Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #241  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Kirjava, this is my first year teaching too. It's been an interesting first year, but I am really hoping for a job for next year.

miss, I am so very jealous of your extra inch ! I have scoliosis, so I always felt a little cheated out of a couple of inches.

fashin and stargzr, congrats on the losses!

I didn't weigh in this weekend, but I'm really trying to stay focused and see where I'm at on Tuesday. Hoping to hit 160 or the oh-so-elusive 159!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #242  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

stargzr~thanks~WOW Your at 160 ~AWESOME!
So darn close!

fashinjunkie09
~Totally cool~Would be neat for u to reach 150's on the
7th too!!

tuende~Come in 150's! your sooooooo close!

I am back up to 162.0 Today No big deal~I eat withing my calories on weekends But eat different stuff that always changes my weight back & forth for a day or 2 sometimes. Saturdays & sundays I Make big breakfasts~And normally I eat cereal during the rest of the week.
I eat Eggs with cheese On toast & pancakes with sugar free syrup on the weekends and even though the calories do not change my weight goes up & down...LOL~I am soooo hoping this week Or weekend Coming is my time to get into those 150's! Hang in there everyone~Y'all are doing amazing~

Last edited by Lori259; 02-28-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:49 PM   #243  

I can officially join this thread! I'm about 167 right now (harder to tell on a dial scale), hoping to get out of the 160s as soon as possible!

Nice to join you all!

I try to eat between 1200-1400 calories a day, and I'm looking to lose 40 pounds from this weight.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #244  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Lori and Nicole!

I kind of went way off plan this weekend. On Saturday when I was cooking all my meals and snacks, I was cooking up turkey thighs with skin. My plan was to peel the skin off and throw it away... but I cooked it and ate it.

Throughout the weekend, I also had 8 peanut butter yogurt cups, 2 cups of frozen yogurt, half a tub of low fat CoolWhip with strawberries, two slices of bacon, half a sausage, 3 hard-boiled eggs, and one slice of spinach/egg casserole I made. I feel disgusting.

The only bright side is that now I've rid my house of some of those temptation foods like frozen yogurt and CoolWhip. Oh, and maybe that I've noticed that the "binge" I did this weekend is still only 1/5th of the size of a binge I would have done when still living unhealthily.

I'll be right back on plan starting today, and hope I haven't messed up my weight loss for this week as well. I hope you all had much more successful weekends!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #245  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

fashin - You're doing so great! You'll see 150s in no time!

tuende - Good luck on the WI! Hoping for a 159!

lori - Sucky that your weight fluctuates on the weekend, but that's cool that you know your body and that it'll go back down. Your weekend breakfasts sound yummy!

nicole - Welcome! Hope your stay here is productive!

kirjava - I'm sure you're bummed out about your "binge" this weekend, but I'm also sure it's nice to see the progress of where you came from to where you are now. Really, it wasn't that horrible and I'm sure you're back on plan today so hopefully that might have helped your weight.

I'm kind of irritated by my own fluctuations recently. I do realize that I'm getting down to the last few pounds here, but really? Sorry, that's a little frustration coming out... All in all I suppose my weight is doing well. This week I will plan out my dinners (that's when I have my issues) in advance and stick to it. I have a 'reward' beach trip coming up on whatever weekend I choose so I'd like to be steady in the 150s by the time hubby takes me.

How was everyone's weekend?!

EDIT: Oh I meant to tell you ladies... I bought my first pair of size 10 jeans this weekend! I'm so excited! I wore them on Sunday and after I took them off to hang around the house for the evening I had to try them back on before I went to bed... just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I know it's a little crazy, but for some reason I keep thinking I'll try to put them on and they won't fit... but they do!

Last edited by stargzr; 03-01-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #246  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

stargzr~the breakfasts are Yummy~I make a huge breakfast on saturdays & sundays That way we dont get sick of them with overload throughout the week....But they are delicous!

Kirjava~THANKS FOR THE WELCOME!

Nicole~welcome!

Well Im Back to 162.2 today~LOL
Staying on plan though~sooooo hopefully I see a swoosh soon on that scale!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 187/169/120

Height: 5'1

I'm still at 169...I just can't seem to get below it. I do know that I have been eating worse than normal lately, people keep asking me to go out and eat with them!! I really need to learn how to say no haha!! I hope everyone else's week is fabulous and we can all do great this week!!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #248  

Thanks everyone!

And Lori, welcome to you, too!

Today's calories look like they'll end up at 1425. Right on target! I just hope I don't get hungry at night time. That's my weakness - I crave chocolate at night! I may add a small pack of hershey kisses for 60 calories if needed ;-)

I started with an Oats and Chocolate fiber bar (140 cals) for breakfast, with a diet hot chocolate (25 cals).

Around 9:30, I had a big 16oz (2 teabag) cup of orange spice tea.

At 10am, I had 16oz of water

Lunch was 5oz ground beef, 3/4 cup lima beans, 3/4 cup corn, 3/4 cup tomatoes and 2.5 cups broccoli. Yummy! (and 674 cals) I washed it all down to a diet mountain dew (12oz) and a .5 L water bottle.

Throughout the afternoon, I drank an addition 6 cups (48 oz) of water)

Dinner is planned as 6oz grilled chicken breast, 2 slices bacon, 2 tbsp bbq sauce, and 1 oz cheddar cheese with 1 cup green beans (586 cals). I will probably drink 2 more water bottles through the course of the night, maybe 3 My water total (excluding the hot chocolate and tea) will be either 112oz or 128 oz.

Any advice you all have would be incredible! I try to stick to 1200-1400 calories a day, but today I was super hungry and added an extra 2.5 cups of broccoli to my day - not a bad addition if I had to make one :-)

Last edited by ValentineNicole; 03-01-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #249  
Almost there

Sounds like some good healthy choices, Nicole!

Was your lunch all mixed together, or did you eat them all separately? I envy you your love of veggies, because I wouldn't be able to have that much in one sitting!

I've thankfully gotten back on track today. I overdid it on the sodium, but I'll have the rest of the week to flush any extra water weight from my body. I hope everyone else is having a good Monday!
Old 03-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #250  

Kirjava, the tomatoes, lima beans, and corn were mixed together with the beef, but the broccoli was eaten maybe 30 minutes later. I love vegetables, but I have difficulty getting fruit and dairy in my diet. We all have our weak spots!

Don't you hate overdoing the sodium? Every time I eat those 100 calorie popcorn bags or over do it on frozen meals or processed foods, I mess up my weight loss for the week. It's so frustrating! I'm sure you'll get it back to normal before weigh in, though! Good luck getting out of the 160s!
Old 03-01-2010, 07:25 PM   #251  

Tuende, I have scoliosis, too. I'm about 3 inches shorter than I ought to be on bone tests, and it's SO frustrating!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #252  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

lulu-restaurants are so hard for me too! When I was still in college, we'd go out to eat ALL the time! It was so hard to order something healthy and watch my roommates dive into all kinds of delicious things. Although, you should still go out and enjoy your friends, maybe just learn to say no the fries .

Kirjava- good job getting back on track today. And sodium, schmodium...at least you were making better choices!

Lori- welcome! Your breakfasts sounded too good...I had to stop reading!

stargzr- You are so close! Try not to get to frustrated, I mean you have that trip to look forward to! Do you know where you're going?

Nicole- 3 inches...man! Although, the good thing (if you really want call it that) is that even with a short torso, we still have the legs of tall people ! And I'd much rather be a few inches shorter than have that ridiculous surgery! Welcome, by the way!

And in other news...I got the job!!!! I'm so excited to finally have something consistent and it's in 3rd grade, which I love! Although, I can't say today was all good. I subbed in Kindergarten with NO lesson plans and mid-morning, a kid puked in his book bin. You take the good with the bad I guess...
On track today, but didn't really have much time to think about food or weight-loss or anything, which I suppose is a good thing.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:08 AM   #253  
Almost there

Congratulations on getting the job, tuende! Sorry about the puking kid, though.

Lori, I guess you're right that we have our weaknesses, because dairy is no problem for me at all. I used to be pretty consistent with fruit, but now that I'm going low-carb, I'm avoiding fruit because it has a lot of carbs compared to veggies like broccoli and spinach. I love broccoli and spinach, which is lucky because they're two of the lowest-carb veggies, and also happen to be the veggies with some of the best nutrition values.

And yes I hate sodium! Why does it have to taste so good?
Old 03-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #254  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

nicole - Great healthy choices! The beans/meat sounds good!

kirjava - Drink your water! You're doing great!

tuende - CONGRATS on the job!! I'm so excited for you!!
I think you're talking about my trip to the beach. Since I'm in SoCal I'm about 30 mins from being up in the mountains and an hour from walking on the beach... There's this city that I love going to. There's an outdoor mall, lots of opportunity to walk around another area which is like 3 blocks of shops, and of course the ocean, it's great. So we'll be going there for sure!

I LOVE fruit... I could eat it all day long. Veggies are a different story, I like them just fine but I tend to look for something else "instead". I've been getting better with them though so that's good.

Last edited by stargzr; 03-02-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Thanks ladies for all your support!

Welcome Valentine! Your day sounds pretty great food-wise I might have to make that chicken you had for dinner myself it sounds yummy! And you have def got your water intake down, I need to take some notes from you!

stargzr, I know how frustrating fluctuations can be but stay strong you are doing awesome! And way to go on size 10's what an amazing NSV!!

kirjava, yay for getting back on track! And I feel ya on the sodium, it's evil!

Lori and lulu, I've got my fingers crossed for wooshes for you both!

tuende, CONGRATS! 3rd grade sounds like it would be so fun and they will def keep you busy!

So I started working out again last night and although it wasn't particularly long or strenuous I am up quite a bit on the scale this morning (like 1.2 lbs ) So I am hoping it's water weight that maybe my muscles are retaining because I've been OP food-wise.... Oh well hopefully it will go away soon when my body gets used to me working out again.
Closed Thread