'll be happy once I get down to 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have no sense of portion control, I've got a boyfriend who loves to go out to dinner and can eat whatever he wants and not gain any weight.

Following any specific plan: Yes, 1600 calorie diet for diabetics (which i am not) and working out at the gym 5 days a week and doing something active the other two days

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i've never really made a focused effort before... it's always just been "yea I should lose some weight"

Anything else you would like to share with us: i can't think of anything else right now
Old 06-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #584  
elizabeth

S/C/G: 230

Height: 5'3"

First name (if you want to tell): Elizabeth

Geographical location: Tennessee

Marital Status: Married for eight months

Children/Ages: trying

Pets: Xela (Zela), my adorably min pin.

Hobbies/Interests: TV (I know I need to give it up!), singing, cleaning house, getting ready for teaching, shopping, (and I would desperately love to add excerising to this list)

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/ Blonde
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I'm starting fresh today June 25, 2007.

Starting Weight: 230

Present Weight: 130

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Avoiding sweets -- I love sugar! Exercising-I hate it!

Following any specific plan: Trying the weight watchers plan
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am at the biggest I have ever been! I don't know what's happening. I haven't changed my eating, but I just keep gaining! I'm also trying to get pregnant, but know I won't be able to until the weight comes off.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not that I can think of...
Old 06-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #585  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

First name (if you want to tell): Aidyn

Geographical location: Gainesville, FL - home of the Gators... actually, I didn't attend or graduate from UF, so I resent the Gators because whenever there's a game, I can't leave my house without taking an hour to get somewhere that would normally take five minutes.

Marital Status: Long-term relationship: 2 years

Children/Ages: No children... but I have a chihuahua!

Occupation: Web designer, technical writer, and I'm studying to be a nutritionist and personal trainer... yeah, I think I can help a lot of people out with their goals, especially once I get down to mine - I can set an example!

Pets: Chihuahua... his name is Nubi, he's 5 pounds, and he thinks he's huge and barks ferociously... don't they all?

Hobbies/Interests: Art, music, rock shows, open mic nights (poetry, comedy, whatever!), writing, acting, theatre, all performing arts, festivals, hanging out with friends, road trips, surfing once I get my bod back in shape and grow a 6 pack (or a 4 pack...), and anything I find fun at the moment.

Height: 5'6 and 1/2"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue-green-gray eyes, and the hair color changes. Naturally, it's a reddish brown, but I dye it dark brown, black, and any combination thereof plus added red highlights.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 31, 2007

Starting Weight: 175-180

Present Weight: 165

Goal Weight: 135 is what I'm aiming for... toned and ripped is another big goal. I don't want to just lose weight and then have a thin but flabby body, so I'm doing a lot of weight training.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: DIETING! I LOVE FOOD... I love to eat all the time and I love some not-so-nutritious things. I don't mind working out at all; infact, I enjoy it, but dieting is a different story entirely. Also, I love to party and get drunk, so I'm keeping the alcohol away... not only are a lot of drinks loaded with calories, but they also make me hungry and less inhibited, therefore feeling the undeniable urge and need to EAT... and everything tastes good when you're drunk... I used to go to Waffle House at 3 or 4 AM after a night of partying and then shovel down smothered and covered hash browns... NO MORE!

Following any specific plan: Working out: 10 miles in the morning and 10 miles in the evening on my bike; running 3-5 miles every other day; doing pilates at least twice a week; and working out at the gym when I have the time and/or feel like it.
Dieting: 1,600 calories or less (I try to stay under 1,500, but I'll give myself a little leeway here), <50g fat, <200g carbs, <2,000mg sodium, >75g protein, >25g fiber

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The only weight loss efforts I've made in the past were eating disorders. I'm just trying to develop some healthy habits so that I can stop obsessing over food and my body... and move onto better things, like LIVING! I made some very weak attempts at weight loss in the last year, but this time, I know I'm doing it for good - what am I waiting for? The only person I'm hurting by being overweight is myself and I'm tired of having no self esteem.
Closed Thread