Old 03-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

I liked Zumba and I wish I didn't share a locker with my friend, because otherwise I would have stayed for the hip hop class afterward. Instead I came home and did 30DS after a small snack of walnuts and strawberries.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5'5"

I tried Zumba once, and it wasn't for me...but a lot of people do like it. I think I have an athlete's view of exercise: push your body as hard as it will go! If it doesn't feel like you are about to die it doesn't count. That being said, I think going out and dancing with the girls is one of my favorite bonus exercise out there.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I'm still thinking about bungee jumping this weekend, but I also kind of want to save it as a reward for getting in the 160s. Today was good - I ate a lot of fruit and veggies and drank a lot of water (V8, strawberries, apple, avocado, a sweet potato and an orange for later). My ideal but unrealistic diet is raw vegan, so I feel good. And I will be working out in a bit as well. I fell better today!

Don't you find it frustrating being single with the intention of not being single? It turns into a crazy square dance, bouncing from being open-minded, to maintaining your high-standards, to getting your needs met, to just having fun and going with the flow. Yikes! I wish all of us singles luck navigating through it...and hope we all find the great man we are looking for.

So...I've talked about training for a triathlon for a while, and I think I am going to get serious about it. I want to participate in a sprint triathlon this spring/summer, but to do that I would have to get WAY more serious about my workout routine. I think I need to find other people to train with who are on my same level...(BTW - a sprint triathlon is a mini one - usually somewhere around a 1/2-mile swim, 10 mile bike and 3 mile run)
Zephra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

SO Yesterday was awesome. I was supposed to have a light activity day.....so I called the BF to go for a leisure walk yesterday evening but on the way I pass the gym so I said what the heck I'll go in anyway and then if we walk that's extra. I was supposed to run a mile or get on the elliptical for a bit. I ended up running 2 miles and about 5 min on the elliptical. The elliptical was last and that was I could take before my legs started quivering. SO I guess that mean today is rest day....I gotta weigh today anyway! I had PB and Crackers last night and it took me over my points by 2. I was so pissed! But screw it I worked crazy hard for 4 days straight. I think I will be fine.

Zephra That spring/summer triathalon sounds so sool. I wish I was in shape enough to do one. My ultimate goal is half marathon.

Brooksrm Yeah I know what you mean about the glass windows. My gym is that way too. But I lOVE Zumba and when you are in there you so focused on doing it right you forget you were self-concious about in the first place.

RHTS Hey Missy! You have been keeping pretty busy! Good job passing up all the goodies or the "badies"????

Casey Yay!!! NO drinks...that is a hard one for me!!!!

Icon That's funny I pictured you and your cat on a couch looking out at the rain with such sad faces.... WTG on being down

Becky I don't know if I would call "month ago" guy but I surely wouldn't put my life on hold for Ryan. It sucks that he isn't ready but heh, you are hot and sexy and there are kazillion guys other than Ryan and "month ago" guy. Now!!! Sexytime in 2009

Cora What a strong girl you are being. It is good to keep busy and nice to be around your family and friends. And through all of this chaos you are managing to stay within your calories.....You're like Super Sexy Cora

Taylor Welcome back sweetie. Look how dedicated you have been staying OP during all that busyness! (spelling???)
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Casey -- OMG you are my hero. No drinks on St Patty's!? I would have been annihilated.

Nicki -- Yes. I'm terrified to the point of tears of clowns, leprechauns, and oompa loompas. Why, I don't know because I know in my head it's regular person under there just dressed up, but my heart starts beating out of control and I break into a cold sweat and start shaking and panicking when I see them. I'm not AS bad with people dressed up in those big head animal costumes (ie: Chuck E. Cheese, Mickey Mouse, Big Bird) but i'm cautious of them too.

Becky -- BOO!!!! Do a Tanya Harding on Ryan for being a dip. As for month-ago dude, I think I would put him as speed dial 9 just in case you have a desire for rug burn again, but I certainly wouldn't be feeding him right off the bat. Make him buy you something good first.

Zephra -- Those triathlons are FUN! The summer ones usually include a swim, though, and that is no joke.

Cora -- It's good to see you keeping it together, and I wish nothing but the best for you. You'll be better off without him. For some reason he comes off as the kind of guy who has these sorts of stupid "emotional swings" often.

Ghost -- Uck! It has been raining here for the past 8 days, and finally today the sun is out to say hello. Did you end up stepping out in it, or just staying inside? Good job being down on the scale!

DanSin -- I test tried the new dance on my gay friends and was promptly told that jazz hand pirate hooker dances were a no-no this season, but I saw a few of them with expressions like they *might* wanna try it, so we'll see if any of these skanks cramp my (copied) style so I can start some drama.

Ashlan -- YAY!!! I'm +8 right now from drinking waaaaay too much and eating nothing but Waffle House the last three weeks. I'm trying to be back down so we can both be sexy on the beach in a few weeks. Nish and Cake wear short shorts 09.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Nish You been hiding that pretty face all this time. **** yeah we wear short shorts. I swear I think about you on the treadmill when i am about to pass out and then I keep going. SO my favorite outfit is like short *** jean shorts pumps and a cute top so my legs gotta be right!!!!

Last edited by CakeBatter; 03-19-2009 at 08:55 AM.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

That's because I can only take an 'okay' photo under certain conditions. The planets have to be in alignment, proper barometric pressure, god has to like me that day, etc. I am the worst photo subject ever, so I hardly take them. My friends will start with the crap and i'll be like, "Don't take a picture of me, I don't photograph well." They'll take it anyway and are like, "No, I got a cute one!" Then we go back and review it and they're like, "Wow... you do take bad pictures." LMFAO -- We'll put it this way, people that have seen me in photos are always surprised when they meet me. I guess it keeps things exciting though.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:36 AM   #142  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Icon - i've decided i'm switching to your measuring system...I know you are used to it, but damn it sounds so much better to say you are 70kg rather than 150, or whatever it converts too! I have a love hate relationship with the rain, specially when its HUMID!!

Brook - i know this is easier said than done, but change your mindset about the gym!!! I sooo used to be this way too, I would get in a groove of going to the gym and then not go for like a month, and I would seriously say I'm not going back because everyone there is going to be like, hahaa, look at her, she's back and trying again, loser...NO WAY Man, everyone in the gym is there to better themselves! So I say, at least I'm here, at least you are doing something,and you only can't keep up the first couple times, if you keep it up, you'll be right there with them. I have no idea what zumba is, and I'm gonna look it up when i get home cause our work blocked YouTube so we can't watch it here anymore...damn it! hahaha!

YAY Casey good job at the party!

Zephra - if you really want to get serious about it, and need help finding people check out Craigslist, i know here in Phoenix there are always posts on the community pages that say, hey we're a group of runners and if you want someone to run with, meet here. Definitely good to surround your self with people who are doing the same thing as you...AND who knows, maybe you'll kill the singles bit with one stone! eh!!!?

Cake - dude, pb and crackers only 2 points...don't you get activity points anyway??? Dude you are a gym rat now, just admit it! hahaha, You go girl, that outfit sounds HOT! You're definitely getting it this year girl, and with your rocking hair, you man's going to have to keep you in doors, hahaha!

Nish - haha, guess you'll just have to join the happy hands club?? (am I the only one that like Napolean Dynamite??) love your real pic..purrrty girl! **** yea on the short shorts too, I NEED to get some color on those bad boys, my top half is DARK, but my legs are ghostly...Finally this year i will be buying shorts again, shoot AZ is year round short season, we have winter for a day. OH yeah, and I'm like that with photos too, i can't smile on command, and then when i do, its CROOK - ED!

So I weighed 149.8 this morning, so there is a possibility I can be down to 148 tomorrow on my OFFICAL weigh-in...I'm not getting my hopes up like last week, but seriously, I'm tired of 1-5 this and 1-5 that...buggin! Man dinner last night was phenominal, I'm so surprised I only had one serving, I was full though! OMG yesterday I was off of work, and my BF, (we work together) had secretly ordered me a GALLON of green tabsasco, so when we came in this morning it was sitting on my desk! hahah LOVE IT! Seriously, it's a handle of green tabsaco, we saved so much money because those bottles you get at the store last me a week and are like $3-$4. oK, I'M a dork, but still that's awesome. He didn't even know they existed and so last week i sent him the link to it, so he must have bought it then. LUV that dude...

K, thank you drive-thru!
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #143  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

bliss What a beast you are! Way to kick the gym's butt!

taylor Hey girl! How ya been? That trainer still kicking your butt? LOL

carter Good for you!!!! Tae Bo??!!! That's you being a rockstar. I'm scared of Tae Bo....maybe I should give it another whirl? OH NO!!!!! Well it is good of Ryan to be so upfront and not lead you on. So good guy points to him. Second, DO NOT CALL THE OTHER GUY!!! Still not worth your time! You're just feeling lonely and vulnerable and want some attention. Which I don't blame you but I think you may regret it later. At the very least maybe just start talkin to the other guy but I don't know if I would hang out with him right away.

dansin Sounds like you had an overall good day! Proud of you for not going out!!! That's right....that's what weekends are for! LOL. Let me know how that vodka cream sauce is. It sounds delish!!! What a good man you have! That's awesome! Glad to see the scale is your friend. Here's to you staying in the 140s.

brooks So sorry girl! Tell mom to back off! You're not ready yet and you're not gonna go screw some guy just so she can have grandbabies!!!! Glad u enjoyed the Zumba class! I've actually been meaning to get into the one in my gym but the time usually conflicts with my schedule. A glass workout studio!!! Can you say demotivator?? At least for me! Sounds like u did fantastic!

cora Glad to hear you're doing okay! Keep checking in and let us know how you are. Keep counting those cals! You're doing great. Keep your head up girl.

ghost Girl go running in the rain!

casey Good for you!

remember Wow! Pizza and a bake sale? Go girl!

zephra I didn't realize there were so many singles on this board. POWER TO WOMEN!!!!

cake You are working hard! Keep it up!

Nish ROFL!!!! And your pic is hot!!!!!!

So I did good yesterday. I did my strength. I stayed OP. I went to work. I made $91 when my goal was $60 so that was awesome!!! I came home and had planned on doing 30DS but it was 1130 and I was WAY too tired. So what did I do? I set my alarm 30 min early and did it this morning! Yes I am proud of myself for that! So now I finished Week 1 of 30DS. Week 2 is looming ahead. I want to aim to do it tonight but may need to do it in the am if tonight is a late one again. My goal tonight is $75. Wish me luck!!!!!

Last edited by nicki rose98; 03-19-2009 at 11:39 AM.
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:40 AM   #144  
Stephanie

nikki - the vodka cream sauce is fantastic, and super easy, its like a 20 min meal. This is like the 5th time i've had it, so fantabulous!!!

Sweet deal making $91! You are like hitting the jackpot all around...good thing girly!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #145  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

LOL ! Ladies I did not call that other guy....he is a loser anyways. But I did talk to Ryan ALL night and he is awesome. I know that he wants to be with me...he's just scared(as am I) of the whole relationship thing. But seriously we talk probably at least 3 times(minimum) on the phone a day...see each other at least every other day and our kids hang out together. We text each other. We're not seeing anyone else...we might as well be classified as together haha.

Nicki- I LOVE TAE BO!! But I do the ultimate workouts..they are a lot harder then the basic ones and longer. They are great for at home and make me sweat pretty hard core.

Cake- Girl some crackers PUHLEASE!! If I would have had junk food in the house it would have been SCARFED down last night...I was having cravings sooo badly. I am pretty sure that I should be starting my TOM in the next week...that is I should be. And look at you go with your 3 miles and quivering legs!

Dansin-ooo I need to buy some tabasco now...although i've never tried the green stuff-is it milder?

Nish- Girl you are my frickin IDOL! You are beautiful, tough, and witty TEACH ME YOur ways lol

alright seriously I am goin to get off of my *** now and do some tae bo and get in the shower before Ryan decides to call me and I get distracted
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #146  
I will do this.

Thanks for the warm welcome back, ladies!

I WAS during well with my eating during rehearsals and such but got off track a week and half ago....

I got so bloated I felt ill...I didn't want to do anything! But I have been doing well for these *3* days

I have started to eat a lot more fiber and while that has REALLY helped me stay full..my bloated hasn't gone away. I have read up on fiber and I am just gonna stick with it and drink plenty of water until my body adjusts.

That new double fiber bread from orowheat? (sp??) LOVE IT. They also have english muffins which have 110 calories and 6 grams of fiber and the brad is 140 calories for 2 slices and 12 grams!

Anyway girls -- I am off to my trainers and I will be better about personals really soon. Spring break is next week and I have real no plan except to really get ahold on being healthy again
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:24 PM   #147  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

dansin Can you give me the recipe? I would love to try it

carter GOOD GIRL!! I'm proud of you. I think you shouldn't give up on Ryan. Like you said he's just scared. Go with "friends" for now. Maybe hang out a bit and show him that there's nothing to be afraid of. Show him that there's a reason him and his ex broke up and that now he's sitting here talking to you! I think I may try one of the basic Tae Bo DVDs

taylor Sounds like you have a good plan going. Keep it up!!!! Let us know all about your rehearsals and the current show in the making!
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 221/ticker!/145

Height: 5'4

Ladies, I think I have a problem...

I am turning into a gym rat! I actually look forward to and am excited about going to the gym!! Not that its a bad thing... heck, a few weeks ago, you couldn't PAY me to go to a gym, much less spend 2 hours 4-5 x a week in there. Super hot summer body, here I come!!!
blissclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:44 PM   #149  
Stephanie

Yipppeee! I finally got over the hump of HATING going to the gym too, it's awesome. My BF says i'm a chick whos consumed with working out now! Way to go Bliss, you will not Regret it! Did you pick Vegas for your wedding?

Nikki - Ask and you shall recieve...I used whole wheat spirals cause Penne is just too pasta'eee, haha, and we always over cook it so that it doesn't taste like whole wheat pasta, icky!
(sign up and make a recipe box, you can always get back to it quicker!!)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html
Old 03-19-2009, 12:46 PM   #150  
Stephanie

OH yeah, green tabasco is way milder, its addicting, I'm in love with regular tabasco too, but the green stuff is better on way more things.