Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 05:59 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

boston, good luck avoiding temptation especially since it's in your house! Be strong! And congrats on 168 and your NSV you're doing great!!

sotypical, I'm sorry about the added expense of your new straightener. I also use mine everyday so I know how bad that sucks when it just stops working.

stargzr, ha ha thanks! And 157- woo hoo! I've got my fingers crossed that your WI goes well even though I'm sure it will!

kirjava, great NSV that's so awesome!! And I'm glad you got your calories sorted out, it sounds counterproductive but sometimes you have to eat more to lose. So are you sticking to low carb and just upping your other cals or going back to the way you were eating?

I'm hungry... And I don't have any calories left until dinner which is like 3 1/2 hours away... I just hope I can make good choices when I get there. Luckily my friend is trying to lose weight as well so we can be strong for each other.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #347  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

fashin, I'm ditching the low carb. It was really restricting what I could eat, and I think it's hard to get enough calories on it. It seemed like I was eating the same quantities of things, but really I wasn't getting anywhere near. Plus eating spaghetti again was heavenly this week!

Could you take some of your calories off of your supper so you could have a snack now? Or maybe fill yourself up with something like hot tea or water? I hope it's not too hard for you to wait!
Old 03-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #348  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Kirjava - I so hear you on the fish tank! It's thinking about cleaning it that sucks. Doing it isn't bad, only takes an hour - but just thinking about it is hard work. I left the stupid thing for 3 months though, so I had to do it. It's 65 gallons too - so its biiiig haha. Congrats on the jeans! I love it when jeans that were too small fit!

I still haven't tried me new flat iron, I will today though. Yesterday I went around the mall again just to make sure I got a good price - and I really did get an awesome price! But then I was walking around I found the Olympic Vancouver 2010 mascot that I really wanted, 50% off - I thought it's only $15 so I bought myself it, since it will be my last chance to get it. Then I was leaving the store... I saw my bedroom bedding set 50% off. So then I had to buy the curtains for the set and a decorative pillow. Last thing I need is for the set to sell out and them not carry it anymore. We just got a new king sized bed at Christmas and only had a few pieces of the bedding. Anyway, I need to stay away from shopping! Should help with eating healthy at least, can't afford to eat out! lol I am happy I was able to get the stuff though, I have been thinking about the curtains for a while now. I can't wait to get them hung up, it's gonna look so nice in the bedroom. I might measure the window today and even see if I can go find a rod.

I am sitting here being lazy, putting off exercising (hence the long post). Crocheting some dish rags for a dog rescue donation. Day light savings time sucks. Almost 11 and it doesn't feel like it should be that late.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #349  

kirjava, it's cool you are going back to the way you were eating before, I'm not sure I could ever give up carbs altogether. That's what I love about calorie counting, nothing is really off limits. I think though, that if my losses start to slow down I might try and nix carbs at dinner time. I've heard this can jumpstart slow weight loss and I kind of like the idea.

sotypical, I am the same way about procrastinating lol especially when it comes to exercise. And that's awesome about the good prices on the straightener and bedroom stuff, I love it when stuff that I need is on sale!

Well last night was not so great eating-wise. I was supposed to meet my friend for dinner at 8:30 but was starving at 5:30 and then my bf brought home 2 large pizzas and some cinnamon sticks from pizza hut. Needless to say, I was not happy with him but I couldn't help myself. I ended up having 3 pieces and 2 cinnamon sticks *sigh*. But I was stuffed all night so I didn't eat anything at the restaurant and stuck to cranberry vodkas all night (only had about 2 1/2), and this morning I am happy to report I am down a couple ounces. I'm probably a little dehydrated from the alcohol but I am going to be really good today and drink lots of water and have a good WI tomorrow! For those who weigh today, how did it go?
Old 03-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #350  

I weighed in today!!! Its one day early but Im taking it!! 164.6 means I've made my march goal!! 2 weeks late, but better than never.
Now my next goal is to make it to 159 sometime in April.....

Ladies..I feel like i cheated....I changed my starting weight from 185 to 187. 187 was my highest weight around this time last year. But in June when I decided to get rid of the weight I was 185. What do you ladies think...is that cheating?
Old 03-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #351  
Almost there

LiLLy, Congratulations on making your March Goal! I don't think it's cheating. That really was your high weight. If you shaved two pounds off your current weight, I might call it cheating, though.

fashin, sorry you gave in to temptation. What was your boyfriend thinking, though? He should have got a personal pizza for himself instead of bringing home an entire family-sized meal. But you are down a few ounces, so that is good!

sotypical, it's good you got some great deals! I'm glad there are no malls up here, or I would overspend. I can't resist a good deal!

Last edited by Kirjava; 03-14-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #352  

Kirjava hehe thanks for that Man as much as I was tempted on cheating on my current weight I decided to be real with myself and keep it at the 167 when I was not getting past it. My hands were itching to change the ticker just to see what it would look like. heheheh that would be bad.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #353  
Almost there

I have been bad with eating this weekend. Yesterday wasn't too bad, because I keep Saturday as my cheat day anyway, but today I was doing well until I had a bowl of bacon and eggs, and then made some a small batch of sugar cookie dough, which I ate raw and is basically just butter, sugar, and flour. I feel gross.

I don't understand sometimes how I can know that food will only feel good for maybe the 10 minutes it takes to eat it, and feel horrible for hours afterward, but I still eat it anyway. I've used up all my calories (and more!) for the day already, and it's only 6:30. I'll have to just have tea from here on out, and serve me right if I'm hungry later. Blaaaaaaah.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #354  

fashinjunkie, I completely feel where you're coming from! When my boyfriend wants KFC for dinner or Cheesecake Factory, it's torture! And I don't want to feel deprived, so I just try to make due with the best choices I can make

LiLLy, congrats on making your March goal! That's phenomenal! You'll be at your April goal in no time - good luck!

Kirjava, I'm sorry you've had a rough day. I definitely know how you feel - this whole week I've been awful at staying on plan - my boyfriend is here visiting me. I'm just hoping not to gain! I'm sure you did fine though, and you'll get back to it tomorrow! Just be strong and eat a reasonable dinner tonight :-)

Weigh-in tomorrow, and I take my boyfriend to the airport to go home. It's going to be awful! I'll miss him SO much!! I've eaten poorly all week, and it's TOM (8 days early! AND I'm on birth control, so that really sucks) so weigh-in won't be great. I'm expecting to stay exactly the same as last week. I did better today at least :-) And I bought LOTS of veggies to get on track next week. Worst case scenario, I should only have 1 more week in the 160s
Old 03-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #355  

Lilly, way to go making your March goal that's awesome!! And you are def not cheating by making your start weight higher in my opinion.

kirjava, I know I got kind of upset with him because he knows about my diet and about my love of pizza. But I told him it better be gone when I got home or I would throw it away. Luckily, he left it out all night (ew right?) so my mom threw it away lol. And I'm sorry that you haven't had a good weekend food-wise. Also, unfortunately I can't help you with the why do we eat something when we know we'll be miserable after dilemma because I've been asking myself the same thing for years. But, you are doing great and this minor setback won't change that. You can do it girl!

Valentine, I am the same way I will just go with it and do the best I can. I know that if I don't allow myself some treats I will usually obsess about it until I end up bingeing on it. And good luck on your WI tomorrow keep us updated!!

My official WI is tomorrow too and I'm hoping for 160ish so we shall see!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:32 PM   #356  

Kirjava - I have those days too!! Eeekkk..speaking of which I ate a lot of cake this weekend. But tea totally helps!! Especially green tea... I cant wait to come over and join you in the 150's (cause I know you're so totally getting there soon!)

ValentineNicole- - Thank you!! heheheehehehe How far do you and your bf live from each other? Man that is the worst, having to drop him off at the airport! I did that in the beginning of January with mine and am still waiting to see him!!!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #357  

LiLLy - we live about 1,000 miles apart! It's awful :-( i just moved to Minneapolis for work, and he's still in Knoxville TN. I won't lie; after dropping him off I went to burger king for breakfast to cheer myself up! Lol. I bet you really miss your guy; hopefully we'll both see them soon!!!

As for my weigh in... Blah. 161, same as last Monday. But I ate a lot and I'm bloated from TOM so I'm not too upset. :-)
Old 03-15-2010, 09:30 AM   #358  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Kirjava – Great NSV with the jeans! Hooray!
I totally know what you mean about eating something you know is bad. I do that too. I try to keep any bad foods out of the house, but it’s like I still find something to be bad with. Then I feel so guilty later on. I did that this weekend as a matter of fact. I think I’m scared to actually get to my goal I ate too much at once and felt sick the rest of the day. I wasn’t going to eat again for the fact that I was so horrible to myself, but I ended up having a small protein shake after running. It was low cal and I knew I needed something. Next time I want to eat non-sensibly I’m going to put on a good song on my ipod and dance around for it. Hopefully that will remind me why I pay attention to my food.

Sotypical - I was going to ask how big your tank is… Hubby and I have a 75gal tank. We just set it up not too long ago, so we’re still deciding what fish we want to put in… Great news about the bedding! Granted it was money you hadn’t planned to spend, but a great buy nonetheless!

Fashin – That’s great about the WI, some of it may have been dehydration, but at least you’ve already accounted for it and planned to drink loads of water. How’d your WI go?

Lilly – Totally NOT cheating. Regardless of how those 2 pounds came off, they still had to come off. I say count them!

Nicole – You’re doing fabulous! Sorry to hear you’ve got to go put your bf on a plane and send him home

Well ladies, because of my slip-ups this weekend I am back up to 159… sad to leave you all, so I procrastinated coming on here until today. I am finally in the 150s so I’m keeping my changed ticker and moving on over to that thread. I hope to see you all very soon!!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #359  

Bye stargzr! Thank you so much for the support, and congratulations!!! Good luck in the 150s club; hopefully I'll see you there soon!!!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #360  

Bye stargzr!!! Thank you for everything and I hope to see you sometime in the next week!

Valentine, that really sucks that you and your guy live so far apart. Is he planning on moving to where you are? And I feel you on the WI but 161 is awesome (I have to keep reminding myself of that too, lol) But if we work really hard we can be out of here by next week, we can do it!

So, I was right about dehyrdration yesterday because I am up to 161.7 but that's ok because I needed the water. Only had about a .6 lb loss this week but I wasn't great eating-wise so I'm going to be so good this week because I'm determined to meet my Spring goal and get the heck outta here!
Closed Thread