Old 09-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #61  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

I'm at the beginning of week three! 5 more days, and I'm going to weigh/measure myself to see how much progress there has been.

@kateleestar - did you try the shirataki noodles yet?
pokeycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #62  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I did! They were pretty good - way better in asian stuff, I would NEVER use them in my italian stuff. I did take almost 2 hours to let them ... change. I rinsed them 5 or 6 times, and then let them simmer in some chicken broth/soy sauce/garlic while I cut up all my veggies for stir fry... I was surprised, because my husband ate them too. He even liked them. Shock!

Oh, I also "pan dried" them in a little spray pam to get them cooked a little on the outside to reduce the squishy texture. They were pretty good, after all that... I'd use them again!

And, no p90x for me over the weekend... I would have died. We installed new kitchen cabinets though! It was plenty of a workout, OMG. I can't imagine what it would have been 30+ lbs ago, ... back on track today! Gonna make some Hungry Girl seafood corn chowder in the crock pot, since we have no stove or microwave... Well, we do... but they are in the extra bedroom, haha.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #63  
is super awesome.

And YEY ON WEEK THREE! I cant remember where I am, but I shall check the fridge when I get home!

GO US!
Old 09-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #64  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Go us indeed! I'm actually shocked with myself on how long I've actually stuck with this. It's HARD. I haven't missed a workout yet, and I'm shocked at that too. I'm naturally a slacker, and this is the longest I've done something consistently EVER. And the three weeks seems to have gone by fast too!! Yay!!!

I love Hungry Girl recipes!!!! Her onion rings are the bomb and I've made a bunch of other stuff as well. Love love love how easy stuff is and how yummy it is.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:57 AM   #65  
is super awesome.

Me too. I also love that I can coat something in Fiber One now, and bake it, and my DH thinks it's fried. What he doesn't know won't kill him, I guess. Heh. I've never made the onion rings, but I will totally try them! I did make the zucchini, and it was tasty!

And I did KenpoX last night. That one and the CardioX are my faves. I'm not really liking the YogaX.. I think it's too long, for one, and I don't really have enough space to do it in. I want to stay on plan, but I'd MUCH (mmmuuuccchhh) rather skip that one and put CardioX in it's place. Sigh.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #66  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Okay, so I have a confession...I sub out the dvds. I know! I'm bad!!!

But, I can't do the yoga one and am scared to injure myself. And I want extra cardio...SOOO...I do the plyometrics dvd on Tuesdays, KenpoX on Thursdays and CardioX on Saturdays.

Is that totally horrible?!?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #67  
is super awesome.

SWEET! I can almost do the yoga one, but I've always been stretchy. I could, at 258, put my ankle behind my neck...

I'm totally putting the yoga DVD away.. YES!!

And it's not horrible at ALL! I was thisclose to doing that anyway, and heck, if you do I will too!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #68  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

I sub out the Yoga program too. One, I'm worried about hurting myself. I might come back to it when I am lighter or plateu. Two, I don't have an hour and a half. Three, I find it boring. I know I should have more patience and learn the breathing etc. I think I would be more comfortable if I took a class and had proper instruction. I do cardio, plyo, or run that day. I've not had any issue getting results by not doing it.
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #69  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Nice that you've jumped on my bandwagon, Kate!!! You should try the Plyo dvd - I actually like that one.

And I'm with you, Leopardspots - I've taken a few yoga classes and actually enjoyed them, but the instructor has had to correct me quite a bit. I feel nervous trying something like yoga without an instructor right there watching me to make sure I don't hurt myself...the last thing I need right now is an injury from doing yoga in my living room
Old 09-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #70  
is super awesome.

I love the cardio one, and the plyo one. Maybe I will put them in my rotation as my 'yoga skipping' ones.. yey! I enjoy this bandwagon!

And I do hate how long it is.. Squeezing in an hour for me is waaay tough, but adding that extra 30 mins was awful. I wasn't starting dinner till 6:30, which is way late for us..

And pokey, I'm going to try to get up early tomorrow and to my work out in the morning. I don't know if I'll be able to go to sleep any earlier. I've been trying, but the earliest I've fallen asleep is just after 11.. ( I looked at the clock the last time at 11:06, so it had to be after that..)

Eek! No yoga AND morning workouts! Today is a big day!!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #71  
Writer. Often pantsless.

LOL - it is a big day!!!

It's hard the first week or so to get up early and workout, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE being done for the day by 530-6 am...or having the opportunity to take a class at my gym at night and get a two-workout-day in.

Have you weighed/measured yourself since you started? I've been dying to, but my DH won't let me have the scale until the end of my third week. He took it away because of the "scale-induced crazy."
Old 09-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #72  
is super awesome.

I was going to weigh myself on Saturday morning. Those used to be my weigh in days, but I've been so busy, I forget until 5 or 6 at night and then... no.

I want to stay weekly, but maybe in the last 30 days I'll do it daily to really keep track of things. Maybe. We will see.

And my DH doesn't know where I hid the scale, ...
Old 09-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #73  
Writer. Often pantsless.

I wish I could have mine back. There is one at the gym I go to, but I've only been going for Zumba at night, and so I'm totally with you - I don't want to know what I weigh fully dressed at 7pm.

Have you been following any kind of eating plan along with working out?
Old 09-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #74  
Writer. Often pantsless.

I just realized you are...you said it before that you're watching your calories.

it's been one of those days...
Old 09-29-2010, 08:01 AM   #75  
is super awesome.

I do, but I'm trying to stick to around 1700... I don't want to end up at like 1100 in maint after I'm all done and have to eat that little forever. That doesn't sound like fun, lol.

And this morning? SUCKED AS MUCH AS SUCKING COULD. omg. I'm gonna keep trying it, but I'm not not not okay with how early I got up. Lol. Maybe as the day goes on I'll feel better. I hope. I have kitchen cabinets to paint later! Sheesh.

At least it was cardiox and I know what's coming. Whew!