Old 09-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #46  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

I'm definitely feeling the exhaustion. I went to Zumba last night on top of Week 2, Day 1 and then was up first thing this morning to do Week 2, Day 2. I'm feeling it kick my butt big time!!!!
pokeycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:32 AM   #47  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I have to keep telling myself that "it's only 90 days" and "what else could you do in 90 days that would help so much?".... sigh. I wish I had more time, just another hour in the day.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #48  
Writer. Often pantsless.

That's a good point - it is only 90 days!!! Could you wake up an hour earlier in the morning and do it before work? That's the only way I can do it...by the time I work all day and drive home in heavy traffic, I'm fried. I can usually muster up the enthusiasm to do Zumba or a fun class like that, but I don't think I could stick with a serious program if I did it in the evenings.

And this is a great program...I had a size 14 pair of work pants that were just on that edge of "gain five more pounds and can't wear these in public" and now I'm sitting here at work in them and they FIT. Like, they fit how they're supposed to!!! Yay!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:37 AM   #49  
is super awesome.

I don't know that I could wake up at 4:30. Holy crap, that sounds early. Hah.

I'll blame my Dad and his late night-ness, because... If I go to bed at say, 10, I will NOT fall asleep until at least 11:30. I've tried it. So, I generally do stuff. Stupid internal clock. And its been like this since I was a kid. My bed time when I was little was 9:30 (even at 5 and 6, lol) and I would lie in the dark and ... wait. Sigh. Every night, like clockwork, I would finally get tired around 11:15 and drift off.. I don't think I can change it. Even getting up earlier as I've gotten older, for work, I still go to bed at the same time. It's like... how my body wants to be. Oh well.

And YEY FOR PANTS!! I love love love that it's so noticeable so fast. Maybe not in lbs, but in the way I feel. I have the energy to do stuff... Like I need more stuff to do!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #50  
Writer. Often pantsless.

I used to really be a night person - even preferred to work graveyards. I've gotten so used to getting up at 430 to workout now that it's just second nature - and I'm in bed and reading or watching tv by 9pm. Makes me feel like an old lady!!!

I've noticed the energy boost too! Last week (my first week) I was EXHAUSTED and couldn't do much except for P90X, work and then head home and lay like a lump on the couch.

This week though, I'm like, pumped. I get up, do the workout, go to work, then come home and do housework and then go to the gym for cardio. I don't know what's gotten into me. Let's hope it lasts
Old 09-23-2010, 08:25 AM   #51  
is super awesome.

I also look forward to it. I mean, I have to move other stuff around, but.. it's worth it. I figure that after the other X days I have left, I will totally look back and be all 'I'm glad I did this.'

Woo!

I might try waking up earlier, but.. boy will my husband hate me.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #52  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies,

I'm glad to see the both of you are sticking with it and seeing progress. I have to do it first thing in the morning too, so I'm not exhausted by the end of the day.

I'm on week 10, day 5. Unbelievably, I've lost 28.6 lbs so far. I credit alot of this to my diet and not eating tons of carbs, especially after lunch. I have so much more energy then I ever did. I'm estatic with the results.

When I was in the first phase, this program seemed like it would take an eternity. I can't believe I only have 3 weeks left now. Keep it up! It is so worth it!

Keep pressing play!

Last edited by leopardspots; 09-23-2010 at 11:14 AM.
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:56 AM   #53  
Writer. Often pantsless.

@leopardspots - that's really inspiring! I am hoping I see the same kind of results you are. I am really watching what I am eating, and sticking to a calorie counting plan.

Only two more days of P90X left for me, and I've finished week two!! Woohoo!
Old 09-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #54  
is super awesome.

Yey spots!!

And I've been watching what I eat it like crazy too... Except for the occasional (like, 2, ) long island, made with diet coke, though! And I fit them into my calories!

DH and I are having shirataki noodles tonight, for the first time... I'm 1/2 italian and this not-having-pasta-once-a-week is kiiiilllllllling me. Literally. Sigh.

Way to go us!!
Old 09-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #55  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Make sure you rinse and dry the shirataki REALLY well. I like them though, I melt a wedge of laughing cow cheese on them for an "alfredo," or put tomato sauce on them. They absorb the flavor of whatever sauce you use, so if you can get used to the consistency, they're great!

And I'm proud of us! It's a hard program, and we're sticking with it!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 05:33 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

Mad props to you ladies doing this program! It seems so impossible. I'd love to start it but I'm pretty sure I would die. Granted, I play sports and all that, so I'm not horribly out of shape (despite my weight) but seeing some of those exercises scares me.

And I have a few questions. My friend has all the DVDs but no booklet/calendar/nutritional thingy, and he says I can have them since he's done with it. So are the DVDs self-explanatory? Like, do I just pop it in and it tells me what to do on any given day?

I mean, I know there's a schedule (like the one posted on the first page of this forum) so do I just put the DVD on for a given subject and do everything on it? Or do I only do certain parts of it?

In short, how does this thing work? Do you repeat exercises throughout the 90 days?

Thanks so much! I may join you guys with the lean version once I figure out what I'm getting myself into.

Last edited by augeremt; 09-24-2010 at 05:34 AM.
augeremt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #57  

Augeremt,

The P90X program is a set of 12 DVDs with different workouts, Cardio, Plyo, Arms, Legs, etc. You can follow a plan that tells you which exercises to do on specific days. The lean program is posted but you can also find the other program plans online. It isn't hard to find the nutrition info, and worksheets online. I have all of the printouts for the plan and schedules and can email it to you if want.

Its a great program and I have found it very effective. Let us know if you have anymore questions.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #58  
is super awesome.

Yeah, and I don't follow any of the things that came with it (meal plans, books) I just stick to my calorie counting.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #59  

Ditto, I just eat lots of veggies, some fruit, and lean meat. I'm avoiding bread, pasta, white rice, anything with flour...
Old 09-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #60  
is super awesome.

I eat pasta, but only wheat... I'm italian, and that's not ever going to change

Besides, I want to try to eat like I can do this forever. Not just lose weight and be done and gain it all back... It's new me lifestyle.