Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

fashionjunkie, yay for being down!!!!

kirjava, those burgers sound delicious

I weighed myself this morning out of curiosity and at a new low! 165.6 , another .2 lbs and I'll be closer to the 150 than to the 170s. I hope that I can be at about 163 by the end of this week.

Good luck ladies, and we'll see the 150s soon!!
Old 02-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #197  

Kirjava oh my goodness I just had breakfast adn you made my mouth water with that sandwhich of yours made my mouth water!!
And thank you for being so positive for me. I seriously would have given up if it wasn't for you ladies

Effie12 what a success!! Definitely deserves a happy dance
Old 02-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Thanks effie! And congrats on your lowest ever that's awesome! I think 163 by next week is totally do-able!!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #199  

you guys are awesome! not only are you kicking a**, but it's amazing how a few "you can do it!"s makes me feel sooo much better!

yesterday was one of those weird days. i think my exercise has def made me munchier, cause i hit the gym hard, and then came home and inhaled a lot more than necessary. all in all i honestly probably only ate 1000 calories more than planned...not good at all, but pales in comparison to damage i've done before. and that helped me put it in perspective. that blip is not going to have much of an overall impact on the week's loss. today my stomach hurts! body karma!

today will be better! i think im going to grab a veggie footlong from subway later this afternoon because it's huge, easy easy, and i can control my consumption

kirjava: i'd love the recipe! i'd like to be a fly in the wall in your kitchen! do you have any ideas for easy fish foods?

effie: YAY!! and i really like how you think of 165.4 as closer to the 150s than the 160s...i'm hovering around the low 60s right now, so that's a really helpful thought!

hope you are all having a great afternoon
Old 02-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 206.8/168.9/115

Height: 5' 5"

those spinach chicken burgers sound delish! im gonna have to try that soon. i was wondering what i was going to make for dinner tonight... :-)

im starting my exercise program tonight. i plan to do a 5k in april and im wildly out of shape, and im quitting smoking tomorrow and doing the stairs in my apt. builiding tonight. theres quite a bit of blowing snow here and i SO don't feel like walk/jogging in the cold. hehe

anybody tried the p90x or chaLEAN? a classmate of mine is getting the p90x and i wanted to know which was better, or more worth the money, since they're basically the same cost.

and my 160.0 was short-lived :-( definitely a result of dehydration. im maintaining around 162.5 though, so ill take that for another week!
Old 02-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #201  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

effie, congratulations on hitting your new low!

party, I'm glad you're putting it in perspective and keeping optimistic. You may have gone a little over in calories, but you did work out hard!

As for being a fly on the wall in my kitchen... I suppose it would be interesting, but not for the reason you think! I am no cook. It's only recently I've started making things and trying, and the spinach burgers and frozen peanut butter cups are my first successes. Usually I'm just making easy boring stuff like cooking up a porkchop and microwaving frozen broccoli.

Here's the recipe for the burgers, and it would definitely have been interesting to watch me make it, for the reason you'll see!

This recipe is only approximate, because due to a lack of certain things I had to do bizarre stuff to get what I wanted. For instance, I took 7 raw chicken breasts, cut them into small chunks with scissors, then took the electric hand mixer to them to get sort-of ground chicken. Ditto for my whole leaf cooked spinach. My ground chicken was really liquidy, so I only used one egg.

2.5 cups chopped spinach (maybe 2 10oz packages?)
3-4lbs ground chicken
1-2 eggs
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1/2 tbsp pepper
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

This made about 8 large, thick burgers (about 1/2" thick, about 4.5" across). Your recipe could make more, especially if I'm way off on how many pounds of chicken are in 7 raw chicken breasts. You might choose to make smaller burgers as well. I love garlic so I went wild on the powder, but you can adjust spices to your taste. I would have loved to use fresh garlic, but I don't have any.

Even if your recipe doesn't get something exactly like mine, they would have to be delicious. The grated parmesan melts in with everything and it tastes cheesy and melty and gooood.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #202  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

effie - HOORAY for the new low! Big Congrats! I'm sure you'll make it to 163 very soon!

party - I agree, you did say you had a hard workout so your body probably just wanted lots! It's great to hear that's progress too! Consider that a NSV maybe?

nurse - Ehhh, don't be so discouraged about the 5K. If you want it, you can do it! Congrats on quitting smoking tomorrow! That'll be a big step I'm sure.. and it'll help your lungs to get more air when you start your running!! Double bonus!

kirjava - liquid chicken... I can just picture it. Your recipe still sounds great! I've been getting more into cooking lately as well... I think the more we lose, food seems to get interesting (at least to me). So I finally tried eggplant and liked it so much I made eggplant parmesan this last weekend. It was great! I very much look forward to more of your recipes!!!

Is anyone else a stickler about their water intake? I make sure I get in enough water every day when I'm at work, because it's easy to drink water and work, then go to the kitchen to re-fill. I'm hoping someone can help me out for the weekend... I always seem to not drink enough then am SUPER thirsty monday morning and drink tons!

Last edited by stargzr; 02-22-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 216/SEE TiCKER/145

Looks like everyone's reaching goals and smashing through plateaus! Congrats ladies!! My "official" weight this week is....161.8!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #204  
Almost there

MiSSxB, congratulations! You're so close to being out of the 160s!

stargzr, I'm not sure how busy you are on weekends, but my weekends mostly consist of bumming around the house and watching movies. I keep a mug in my bathroom, and every time I go to the bathroom I make myself drink a full mug of water. Because I'm drinking more, I'm going to the bathroom more often, and because I'm going to the bathroom more often, I'm drinking more, and it starts a nice cycle that never really stops.

If that won't work because you have busy weekends with shopping and socializing, maybe bring a water bottle with you and refill it often? I'd probably give myself something like an infant feeding schedule: every 2 hours, I'd make sure I drank the entire bottle. Then I'd refill it and start again for the next two hours, and so forth.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 216/SEE TiCKER/145

Thanks Kirjava! You're pretty close also. It looks like most of us will be going into the 150s together with everyone else right behind us.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:53 PM   #206  

woo! everyone's doing so well! i love the idea that there's gonna be major turnover on this board in the next few wks!

i have the same problem with wknd water stargzr. at work i drink loads! some out of boredom i think hehe. but on the wknds, and with the increased alcohol intake, i knooow i don't get enough. i don't have any great ideas, but i want to thank you for bringing this up. i find that i can maintain good choices during the week, but on the wknds, i veer off course. i'm thinking i should make water a #1 priority on the wknds! i always allow myself some leeway on the wknds, but i can do that AND drink more water.

kirjava, your recipe and explanation cracked me up. "ground" chicken -- i love it! also i really like to know that you kinda make it up as you go, and it still works! cause that's about all i got! i just grab from the pantry and the fridge and try to make something up.

missxb! congrats! i know it means a lot to have the "official" number read so low!! ahhhh!!

nurse, i haven't done any program like those you named, but i've read some, and it seems like people really do love them! i figure it just gets you set up for success cause you commit to it -- the investment itself probably motivates! plus, trying a new "program" and committing to DO IT, for 30 or 60 or whatever days MUST get you going. i say go go go for it!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

I hope you had a better day yesterday party! And like they've already said your body craves more food when you workout hard so don't let it get you down. You're doing fantastic!

Nurse, way to go on quitting smoking! I wish you the best of luck with that cause I know it won't be easy but it will be nothing but good for your body! And 162.5 is great you are getting so close, I bet you see the 150's very soon!

kirjava, yum! I am going to try those burgers soon! I love garlic too and I make turkey burgers all the time but I'd like to try chicken. Thanks for the recipe! Oh and you're ideas for drinking more water are brilliant! I think I may have to try the mug in the bathroom!

stargzr, I've only just started paying more attention to my water intake since that's all I drink now besides my small morning coffee. I'm like you I drink alot of it at work and gotta work on it at home. But how much do you drink? I've heard take your body weight and cut it in half and that's how many oz you should be drinking but 80 oz sounds like ALOT.

miss, congrats on 161.8 that's awesome!!

Unofficial WI this morning is 164.5 so the scale is moving in the right direction again!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #208  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

miss - Congrats on the low weight! You're going to be in the 150s in no time!

kirjava - I really like the idea of the mug in the bathroom, I will definitely try it out this next weekend! I'll have to remember to take it out when we have people over, I can just imagine my mom asking me why there's a cup of water in there, haha.

party - I changed my WI day to Sundays, so that helps me to eat better over the weekend. (most of the time)

fashin - I just started with trying to drink 60oz while at work. After I started running though, my body wanted a lot more! So now I get in at least 80-100oz while at work on days I run... then whatever I have after I get home. So I think I'm a little bit water crazy sometimes, lol. I do use the restroom a lot at work too
Old 02-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #209  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Kirjava, those burgers sound so good and your description of making your own ground chicken had me laughing! I've seen much weirder things done to meat in the name of butchery, so I'll just congratulate you on your ingenuity!

Nurse, that is so great that you are quitting smoking. Your body will love you for it.

fashinjunkie and miss, congrats on the weigh-in's!

stargzr, re: the water. I have the opposite problem. I do great when I'm home on the weekends, but I can't seem to get it in at work. When I'm home I usually just have a glass of water around, with whatever I'm doing. If I'm out of the house, I bring a water bottle with me. However, at work I'm super busy all day and drinking water is really the last thing on my mind. Also, I can't really leave my class to be running to the bathroom. What does remind me to drink water is the almost constant talking/reminding/nagging does tend to make me thirsty!
Old 02-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #210  
Almost there

nurse, way to go on deciding to quit smoking! Best of luck breaking the habit and starting a healthier life!

fashinjunkie, good to hear that your scale is going back down where it should be! You got back on track quickly.

I hope all of those who try my burger recipe have more access to the real stuff and don't have to McGyver ground chicken like I did. Good luck, and bon apetit!

I'm glad my water ideas are useful to some of you! I'm being really careful lately about having a lot of water. I don't know for sure how much I'm having, but it must be at least 3 litres a day.

tuende, are you a teacher? I'm one, too!
Closed Thread