Old 09-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #76  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

LOL I thought about you this morning as I did my workout! I bet tonight when you get home and you don't have a workout to finish, you're going to be loving it!!! AND, even though you're up late now, the more you get up early to work out, I bet the earlier you'll be able to fall asleep.

Just don't turn into an old lady like me and be in bed at 8pm. After my two workout days, I am just wasted, and my DH makes fun of me for wanting to be sleeping at 8.
pokeycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #77  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

lol, I tried to go to bed early last night... and I just layed there. I'm not really thinking about anything, I'm just not tired.

Watch, I'll get used to it and sleep even less now! Soon, I'll go to bed at 11 and get up at 4:30! And people will think I'm more crazy... haha.

And I was thinking, if I have time, I might as well do something else tonight. Like a 30DS or one of my other short DVD's... hhm.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #78  
Writer. Often pantsless.

That's the great part about working out in the am. You either,

A) have time to do whatever you want at night (I'm a HUGE advocate of this ) or

B) can get in an extra workout. I did plyo yesterday am, then did 3.5 miles on the elliptical last night. I'm hoping the extra workouts will be what really helps the pounds melt.

I'm really nervous about weighing/measuring myself on Friday. So nervous, in fact, that I just may not do it, and wait longer. I am afraid that I won't see the results I am hoping to see, and I will lose my momentum. I'm still debating...but at this moment, I don't think I'm going to do it. Arrgh!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #79  
is super awesome.

I haven't still and something is making me want to wait (lol, weight) till I'm... gasp... done.

Okay, I won't wait that long, but... still. It's worth thinking about.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #80  
Writer. Often pantsless.

I've thought about making Halloween my official weigh-in/measure day and just not even think about it till then. Is that too long?

For the first time, I am not weighing, and oddly (maybe not so oddly) I am sticking with everything consistently - eating on plan (for the most part. There may have been a mojito...or three ), and working out six days a week. I have NEVER done that before. But I also have weighed myself every day and been angry to find that the scale either didn't move or, even worse, went up.

Coincidence? Maybe, but I'm thinking probably not.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #81  
is super awesome.

I don't think thats crazy... I was going to try doing the twice-a-day stuff and see, just to see, how much I could change by 11/1...

Do it!
Old 09-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #82  
Writer. Often pantsless.

I'll weigh in with you on November 1st and not before then. It'll be more fun as a team effort!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #83  
is super awesome.

I hope it works! I feel smaller, but I don't feel like I've lost weight. It's ... weird.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #84  
Writer. Often pantsless.

I totally get what you're saying. I too feel changes, like I KNOW I'm getting stronger; as I'm up to 15lb weights where my first week, I used 5s. I think the inches are coming off sloooooowly but I think they're coming off. But I don't really feel like I've lost any weight. But, I see myself everyday...so there's that.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:16 PM   #85  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

OMG. Just finished Core Synergistics.... and I made it ALL the way through.. of course didn't do all the reps, but I didn't die or quit, woot! My boyfriend lasted to minute 25... Poor guy, I think he did too much too fast. I've completed Chalean Extreme (90 days), so I was ready for a new challenge, and I think this will definitely be it!!
Hope everyone is doing great! I'm hoping that I will see some awesome results.
Question: do you guys drink a recovery drink?? I am doing half a protein shake, so like 50 calorieswith 10 grams protein. Not sure if this is good or not, since my goal is weight loss, not muscle building... thoughts?
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #86  
Soon to be Greek Goddess

S/C/G: 205/180/145

I think I will start this next week. The 30 day shred is good for short workouts but for something more intense I want to try this!
Saphellae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:33 AM   #87  
is super awesome.

I do not drink a recovery drink. Usually I would come home from work, start dinner, do my p90x and then my DH would come home and we would eat. So.. I didn't see a) the need or b) I was eating anyways.

Now that I'm trying the morning-workout-thing, I've been getting up, doing the p90x, taking a shower and drinking my hot tea on the way to work. Then when I get to work and get out of our daily 15 min meeting, I have my instant oatmeal.

I thought only guys did the recovery drink? The only person I know who drinks them is a former military guy here at work that works out like CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY. Crazy.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #88  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

I was drinking it for a while for hard workouts but stopped. I worried about the weird stuff they put in it. Totally unnatural. I have a banana and water after working out now.

Off to Kenpo X! Two weeks left!
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #89  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Well i was poking around the internet looking for information, and they do recommend it for anyone doing the program. I think it's mainly for the protein for muscle strength. But I can't afford the drink they recommend, so I get Jillian Michaels Vanilla Protein powder and blend it up with some water and ice. Only 100 calories, and I split it with my boyfriend who's doing P90X with me. My schedule is a little different though, I do my P90X at night after dinner. What I'm afraid of is having a low blood sugar episode after (i'm a diabetic), so I think I'm going to keep doing it. I was STARVING this morning when I woke up even with the recovery drink.

Do you guys find that you are hungrier doing this program? I know I was with chalean extreme. On days when I exercise, I am ravenous!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #90  
Writer. Often pantsless.

I'm like Katie - no recovery drink. I do P90X in the morning and then get ready for work and then have breakfast once I get to my job.

@Katie - how are the morning workouts going for you?!